Whos more annoying...

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Golem169
Redshirt

Whos more annoying...

Post by Golem169 »

Wesley from T.V.'s Star Trek, the Next Generation, or Anikan Skywalker from epidode two? My vote goes for wesley, simply because of his haneous hair and strang uniform that is meant for a child.
A truly wise man once said " With no God, how can we explain pickles?"
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Wesley. He was such a dork and his scenes were quite painful to watch in the first season, because they were so awkward.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Wesley. He was such a dork and his scenes were quite painful to watch in the first season, because they were so awkward.
I don't know, I think I'm going to have to go with Anakin just because he impacted my appreciation for TPM far more than Wesley did for TNG. There are only going to be 6 SW movies and that kid is in one of them. How many episodes was Wesley in? He even got to be a halfway decent character once they sent him to the acadamy.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I guess you might be right. But his performance in "The Naked Now" pissed me off so much, you wouldn't believe it.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Tsyroc wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Wesley. He was such a dork and his scenes were quite painful to watch in the first season, because they were so awkward.
I don't know, I think I'm going to have to go with Anakin just because he impacted my appreciation for TPM far more than Wesley did for TNG. There are only going to be 6 SW movies and that kid is in one of them. How many episodes was Wesley in? He even got to be a halfway decent character once they sent him to the acadamy.
We're talking about episode II Anakin. The answer is easily Wesley.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Master of Ossus wrote:
Tsyroc wrote:
agreed. now if we are talking about episode I anakin i might have to rethink... that jake lloyd kid was not a good actor
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

I agree completely that Jake Lloyd is probably more irritating than Wesley. He is a terrible actor, and there are good kid actors that they could have used instead. If you have seen his acting in "Farewell to Jira," a deleted scene from TPM DVD, you will know pain.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Master of Ossus wrote:

D'oh!!! :oops: Sorry, I misread the "II" as "I".

In that case I'd have to go with Wesley too. Anakin was a bit bratty and petulent for a 20 year-old but he had his fair share of cool moments. I don't think that Wesley ever had any cool moments even when he was dating Ashley Judd (Ensign Lefler). He was almost cool in the episode at the accademy where one of his squadron mates died but even then he was only moving up to the "rebellious" stage that Anakin made so annoying in AOTC.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Master of Ossus wrote:I agree completely that Jake Lloyd is probably more irritating than Wesley. He is a terrible actor, and there are good kid actors that they could have used instead. If you have seen his acting in "Farewell to Jira," a deleted scene from TPM DVD, you will know pain.
DAMNIT Master, did you have to remind me of that scene, I nealry started convulsing on the floor...INMHO nothing compares to the utter pain, the need to drive an icepick into your brain shudder when he yells "Yippee!" in Wattoo's shop...UGH. Has he been in anything else, because I must avoid like the plague. I barely survived TPM because of him, only Maul's uber coolness and Obi and Qui Gon saved me from certain doom.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Sorry, Stravo. Maybe we should put up a poll in Off Topic which pits Jake Lloyd against Macaulay Culkin to see who is the worst child-actor in history.

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Stravo: Jake Lloyd has appeared in:

Madison (2001)
Die with Me (2001)
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
Virtual Obsession (1998) (TV movie)
Apollo 11 (1996) (TV movie)
Jingle All the Way (1996)
The Pretender (1996) (TV series)
Unhook the Stars (1996)

Plus several guest staring roles on Jigsaw (2001), 18 Wheels of Justice (2000), and ER (1994).

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Stravo: Jake Lloyd has appeared in:

Madison (2001)
Die with Me (2001)
Unhook the Stars (1996)

Plus several guest staring roles on Jigsaw (2001), 18 Wheels of Justice (2000), and ER (1994).
Spanky...I have not seen a SINGLE one of these movies(Except TPM)...I feel clean.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Master of Ossus wrote:I agree completely that Jake Lloyd is probably more irritating than Wesley. He is a terrible actor, and there are good kid actors that they could have used instead. If you have seen his acting in "Farewell to Jira," a deleted scene from TPM DVD, you will know pain.
I saw that and i do know that pain.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Madison (2001)
Die with Me (2001)
Unhook the Stars (1996)

Jingle All the Way That's where I saw him before. He was a whiner in that one too. The only thing good about that movie was the bit at the end where Arnold was in the Turboman costume that actually worked.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Anakin has a lightsaber. Wesley has the Squeak-A-Tronic 5000 implanted in his throat.

