Heaviest songs

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

GonK wrote:what no Rage Against the Machine???
Killing in the name of certainly deserves a mention.
Wait wait wait. You're gonna give props to Killing... and not Bombtrack? HERESY!!!
Other honourable mentions

Ace of Spades - Motorhead
Ever tried to drive sensibly while listening to this? It just ain't possible.
If you EVER list Motorhead as an honorable mention again, I will have your testicles in a jar by sundown.
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Say what you like about the bands stance against napster it's still one of the best heavy metal track's out there.
Enter Sandman?? There are WAY heavier Metallica tracks! What about the following brain-bashing tracks: Damage Inc., Seek and Destroy, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets (or at least the second half of MoP), Battery, Hit the Lights... Hell, even FUEL was heavier than Sandman! Come on, boy! Learn your MetallicA!!
Back in Black - AC/DC
Bacause I like it.
BACK IN F U C K I N G BLACK?!?! Heavy! Think HEAVY!!!
Have A Cigar - Foo Fighters version
Pink Floyd as heavy metal? Believe it.
AUGH!!!!!!!!! You get more and more frustrating by the instant!! FOO FIGHTERS?! I MIGHT give you Monkey Wrench, but beyond that, they're only slightly edgier than Nirvana, who IS NOT metal.
Kashmir - Led Zepplin
No further comment needed.
Great tune, but STILL not heavy. And again, if you EVER put Led Zep in the category of "honorable mention," I will personally see to it that someone slams your weiner in a sliding glass door.
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Queeb Salaron wrote:
GonK wrote:what no Rage Against the Machine???
Killing in the name of certainly deserves a mention.
Wait wait wait. You're gonna give props to Killing... and not Bombtrack? HERESY!!!
YOU'VE GOT A BULLET IN YOUR FUCKING HEAD MOTHER FUCKEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!! is all that can be said about _ratm.

as for the others...just not heavy enough im afraid, biohazard, superjoint ritual and slayer still shitting on them from a great height.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
NapoleonGH
Jedi Master

Post by NapoleonGH »

I would say that Zeppelin do NOT qualify as heavy metal. I would say they served almost as a pre-curser to metal. They probably are the heaviest (and best) of the classic hard rock bands, but i would not say they are metal, though Kashmir comes close (as does dazed and confused after a fasion) too many of their songs arent metalish and those that are metalish are in the minority.

(I just to note am a rabid Zeppelin fan, and am greatly upset that i was born 25 years too late to properly enjoy them in concert)
Festina Lente
My shoes are too tight and I've forgotten how to dance
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

Rye wrote:YOU'VE GOT A BULLET IN YOUR FUCKING HEAD MOTHER FUCKEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!! is all that can be said about _ratm.

as for the others...just not heavy enough im afraid, biohazard, superjoint ritual and slayer still shitting on them from a great height.
I don't like biohazard. I had to kick many a neo-nazis ass at a biohazard show, once. It seems they attract the skinheads. Though I'm not sure why. But bad followings are marks of something evil in a band that I just don't know about.

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Queeb Salaron wrote:
Rye wrote:YOU'VE GOT A BULLET IN YOUR FUCKING HEAD MOTHER FUCKEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!! is all that can be said about _ratm.

I don't like biohazard. I had to kick many a neo-nazis ass at a biohazard show, once. It seems they attract the skinheads. Though I'm not sure why. But bad followings are marks of something evil in a band that I just don't know about.
You could say the exact same about slayer. At ozzfest, when slayer came out, all these enormous skin heads with really thick bodies appeared from nowhere and scared the living shit out of me.

I think it's just because biohazard are extremely aggressive and blatant with their hatred and contempt of fakes, and now fundies (thanks to 9/11) and they expect extreme loyalty, which neo nazi people feed off i would guess.

Biohazard are really nice guys though, and their music is easy some of the heaviest around. Similar to hatebreed.
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
GonK
Youngling

Post by GonK »

Okay 2 proplus later and a good look through CD's and mp3 collection.

GonK's Bestest Heaviest Songs Everest MKII

Killing in the Name of - Rage Against The Machine
Iron Man - Black Sabbath
Pisschrist - Fear Factory
Ace if Spades - Motorhead
Kashmir - Led Zepplin

fighting urge to include Bohemian Rhapsody . . . mustn't . . . not heavy enough . . . urgy rising . . . RISING . . . RISING. . . [switches on Black Sabbath] FALLING . . . falling . . . gone.

