Who here owns a cat?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Who here owns a cat?

Post by Gandalf »

Just something I was wondering, as seen in the "Who Should Be God" thread, seemingly everyone had a dog, now I ask, who here is Cat people?

I personally have 2, Saffy and Spot.

You?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

I can't have a cat as my roomates already two...

So I just adopt theirs. :P
Last edited by EmperorMing on 2003-05-13 11:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

I do not own a cat anymore, my two cats passed away in the mid-late 90's.

Schwartz and Casper. Schwartz was all black and loved to sit in everybody's lap, even strangers. Casper was all white and a bit neurotic.

For a long time I did not want to replace my cats, now I might be interested but not in a condo. I will wait till I own a single family home.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

I used to have a cat, but she was old and had to be put down last year before thanksgiving. :(
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
BrYaN19kc
Jedi Knight

Post by BrYaN19kc »

No livestock in the house! 8)
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Who here owns a cat?
:wtf:

Don't know much about cats, do you?
「かかっ―」
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

Friend has 3... All black. One is very secretive, almost never comes inside the house. Another is fairly friendly, will sit on your lap and not let you get up. Seemed to have taken a liking to me :P

Last one is suffering from leukemia, but is very friendly. Not much energy left, very skinny, but still friendly.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

XaLEv wrote:
Who here owns a cat?
:wtf:

Don't know much about cats, do you?

LOL

As always, very observant of you, XaLEv.

To answer the question, I live with two cats, both Siamese. The boy, Artie, is a Seal Point, and the chickie, Gwen, is a Blue Point. (In case you don't know about points, it just defines the colouring on Siamese and Himalayan kitties).
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

My cat, thoughtfully dubbed "Kitty", and my sister's, named "Elouise".
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I had one, but it died and since my parents separated I've been in an apartment, which only allows caged animals.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Zaia wrote:LOL

As always, very observant of you, XaLEv.
:D

Anyway, I too serve a feline mistress. She is called Ka, Kazi and Zi.

EDIT: And I sometimes call her Nekohime-sama.
Last edited by XaLEv on 2003-05-14 02:26am, edited 1 time in total.
「かかっ―」
Sokar
Jedi Master

Post by Sokar »

I too have a feline 'owner' , his name is Argo, an all black American shorthair. Very friendly, but a bit pissed off at me as we just recently had him neutered. :wink:
BotM
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I had a difuse Calico who died last year, not even six years old yet. It was devistating. So we got a new one not a week later and we have had her for almost a year now. She is the light of my day. One of the best people cats I have ever seen. She wants to sleep in your lap, but she is also independent and a mighty hunter who catches half a dozen mice per week.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

I have a black/gray cat named abby. I call her empress, cuz she acts like it.

she likes to stalk hummingbirds.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

I have a cat. He sleeps with me regularly. (no, not that way you disgusting perverts) He demands attention constantly. Definitely settling down into a lap kitty.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I have two, both bluepoint Siamese (they're half brothers, actually--same father, different mothers). Stonewall is fat and sorta stupid, and skittish as hell. Bob is runty, runs all over the house for no reason whatsoever, and is scary-smart. Once, we had a big plastic tub of cat litter which he decided to "Christen". That he got the lid off isn't that remarkable--most cats can figure out how to do that. The remarkable thing was, somehow, he got the lid back on, leaving my mom to find a sealed bucket of cat litter with a turd inside the next morning. He's always got a look on his face like he's not sure if he wants to lick his asshole or do math problems. He always ends up doing the former, because, well, he's a cat, but if I ever caught him with a calculator and a trigonometry textbook, I wouldn't be surprised.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Boba Fett
Jedi Master

Post by Boba Fett »

I'm owned by a feline named Fritz.

He's a big, striped light grey/dark grey hunter. Similar to the one in the Whiskas adverts.
Visit Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Member of BotM and HAB
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Re: Who here owns a cat?

Post by His Divine Shadow »

I have three cats
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
mantakai
Padawan Learner

Post by mantakai »

i have always had a cat, but the current one lives outdoors so i cant cuddle up to it :( it pissed my dad off quite some time agao and hasnt been allowed in since
"normal is not something to apire to, its something to get away from"
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

3 cats. 1 male, 2 female. The male's 13 years old and hyperthyroidic (so he's on meds now) the two females are only a little over a year old and have definitely figured out what triggers the 'awww cute' response and bends our puny human minds to their will :D
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

No non-human animals in the house (at least that we invited)
But we're trying to steal our neighbour's cat, but she's shy.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
His Divine Shadow

innerbrat wrote:No non-human animals in the house (at least that we invited)
But we're trying to steal our neighbour's cat, but she's shy.
We did that once, kinda, our neighbor got another dog, a crazy dog, their cat couldn't take it, so one time I found her, she looked thin and famished, she probably hadn't dared go home again for a month or so, so I got her something to eat at our house and from then she started sitting outside the window from time to time, wanting to get inside and after a while, it was our cat, she lived with us for many years after that, I think she became 10 or so, then we had to put her down due to a nasty infection.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

His Divine Shadow

So, you're in da zone?

EDIT:
Oh and since we're posting pics, here's all our cats, ofcourse the two kittens have grown up by now, they're around 4, their mother is maybe 8-9
http://www.hisdivineshadow.com/misc/ima ... pyret1.jpg
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

i'm allergic, but thanks to the wonders of Zyrtec (ta-da!) my fiancee's cat really doesn't bother me that much anymore. i can tease her and pet her (the cat, not my fiancee :mrgreen:) Bella is an outdoor cat though. always hunting mice and chipmunks. ewwwww
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy