Wookie
3%
Grand Moff
42%

Total votes: 38

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Yes that seems to be a general problem with not many of the moderaters are very active, GAT and David being the most active and even now GAT has sort of steped out leaving things to Pablo and David, but even they, are lucky to check half a dozen threads each

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

Guys, why not put out an add in the classifieds for a new mod. Either that or we could all meet in some arena armed with clubs, pikes, cat-o-nine-tails, etc. and have a battle to the death.
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Why don't we elect mods? The poll is rigged so an IP number can't vote twice, and there can be debates, although there wouldn't be much to debate about. People would put campaign signs in their sigs and avatars. Or, we could run one-party military elections, and have polls with only one choice.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Golem169
Redshirt

Post by Golem169 »

I would like to see a ranking of Sith Lord, if it isnt already there
A truly wise man once said " With no God, how can we explain pickles?"
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Golem169 wrote:I would like to see a ranking of Sith Lord, if it isnt already there
That rank is reserved for Darth Wong himself. Even Admiral Kanos (his own alter ego), is a different rank (System Administrator).

I think we need something beyond Village Idiot for DarkStar. It should only be given out as a result of repeated threads that all demonstrate stupidity, bad logic, irrational debating techniques, dishonesty, etc., and should only be used on the most ardent of idiots.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Hmm prehaps a Secondary Rank, Relative IQ levels? :twisted:

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Master of Ossus wrote:
Golem169 wrote:I would like to see a ranking of Sith Lord, if it isnt already there
That rank is reserved for Darth Wong himself. Even Admiral Kanos (his own alter ego), is a different rank (System Administrator).

I think we need something beyond Village Idiot for DarkStar. It should only be given out as a result of repeated threads that all demonstrate stupidity, bad logic, irrational debating techniques, dishonesty, etc., and should only be used on the most ardent of idiots.
How about the rank of "Jar Jar Binks"
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

theheap wrote: How about the rank of "Jar Jar Binks"

Wouldn't that be just another way of saying "Village Idiot"? :D
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Tsyroc wrote:

Exactly but it sounds much worse. Don't you think? :D
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

theheap wrote:
Tsyroc wrote:

Exactly but it sounds much worse. Don't you think? :D

True, and originally Jar Jar was banished from his village so that's got
to be the worst kind of Village Idiot. :D
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Are you guys talking about DarkStar, or just anybody?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Darth Yoshi wrote:Are you guys talking about DarkStar, or just anybody?
Well, it started off as being about DarkStar because he is clearly the most idiotic Village Idiot right now (at least since creationists were given their own special category), but I think that a rank is needed below VI in general to help us deal with some of these people.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I know Elder Wyrm

For anybody who is from ASVS, from back in the time when Mike actually roamed the USE.Net

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Tychu
Jedi Master

Post by Tychu »

the thing i would like to see is at 100 posts your asked what type of galactic work you want. Like if you want to join corsec or something you should than go on to corsec rankings, bounty hunters would go up the line in a site voted greatest bounty hunters with Boba or Jango as the master of the Bounty Hunter class, than if you master a class you should be able to choose another line of work.

i hope the higher and site founders read my opinion,
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

I think that that would take way too much time for the moderators to program in. The way it is set up is so that people with exceptionally high post counts or who do something else for the website are rewarded with their own titles. Everyone else has a "regular" title, which get fairly cool at the very high end. I have absolutely no problems being a Jedi Master or a Jedi Council member, and I really don't see the problem with keeping it the way it is. That way we can easily distinguish between people who help Wong and people who are just frequent posters, and this way we can easily recognize who has seniority.