Dammit can't play any of these loud enough flatmate will kill me if I do
"That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, including the topless blond out at the swimming pool this morning. But, like the topless blond, some stupid things are fun to stare at." Raoul Duke, Jr.
<---And if you EVER see that face wandering roung Edinburgh with a bottle of Jack Daniels then I advise you to run. Or you could come over and buy me more Jack Daniels.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

W00000000000000+!

Pisschrist!

(head down, arms out, nailed to the cross of doubt, where is your saviour now?)

!..! FEAR FACTORY!..! 8)

BTW, threshold by slayer just came on, this has got to be up there...absolutely blinding album its from too.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

I can't FUCKING believe that nobody's mentioned ManowaR. They did earn a place in the Guinness Book of World Records for "World's Loudest Band" after all...

I'd vote for "The Gods Made Heavy Metal." THAT is heavy.
In The Beginning There Was Silence And Darkness All Across The Earth
Then Came The Wind And A Hole In The Sky
Thunder And Lightening Came Crashing Down Hit The Earth And Split The Ground
Fire Burned High In The Sky

From Down Below Fire Melted The Stone
The Ground Shook And Started To Pound

The Gods Made Heavy Metal And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell We Promised That We Would
When Losers Say Its Over With You Know That It’s A Lie
The Gods Made Heavy Metal And It’s Never Gonna Die

We Are The True Believers It’s Our Turn To Show The World
In The Fire Of Heavy Metal We Were Burned
It’s More Than Our Religion It’s The Only Way To Live
But The Enemies Of Metal We Can’t Forgive

Cause We Believe In The Power And The Might
And The Gods Who Made Metal Are With Us Tonight

We Believe In The Power And The Might
We’re Here Tonight For Heavy Metal Are You Ready In The Hall
They Have Chosen Us And We Have Heard The Call
Gonna Tear The Roof Off With Our Sound Crack The Walls And Shake The Ground
Fight Tonight For Metal One And All

Cause We Believe In The Power And The Might

A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

...Rage Against the Machine is supposed to be heavy? :?: You're kidding me. Hell, don't they refer to themselves as Renegades of Funk in a song?

For Metallica, Ride the Lightning, Damage Inc., Seek and Destroy, and Master of Puppets come to mind... They seem to be a bit more melancholy in their later albums.

My definition of nu-metal would be something like System of a Down, althought I think they're officially classified as Schizophrenic. Korn, Slipknot, etc are more of grudge... They don't call themselves metal do they?

I'd say that Rob Zombie has a great feel, but I can't really call it metal. I think psychodelic and cult would be a fairly accurate description.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

Steve Conte's version of Rain. Heavy shit there.
Sì! Abbiamo un' anima! Ma è fatta di tanti piccoli robot.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Exonerate wrote:...Rage Against the Machine is supposed to be heavy? :?: You're kidding me. Hell, don't they refer to themselves as Renegades of Funk in a song?

For Metallica, Ride the Lightning, Damage Inc., Seek and Destroy, and Master of Puppets come to mind... They seem to be a bit more melancholy in their later albums.

My definition of nu-metal would be something like System of a Down, althought I think they're officially classified as Schizophrenic. Korn, Slipknot, etc are more of grudge... They don't call themselves metal do they?

I'd say that Rob Zombie has a great feel, but I can't really call it metal. I think psychodelic and cult would be a fairly accurate description.
I heard somewhere SOAD described as "disco metal" (might even have been me)i think that suits them perfectly.

As for rob zombie and pm5k, id consider them party metal, one of the sounds that i really get along with. Nobody's real but they're willing to let you know...
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:As to my previous statement has anyone Besides AC/DC (Cannons in those about to Rock) and The Who (Keith Moon used contact explosives on parts of his drums) used cannons/explosives as part of the concert/recording process?
Rammstein....thier stage show is fucking amazing....they had a bunch of speakers rigged with charged and at one point smashed them with the mic stand setting off a huge explosion as the start to a track....not to mention all the fire....oh so much fire.....

