Just some shorts I wrote to pass time

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Just some shorts I wrote to pass time

Post by Shinova »

I'm currently stuck in my school computer lab for the next hour, hence I have nothing much to do except maybe post this. Do not expect a coherent plot or story. This is just to pass time and more like a ramble than anything else.

===========================================

"You find yourself now at the edge of your life with an endless road ahead of you. To make the transition, you must make the first step," the voice spoke.

The young man floated in a sea of nothingness. The only other thing with him in this expanse was a portal-like view of a blue-green planet with cities and people.

"To make the first step, walk off the edge of your present, confining life you must let go of your past. But the past never walks away--it always comes for you sometimes soon.

"Hence, you are faced with a decision. You cannot take a full step forward until you have completely abandoned your past. To do it, you must destroy it."

The young man glanced around himself, trying to pinpoint the voice. "Are you telling me I have to destroy my home!? How am I supposed to do that?" he exclaimed.

A red button appeared in front of him.

"The greatest events all result from the simplest actions--such as now for instance," the voice went on. "Here you will make a stand against all the love and injustice your life has done you. Will you purge it?"

"So I push this button, then I can go?"

"You will not just go. You will be free. Free from everything that ever held you down, kept your soul from taking flight. Your prison will be broken."

"That's all my friends and family down there."

"In the grand scope of the cosmos, we are all simply lives struggling to make sense of our existence. To put it in a perspective: the complete and true freedom of one is worth the lives of billions."

"Why don't you free them too?"

"Some are nowhere near as deserving of the true life as you are. Others simply do not have the faculty to appreciate true freedom. It frightens them. Can you imagine that? Freedom frightens.

"Those particular ones need to be confined and controlled out of their own want. They cannot appreciate the gift you are receiving if it were handed to them. Them, along with the undeserving, make up the 'people' of your planet. That they are not a concern is not true, but they are just more chains to bind you."

The young man raised a hand toward the button. His finger wavered hesitantly over the button.

The voice continued, " 'Life is precious' many say. But freedom is even more precious. What we do for you is a greater act of benevolence that the act of giving life to billions of people. The preciousness of life...only goes so far.

"So make your choice. Freedom and Life hang on a scale. Which would you prefer?"

The young man finally stabbed his finger down on the button. A moment later, the planet exploded, the fires of its death smothering its visage and its remains flinging themselves outward like a pack of birds breaking free from a cage.

"You have chosen. The path is now open," the voice said.

The young man found his feet touching the ground once more. With the endless path now open before him, he began walking.
Last edited by Shinova on 2003-04-22 12:25pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Another one:

========================================

Allahn, blood running down the side of his head, pursued his greatest enemy on aching feet, his hands barely able to hold on to his own sword. For so long he and his brethren had struggled against the forces of the Great Evil, and now, amidst this burning refuse of a world, this holy war had come to a head.

"Yang! Come back and face your doom!" Allahn shouted after the embodiment of the Great Evil, the general of the enemy forces, Yang.

"You've pursued me across these endless years. And now, our world in ruin, you still pursue me," Yang replied, finally stopping at the top of a burned hill.

Allahn ran up the hill and stopped to face his opponent. "You know your crimes, and now you must face them," he said with hatred.

"What are they?" Yang asked.

"Heathen!! Your ignorance makes the sky suffer! You and your fellow pigs have lived in luxury gathered at the expense of suffering millions! You have spread the iron grip of your army across the entire globe, trampling our true way of life through intimidation! You are the bane of all existence! You must die!!"

Yang held up a hand to stop Allahn. He said, "You should know though that most of all this is the fault of your leaders--"

"How are OUR leaders at fault! They've shown us the true vision, the vision of the One and you infidels piss on him and our devotion with every swaggering step you take across our holy lands!"

"How can you hold responsible our whole people, which you have slaughtered through terror over this war, for the actions of the few people--a few blemishes!?"

"You're very act of existence is a threat to the world. It ends now!!!"

The two men clashed, blades glistening in the raindrops as the heavens poured their tears upon the blood-soaked and burned land. Each's swords slashed at the other, parry, strike, parry, strike, until Yang finally fell.

"Why all this..." he gasped.

"You great embodiment of evil! Be gone!!" Allahn cried as he struck the final blow, severing the head of the beast. Yang's now-lifeless body rolled off the hilltop and out of view.

Allahn fell to his knees, the struggle of his people now over. He looked all around him and saw the burnt world he stood on. Behind him, one of his own approached.

"The war is over. The Great Enemy's lands have been cleansed of all its foulness. We have prevailed," Allahn managed to speak through heaving breaths.

"To what ends?" Yawa, known as the Sage of Reason, spoke. "The most fertile lands have been destroyed--"

"Those belonged to the Great Enemy and were hopelessly tainted."

"--the sea is poisoned--"

"It was to be. No other way to drive the enemy out of it."

"--the sky darkened and the sun blocked--"

"So their damned skyriders fly no more."

"--the world now very devoid of life--"

"A necessary price for this war."

"--and now what?"

Allahn was silent. Yawa said, "So now what? We have struggled against them for long, our single intent being their destruction. Now that they are gone, now what? The most fertile lands of the world, theirs, could've fed our survivors for centuries, for instance. The Neutral Nations have been living off of food from their hand for a long time--"

"Better that they are free! Free from having to eat off of the pity of the Great Enemy!" Allahn retorted.

"At the cost of the future of the world. See it now, what we have created through our 'Holy War.' "

Yawa sweeped his arm across, indicating the burned, lifeless landscape that had once been green. Allahn stood silent. Only the heavens spoke, their words raindrops falling from the dark-grey skies.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!