90%
Borg
10%

Total votes: 39

Tychu
Jedi Master

Yuzzhan Vong vs The Borg

Post by Tychu »

who do you think would win. the Vong have a very good reason to fight, they hate machines and lets face it the Borg are all machine with humanlike bodies.
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Of course the YV wound win. They use KE weapons and their ships stand up to weapons fire from SW ships. They would be able to Vongify all worlds in the Borg Collective in a matter of a few years at the most.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

The Vong will cream the Borg. Imagine it like this. Islamic fundies in place of the Vong, versus the "infidels" instead of the Borg. The fundies have weapons in the gigaton range. The infidels have weapons in the megaton range. The Vong are willing to fight, and they have the tech advantage.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

well you see the unicomplex u se that borg planer near it then imagine the unicomplex on that planet being pulled down by a dovin basal than imagine a huge yv flett coming and bording all cubes no assimalation will work they will just rip the nanostars off they love pain they will kill all infidils
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

:roll:
Evil Jerk
Moderator Emeritus
Location: In the Castle of Pain on the Mountain of Death beyond the River of Fire

Post by Evil Jerk »

Both have things in common, they both have all the tactical ability of a dead ant and when they win, it's because their enemy is even stupider than them.
If it weren't for both of their rigid doctrines, they'd probably be friends :D

Okay, I never miss a chance to insult the Vong dumb dumbs and the Borg dumber dumbs, but staying on topic.. the Vong win.
Evil Horseman, ready to torment the damned!

YOU SHALL BE AS GODS
YOU SHALL BE AS GODS
YOU SHALL BE AS GODS
Am I annoying you yet?
YOU SHALL BE AS GODS
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

antitrek wrote:well you see the unicomplex u se that borg planer near it then imagine the unicomplex on that planet being pulled down by a dovin basal than imagine a huge yv flett coming and bording all cubes no assimalation will work they will just rip the nanostars off they love pain they will kill all infidils
The Vong would win, but not for any reason there. This is essentially a Trekkie argument that has been repackaged in a SW box. It really presents no relevent information other than the assertio that they would win because antitrek said so.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Admiral Drason
Jedi Knight

Post by Admiral Drason »

:roll: please if there creming the NR than the Borg dont have a chance.
A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn
So Say We All
Night Stalkers Don't Quit
HAB member
RIP Pegasus. You died like you lived, killing toasters
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

The Vong are fanatical, and will throw away their lives without hesitation. However, the upper brass of the Vong do have tactical and strategical savvy, which is more than the Borg. Plus, Vong weapons are slightly below NR weapons in power, which is still more than enough to overpower Borg shields.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Secularism—since AD 80
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Lets see, the Vong can hold there own and win against the New Republic, the New Republic can hold its own and win against the Empire, the Empire has the Accumulator and things better then it.

The Accumulator could beat the Borg singly handily..

Vong win with a half dozen cruisers.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Question: How effective would Borg assimilation nanotechnology be against the Vong?
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Robert Walper wrote:Question: How effective would Borg assimilation nanotechnology be against the Vong?
That would seem to depend on how effective an immune system the Vong's biotech has and how quickly nano probes can replicate, and likely some other things I'm forgetting. That of course assumes the nanites will have any effect at all, as we all know the Borg have had trouble with advanced bio tech races in the past..
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

You are saying Vong>NR>Empire>Borg except for a few things this would have some validity.

Empire>NR.
Empire>Vong.
France>NR.

The vong are a joke and the empire would have vaped them on site and they could have easily beat the NR in a straight up fight (except for some reason within 1 year of ROTJ they have lost 24,000 ships somehow (since during the first X wing book its stated that 100 old ships could give effective control of the galaxy to tthe finder yet at this point 100 ships wouldnt be anything to the empire which should be 25,000 ISD's strong - very odd indeed).

You also forget that Vong technol,ogy isnt pure power its tricksetc which is ST stock in trade.

