Moderator: Edi

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

(Refuse) Resist - Sepultura
The Nobodies - Marilyn Manson
Domination - Pantera
The Death Song - Marilyn Manson
Go to Sleep - Eminen, DMX, Obie Trice. (OK it's rap but it is quite heavy IMO)
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Saurencaerthai wrote: The pitch range of the foundation tends to be in the lower range. Morbid Angel, Meshuggah, Obituary, At the Gates, Bal Sagoth
Bal-Sagoth's first album, "A Black Moon Broods Over Lemuria" was indeed Death Metal, (Death Metal with keyboards, but still Death Metal) but from their second album and onwards, they've changed to their own, unique style which defies classification - although I love to describe it as "B-Movie Metal." (note: If you don't get it, this is a jab at the power metal band Rhapsody, who call their own music "Hollywood Metal.")

Their post-Lemuria albums are definately not Death Metal, it's not brutal enough.

BTW, I'm in no way dissing Bal-Sagoth... in fact, they're one of my favourite bands.

BACK ON TOPIC!!

If you want the heaviest music available, I recommend Strapping Young Lad, whose first album is called "Heavy As A Really Heavy Thing." And if you have a craving for nuclear bombardments of the tymphanic membrane, there's also Crytopsy and Pig Destroyer. Come on, what's not to like about a band called "Pig Destroyer" ?? :P
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:
Saurencaerthai wrote: The pitch range of the foundation tends to be in the lower range. Morbid Angel, Meshuggah, Obituary, At the Gates, Bal Sagoth
Bal-Sagoth's first album, "A Black Moon Broods Over Lemuria" was indeed Death Metal, (Death Metal with keyboards, but still Death Metal) but from their second album and onwards, they've changed to their own, unique style which defies classification - although I love to describe it as "B-Movie Metal." (note: If you don't get it, this is a jab at the power metal band Rhapsody, who call their own music "Hollywood Metal.")

Their post-Lemuria albums are definately not Death Metal, it's not brutal enough.

BTW, I'm in no way dissing Bal-Sagoth... in fact, they're one of my favourite bands.
By their own classification, Bal Sagoth is "Barbarian Death Metal". I add the prefix "orchestral" to that.
Music can name the un-nameable and communicate with the unknowable.
-Leonard Bernstein
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

New deftones out on the 20th ... im not saying go look for it on kazaa, for i dont premote music pirating, but the whole CDs up there already. :D They even play a show here in 5 days ...
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I don't know who did it, but I heard a Metal Cover of Iron Butterfly once. :D

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:I don't know who did it, but I heard a Metal Cover of Iron Butterfly once. :D

Did it roxxorz j00r s0xx0rz ?
-monster
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:I don't know who did it, but I heard a Metal Cover of Iron Butterfly once. :D
Was it the Slayer rendition of "Inna Gadda da Vida"?
-Leonard Bernstein
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

Darth Pounder wrote:Deftones - My Own Summer
Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People
Rammstein - Feuer Frei
Saliva - Superstar
Tool - Sober

IMHO are good recent Heavy Metal. But in reality there has been no good Heavy Metal since Metalica started sucking each others cocks and started sueing Napster.
Rammstein is industrial, but they still rock.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Can't believe Napalm Death and Cannibal Corpse have never been mentioned in this thread. *sigh*
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Kintaro
Jedi Knight

Post by Kintaro »

Frank Hipper wrote:Can't believe Napalm Death and Cannibal Corpse have never been mentioned in this thread. *sigh*
What? Yes they have; they are on the first or second page.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Kintaro wrote:
Frank Hipper wrote:Can't believe Napalm Death and Cannibal Corpse have never been mentioned in this thread. *sigh*
What? Yes they have; they are on the first or second page.
I saw Morbid Angel and Deicide come up a couple times, guess I must've missed 'em.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Ir was someone covering Inna Gadda Devita....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Saurencaerthai wrote:
Simon H.Johansen wrote:

By their own classification, Bal Sagoth is "Barbarian Death Metal". I add the prefix "orchestral" to that.
A look at their website reveals that they have several classifications of their music, including:

"True Britannic Battle-Metal"
"Symphonic Barbarian Metal"
"Orchestral Black Metal"
"Dark Strange Black Death Metal"
"Melancholic Doom-Metal" (OK, their first album was quite melancholic, but it all went too fast to be considered Doom Metal)

In fact, they classify themselves as Black Metal more often than Death Metal.

But if you've found somewhere that refers to them as "Barbarian Death Metal", feel free to state where.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Hethrir
Jedi Master

Post by Hethrir »

Rye wrote:To this end, a song that everyone should remember is Bach's Toccatta and Fugue in D Minor...song of vampires everywhere.
I take it you mean BWV 565? 538 was far superiour.

