Ice Cream

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Rob wrote:
Jello - he's from the colonies
Strike two. Blah, jello sucks. Sweet treats IMO are pudding and pie's with the occassional cake.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
Admiral Valdemar wrote:
Knife wrote:None, I know, I am weird.
You... you don't like ice cream?

Must be a jelly guy.
Or maybe he just doesn't have a favourite flavour.
But... but... everyone has a favourite. :D (Actually, I don't, I have too many I like).
Rob Wilson wrote:
Admiral Valdemar wrote:
Knife wrote:None, I know, I am weird.
You... you don't like ice cream?

Must be a jelly guy.
Jello - he's from the colonies. :wink:
Oh yeah, jello. 8)
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Yeah, you silly Limeys, we call it Jell-O or Geletin. :P
Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2003-04-29 01:15pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Knife wrote:Rob wrote:
Strike two. Blah, jello sucks. Sweet treats IMO are pudding and pie's with the occassional cake.
JAM ROLY-POLY!
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Yeah, you silly Limeys, we call it Jell-O or Geletin. :P
Or processed beef meat extracts with artificial sweetner flavourings. :P
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

JAM ROLY-POLY!
WTF? :?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Admiral Valdemar wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Yeah, you silly Limeys, we call it Jell-O or Geletin. :P
Meat? I thought it came from the bones or skins... "?

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Knife wrote:
JAM ROLY-POLY!
*Gasp*

You don't know what that is?!

It's a cake that is like sponge slab or something with jam on one side that is then rolled like a carpet and cut into slices and served with custard. :)
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
Admiral Valdemar wrote:
Meat? I thought it came from the bones or skins... "?
Truth be told, it's something that isn't very nice sounding. :wink:
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:
Knife wrote:Rob wrote:
JAM ROLY-POLY!
Oooooooooooooooo, with Rice Cremola. Yum!
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Yeah, I pretty much know where it comes from.

And you know what?

I don't care. :P

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Knife wrote:
JAM ROLY-POLY!
Think a Swiss Roll, but with a plain or vanilla flavour sponce and the cream is either replaced with or complimented by the Jam of your preference.

Scrummy when served with either hot or cold deserts.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:
Knife wrote:
JAM ROLY-POLY!
*Gasp*

You don't know what that is?!

It's a cake that is like sponge slab or something with jam on one side that is then rolled like a carpet and cut into slices and served with custard. :)
Ahhh, yeah those are great. Don't know what they're called here in the new 'liberated territories' but it sure aint a Jam roly-poly.

Mumbles in the background- "weird ass British naming a cake after a bug"

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:
Custard? Urrrgh, no thanks. Horrible tepid, yucky english crap. You need something with texture, flavour and substance - Rice Cremola's your man, or Semolina if your pushed.

Custard *shakes head* there's a reason that it was always paired with prunes in school cantines - their both taste of shite!

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Knife wrote: Mumbles in the background- "weird ass British naming a cake after a bug"
Bug? What bug?

Image Image
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Rob Wilson wrote:
Admiral Valdemar wrote:
Custard? Urrrgh, no thanks. Horrible tepid, yucky english crap. You need something with texture, flavour and substance - Rice Cremola's your man, or Semolina if your pushed.

Custard *shakes head* there's a reason that it was always paired with prunes in school cantines - their both taste of shite!
Bah, rice pudding would be on it if only I could get them to serve it at the canteen here. :)
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Knife wrote: Mumbles in the background- "weird ass British naming a cake after a bug"
Bug? What bug?
A roly poly, sometimes called a potato bug.

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Admiral Valdemar wrote:

You actually eat rice pudding? :shock:

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:
Bah, rice pudding would be on it if only I could get them to serve it at the canteen here. :)
Proper rice pudding, or that stuff from tins?

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Knife wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
Admiral Valdemar wrote:

Rice Cremola is not rice pudding. And yes I eat rice Pudding, served properly with milk (rather than that over sweetened bilge they serve from cans in most places), with currants in it and a dollop of jam.

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Knife wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
Bug? What bug?
A roly poly, sometimes called a potato bug.
Never heard one called that before. Anyway, Jam roly-poly has been around longer than you've had a country, so technically your naming a bug after a dessert. :P

Image Image
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Chocolate chip cookie dough, but for the cookie dough. I like cookie dough. I actually prefer it over baked cookies.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

you Limeys can keep your custard roly poly....give me hot apple pie ala mode ......yum!
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Rob Wilson wrote:
Knife wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote: Custard? Urrrgh, no thanks. Horrible tepid, yucky english crap. You need something with texture, flavour and substance - Rice Cremola's your man, or Semolina if your pushed.

Rice Cremola is not rice pudding. And yes I eat rice Pudding, served properly with milk (rather than that over sweetened bilge they serve from cans in most places), with currants in it and a dollop of jam.
GAH! You're making me hungry. :(

I'd have all the proper stuff but being at Uni I am now exempt from mother's good cooking.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Admiral Valdemar wrote:
Proper rice pudding, or that stuff from tins?
Mmm, my mom makes the best rice pudding. 'Course, my mom is an excellent cook.