Would GL and Roddenberry Hate me?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

IG-88E wrote:
Singular Quartet wrote:In response to the title of the thread, they won't, but we will unless you churn out a chapter soon.
You make the guy sound like an assembly line.
Look who's talking. You had him chained to a chair. :P
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

IG-88E wrote:
Singular Quartet wrote:In response to the title of the thread, they won't, but we will unless you churn out a chapter soon.
You make the guy sound like an assembly line.
Aya wrote:Look who's talking. You had him chained to a chair. :P
Also, I'm not the one writing a fic telling him he should keep writing.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Re: Would GL and Roddenberry Hate me?

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Death from the Sea wrote:
Mark S wrote:Wasn't Lucas even impressed by the re-edit of TPM that someone did? Has anyone seen that by the way?
I have never heard of that, is it on the web? if so please provide a link or the website or something :)
I remember reading something about an edit sans Jar Jar.

Stravo, don't flatter yourself. :P Seriously though, there's not much of a case they could bring against you, since you aren't making money off this.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Crazy_Vasey
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crazy_Vasey »

Lucas wouldn't care. If he cared about people writing fanfic then LFL wouldn't be quite as friendly with TFN. Actually I have this vague memory of there being an interview with a fanfic author in a Star Wars magazine a few years back when they did fan site hosting on StarWars.com. I think it was one of The Penitent's authors.

B&B I have no idea about.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

This is why I have mainly given up on fanfic because any literary project I work on now may become the seed for a greater story that I may or may not publish if it ever gets anygood. As good as a fanfic may be, it isn't your idea really and you can't publish it for cash (not that cash is everything, but it pays off the hard work and bills unlike praise ;)) unless you get a deal with the original author.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Stravo's head is swelling, unfortuantely he has every right too. Just don't let it explode or I won't get my dose of StarCrossed.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:This is why I have mainly given up on fanfic because any literary project I work on now may become the seed for a greater story that I may or may not publish if it ever gets anygood. As good as a fanfic may be, it isn't your idea really and you can't publish it for cash (not that cash is everything, but it pays off the hard work and bills unlike praise ;)) unless you get a deal with the original author.
I get the same feeling too every now and than. I think that I should be focusing on something that I can actually sell. But than, I think of fanfics as practice and that's always good too. A writer writes as they say.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Re: Would GL and Roddenberry Hate me?

Post by phongn »

Mark S wrote:It was known as "The Phantom Edit". Apparently it made the move quite a bit better. I tried to look for it on the web a while ago but didn't get anywhere. Once people started selling it and Lucas cracked down it all but disappeared. It would be interesting to see someday but I have no illusions that I ever will.
AFAIK, the guy who did it shows it where he works, but it doesn't go any further than that.