Writer's Guild

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Writer's Guild

Post by Stravo »

To All:

A new private forum has been created named the Writer's Guild. It is a forum for authors to discuss their works or the process of writing in general. Kelly is the mod of the group.

In order to join you must have one of the following:

Completed work or a signifant amount of chapters posted in the Fanfic forum

or

Constructive criticism of other works in Fanfic

also, you must be willing to learn and improve.

Please PM Kelly Antilles if you think you meet these requirements and wish to join.

I hope to see all you aspiring authors there.
Last edited by Stravo on 2003-06-03 09:38pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Admiral Cross
Youngling

Post by Admiral Cross »

kelly who?
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Man, you ARE a newbie. :P

Kelly Antilles, the woman with the foxy avatars. :wink:
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Do a search for her name and she'll show up.

Make sure you have a piece of fic work ready to submit to her (I think that's part of the requirements).
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

And it had better be your own.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Admiral Cross
Youngling

Post by Admiral Cross »

Yes I am a newbie to this forum lol :D
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Admiral Cross wrote:Yes I am a newbie to this forum lol :D
Gathered that. Now, my personal question is: Should I joinor not? I mean, I have already posted a piece on the boards (Inifinite Fun)

But still... it wasn't a very good piece...

Desicions, descisions...
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Singular Quartet wrote:Now, my personal question is: Should I joinor not? I mean, I have already posted a piece on the boards (Inifinite Fun)

Desicions, descisions...

If you're looking for compliments about the work, I haven't read it yet, so I can't offer you that.

If you honestly don't feel like it was that good, but you enjoying writing and want to continue to do so, won't joining the guild only help you become a better writer? Isn't that the whole point of having one? :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I have sent Kelly the link to some of my work. Of course, it's not Star Wars or Star Trek so nobody gives a damn about it. :P :oops:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Zaia wrote:
Singular Quartet wrote:Now, my personal question is: Should I joinor not? I mean, I have already posted a piece on the boards (Inifinite Fun)

Desicions, descisions...

If you're looking for compliments about the work, I haven't read it yet, so I can't offer you that.

If you honestly don't feel like it was that good, but you enjoying writing and want to continue to do so, won't joining the guild only help you become a better writer? Isn't that the whole point of having one? :D
Nah, I'm not looking for compliments. I was just showing that I had, in reality, actually posted something to this board (there might be more, but I'm unwilling to actually go back and look for it.)

I suppose I will...
Steve wrote:I have sent Kelly the link to some of my work. Of course, it's not Star Wars or Star Trek so nobody gives a damn about it. :P :oops:
Well, my submision will have/had something to do with Star Trek...
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

It'd be nice if Kelly returned my PM to her. :P Considering it contains my proof of being a writer to get access to the Guild.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Steve wrote:It'd be nice if Kelly returned my PM to her. :P Considering it contains my proof of being a writer to get access to the Guild.
:P I've been away all weekend. Forgive me. Refresh your index.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Steve wrote:It'd be nice if Kelly returned my PM to her. :P Considering it contains my proof of being a writer to get access to the Guild.
Here, here.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

You too.... (and I liked the kitty avatar better.)
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Kelly Antilles wrote:You too.... (and I liked the kitty avatar better.)
*Wanders off to look*

Don't worry about that. Soon as I get together a banner for the TF cult, the kitty shall return. Anyways, enough spam

Vikings: Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam...
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Kelly Antilles wrote:
:P I've been away all weekend. Forgive me. Refresh your index.
Forgiven, m'lady. :)

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

So it has to be Star Trek/Star Wars, because I wanted to send in m Majesty fanfic. Either that or some of my screnplay or story ideas.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

FaxModem1 wrote:So it has to be Star Trek/Star Wars, because I wanted to send in m Majesty fanfic. Either that or some of my screnplay or story ideas.
I don't think it has to be Trek or Wars.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

It most definitely DOES NOT have to be Trek vs. Wars.

There are enough of us here that don't write crossovers and we can't get the feedback we need on our stories. That's why we've created the guild.

Submissions should be at least a scene in length. Or if you write poetry instead, send me a poem. We are not picky about what you write. Just about how serious about writing you are.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Kelly Antilles wrote:It most definitely DOES NOT have to be Trek vs. Wars.

There are enough of us here that don't write crossovers and we can't get the feedback we need on our stories. That's why we've created the guild.

Submissions should be at least a scene in length. Or if you write poetry instead, send me a poem. We are not picky about what you write. Just about how serious about writing you are.
To back up this point, my submission was the ST/Culture fic that I linked above (I think I linked... I could be wrong, though)
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Singular Quartet wrote:

To back up this point, my submission was the ST/Culture fic that I linked above (I think I linked... I could be wrong, though)
Moreso, my pure fics.. I don't write crossovers... :?

~ver
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

verilon wrote:
Singular Quartet wrote:

Moreso, my pure fics.. I don't write crossovers... :?

~ver
Yeah well... I write opure fics, but the first (and possibly last) time I posted one here, it got no responses. None.

On a side (and rather spamish) note, see: The kitty hath returned.

EDIT: Spamity-spam
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Singular Quartet wrote: Yeah well... I write opure fics, but the first (and possibly last) time I posted one here, it got no responses. None.
It is harder to get pure fics read and critiqued, since with FANfics, or crossovers, the very fact that it's got something to do with a TV show or movie everyone knows (SW or ST) or in some occasions that it is a crossover and could feature some interesting crossover-ing, would automatically draw some audience.

Pure fics: no one besides you knows about the story firsthand; does not feature anything eye-catching like a crossover element, neither does it have the benefit of being based on something widely known, hence additional allure.

If you understood any of what I just said, my basic point would be that it is MUCH harder to get a pure fic noticed than a fanfic.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Singular Quartet wrote:Yeah well... I write opure fics, but the first (and possibly last) time I posted one here, it got no responses. None.
link?
On a side (and rather spamish) note, see: The kitty hath returned.
[cuddles] Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

~ver
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Question: How exactly does this "guild" work? Do certain threads only show for guild members? Do we have an extra forum, easier ways to critique? Does it show that you're a member? Etc.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe