I am to young to drink
10%

Total votes: 21

Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Red or White what is your poison?

Post by Faram »

A question about Vine

Personally I prefer Red because it has more taste and generally don’t taste yeast like White vine usually do.

Vine and a piece of brie…

Yea life is good :D
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

That third option needs to go. No one is ever too young to drink. Look at Europe. They're fine. Look at pretty much the rest of the world. Perfectly healthy.

That being said, I like the weight of red wine. It's much more lourde than white, much more romantic, much more intimate. I don't know why, but it is.

Though a good Kendal Jackson Chardonnay goes a loooooong way...
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

I'm no wine connoisseur like my father, but red always beats white as far as I'm concerned.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

dont like either.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Depends upon the meat for me...have tasted both and liked them depending upon the meal.

Straight drinking I prefer cognac or grand marnier.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Much to my father's dismay I dislike wine in general. Ive never developed the taste for it.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

TrailerParkJawa wrote:Much to my father's dismay I dislike wine in general. Ive never developed the taste for it.
Same here, but if I had to drink it then red it is.
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Re: Red or White what is your poison?

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Faram wrote:A question about Vine

Personally I prefer Red because it has more taste and generally don’t taste yeast like White vine usually do.

Vine and a piece of brie…

Yea life is good :D
I prefer a semi-dry sort of rose or white wine myself. Though there are some good reds out there.

That reminds me: Who likes their wine dry, semi-dry, or sweet?
Zoink
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zoink »

My wine fridge is full of red wine, my own preference. But I also have a bunch of German Riesling wine (because I use lots of white wine for cooking) and about six bottles icewine from Niagara (one of which is red). I just got two bottles of sparkling icewine which I am eager to try.
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Y'know what, if it's froma fermented grape, I'll drink it.
Not sherry though. I'm not an old lady yet.

But red if I have the choice.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

I love all, but i drink mostly red. mmmmmmm Merlot! 8)
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Just because I absolutely *HAD* to say this:

I don't drink . . . Wine.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Faram

Post by Faram »

Queeb Salaron wrote:That third option needs to go. No one is ever too young to drink. Look at Europe. They're fine. Look at pretty much the rest of the world. Perfectly healthy.
That's not really so.

Up here in the Arctic part of the European Empire we have some really strange age limits.

To but alcohol in a bar restaurant or something like that you need to be 18.

To go to "Systembolaget" and get some beer or wahatever to bring home the age limit is 20.

It do have some posetive effects, they carded me there today and I am 33...

My ego got a HUGE boost
Last edited by Faram on 2003-05-15 02:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

innerbrat wrote:Y'know what, if it's froma fermented grape, I'll drink it.
You're either exaggerating or your tastebuds are stone cold dead.I've run into wines that aren't fit to drown someone in.
Not sherry though. I'm not an old lady yet.

But red if I have the choice.
Neither am I, and I don't expect to ever be one, either, so no sherry for me, too.

Actually, a good beer if I have a choice :P
I prefer rose or a white wine. Sweet, or semi-dry. I can barely stand dry wines.

I'm not much of a wine connoisseur, much to Alfred's dismay.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Batman wrote:
You're either exaggerating or your tastebuds are stone cold dead.I've run into wines that aren't fit to drown someone in.
Nope. Sometimes it helps if I've had a few tequilas before hand (at Rob's birthday I ended up drinking what in the morning I discovered to be vinegar)
I HAD to, I was DRUNK!
Bah. makes me bloated and smelly.
Really, given a choice, a cocktail made with a premium spirit (like one of Rob's Margaritas)

Lady T - cool. But no apostrophe.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

innerbrat wrote:
GAAAHHHH! My screwup.

Seriously, however, I do not drink wine or beer. I only drink socially, not with my dinner, and I can't stand the taste of beer. So, when I drink, it's mixed drinks or hard cider, sometimes Bacardi Silver or wine coolers.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Actually I'm a beer-guy, but if it has to be wine then red.
Supermod
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

innerbrat wrote:
Batman wrote:
Nope. Sometimes it helps if I've had a few tequilas before hand (at Rob's birthday I ended up drinking what in the morning I discovered to be vinegar)
I HAD to, I was DRUNK!
Okay, you're excused. I always assume those threads are about stuff we willingly and knowingly consume.
Bah. makes me bloated and smelly.
Good. More beer for me.
Really, given a choice, a cocktail made with a premium spirit (like one of Rob's Margaritas)
While I personally despise Margaritas, a good cocktail is always a treat.

*Shudders* Vinegar. I hope I never drank anything like that...

EDITed Freudian typo
Last edited by Batman on 2003-05-15 03:42pm, edited 1 time in total.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

LadyTevar wrote:
innerbrat wrote:
GAAAHHHH! My screwup.

Seriously, however, I do not drink wine or beer. I only drink socially, not with my dinner, and I can't stand the taste of beer. So, when I drink, it's mixed drinks or hard cider, sometimes Bacardi Silver or wine coolers.
Ewww... alcopops. Do yourself a favour and have a real spirit with a fresh mixer.

(I've just realsied I screwed up, as well: - it's never, not don't or do not - it's my startup .wav as well)

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

LadyTevar wrote: Seriously, however, I do not drink wine or beer. I only drink socially, not with my dinner, and I can't stand the taste of beer.
And more beer for Cpt. Frank, too.
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

For meals i like red wine to go with meat, but for just straight up drinking, i like white wine... so thats what i picked.
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Batman wrote:*Shudders* Vinegar. I hope I never drunk anything like that...
In defense of the drunken blonde chick, it was in a Jacob's Creek bottle and had been Chardonnay when I opened it two weeks before.

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Oh right, this was originally a poll.Oops :oops:

As there is no 'rose' nor a 'not a wine drinker' option I abstain.
Faram

Post by Faram »

Batman wrote:As there is no 'rose' nor a 'not a wine drinker' option I abstain.
Rose is an evil American invention.
Burn the heretic!

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

innerbrat wrote:
Batman wrote:*Shudders* Vinegar. I hope I never drank anything like that...
In defense of the drunken blonde chick, it was in a Jacob's Creek bottle and had been Chardonnay when I opened it two weeks before.
*mental note-innerbrat is a blonde*

No need to defend yourself. Notice how I wrote I hope I never drank something like that :wink:

EDITed freudian typo in quote
Last edited by Batman on 2003-05-15 03:43pm, edited 1 time in total.