Acolytes for the Dark Lord

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Stark
Emperor's Hand

Acolytes for the Dark Lord

Post by Stark »

A lot has changed in the vs scene since Mr Wong did many of the articles on his site. What with a bunch of new canon sources, both ST and SW, the complete rejection of the ST:TM and the official status of the SW2ICS, the expansion of the canon database project, and noting the evolution of many of Mike's theories from his original pages, there's a lot of updating to be done.
Of course, we all understand that it's a lot of work for a Dark Lord with much more important matters, but I wonder how much help any of the nascent StarDestroyer.net community could offer in any such codification? While I'm not sure how much anyone could help (it's a very personal site after all, and it's exclusively his content), however I feel that the enormous workload could perhaps be lessened for Mike somewhat.

Any thoughts?
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Re: Acolytes for the Dark Lord

Post by Eleas »

Stark wrote:A lot has changed in the vs scene since Mr Wong did many of the articles on his site. What with a bunch of new canon sources, both ST and SW, the complete rejection of the ST:TM and the official status of the SW2ICS, the expansion of the canon database project, and noting the evolution of many of Mike's theories from his original pages, there's a lot of updating to be done.
Of course, we all understand that it's a lot of work for a Dark Lord with much more important matters, but I wonder how much help any of the nascent StarDestroyer.net community could offer in any such codification? While I'm not sure how much anyone could help (it's a very personal site after all, and it's exclusively his content), however I feel that the enormous workload could perhaps be lessened for Mike somewhat.

Any thoughts?
I think this is a great initiative that could bring huge benefits to Mike's page. The only problem I see is that, if a source isn't reviewed completely on the first pass, the rest of its information might be overlooked, which would be bad.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Re: Acolytes for the Dark Lord

Post by Stark »

Eleas wrote: I think this is a great initiative that could bring huge benefits to Mike's page. The only problem I see is that, if a source isn't reviewed completely on the first pass, the rest of its information might be overlooked, which would be bad.
The think the best approach would be to have a dialogue with Mike to discover how much assistance he's prepared to accept, and how much assistance we can actually offer...