Wesley.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Tsyroc wrote:

Madison (2001)
Die with Me (2001)
Unhook the Stars (1996)

Jingle All the Way That's where I saw him before. He was a whiner in that one too. The only thing good about that movie was the bit at the end where Arnold was in the Turboman costume that actually worked.
You know i never saw jingle all the way, but i did here that arno in the turboman suite was funny
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Anakin kills people. Wesley makes people want to kill themselves. Killing people in movies is cool, so wes gets the vote as the one of most the annoying POS I've seen.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Jake Lloyd is the annoying Anakin. The AotC Anakin is just bratty, selfish, and short-tempered. I'm gonig with Wesley. How about Jar-Jar? He's probably the omst annoying of all.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
seanrobertson
Jedi Council Member

Re: Whos more annoying...

Post by seanrobertson »

Golem169 wrote:Wesley from T.V.'s Star Trek, the Next Generation, or Anikan Skywalker from epidode two? My vote goes for wesley, simply because of his haneous hair and strang uniform that is meant for a child.
I didn't find Anakin annoying at all in Episode 2.

Now, if you did Jake Lloyd's Anakin against Wesley...THAT might be
kind of a tough call. Wesley at least had a few well-directed, profound
moments, even if he was a total dork. I can see *nothing* redeeming
about little Lloyd's performance, however.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, ya got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man ... and give some back.
-Al Swearengen

Cry woe, destruction, ruin and decay: The worst is death, and death will have his day.
-Ole' Shakey's "Richard II," Act III, scene ii.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Wesley has Jar jar beat, both are insanely annoying but we saw Wesley more.

The prospect of Furlong instructing Schwarzenegger to Terminate both of them with a metal pipe or baseball bat is appealing. Too bad Cameron had to have his character be moral…
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

My vote is for Darkstar.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Falkenhorst
Jedi Knight

Post by Falkenhorst »

Wesley Crusher is easily the more annoying, seeing as I NEVER WATCHED EP.1, HAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHHH!!! (I've seen parts of it, but not the whole thing)

Wesley's uniform gave me the creeps, and combined with his hairdo, cast doubt on his gender. If I was in charge of TNG, Wesley would have been a juvenile delinquent due to him growing up without a father and his mom being a busy doctor and stuff. Then instead of him limping around the ENT D fobbing off stupid juvenile crap as an excuse for pranks and shit, he would have done some REAL DAMAGE, like replicating loads of narcotics and explosives and doing dirty pranks and blowing people out of airlocks and shit like that, heh heh heh. Also, he would actually score with some of those chicks he met. Also, I would have found a much more badass actor to play him. TNG would have been alot cooler if wesley was a budding criminal instead of a pissant little flamer.
Falkenhorst

BOTM 15.Nov.02

Post #114 @ Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:44 pm

"I've had all that I wanted of a lot of things I've had
And a lot more than I needed of some things that turned out bad"

-Johnny Cash, "Wanted Man"

UPF: CARNIVAL OF RETARDS
Shaka[Zulu]
Jedi Knight

I have to vote Weasley

Post by Shaka[Zulu] »

as the most annoying, for the simple reason that he chose to run off with the Traveler instead of Robin Lefler (Ashley Judd's character)! all that goody goody 'friends' crap he spouted to her drove me to the brink of insanity (there is NO way I would have passed on THAT!!!!!!)
panty-stealing military mecha maniac
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Re: I have to vote Weasley

Post by Tsyroc »

Shaka[Zulu] wrote:as the most annoying, for the simple reason that he chose to run off with the Traveler instead of Robin Lefler (Ashley Judd's character)! all that goody goody 'friends' crap he spouted to her drove me to the brink of insanity (there is NO way I would have passed on THAT!!!!!!)
Just imagine if TNG had continued to push the envelope the way TOS did. Wesley would definately been getting freaky with Ensign Lefler AND TNG would have had the balls to push the TV-14 envelope in showing it. This would have been a few years before NYPD Blue pushed the idea that regular TV can have shows that are just for grown-ups.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Falkenhorst
Jedi Knight

Post by Falkenhorst »

I still say wesley would have been alot cooler if he managed to kill off a few nameless crewmen now and then and was l33t enough to get away with it, HEHEEHEH...
Falkenhorst

BOTM 15.Nov.02

Post #114 @ Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:44 pm

"I've had all that I wanted of a lot of things I've had
And a lot more than I needed of some things that turned out bad"

-Johnny Cash, "Wanted Man"

UPF: CARNIVAL OF RETARDS