The Hulk loose in Middle Earth

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

RedOcean
Redshirt

The Hulk loose in Middle Earth

Post by RedOcean »

Doctor Bruce Banner has been transported to the middle of the shire. There are two unfortunate side effects: 1) He is trapped in his Hulk form and 2) he is really really angry! :lol:

Does Middle Earth have a chance??
Remember, nobody ever gets out of life alive
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken-Martell family motto
DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Stop Struggling! -Cervantes
Omega-13
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Post by Omega-13 »

Unless they can somehow take control of his mind, he basically cleans house. They have all these great walls, with huge massive metal gates, all the Hulk has to do is jump over them, smash right into the heart of the castle, and start tearing it apart
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 99#1688299
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

What era?

Valar> Larger Dragon > Balrog > Small Dragon? > Ent > Hulk/Olog Hai.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: The Hulk loose in Middle Earth

Post by Crazedwraith »

RedOcean wrote:Doctor Bruce Banner has been transported to the middle of the shire. There are two unfortunate side effects: 1) He is trapped in his Hulk form and 2) he is really really angry! :lol:

Does Middle Earth have a chance??
nope.
well unless Gandalf or someone magics him back to Bruce.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Seems to me, unless some magic thing happens, the only chance anybody has is if he falls asleep.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Post by Admiral Johnason »

Souron's firey eye will get some green Clear Eyes put in it to remove all that evil lifeforce.
Liberals for Nixon in 3000: Nixon... with carisma and a shiny robot body.

never negoiate out of fear, but never fear to negoiate.

Captian America- Justice League

HAB submarine commander-
"We'll break you of your fear of water."
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

One of the more powerful magic users might defeat or corrupt him. Nothing else though.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

Only an Istari(sp?) can stand a chance here. I'm sure he could even give Smaug or Gothmog a run for their money!
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Hulk makes his way towards Gandalf, who's standing defiantly in his way. Gandalf lifts his arms into the air.

Gandalf: You shall not pas...

Hulk steps on him, with a splat and keeps going.

:twisted:
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

Perhaps if they try to lure Hulk into the pit the Balrog fell in and leave him to wander the depths of Moria until he starves to death.

Assuming, Hulk doesn't jump straight through several miles of air and solid stone to the surface (he's HULK after all . . . )
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
Enricko
Padawan Learner

Post by Enricko »

Wait a minute, Hulk is in the middle of the Shire here! The Hulk will crush some houses and maybe an odd number of hobbits, someone would prevent the Sheriffs, the Sheriffs will gather as many archers as possible to give Hulk a free acupuncture session, Hulk steps on some more hobbits until he find the Ale reserve.

Hulk drink for at least ten years of beer production and fall asleep...
"We don't suspend disbelief, we hang it until it's dead!"
Major Cam Corder, Sevgates Cartoon Strip

MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Hulk can sustain hits from small arms fire can't he (don't know, just assuming from what I think we will see in the movie)? If so, I don't imagine that he will be to suseptable to any weapons they could forge...
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Crown wrote:Hulk can sustain hits from small arms fire can't he (don't know, just assuming from what I think we will see in the movie)? If so, I don't imagine that he will be to suseptable to any weapons they could forge...
He can sustain hits from large cannon, IIRC.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Crown wrote:Hulk can sustain hits from small arms fire can't he (don't know, just assuming from what I think we will see in the movie)? If so, I don't imagine that he will be to suseptable to any weapons they could forge...
Doesn't he also take hits from the helicopters in the trailer?
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

In that case, bye-bye middle earth.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Nah, a dragon or a troll would get him eventually. Most of the shire would be gone by then, though.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

How? If this dude can withstand cannon fire (and I assume a rocket attack, notice the word assume), and can play 'hammer throught' with tanks or helicopters, I really think he is above and beyond anything that middle earth has ever faced (in terms of strength or survivability).
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Shit, if you make Hulk mad enough he can slap around Superman.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ultimately which Hulk.

But for the sake let's go Savage Hulk which is nothing more then a raging behemoth who when pissed is not to be screwed with.

While easily fooled, it would take a truly upper level being to stop him honestly.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Don`t tell me no one ever noticed why Hulk is so angry,clue one when he transform he ripped his shirt,clue two he does not rip his pant,conclusion if you had your balls squished would`nt you be angry too? :wink:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Hulk is also rather resistant to magic, IIRC.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

No real difference then anyone else.

He has no special vulnerablity like say SUpes, but he's not especially invulnerable.

It would just require something massive to actually kill/hurt him and honestly hurting him would be just stupid given if this is Savage Hulk...that just makes him nastier.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Isn't Savage Hulk the "Puny nuclear weapons can't hurt Hulk." Hulk? If it is what does that sentance tell you about Middle Earths chances?
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

How? If this dude can withstand cannon fire (and I assume a rocket attack, notice the word assume), and can play 'hammer throught' with tanks or helicopters, I really think he is above and beyond anything that middle earth has ever faced (in terms of strength or survivability).
A great dragon is probably a good match. Those things were killable by great heroes and such, but by and large were nigh-invulnerable. While they aren't in the "I can ignore all issues of leverage and weight and chuck tanks away" like Hulk, they've got more than enough muscle to fight him with, and the Hulk will find their Dragonfire annoying at the least. I wouldn't even put a Balrog up against the Hulk.

But in all honesty, there isn't much in Marvel comics to match the Hulk, and Middle earth is no longer strong enough to easily deal with him. At their hieght, the Elves, Dwarves, and the Great Kingdoms of men could have fielded champions who may well have struck him down - Feanor and his sons went around slaying Balrogs for ages, and feanor himelf did not fall until surrounded by several at once - but they can do this no longer.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I suspect a squad of Olog-hai would give the Hulk some trouble.

Also, Ents and whatever Balrogs are left.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."