For real J.S.Bach (organ works) you want "Ich Ruf' Zu Dir, Herr Jesu Christ," BWV 639 or "Adagio In C Major," BWV 564
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

The baddest-ass CLASSICAL song competition ends in a tie:

1.) O Fortuna

2.) Flight of the Bumblebee
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I'm gonna get flamed for saying this, deservidly so, but Slipknots Wait And Bleed. To me Heavy Metal is the embodyment of pure rage and thats what that song makes me feel no matter my mood before it comes on.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Darth Pounder wrote:I'm gonna get flamed for saying this, deservidly so, but Slipknots Wait And Bleed. To me Heavy Metal is the embodyment of pure rage and thats what that song makes me feel no matter my mood before it comes on.
Does that mean you like slipknot / wait and bleed and the song makes you angry in a good way, or does it mean that you hate them and you think the song's angsty teen music, and that irritates you profusely?

personally, i quite like that entire album...

::activates phoenix proof flameshield::
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:
Saurencaerthai wrote:
Simon H.Johansen wrote: Bal-Sagoth's first album, "A Black Moon Broods Over Lemuria" was indeed Death Metal, (Death Metal with keyboards, but still Death Metal) but from their second album and onwards, they've changed to their own, unique style which defies classification - although I love to describe it as "B-Movie Metal." (note: If you don't get it, this is a jab at the power metal band Rhapsody, who call their own music "Hollywood Metal.")

A look at their website reveals that they have several classifications of their music, including:

"True Britannic Battle-Metal"
"Symphonic Barbarian Metal"
"Orchestral Black Metal"
"Dark Strange Black Death Metal"
"Melancholic Doom-Metal" (OK, their first album was quite melancholic, but it all went too fast to be considered Doom Metal)

In fact, they classify themselves as Black Metal more often than Death Metal.

But if you've found somewhere that refers to them as "Barbarian Death Metal", feel free to state where.
You got me. It's been a lil while since I've been through their site (seeing as they update something like once every 6 months).
-Leonard Bernstein
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Rye wrote:
Darth Pounder wrote:I'm gonna get flamed for saying this, deservidly so, but Slipknots Wait And Bleed. To me Heavy Metal is the embodyment of pure rage and thats what that song makes me feel no matter my mood before it comes on.
Does that mean you like slipknot / wait and bleed and the song makes you angry in a good way, or does it mean that you hate them and you think the song's angsty teen music, and that irritates you profusely?

I like the song. The band i can't stand and the song it's self gets me hyped up so much it isn't funny. I play it on continuious when i'm training because the song to me is pure agression. Agression is what heavy metal is about.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Darth Pounder wrote:
Rye wrote:

I like the song. The band i can't stand and the song it's self gets me hyped up so much it isn't funny. I play it on continuious when i'm training because the song to me is pure agression. Agression is what heavy metal is about.

That songs deffinitly heavy, but not until the end :D
-monster
beyond hope
Jedi Council Member

Post by beyond hope »

Figures, I notice this topic when I can't blare my stereo. Ah well.

Anyways, here's the kind of loud and angry stuff I favor.

Nine Inch Nails: still one of my favorites despite how rarely Trent Reznor can be bothered with releasing an album. For sheer aggression the "Broken" EP is hard to beat. "Wish" and "Gave Up" are standouts for sheer volume and anger. Also try "Burn" (off the Natural Born Killers soundtrack, 'natch,) "March of the Pigs," and "Mr. Self Destruct" (both from The Downward Spiral.) Those are some of my favorites when I'm pissed off and feel like breaking something.

A Perfect Circle: Judith: it's a good loud, angry song (although the only one on the album like that.

L7: "Shitlist" (also off the Natural Born Killers soundtrack.)

Megadeth: "Crush 'Em"- a favorite of mine for headhunting in AVP 2

Metallica: Say what you want (like "sellouts" or "assholes") but they've still got some good angry songs. Aside from the previously mentioned ones, "King Nothing" and "Ain't My Bitch" are favorites of mine when I'm in a foul mood.

Rage Against the Machine: Aside from the ones already mentioned, "Bulls on Parade" and "Sleep Now in the Fire."
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

APC = not heavy.
-monster
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

For really satisfying, Fell So Numb by rob zombie.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Hethrir
Jedi Master

Post by Hethrir »

Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow. That riff is so deceptive. I can pick up my guitar and play it for hours and not get bored. OK, maybe more like 15 mins, but that's not the point.
Boba Fett
Jedi Master

Post by Boba Fett »

The one that really gives me an adrenaline boost is:

"The Ace of Spades" - Motörhead :twisted:
Visit Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Member of BotM and HAB