Heaviest songs

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

innerbrat wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:I'm a triva monster, he described the Bass heavy, (Guitar and drums) style of music back in the 1960s and with some help from friends of David Bowie managed to get the first heavy metal concernt together in New York.
(This was just before Alice Cooper went from Glam to metal)
*ignores growling pretending to be singing*

Alice is Hard Rock, sweetie. He never claims to be metal (at what album do you claim him as metal?)

I'll alway list Tony Iommi as the inventor of Heavy Metal. After all, it is his music after which the term was coined.
I actually am under the strong impression that whether or not they considded themselves to be it, Led Zepplin was actually pretty much one of the first heavy metal bands. Given, they may fall under the rock category, many parts of their music seem to fall under heavy metal.
Music can name the un-nameable and communicate with the unknowable.
-Leonard Bernstein
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Faram wrote:Oh and BTW

Ozzy Rules but I just like 666 better :D
That's opinion, but when you delineate Ozzy from Sabbath (Ozzy-era) Sabbath is heavier than 'Maiden.

And Sabbath came befroe Punk was invented.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

innerbrat wrote:That's opinion, but when you delineate Ozzy from Sabbath (Ozzy-era) Sabbath is heavier than 'Maiden.

Yea but this is WAY more heavy and older buy far.

Chopin - Funeral March

Try to beat that ;)
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Saurencaerthai wrote:
innerbrat wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:I'm a triva monster, he described the Bass heavy, (Guitar and drums) style of music back in the 1960s and with some help from friends of David Bowie managed to get the first heavy metal concernt together in New York.
(This was just before Alice Cooper went from Glam to metal)
*ignores growling pretending to be singing*

Alice is Hard Rock, sweetie. He never claims to be metal (at what album do you claim him as metal?)

I'll alway list Tony Iommi as the inventor of Heavy Metal. After all, it is his music after which the term was coined.
I actually am under the strong impression that whether or not they considded themselves to be it, Led Zepplin was actually pretty much one of the first heavy metal bands. Given, they may fall under the rock category, many parts of their music seem to fall under heavy metal.
I'd agree with that. Thanks for all the obscure info...i still think it's secondary to my system of "grr grr, smah nice bit metal" = thrash, "grrrgrrrpukesmash smashgrunk" = death metal "yahyahyahgruuuughrgh" - black metal...etc etc
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

Cradle of Filth - Born in a Burial Gown.

Listen to that song, and start to weep and beg for your soul.

Beyond that, I'm a fan of Mushroomhead and MuDvAyNe.

Yeah yeah yeah... numetal sucks, I know. But we're talking heavy shit.

Other than that, for a good crunch, Burn the Christians by Lucifer is always a good tune.

And, of course, Angel of Death. And if you don't know who wrote it, you should burn in hell with Mortiis. Go here if you don't know Mortiis.
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Faram wrote:Chopin - Funeral March

Try to beat that ;)
*Salutes*
You are a dude, y'know.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Queeb Salaron wrote:Cradle of Filth - Born in a Burial Gown.
she was found...
Beyond that, I'm a fan of Mushroomhead and MuDvAyNe.
meh they're ok. Mudvayne baselines are funky as hell.
Yeah yeah yeah... numetal sucks, I know. But we're talking heavy shit.

Other than that, for a good crunch, Burn the Christians by Lucifer is always a good tune.
:lol:
And, of course, Angel of Death. And if you don't know who wrote it, you should burn in hell with Mortiis. Go here if you don't know Mortiis.
You had better be talking about slayer or i'll slap the black out of you, son.
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Faram wrote:
innerbrat wrote:That's opinion, but when you delineate Ozzy from Sabbath (Ozzy-era) Sabbath is heavier than 'Maiden.

Yea but this is WAY more heavy and older buy far.

Chopin - Funeral March

Try to beat that ;)
1812 Taichoski (Well it is HEAVIER....)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

As to my previous statement has anyone Besides AC/DC (Cannons in those about to Rock) and The Who (Keith Moon used contact explosives on parts of his drums) used cannons/explosives as part of the concert/recording process?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Doesn't bach just beat all classical ass for heavieness bar possibly beethoven?
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Wagner - The song from the omen...ride of the valkyries...and some others that escape me for the moment.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Black Sabbath - "Iron Man" is a classic, I think it's heavier and more evil sounding than "Paranoid", but I think the heaviest song on that album would be "Electric Funeral".

