40K fanfic (and why it's late)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

I'll make this quick. I'm postponing the fic until i have enough time to get a good chunk done. I admit i picked a stupid time to start it ( i had coursework by the ton and it's been followed up by exams). Once i've got a good 3-4 chapters done and i'm happy with it i';ll begin posting it. Don't get excited! I can't see this happening in the next month or two.

Feel free to hurl abuse at me for building up hopes.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Glare
Youngling

Post by Glare »

If it's founding chapters you want then you gotta have the Dark Angels in there. Some night wing terminators romping through feddie space are just what the emperor ordered :twisted: That way you can add some of the fallen into it as well :wink:
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!!
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

Very well done I am starting to like this fic.
Brotherhood of the Monkey: Rabid Sith Monkey from hell.
Mad scribbler of the Writer's Guild Headquarters
Grand Inquisitor of ASVS (ret) ASVS Vets Assc.

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

Heh. Maybe an IG trooper who somehow refuses to die and eventually becomes a Comissar? The kind of "give me crap and I'll shove it back up your ass" kind of guy.
Without sounding like a pedantic loser (hey wait a minute) the only way to become a Commissar is to have been raised by the Schola Progenium. Its not a rank you can earn in the Guard...
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

The Commisar role in the story has already gone to Pablo Sanchez. That's when i get round to writing the stroy ...
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

2000AD wrote:The Commisar role in the story has already gone to Pablo Sanchez. That's when i get round to writing the stroy ...
Would you mind adding me into this story?
LT.Hit-Man

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Sure, why not. Just don't go expecting anything soon. Any preferences to what sort of character you want to be?
Hammerman! Hammer!
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

2000AD wrote:Sure, why not. Just don't go expecting anything soon. Any preferences to what sort of character you want to be?
A living cybernetic weapon of doom created by the Emperor and put on ice before the the uprising of Horrus :twisted:

Admiral Griffith
Youngling

Post by Admiral Griffith »

2000AD wrote:I'll make this quick. I'm postponing the fic until i have enough time to get a good chunk done. I admit i picked a stupid time to start it ( i had coursework by the ton and it's been followed up by exams). Once i've got a good 3-4 chapters done and i'm happy with it i';ll begin posting it. Don't get excited! I can't see this happening in the next month or two.

Feel free to hurl abuse at me for building up hopes.
I hope you aren't picking new characters for it. I wanna stay Captain Griffith.
It is not well for one to trifle in the affairs of the ancient Chinese generals, for they have a tendency to send armies of tens of thousands of warriors after those who challenge them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

I'm not changing any existing characters. I'm just filling in spaces i had left over.

Hitman:
can you think of any other characters? "Cyborg killing machine" doesn't exactly fit in to any part of my story at the present time. Unless:

a) Your a marine that dies and gets put in a dreadnaught.
b) your a Titan princeps
c) Sentinel pilot, with custom sentinel. Sentinel company leader?
d) some rock hard guy with loads of bionic parts, ala that mad catachen dude! ("That armours not like Imperial armour. Thats "please don't spit on me or i might fall down" alien armour!") ( "Do you think i cried when i got my arm ripped off! Hell no i just got back up and ripped that dumb grox giants throat out with my teeth! Now get up ya pussy we're only half way up this hill!")
Hammerman! Hammer!
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

[quote="2000AD"]I'm not changing any existing characters. I'm just filling in spaces i had left over.

Hitman:
can you think of any other characters? "Cyborg killing machine" doesn't exactly fit in to any part of my story at the present time. Unless:

d) some rock hard guy with loads of bionic parts, ala that mad catachen dude! ("That armours not like Imperial armour. Thats "please don't spit on me or i might fall down" alien armour!") ( "Do you think i cried when i got my arm ripped off! Hell no i just got back up and ripped that dumb grox giants throat out with my teeth! Now get up ya pussy we're only half way up this hill!")

That one is for me and if you can he has an eye for one of the sisters of battle or make him a bit on the perverted side for fun, nothing like pissing off a Commisar for fun and profit, mostly fun though :)

Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot
Jedi Knight

Post by Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot »

No more chapters in this for a while 2000AD. Not good thing.

BTW, if you need a Guard sergeant, you just found him.

EDIT: Oh, and can I go out in a blaze of glory? Maybe blasting dozens of heretics with twin laspistols then setting off a plasma charge?

And LT, I know who 2000AD thinks you could fit as. Colonel Iron Hand Straken.
Titan Princeps of the Mecha Maniacs: Gloriam Imperator
"StarDestroyer.net: Even our idiots are smarter." - RedImperator
"A Terminator Space Marine. Also known as your worst nightmare." Stormbringer
"Know the ECM. Love the ECM. Cherish the ECM, for it jams thine enemys targeting."- Necronlord
HALOite, Robotech/Macross supporter, 40Ker, and part-time Warsie.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Woah! Talk about a thread bump!

"No more chapters posted in a while"? There isn't even a full chapter up yet! (But i still managed to blag a GSDA nomination :D )

The fic is currently postponed, and it looks like it will stay that way for AT THE VERY LEAST another month or two, till after my final A2 exams are done. After they're done i MAY start again but i'll only have a month or two before i'll be going to university (Fingers crossed).

Also i did see Lt Hitman as being incredibly simular to Iron Hand Straken. The guy who created him must have been to ASVS a couple of times! :D
Hammerman! Hammer!