The world has fallen to the Galactic Empire

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Anything to become part of the crew of an ISD! EEEE!!! :lol:
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Post by Admiral Johnason »

Enforcer Talen wrote:
Admiral Johnason wrote:So you would cower under and die like cowards?

Nay I say. Cowardice is not my way.
working in a military is scarcely cowardice.

and you would run with your nihilic fanticism to the certain destruction of cities in retaliation to your resistance acts?

nay, I say.
By this time, there would beno more cities. If the Imps come, they would wipe out most of the population by removing urban centers. What would we have to loose if we've already lost everything?
Liberals for Nixon in 3000: Nixon... with carisma and a shiny robot body.

never negoiate out of fear, but never fear to negoiate.

Captian America- Justice League

HAB submarine commander-
"We'll break you of your fear of water."
Striderteen
Padawan Learner

Post by Striderteen »

I'd join the Imperial Navy and see the galaxy.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

You guys who are resisting are thinking this through in a one-dimensional way :P

I would go into the Empire, become a well-established citizen, get myself a spaceship, and through lies, deceit, manipulating, and a little misinformation here and there, get a whole lot of alien races pissed with the Empire. Or funnel lots of intel to the Rebellion.

But I like the alien race idea better. So get them all pissed about the Empire, and in return, make the people of Earth rulers of our sector of the galaxy.

That's what I would do.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Or anonymously spread messages around to the public.

Think the Communist Manifesto. It helped create the Soviet Union.

Same way here, without the communism bit.
What's her bust size!?

Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

Admiral Johnason wrote:
Enforcer Talen wrote:
Admiral Johnason wrote:So you would cower under and die like cowards?

Nay I say. Cowardice is not my way.
working in a military is scarcely cowardice.

and you would run with your nihilic fanticism to the certain destruction of cities in retaliation to your resistance acts?

nay, I say.
By this time, there would beno more cities. If the Imps come, they would wipe out most of the population by removing urban centers. What would we have to loose if we've already lost everything?
why would they remove all the urban centers? an isd appears in orbit, every telescope in the planet goes haywire, and they need only fire a warning shot. a new glowing crater that can fit a city will most definitly persuade a surrender - and, rarely does the empire slaughter billions of potential tax payers on the first go around.

I expect someone will claim alderaan - that, of course, will likely happen if one our snipes takes out a grand moff. no, much easier to sign up and maintain the life of humanity.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I immedieately join the new local branch of the COMmitte for the Preservation of the New ORder...
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Skelron
Jedi Master

Post by Skelron »

I wait and sit back, I wait while the Empire starts to bring us too their level of technolgy. They'll do it as well, what worth would a backwards mud hole have? No they have conqoured us for a reason and want something, and to get it they will invest in the planet. Open the place up to traders exctra. While this is going on, I will simply bide my time, maybe pass on the ideas that I hold dear that I know the Empire would attempt to squash. ((If too much time passes after all, I'd be old)) Basically I'd act like any other sleeper, until we stood a chance of achieving something, until we had what we needed to fight back.

In the mean time I will have taken advantage of that wonderful advanced technolgy and got rid of my Short Sightedness, after all when was the last time you saw someone with Glasses in the SW world?

I'd be one of the people for whom fighting might not be an option, I have no skills in that area but I have other skills, and maybe the most important would be simply keeping the ideals of freedom alive. I wouldn't role over and play nice, but I wouldn't be stupid either.
From a review of the two Towers.... 'As for Gimli being comic relief, what if your comic relief had a huge axe and fells dozens of Orcs? That's a pretty cool comic relief. '
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

I'd have to get together with a Hot Blonde, a Big Tough Strong Guy, a Wiseass, and a Token Black Guy, first.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

I'm tempted to think the Empire wouldn't care one bit for earth, and would just blow it up and take the galaxy's resources (or just ignore us, since we have no way of fighting them with our current level of technology).

On the other hand, the fact that there are genetically identical humans here in a totally different galaxy from their own, that might interest them enough to spare us (thanks for the idea Mike!). ; )
Grand Admiral Ancaris
Jedi Knight

Post by Grand Admiral Ancaris »

I would join the Empire (the Imperial Navy to be specific) and try to convince them to either release a Bio Weapon, BDZ, or outright destroy Earth.
Grand Admiral Ancaris

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege." --- Unknown

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Lumps, for they are always angry and never subtle." ---Dalton

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." ---Euripides
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

OK, no wonder people accuse you all of fanboy wanking all the time. Geez.

Seriously, the best approach would be political. I would play the good Imperial citizen, and take my time observing and getting used to their technology. I would order many, many electronic texts on their computer tech. I would check out what surveilance they have going on.

In the meantime, I arange with galactic suppliers to sell Earth cultural artifacts and media across the galaxy. Who knows? if even one thing from earth catche son, we could make trillions upon trillions of cred selling The Three Stooges.

With those funds in mind, i travel to Coruscant, and begin a quiet campaign of building up support amung influential Imperial officials. If I can subtly make it worth the while of some navy commanders, I may be able to get the planetary governer transferred and some near-retirement age officer posted instead.

He will, of course, be quite uninterested in bothering with actual administration, and the local beaurocrats - administered efficiently in Knoxville, TN, will take the lead.

Since they presumably want the earth for some strategic purpose, I suspect they will want to build a starbase. I will try to get it under local civilian control, with a sector governed exclusively by the Imperial Navy with their docks and facilities. The rest of the station will be essentially a tax-free zone. That way, citizens can get cheaper goods.

I use much of the remaining royalties funds to invest in a well-established galactic business, such as the commerce and banking guilds. That way, we attain some measure of economic influence, however small, over the sector. With luck, we can play a role like Britain, and while not directly challenging the Continental powers, tilt the key balance between competing factions.