Slayer gets my nod for the most aggressive evil music I've heard so far. Take a listen to "Postmortem", "Raining Blood", "Necrophobic", & "Jesus Saves" and you'll feel like running around and beating the shit out of people.
Then go to "South of Heaven" & "Seasons in the Abyss" for heavy evil tunes. And if you ever see Slayer live, stay the hell away from the mosh pit unless you want to get ruined, the people in there are fucking psycho.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

innerbrat wrote:
Faram wrote:Oh and BTW

Ozzy Rules but I just like 666 better :D
That's opinion, but when you delineate Ozzy from Sabbath (Ozzy-era) Sabbath is heavier than 'Maiden.

I firmly take the stance that punk (the style) happened before punk broke. How so? If you look at the MC5, it's very much punk in style (Simple chords, fast, wild) , yet came before punk broke.
-Leonard Bernstein
Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

aerius wrote:And if you ever see Slayer live, stay the hell away from the mosh pit unless you want to get ruined, the people in there are fucking psycho.
Quite right! What's funny is that Slayer is a fairly down-to-earth bunch of guys. I saw them on the Clash of the Titans tour (with Anthrax, Megadeth, and many others) and they were hilarious. After a few songs, the singer (who's name I forget) came to the mic with his hands casually behind his back. He spoke quite deliberately, but softly.

"Thank you, thank you very much. I trust you are all having a pleasant evening? We appreciate the support of you, our loyal fans. I hope everyone has a good time tonight, but please be careful. This next song is called...[switching to a scream]...Angel of Death!!!" :lol:
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

I'd agree with that. Thanks for all the obscure info...i still think it's secondary to my system of "grr grr, smah nice bit metal" = thrash, "grrrgrrrpukesmash smashgrunk" = death metal "yahyahyahgruuuughrgh" - black metal...etc etc
ROTFL!!! That's beautiful!
You're forgetting one, though:

"By my sword, I shall kill the dragon with power!!!! <castrated note>AAAAAAAAAHHH</castrated note>= Power Metal
-Leonard Bernstein
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

Rye wrote:Doesn't bach just beat all classical ass for heavieness bar possibly beethoven?
Ummm, Bach would be Baroque, not classical. Any guy who creates the modern system of tempering for instruments deserves a big one. The funny thing was that he was actually the second choice for many of the jobs he held, including the ones for royalty! Basically, he didn't move foreward with the conventions of the time, basically using counterpoint in a time where that was no longer the fashion.
-Leonard Bernstein
Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

Saurencaerthai wrote:I firmly take the stance that punk (the style) happened before punk broke. How so? If you look at the MC5, it's very much punk in style (Simple chords, fast, wild) , yet came before punk broke.
KICK OUT THE JAMS!!

I would venture that Malcom McClaren really helped make punk music popular when he managed the Sex Pistols. He's a wanker, and the Pistols are often over-hyped, but he really helped get punk out of the garages and squats and clubs and into the mainstream conciousness.
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Saurencaerthai wrote:
ROTFL!!! That's beautiful!
You're forgetting one, though:

"By my sword, I shall kill the dragon with power!!!! <castrated note>AAAAAAAAAHHH</castrated note>= Power Metal
Oh mercy no! I can't stand power metal beyond pantera's cowboys from hell. The sound of the guys testicles being condensed brings tears to my eyes. If a guy is singing, it sohuld be at the highest burton c bell melody style (of which nu metal copied afterwards, you can hear it from jonathan davis up to corey taylor), alternatively if they do rap metal, they had better be called biohazard, or do something else in my book.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Saurencaerthai wrote:
innerbrat wrote:burn in Hell you nu-metal heretics.
Morbid Angel is Nu-metal? Nile is Nu-Metal? Meshuggah is Nu-metal? Darkane is Nu-metal?
My dear, methinks you have either NEVER have listened to a note of music from any of the groups I mentioned, or you have your catagories GROSSLY confused.

Morbid Angel is Death metal. Nile is mythical death metal. Messhugah UBER-complicated Death metal. Darkane is Black/thrash. Vader is Death metal. Lockup is a borderline-death blackmetal band.
I would gladly excuse your ignorance if it weren't for the heinous act of
CALLING MAYHEM NU-METAL. THIS IS A HERETICAL ACTION, M'Dear.
Mayhem is black metal at it's beginnings. Way before Korn. Way before Limp Bizkit. Way before the term "nu-metal" originated. These guys are some of the more influential guys to many people on the black metal scene.
Sauren? It's NU-METAL. Death Metal, BlackThrash, hell Anything that has to be described as anything other than "Heavy Metal" is Nu-Metal.

