OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Archaic` wrote:
Dalton wrote:
Darth Utsanomiko wrote:The second series is a TV series, and has some extra part to it's title to distinguish it's newness. The original is just you plain, solid Record of Lodoss War OVA. It's great.

Pirotess is hot. ^_^
Ah yes, the elf chick. Then you had the knight dude and the dwarf with an axe.

I think my sister has it but I don't know...
Not quite. Deedit is the elf who goes along with Parn and the others. Pirotess was the Dark Elf in service to Sir Ashram of Marmo.
Shush. Just keep quiet and ogle. ;)
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Admiral Valdemar wrote:
Dalton wrote:Same characters? As in, the Major in a little girl body?
Character designs aren't as realistic as the film due to budget, but the 3-D effects and music done by the one and only Yoko Kanno are excellent (as always). The opening theme "Inner Universe" is great mix of techno and a Russian opera singer using Latin.
Actually it's another one of Yoko's made up languages with words either invented or taken at random from real world languages to fit in with the rythm. Still sounds brilliant.

And the Budget on this was the highest per episode in Anime history to date, and it shows in the usual little detail effects you expect from the director.
Admiral Valdemar wrote:The plots are all great so far and typical 2029 cyber crime, at the moment there is no real arc going bar one instance with the case of the "Laughing Man" which ran a couple of eps. Out of the 10 episodes so far, I'd say they were all top notch, my only qualm was the changing of the opening credits sequence at episode 4 I think which doesn't look as good (it's all 3-D).
'Laughing Man' runs from ep4 to ep10, that's 6 eps. And your right about the opening credit change, it sucks after a while. Have you noticed that the title screen has a text script of the opening animation teaser of each episode scrolling in the sidebar?
Heh, thought the music was a bit mixed, it had Latin and some stuff I couldn't get in it.

And yes, the little touches are cool, the CGI models of cars that are cel shaded are also well done as are Tachikomas and, well, everything.
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

Darth Yoshi wrote:
Archaic` wrote:It's hard to find a good title that hasn't already been suggested after those three pages, but you might also want to check out Boogiepop Phantom (Licensed) and Jungle wa itsumo hare nochi guu (Fansub only).
What the hell was Boogiepop Phantom about, anyway? I saw the 1st 2 eps, didn't understand what the hell was going on.
Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Didn't see your post.

It's rather difficult to explain what it's about without giving it all away, but I'd say a lot of your confusion may have been because the whole series is non-linear. Episode 1 and 2 occur pretty much at the same time, though episode 2 starts before the start of episode 1 IIRC, but if you go to, say, episode 4, that starts a whole month before "the column of light" incident that's often referenced in the series but not really explained until much later. You'd be doing most of your timekeeping by references to that.
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
Lurker
Redshirt

Post by Lurker »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Kanon as nobody else has. And have just watched the first episode of Rahxephon, looking ineresting.
"And then I says, tell me I'm wrong! And she says, I can't baby, 'cause you're not!"
--The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Sorry about bumping the thread, but it seemed like a good place to ask my question.

Media Play recently got the DVD of Slayers: The Motion Picture.

Who's seen this? It is any good? (no spoilers, please)
JADAFETWA
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

IG-88E wrote:Sorry about bumping the thread, but it seemed like a good place to ask my question.

Media Play recently got the DVD of Slayers: The Motion Picture.

Who's seen this? It is any good? (no spoilers, please)
It's pretty funny... :) Especially the jabs between Lina and Naga, the Serpent Queen... :)
My FLICKR page! :D
Remember, people, commas are your friends. Love them, embrace them, cherish them, and for crying out loud, USE them.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

generator_g1 wrote: It's pretty funny...
Think it's worth ~$25?
JADAFETWA
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

IG-88E wrote:
generator_g1 wrote: It's pretty funny...
Think it's worth ~$25?
Dunno about the $25 price, I got mine as a fansubbed bootleg. The jabs where pretty much about the size of their chest comparisons.. :)
Remember, people, commas are your friends. Love them, embrace them, cherish them, and for crying out loud, USE them.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Instead of starting a whole new thread, I've decided to revive this one. First, I want to announce that,

I FINISHED COWBOY BEBOP!!! WHAT A BLAST!!!

Yep, one of my best anime experiences. :D And it was pretty sad that it had to end with a pretty final bang.

I'm now moving into FLCL. What a mindtrip :P
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

Shinova wrote:Instead of starting a whole new thread, I've decided to revive this one. First, I want to announce that,

Yep, one of my best anime experiences. :D And it was pretty sad that it had to end with a pretty final bang.

You did see the movie too, right? :)
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

generator_g1 wrote:
Shinova wrote:Instead of starting a whole new thread, I've decided to revive this one. First, I want to announce that,

You did see the movie too, right? :)
Nope. But I did watch the whole series, and that still counts for something. :P
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

Some friends recommended Furi Kuri, but it didn't look that good to me...

Trying to get Saikano now, and downloading Naruto as they come out with new eps...

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
Starscream

Post by Starscream »

Neon Genesis is cool, as long as you don't watch the last episode and movie.

Transformers: the Movie is the best ever though.
Shenlong_Mizuno
Redshirt

Post by Shenlong_Mizuno »

If you are still looking for recommendations..

Commercially Released:
GTO
Ai Yori Aoshi
Fruits Basket
Geneshaft
Crest/Banner of the Stars
Neia_7
Full Metla Panic

Fansubs:
Naruto - Highly recommended
Azumanga Daioh
Gundam Seed