Greatest Swordsman...

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Eleas wrote:
weemadando wrote:You know, I would say Benedict of Amber, but the "no gods" thing kind of rules him out.
He's just a demigod. :)

Otherwise, I'll take Decado, the Ice Killer.
DUDE! Benedict of Amber is waaaaaaaaaaaaay above demi-god. He is even waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond God.

Hell, Ares and the other gods of war are likely mere shadows of him.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

weemadando wrote:
Eleas wrote:
weemadando wrote:You know, I would say Benedict of Amber, but the "no gods" thing kind of rules him out.
He's just a demigod. :)

Otherwise, I'll take Decado, the Ice Killer.
DUDE! Benedict of Amber is waaaaaaaaaaaaay above demi-god. He is even waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond God.

Hell, Ares and the other gods of war are likely mere shadows of him.
He is mortal. Put a bullet through his brainpan and he will die.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Not really

I still say that Musashi (River World) version with fishing pole and fan (Made from Riverworld bamboo)

Would win, just critiquing everyone's technique,

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Ryoga
Jedi Knight

Post by Ryoga »

I'm going to have to go with Yosho/Katsuhiro from Tenchi Muyo!, personally. Even disguised as an old man, he manages to beat down two super-powered opponents at once (Ryoko was wanted for the destruction/looting/devestation of several worlds, and Kagato seems to shrug off most forms of small-arms fire, in addition to teleporting freely and creating instant body-doubles of himself). And that was in the OVA. Even toned down in Tenchi Universe, he's still regarded as the galaxy's best swordsman, and his abilities are so fearsome that their mention alone is enough for Kagato to cow all of Jurai.
macman
Youngling

Post by macman »

What about Agaron or Grandlif from Lord of the Rings....Grandlif slew that Barlog and Agaron mowed down Orcs like tall grass.....
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Eleas wrote:
He is mortal. Put a bullet through his brainpan and he will die.
Well, he's immortal, but yes, he remains vulnerable. Problem is that Amberites have a habit of not dying. Well, atleast not remaining dead.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

macman wrote:What about Agaron or Grandlif from Lord of the Rings....Grandlif slew that Barlog and Agaron mowed down Orcs like tall grass.....
Oh, for the love of...-
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
omegaLancer
Jedi Knight

Cyrano de Bergerac

Post by omegaLancer »

The greatest fictional swordman ( Well he was a real guy but his fame is legendary), has to be Cyrano de Bergerac

poet,scientist and swordman. His greatest feast was defeating 100 swordman in one night... Tell me what other swordman can boast such a body count...
The Yosemite Bear

Musashi can....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

"Nameless" of Storm Riders...

Every ass-kicking guy in that comic have ridiculously powerful techniques and levels up a period but Nameless STILL tops them all.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
omegaLancer
Jedi Knight

Post by omegaLancer »

Musashi can....
all at the same time.. Let see Musashi compose a sonet while slaughtering his enemies..
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

macman wrote:What about Agaron or Grandlif from Lord of the Rings....Grandlif slew that Barlog and Agaron mowed down Orcs like tall grass.....
It's Aragorn and Gandalf. And while Aragorn is a pretty good swordsman he isn't the kind of an "uber killer" as some of the others that have been mentioned in this thread are. The same largely applies to Gandalf and while he did carry a sword he was more of a wizard then a swordsman.
Silencer_7
Redshirt

Post by Silencer_7 »

Blade from the film blade- this guy goes through vamps like their not there!!
macman
Youngling

Post by macman »

Sir Sirius wrote:
It's Aragorn and Gandalf. And while Aragorn is a pretty good swordsman he isn't the kind of an "uber killer" as some of the others that have been mentioned in this thread are. The same largely applies to Gandalf and while he did carry a sword he was more of a wizard then a swordsman.
That is what I get for typing at 1am....Thanks for the correction....

Of course the dread pirate Roberts is tough to beat....
Mutant Headcrab
Jedi Knight

Post by Mutant Headcrab »

Drooling Iguana wrote:I think it would come down to whoever has the best repitoire of swordfighting insults.

"You fight like a dairy farmer!"
"How appropriate, you fight like a cow!" :P
The Yosemite Bear

Well during the "battle of the bathhouse" he defeated 200 opponents while the public bath filled with steam and smoke. Of course no one is sure what was real or fiction about that fight.

Brian Young
Sith Apprentice

Post by Brian Young »

Maximus Decimus Meridias, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions.
Babtech on the Net is the most well-thought-out collection of Babylon 5 technical documents online.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Mutant Headcrab wrote:
Drooling Iguana wrote:I think it would come down to whoever has the best repitoire of swordfighting insults.

"You fight like a dairy farmer!"
"How appropriate, you fight like a cow!" :P
"You fight like a Kobold!"

"Bloody hell!"

*on severing orc limb* "Ah, the other white meat..."

"Now you're my bitch..."

Enric rocks in the insult circles as well.
GonK
Youngling

Post by GonK »

Decado the Ice Killer is probably one of the finest swordsmen in fiction though both Duncan Idaho and Paul Atredies were excellent swordsmen (though Paul was probably a better knife fighter).

The greatest swordsman title has to go to Cohen the Barbarian.
What other 80 year old could take on an army and expect to win?
"That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, including the topless blond out at the swimming pool this morning. But, like the topless blond, some stupid things are fun to stare at." Raoul Duke, Jr.
<---And if you EVER see that face wandering roung Edinburgh with a bottle of Jack Daniels then I advise you to run. Or you could come over and buy me more Jack Daniels.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Another honourable mention goes to Eltharion from Warhammer. Despite being blind, he's still an exceptionally good swordfighter and knows several strange, ritualistic High Elven swordfighting techniques.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:Another honourable mention goes to Eltharion from Warhammer. Despite being blind, he's still an exceptionally good swordfighter and knows several strange, ritualistic High Elven swordfighting techniques.
Oh shit yes. When a blind man can take on the greatest of the Swordmasters of Hoeth and come out alive (and even sometimes win) then you know he's bad-arse.
Damaramu
Jedi Master

Post by Damaramu »

Zatoichi- blind swordsman/masseuse.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Nightcralwer!
I mean he can weild a sword wit his tail!
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Katshuhito from either series 1 in TU he beats an oponent wearing combat armor. Tenchi OVA he takes down Ryoko with three gems
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
spacejozilla
Redshirt

Post by spacejozilla »

Hiko Seijirou

Seta Soujirou

Snake-Eyes from the GI Joe comic, he was a better swordsman than Stormshadow.

Jubei from Ninja Scroll was tough but not as good as some of the others. The Blind Swordsman was better than Jubei.