I'd have to pick something by Manowar probably...."The Gods Made Heavy Metal" is a good one....though to be honest I tend to prefer something more like hmm....."Blood of the Kings" anyone here know the joke in the song?
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Warriors of the World United is good too.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Cut throat - Sepultura
Spit - Sepultura
We'll Grind that Axe fora long time - Pantera
Creature of the Wheel - White Zombie
Shock - Fear Factory
any dying fetus song -_-
Dig - Mudvayne
Endangered Species - Sepultura
Mad Blast ( unknown ) but its redorkulasly heavy.

and for the most part, many of you haven't been naming many heavy things... with the exception of Morbid angel ( and some various others ) I dont think anything past 1979 or so was very heavy .... sure it was hard for its time, but even compared to Limp bizkit it was kinda weak. ( weak meaning ... limp would be heavier ... but not necessarily better) maybe i shouldn't of used Limp Dick as an example ... but thats hardly the point. I think things between the 1980-1999( stretching it ) era outblast most music from before or after said period. The thread is heavy... not good ... not innovative, not decent, just heavy. :roll:
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Unfortunately, when you throw out any idea of quality...then you end up with a pissing contest between amps and loud noises.....something that sounds like a broken piece of construction machinery for example....
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

For Those About to Rock - AC/DC

Like Colin said, any song with fucking cannons in it...woo!
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Dalton wrote:For Those About to Rock - AC/DC

Like Colin said, any song with fucking cannons in it...woo!
.... i wouldn't consider AC/DC heavy. :?
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(
Damaramu
Jedi Master

Post by Damaramu »

I'm particularly fond of Deicide's When Satan Rules His World.

Defecating on your book of belief. :lol:
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Queeb Salaron wrote:
GonK wrote:Enter Sandman - Metallica
Say what you like about the bands stance against napster it's still one of the best heavy metal track's out there.
Enter Sandman?? There are WAY heavier Metallica tracks! What about the following brain-bashing tracks: Damage Inc., Seek and Destroy, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets (or at least the second half of MoP), Battery, Hit the Lights... Hell, even FUEL was heavier than Sandman! Come on, boy! Learn your MetallicA!!
Personally I'd have to say "...And Justice For All" has Metallica's heaviest tracks, like "Blackened", "Shortest Straw", "Harvester of Sorrow", "To Live is to Die", and the goodness of "Dyers Eve".
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Since they haven't even been friggin' MENTIONED yet...

Blind Guardian.

Personal Favorites:
Mordred's Song
Nightfall
Script for my Requiem
Born in Mourning Hall

I could go on, but you want heavy, isn't that right?

Bright Eyes
I'm Alive
Precious Jerusalem
Soulforged
And Then There Was Silence
The Script for my Requiem

I think that fits the bill rather well.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

aphexmonster wrote:.... i wouldn't consider AC/DC heavy. :?
I would.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Hotfoot wrote:Since they haven't even been friggin' MENTIONED yet...

Blind Guardian.

Personal Favorites:
Mordred's Song
Nightfall
Script for my Requiem
Born in Mourning Hall

I could go on, but you want heavy, isn't that right?

Bright Eyes
I'm Alive
Precious Jerusalem
Soulforged
And Then There Was Silence
The Script for my Requiem

I think that fits the bill rather well.
Most would note Blind Guardian for thier excellent melodic qualities....but...the thread starter said quality isnt one of the criteria for this...otherwise Blind Guardian would be my top choice.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Keevan_Colton wrote:Most would note Blind Guardian for thier excellent melodic qualities....but...the thread starter said quality isnt one of the criteria for this...otherwise Blind Guardian would be my top choice.
i'm talking about sheer aggression within the confines of some kind of structure
True, but the lead singer of Blind Guardian has this wonderful gutteral singing scream that he can pull off which contains such excellent rage and hostility. Plus, the songs I've listed as heavy I do think meet the requirement nicely. I'd almost put Mordred's Song in there, just because I love the anger in the parts where "Mordred" is ranting. :twisted:
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

aerius wrote:Personally I'd have to say "...And Justice For All" has Metallica's heaviest tracks, like "Blackened", "Shortest Straw", "Harvester of Sorrow", "To Live is to Die", and the goodness of "Dyers Eve".
I definitely think Ride the Lightning is harder. And come on... Dyers Eve is good, but MoP is WAY better.

I'm surprised that no one put any nu-metal transition bands on here. Kittie, for one. All the Canadians forgot those chicks, eh? Say what you will about them musically, but paperdoll was a fucking cool song.

Also, we totally forgot Opeth. :twisted:

But of course, as we all know, Creed is the heaviest metal band to ever grace God's good earth.

::Ducks::

--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Hotfoot wrote:
i'm talking about sheer aggression within the confines of some kind of structure
True, but the lead singer of Blind Guardian has this wonderful gutteral singing scream that he can pull off which contains such excellent rage and hostility. Plus, the songs I've listed as heavy I do think meet the requirement nicely. I'd almost put Mordred's Song in there, just because I love the anger in the parts where "Mordred" is ranting. :twisted:
*chuckles*
That's true, I've something from the Demons and Wizards collaboration on right now....."Poor Man's Crusade".
"Prodesse Non Nocere."