If I can get myself elected to high office, bully for me and my plans. Honestly, an outright military resistance is futile. Fortunately, they will probably let us keep our government and so forth as long as we don't directly rebel, and I doubt the Empire will care much about sit-ins. They may not even notice. As long as you obey, they may simply not care what you protest the rest of the time.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Enforcer Talen wrote:
Admiral Johnason wrote:
Enforcer Talen wrote: working in a military is scarcely cowardice.

nay, I say.
why would they remove all the urban centers? an isd appears in orbit, every telescope in the planet goes haywire, and they need only fire a warning shot. a new glowing crater that can fit a city will most definitly persuade a surrender - and, rarely does the empire slaughter billions of potential tax payers on the first go around.

I expect someone will claim alderaan - that, of course, will likely happen if one our snipes takes out a grand moff. no, much easier to sign up and maintain the life of humanity.
I see your point. I was only thinking of a post-apoloptic situation.

HAB submarine commander-
Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot
Jedi Knight

Post by Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot »

Join the Imperial Navy, then find a way to jump ship and link up with the Rebellion.
Titan Princeps of the Mecha Maniacs: Gloriam Imperator
"StarDestroyer.net: Even our idiots are smarter." - RedImperator
"A Terminator Space Marine. Also known as your worst nightmare." Stormbringer
"Know the ECM. Love the ECM. Cherish the ECM, for it jams thine enemys targeting."- Necronlord
HALOite, Robotech/Macross supporter, 40Ker, and part-time Warsie.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot wrote:Join the Imperial Navy, then find a way to jump ship and link up with the Rebellion.
Help steal a few ISDs or an SSD along the way. :P
What's her bust size!?

Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Post by Steven Snyder »

Join the glorious Imperial Military and help the Emperor wipe the rebels out and bring about an end to this destructive conflict.
Jedi Knight

Shinova wrote:
Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot wrote:Join the Imperial Navy, then find a way to jump ship and link up with the Rebellion.
Good idea actually.

Ammendment:
Copy command codes for several ISDs and if possible SSDs before jumping ship.
"Know the ECM. Love the ECM. Cherish the ECM, for it jams thine enemys targeting."- Necronlord
Enricko
Padawan Learner

Post by Enricko »

Apply to a file clerk job in the local droid factory. When I'll have enough credits, buy that shiny new Mobquet speeder with the black and gold paint job and do high speed joy-rides above the St-Laurent...
"We don't suspend disbelief, we hang it until it's dead!"
Major Cam Corder, Sevgates Cartoon Strip

MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

Smiling Bandit wrote:OK, no wonder people accuse you all of fanboy wanking all the time. Geez.

Seriously, the best approach would be political. I would play the good Imperial citizen, and take my time observing and getting used to their technology. I would order many, many electronic texts on their computer tech. I would check out what surveilance they have going on.

In the meantime, I arange with galactic suppliers to sell Earth cultural artifacts and media across the galaxy. Who knows? if even one thing from earth catche son, we could make trillions upon trillions of cred selling The Three Stooges.

With those funds in mind, i travel to Coruscant, and begin a quiet campaign of building up support amung influential Imperial officials. If I can subtly make it worth the while of some navy commanders, I may be able to get the planetary governer transferred and some near-retirement age officer posted instead.

He will, of course, be quite uninterested in bothering with actual administration, and the local beaurocrats - administered efficiently in Knoxville, TN, will take the lead.

Since they presumably want the earth for some strategic purpose, I suspect they will want to build a starbase. I will try to get it under local civilian control, with a sector governed exclusively by the Imperial Navy with their docks and facilities. The rest of the station will be essentially a tax-free zone. That way, citizens can get cheaper goods.

I use much of the remaining royalties funds to invest in a well-established galactic business, such as the commerce and banking guilds. That way, we attain some measure of economic influence, however small, over the sector. With luck, we can play a role like Britain, and while not directly challenging the Continental powers, tilt the key balance between competing factions.

If I can get myself elected to high office, bully for me and my plans. Honestly, an outright military resistance is futile. Fortunately, they will probably let us keep our government and so forth as long as we don't directly rebel, and I doubt the Empire will care much about sit-ins. They may not even notice. As long as you obey, they may simply not care what you protest the rest of the time.
rather decent plan. 8)
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Smiling Bandit wrote:directly rebel, and I doubt the Empire will care much about sit-ins.
*CoughCough Ghorman massacre CoughCough*
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Skelron
Jedi Master

Post by Skelron »

Darksider wrote:
Smiling Bandit wrote:directly rebel, and I doubt the Empire will care much about sit-ins.
That was the one where Tarkin ordered his Shuttle to be landed on top of a group of peaceful protestor's or something wasn't it?
From a review of the two Towers.... 'As for Gimli being comic relief, what if your comic relief had a huge axe and fells dozens of Orcs? That's a pretty cool comic relief. '
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Skelron wrote:
Darksider wrote:
That was the one where Tarkin ordered his Shuttle to be landed on top of a group of peaceful protestor's or something wasn't it?
I belive it was a warship.

Possibly a VSD
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot wrote:
Shinova wrote:
Good idea actually.

Ammendment:
You forgot toi leave a happy case of smallpox at the largest transportation center.

HAB submarine commander-
Skelron
Jedi Master

Post by Skelron »

Darksider wrote:I belive it was a warship.

Possibly a VSD
Ouch... oh well at least it was quick. :twisted:
Jedi Knight

Admiral Johnason wrote:
Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot wrote:
Shinova wrote: Help steal a few ISDs or an SSD along the way. :P
Good idea actually.

Ammendment:
You forgot toi leave a happy case of smallpox at the largest transportation center.
Nah, their medical technology could probably handle that, and I don't want them to have any ammo for calling the Alliance terrorists.