True Metal seems to have died in the 90's.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

LadyTevar wrote:
Saurencaerthai wrote:
Morbid Angel is Nu-metal? Nile is Nu-Metal? Meshuggah is Nu-metal? Darkane is Nu-metal?
My dear, methinks you have either NEVER have listened to a note of music from any of the groups I mentioned, or you have your catagories GROSSLY confused.

Morbid Angel is Death metal. Nile is mythical death metal. Messhugah UBER-complicated Death metal. Darkane is Black/thrash. Vader is Death metal. Lockup is a borderline-death blackmetal band.
Mayhem is black metal at it's beginnings. Way before Korn. Way before Limp Bizkit. Way before the term "nu-metal" originated. These guys are some of the more influential guys to many people on the black metal scene.
Sauren? It's NU-METAL. Death Metal, BlackThrash, hell Anything that has to be described as anything other than "Heavy Metal" is Nu-Metal.

True Metal seems to have died in the 90's.
Bah, same old nerdy metaller doomish outlook. Take killswitch engage. New metal, not Nu metal.
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

LadyTevar wrote:
Saurencaerthai wrote:

Incorrect. Nu-metal is used to describe the wave of ill-construed music which includes groups such as Korn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, and (to many) Soulfly. This is often the attempts at fusing rap and hiphop with metal. THAT is Nu metal.
True Metal seems to have died in the 90's
LMAO!!! Perhaps if by died, you mean isn't played on your favorite radio station. Please, unless I have somehow missinterpereted you, explain exactly HOW true metal is dead. In fact, explain to me how the HELL heavy metal suddenly became the only "true metal".
-Leonard Bernstein
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

[quote="Saurencaerthai]
Incorrect. Nu-metal is used to describe the wave of ill-construed music which includes groups such as Korn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, and (to many) Soulfly. This is often the attempts at fusing rap and hiphop with metal. THAT is Nu metal.
True Metal seems to have died in the 90's
LMAO!!! Perhaps if by died, you mean isn't played on your favorite radio station. Please, unless I have somehow missinterpereted you, explain exactly HOW true metal is dead.[/quote]

Nu metal wasn't that bad till the record companies made a mint from it. I remember back in the day, when q2 came out and i finally found a music i could listen to that wasn't prodigy. From q2 soundtrack to korn, to slipknot...to first 2 limp bizkit 1st 2 albums, to soulfly to sepultura, to pantera, slayer etc etc etc.

no linkin park when i were a lad. But maybe kids'll go onto the harder stuff after that, as i did.

Plus: i still like korn, some limp songs, and q2 music, and prodigy!

and soulfly rock, 3 could be seps in disguise, better by far than the latest sepultura offering.
GonK
Youngling

Post by GonK »

what no Rage Against the Machine???
Killing in the name of certainly deserves a mention.

/has a look through cd collection

Other honourable mentions

Ace of Spades - Motorhead
Ever tried to drive sensibly while listening to this? It just ain't possible.

Enter Sandman - Metallica
Say what you like about the bands stance against napster it's still one of the best heavy metal track's out there.

Back in Black - AC/DC
Bacause I like it.

Have A Cigar - Foo Fighters version
Pink Floyd as heavy metal? Believe it.

Kashmir - Led Zepplin
No further comment needed.
"That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, including the topless blond out at the swimming pool this morning. But, like the topless blond, some stupid things are fun to stare at." Raoul Duke, Jr.
<---And if you EVER see that face wandering roung Edinburgh with a bottle of Jack Daniels then I advise you to run. Or you could come over and buy me more Jack Daniels.
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

Rye wrote:
Queeb Salaron wrote:And, of course, Angel of Death. And if you don't know who wrote it, you should burn in hell with Mortiis. Go here if you don't know Mortiis.
You had better be talking about slayer or i'll slap the black out of you, son.
No, I was talking about Sheryl Crow. :roll: OF COURSE I was talking about Slayer!

And by the by, if we're talking about REAL metal, SEVENDUST IS WAY UNDERRATED!!
Last edited by Queeb Salaron on 2003-05-16 09:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Bullet In Your Head by black label society, and counterfeit god are some of the best metal songs in existence.