However the Borg may still fall because their tacticle know who is exactly the sort that was used leading upto the NR getting crushed except the Borg dont have politics controling their actions just stupidity.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Indeed. The Second Alliance pulled off the Borleias battle pretty well, especially since politicians weren't looking over their collective shoulder.
Secularism—since AD 80
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Who voted for the Borg and why?

Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

My guess would be Dorkstar MOO.
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Corran Horn
Youngling

Post by Corran Horn »

A word for all u Trekkies

Borg mostly Machines

Vong hate Machines

NO more Borg

NOTHING from star trek is strong :twisted:
Every thing there could be crushed by the empire
OR even the Remainment
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Robert Walper wrote:Question: How effective would Borg assimilation nanotechnology be against the Vong?
Well, first it would have to get them, and given the explanation given in Traitor, IT looks like the tubes can't get throught the armor. Which means the Borg hve to stap them in a place where the armor doesn't cover, which is not likely if a drone is doint it. In addition, according to the NJO SB, the Vong will lop off or cleanse (read as have the flesh burned off) and part of the body that touches technology. So those Probes would have to move fast to another part of the body instead of starting the assimilation right there. Then the probes have to assimilate every organism the Vong has on him. All those implants have to be dealt with seperatly. If the probes are injected into a implanted limb, that is what will be assimilated, not the Vong. Finally the Vong will probably kill him/herself as soon as they realize what is happening if all those factors are overcome.

So I don't see assimilation as being too viable.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est

Post by Guest »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Lets see, the Vong can hold there own and win against the New Republic, the New Republic can hold its own and win against the Empire, the Empire has the Accumulator and things better then it.

The Accumulator could beat the Borg singly handily..

Vong win with a half dozen cruisers.
By this reasoning the Empire should have defeated the Rebel Alliance. Just by having the ability to make Death Stars didn't guarantee the Empire's victory. The same could be said of the Vong and Borg. I'm not criticizing you, Sea Skimmer, but just making the point that just because the Vong can go toe to toe with the NR because of their success against the Empire doesn't automatically mean they would beat the Borg.

I don't know enough about the Vong to say either way though.

Post by Guest »

I remember that there was a Voyager episode in which the Borg had developed an airborne assimilation virus. Does anyone remember that? If you do, do you think that would be effective against the Vong?
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

The Taliban (sorry, I mean Yuuzhan Vong) would declare Jihad against the Borg. They'd also get insanely angry if any warrior gets assimilated.

In short, the Borg would probably get their collective asses handed to them.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF

Post by Guest »

If the Borg assimilated a Vong, would the entire collective self destruct due to the fact that the Vong hate technology? The Vong drone would implant the command to self destruct in the entire collective..... That may sound absurd, but how many times did the Federation pull stunts similar to that against the Borg?
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Commander LeoRo wrote:If the Borg assimilated a Vong, would the entire collective self destruct due to the fact that the Vong hate technology? The Vong drone would implant the command to self destruct in the entire collective..... That may sound absurd, but how many times did the Federation pull stunts similar to that against the Borg?
I don't know if that's even possible. I mean, yes, in VOY: Endgame Admiral Janeway (blech) infected herself with an anti-Borg virus and then let herself get assimilated.

But to be honest, I'd rather just completely ignore Endgame, due to the fact that it created a nice time paradox and thus, logically, the events of that episode should have never taken place.

So, the Vong against TNG-era Borg? It would be a fight worth seeing.
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Crayz9000 wrote:The Taliban (sorry, I mean Yuuzhan Vong) would declare Jihad against the Borg. They'd also get insanely angry if any warrior gets assimilated.

In short, the Borg would probably get their collective asses handed to them.

I think the first books of NJO were published before 9-11
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote: I think the first books of NJO were published before 9-11
Yes, I know that. It was just a passing potshot that I couldn't resist; the Yuuzhan Vong resemble Islam in many ways: intolerance of other's religions (replace religion with technology) fanaticism (Jihad vs... well... you get the idea)...