The world has fallen to the Galactic Empire

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Darksider
Sith Acolyte

The world has fallen to the Galactic Empire

Post by Darksider »

Thought that title might get your attention, now on to the topic.....

We all know the modern world would get steamrolled by the GE. The question is, assuming you don't die when the imp's "Low level ground attack" weapons start leveling cities, what part would you play in the rebel movement to throw off the imperial overlords. (Assume the local govener is one of the kind that gives the new order it's bad name)
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Darth Balls
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Balls »

The kind that surrenders to the empire so I dont get blown away.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

I don't survive, I'm close enough to Niagara Falls.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Post by Admiral Johnason »

I try to be a sniper.
Liberals for Nixon in 3000: Nixon... with carisma and a shiny robot body.

never negoiate out of fear, but never fear to negoiate.

Captian America- Justice League

HAB submarine commander-
"We'll break you of your fear of water."
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Sit back and eat it. I would rebel against the Empire in a second, but not when I don't stand a fucking glimmer of a chance in hell.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Admiral Johnason wrote:I try to be a sniper.
That would be an...... interesting profession

Myself, i'd try to lead a small squad on greuilla (Ack! SP) raids against poorly guarded imperial targets, at least until the new republic shows up (If it ever does within my lifetime)
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

BTW..... does this belong in PSW?

I wasn't sure
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

I join the empire. ruling a couple dozen planets? that would rock.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Colloborator.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Informer for the Empire perhaps? Our world is worth next to nothing to them, and any rebellion would soon reduce that value to nil, it's not worth the garrisoning costs. Then the orbital strikes and bio weapons come and we all die.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Admiral Johnason wrote:I try to be a sniper/milita leader.

HAB submarine commander-
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Darksider wrote:
What do you mean by that?

HAB submarine commander-
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Admiral Johnason wrote:
Darksider wrote:
What do you mean by that?
I mean what i said, it wouldn't be my first choice, due to the mental preparation but hey if that's what you want, that's what you want
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Enforcer Talen wrote:I join the empire. ruling a couple dozen planets? that would rock.
On the off-chance I'm not killed. I do the same, I've got the ability to be a Captain on a small ship. Or at least an Lt.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Captain_Cyran wrote:
Enforcer Talen wrote:I join the empire. ruling a couple dozen planets? that would rock.
On the off-chance I'm not killed. I do the same, I've got the ability to be a Captain on a small ship. Or at least an Lt.
Given the sites theme, I expected alot of similar responses.
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Darksider wrote:
I mean what i said, it wouldn't be my first choice, due to the mental preparation but hey if that's what you want, that's what you want
Just glossin' with you. I personally would lead a small rag-tag band with me. We have a anti-armor guy, a demolition man, a machine gunner, and a hand-to-hand person.

HAB submarine commander-
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Captain_Cyran wrote:
But you guys are suppose to be with the Rebels!

Hmmmm....work at an Imperial Shipyard. When a huge shipment is finish at one time...slave them all and give them to the Rebels and that's if the defense force doesn't intercept/jam them...heh

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Informer for the Empire perhaps? Our world is worth next to nothing to them, and any rebellion would soon reduce that value to nil, it's not worth the garrisoning costs. Then the orbital strikes and bio weapons come and we all die.
Let's say the empire wouldn't make with the WMDs (We all know they would but that's beside the point) say...... the local moff is losing popularity and mass bombardment of a formerly neutral world after invading it would sway the masses in the sector to the side of the rebellion.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

there is no chance of victory against the empire. they could annhilate the planet and it would mean nothing. any fighting them could end in the destruction of entire cities.

in saving lives, one cant fight them, and I havent seen them to be particuarly sadistic.

brutal, yes. sadistic? no.
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

So you would cower under and die like cowards?

Nay I say. Cowardice is not my way.

HAB submarine commander-
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

Admiral Johnason wrote:So you would cower under and die like cowards?

Nay I say. Cowardice is not my way.
working in a military is scarcely cowardice.

and you would run with your nihilic fanticism to the certain destruction of cities in retaliation to your resistance acts?

nay, I say.
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
XANATOS
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by XANATOS »

I BECOME A GOOD CITIZEN
OF THE EMPIRE AND
IMMIGRATE TO A BETTER
PLANET AT MY FIRST
OPPORTUNITY

XANATOS :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

XANATOS wrote:I BECOME A GOOD CITIZEN
OF THE EMPIRE AND
IMMIGRATE TO A BETTER
PLANET AT MY FIRST
OPPORTUNITY

XANATOS :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
An all CAPs post. Shoot the infidel newbie!
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Join the Empire, screw the Rebellion.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
nightmare
Jedi Council Member

Post by nightmare »

Well, we know everything there is to know about the Empire, so we would fit right in.. :wink:

Maybe I would hijack a shuttle and take my family to another planet if I had to. Possibly become an interplanetary trader.

Fighting is not an option against an enemy that would smack the whole planet if you leave gum in the turbolift. Now, with the assumption that the local Moff would care (which he wouldn't), I'd probably be a sniper if I had to fight. Or maybe just stuff sugar in their fuel tanks when they're not looking (I have no idea what the chemical compositionis of the fuel they use, but they have fuel and sugar can't be good for it). Wouldn't want to risk my family in retribution.
Star Trek vs. Star Wars, Extralife style.