Who here owns a cat?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

*raises hand*
I have one. A 12 year old persian fur ball called Amadeus.

At my mum's we also have 3 more cats, a dog, 5 ducks and 4 chickens :D
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

My current cat is Titchy #4. The 1st Titch died of feline leukemia, the 2nd & 3rd disappear around the time of the Royal Show(big event in my city held every year) which is suspected they were skinned for their fur.

The current Titch, started life as a stray and had problems trusting stangers. Now day she has mellowed, but still sint very trusting with complete stangers. With me she is completely trusting and takes to following me around the house (sits on the second chair in the computer room, jumps onto my bed in my room, even follows me into the living room some times)

Definatly an indoors cat. I've seen birds land just in front of her and she didnt move an inch. And she sure as hell doesnt hunt mice.

A pic of my cat:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~knight4/cat.jpg
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

His Divine Shadow wrote:
innerbrat wrote:No non-human animals in the house (at least that we invited)
But we're trying to steal our neighbour's cat, but she's shy.
We did that once, kinda, our neighbor got another dog, a crazy dog, their cat couldn't take it, so one time I found her, she looked thin and famished, she probably hadn't dared go home again for a month or so, so I got her something to eat at our house and from then she started sitting outside the window from time to time, wanting to get inside and after a while, it was our cat, she lived with us for many years after that, I think she became 10 or so, then we had to put her down due to a nasty infection.
It happened to one of my friends - his cat spent less and less time at home, and one day it turned up with a new collar. Then the nieghbours emigrated and took it.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Still have one.

Luna...who's gained at leat a couple pounds, and is lazy as all.

Wouldn't have it anyother way, excpt she wakes me up at 6AM to be fed.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Nope, no cats. Don't know how the dog would handle one. ;) Plus, I'm allergic to cat dander. However, a friend of mine has 3. The oldest, an orange tabby, is 21 or 22, somewhere around there. Gent's only problem is his arthritis in his hind quarters. The lone female, Mrs. B, looks just like the cat from Austin Powers, white and fuzzy. The baby, Quackers... I'm not sure what he is, but he's beautiful. His tail is as long as his body! He's fluffy and his coat is an orangish brown color. His name comes from the way he mewled as a kitten. Jason thought it sounded like he was quacking like a duck, henceforth the name Quackers.
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

My dad's allergic, so we never had a cat. Had a couple of Keeshonden, though.
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
Zoink
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zoink »

I have no cats, but my sister has two. When they are visiting I call them "Number One" and "Number Two", as in Cat#1 and Cat#2, or if I'm talking to a particular cat just "Cat" (I'm the kind of person that has conversations with pets...).

This usually bugs my sister to no end. If I want to bug her further, I pick the cat up and pretend to speak for them with a bad austalian accent "eh! I want some food over here!"... to which she replies: "They're not Australian!"
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Two cats, sisters of the same litter.

Star (whom Nitram calls StarKitty). A gray striped tabby with an orange star on her forehead above the M. Skinny as a rail, skittish around everyone but Nitram, who can even pick her up and carry her about the house.

Tev, a black tortoiseshell with an orange star on her forehead. Getting stout cause she loves to eat, but not overweight. Very pushy about getting petted.. if you're sitting or lying down she comes running, hopping up to be petted.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

We use to have cats but they barely made it beyond their first year,they were all killed by idiot drivers. :(
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

RedImperator wrote:I have two, both bluepoint Siamese (they're half brothers, actually--same father, different mothers).

Yay, you have Siamese too!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

I have no animals, currently, but I love cats more than any other animal (as pets, anyhow).
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

My parents once had a male cat called Emma, (no, I am not the child of a homosexual couple) but that was before I was born.

Today, I never have lived in the same house as a cat, but I do very often see a lot of cats.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:My parents once had a male cat called Emma, (no, I am not the child of a homosexual couple) but that was before I was born.
My neighbours have a dog named "Boy." It's a girl.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

My cat seems to get along with my dogs. He's a pixiebob and a freak at that. Seems he is an Xcat because he has six toes on both of his front paws. One is small enough to push the last on out so it looks like he has thumbs. We expect to come home one day and see him on the couch witht he remote in one paw and a coffee cup in the other.

I OWN my cat and have him 'pussywipped' (if you will excuse the pun). My wife babys him, but I treat him no different than the dogs.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Zaia wrote:
Simon H.Johansen wrote:My parents once had a male cat called Emma, (no, I am not the child of a homosexual couple) but that was before I was born.
My neighbours have a dog named "Boy." It's a girl.
Wow, and I trhought my cat had a weird name.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Not allowed any animals that don't have cages or aqueriums...

Welcome to yosemite, then again I am surrounded by "Dogs"(Coyotes) and "Cats"(Pumas & bobcats) plus rodents (Mice, rats & Squirrels), raptors, Bears, and everything else.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

LadyTevar wrote:Two cats, sisters of the same litter.

Star (whom Nitram calls StarKitty). A gray striped tabby with an orange star on her forehead above the M. Skinny as a rail, skittish around everyone but Nitram, who can even pick her up and carry her about the house.
And who has begun to nibble on my arm when I'm cuddling her. I can't tell if it's affection or not.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

SirNitram wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:Two cats, sisters of the same litter.

And who has begun to nibble on my arm when I'm cuddling her. I can't tell if it's affection or not.
I've told you before, love... it's her trying to suckle on you. They were not yet weaned when I got them from the vet's office, so they still have that trait when they're totally content and happy.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Three cats that we keep sort of half in the house and half-out; we've got an enclosed atrium that they stay in.

One is a tricolor ragdoll that loves attention. He's always running up to us and demanding attention, then rolling all over the floor... and when picked up he goes limp so I think it's safe to say that he's a ragdoll.

The other two are partly Siamese. One is black with a white boots fur pattern, and the other is gray with the same pattern. He honestly looks like Tom from Tom & Jerry, right down to the attitude...
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

We have two cats here. A fluffy, peach coloured male named O'Malley and a tabby female named Isabell. They're both big. People always seem to say they're the biggest cats they've seen. They both come to their names, talk back, run to you at the snap of a finger and we taught O'Malley to fetch (if you can believe that). Isabell seems to have a kitty eating disorder though. If anyone goes even remotely near the kitchen she has to rush to her dish and eat. It's as if she thinks we're going to steal her food.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Both my mom & stepmom own "Teen Mother" cats (cats who got pregnant and nearly died when they were still in their first year of life). "Pesto" is a Yellow and black "Tiger cat" (Yeah, the Yellow looks green when she's dirty, thus the name, not to mention she's crazy for Basil). "Bit" is a black and white calico (Cow cat), also called "Little Bit", "Byte" and "Gateway" She is always found chilling at windows or enjoying that enourmous patch of Mint that my dad has in the garden.... "First you get the Mint, then you get the toys, then you get the money."

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Two Cat's, Mary and Rug Monster. Rug Monster used to be "Rug" until he grew to monstersize.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

I have 6 1/2 cats. The 1/2 is a stray thats living in my garage. Its friendly to my mom, but wont let me approach it.
ben
Youngling

Post by ben »

I've got two from the same litter. They're about 3 years-old. The first is Mr. Yellow an orange tabby. And the Little baby of the family is Ms. Black (no not that sebacean) a tortoise, named by error because of her very dark coat.
God Emperor
Jedi Knight

Post by God Emperor »

I have a cat, very solitary and not to friendly.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.