Fatass may lose his Oscar

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Hamel wrote: Kids being allowed to bring firearms to school = many dead kids
Funny thing that, where the fuck were the schoolyard massacres by
crazed snipers using their hunting rifles in the 50s and 60s? Oh that's
right, there weren't any :twisted:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Hamel wrote:
And this is evil how? Who the fuck cares if they have a deer rifle in their
trunk to go hunting deer with after school hours?
Kids being allowed to bring firearms to school = many dead kids
Your effect doesn't follow logically from the cause...
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

MKSheppard wrote:
Hamel wrote: Kids being allowed to bring firearms to school = many dead kids
Funny thing that, where the fuck were the schoolyard massacres by
crazed snipers using their hunting rifles in the 50s and 60s? Oh that's
right, there weren't any :twisted:
Kids in the 50s didn't kill each other over Starters and Air Jordans, either
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Hamel wrote: Kids in the 50s didn't kill each other over Starters and Air Jordans, either
I suppose you don't know the effect that Hunting season has on many schools
south of the Mason-Dixon line or in the wilderness states?
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

Beowulf wrote:
Hamel wrote:
And this is evil how? Who the fuck cares if they have a deer rifle in their
trunk to go hunting deer with after school hours?
Kids being allowed to bring firearms to school = many dead kids
Your effect doesn't follow logically from the cause...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you seriously suggesting that there WON'T be mass shootings all over the country if they start bringing guns to school? :lol:
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

MKSheppard wrote:
Hamel wrote: Kids in the 50s didn't kill each other over Starters and Air Jordans, either
I suppose you don't know the effect that Hunting season has on many schools
south of the Mason-Dixon line or in the wilderness states?
I don't care about the hunting season or other bullshit. I care about the reality of what this will bring.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Hamel wrote: I don't care about the hunting season or other bullshit. I care about the reality of what this will bring.
You're stupider than I thought. Come hunting season south of the Mason
Dixon line, and in the wilderness states like wisconscin, montana, etc,
high schoolers trucks fill up with gunracks, camouflage, and half the
damn school population goes and plays hooky anyway, and the other
half is carting around firepower in their cars to get in some hunting
after school, and the schools don't distengrate in an orgy of violent
shootings :roll:

Now, if you're saying certain people who live in the cities and have
a certain skin tone can't be trusted to responsibly handle weapons,
I totally agree with you :twisted:

Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

You're stupider than I thought. Come hunting season south of the Mason
Dixon line, and in the wilderness states like wisconscin, montana, etc,
high schoolers trucks fill up with gunracks, camouflage, and half the
damn school population goes and plays hooky anyway, and the other
half is carting around firepower in their cars to get in some hunting
after school, and the schools don't distengrate in an orgy of violent
shootings :roll:
They're morons for skipping school. I don't see how this amounts to anything more than "hyuck hyuck hyuck".
Now, if you're saying certain people who live in the cities and have
a certain skin tone can't be trusted to responsibly handle weapons,
I totally agree with you :twisted:
Not just the inner cities. Suburbs and elsewhere would share the same fate.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Hamel wrote: They're morons for skipping school. I don't see how this amounts to anything more than "hyuck hyuck hyuck".
I'd love to see you say that in Southern Virginia / Western Maryland :twisted:
Not just the inner cities. Suburbs and elsewhere would share the same fate.
Actually, suburbs don't have large homogeneous masses of young males
of a certain skin tone walking with their pants halfway down their asses
and a 9mm in their crotch :twisted:

Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

I'd love to see you say that in Southern Virginia / Western Maryland :twisted:
~.~
Actually, suburbs don't have large homogeneous masses of young males
of a certain skin tone walking with their pants halfway down their asses
and a 9mm in their crotch :twisted:
Have you lived in the country all your life? The suburbs are bad enough.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Hamel wrote: Have you lived in the country all your life? The suburbs are bad enough.
yeah, I've lived in a suburb all my life and I don't see gangbangers,
just idiots with ricemobiles...

Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

MKSheppard wrote:
Hamel wrote: Have you lived in the country all your life? The suburbs are bad enough.
yeah, I've lived in a suburb all my life and I don't see gangbangers,
just idiots with ricemobiles...
They'll gun you down if you give them the chance ~.~
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Hamel wrote: They'll gun you down if you give them the chance ~.~
With what? They've spent all their money on Gold Plated Honda
Emblems on their japmobiles.

Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

MKSheppard wrote:
And they'll make more selling acid and shrooms.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Hamel wrote:
MKSheppard wrote:
And spend it on more parts for their cars.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

Beowulf wrote:
Hamel wrote:
MKSheppard wrote: With what? They've spent all their money on Gold Plated Honda
And spend it on more parts for their cars.
And sell more shrooms to make up for it.

The drug trade thrives among suburban teens
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Hamel wrote:And sell more shrooms to make up for it.

The drug trade thrives among suburban teens
There's a limit to how much you can sell before you either saturate the market or have the cops come after you.
Perinquus
Virus-X Wannabe

Post by Perinquus »

NapoleonGH wrote: Umm considering the fact that the NRA bought politicians in Utah are passing a law to allow students to bring CONCEALED weapons into schools and that the NRA supports this point of view basically is more than enough evidence to show that the NRA doesnt give a damn about the lives of anyone so long as they have the right to be the ones doing the killing. Anyone who supports an organization that has called for students to be ARMED, sickens me
Umm considering the fact that nowhere in the entire United States of America (including Utah) are school age kids legally permitted to buy a handgun or to obtain a concealed carry permit, I'd have to say you don't know what the fuck you're talking about dumbass. There is no bill to allow students to carry weapons in schools, stupid. There can't be, because these kids cannot legally obtain permits to carry them anywhere. The bill would allow holders of concealed weapons permits to carry into schools, which are currently off limits. Since you have to be 21 or over to obtain a permit, there is nothing that would permit students to carry. If you had bothered making even the slightest attempt to check on the facts of this bill, you would know this. But why bother to get your facts straight when you can just leap to characterize gun owners as a bunch of mindless, drooling goons who are happy to see kids get slaughtered "as long as they have the right to be the ones doing the killing".

Anyone who parrots mindless falsehoods, distortions, or half truths sickens me.
Justin
Redshirt

Post by Justin »

I used to be in general an anti-gun supporter until I saw a bumpersticker that said "Politcians prefer unarmed peasants". That's when I sat down and did some serious thinking and decided that the ammendment "The right to keep and bear arms" is a good one.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

NapoleonGH wrote:Umm considering the fact that the NRA bought politicians in Utah are passing a law to allow students to bring CONCEALED weapons into schools and that the NRA supports this point of view basically is more than enough evidence to show that the NRA doesnt give a damn about the lives of anyone so long as they have the right to be the ones doing the killing. Anyone who supports an organization that has called for students to be ARMED, sickens me
Hoser. Buy into the propagnda and don't even question the pablum poured into your brain. If the kids are allowed to bring concealed weapons to school, what are the criteria? These may be kids that are already past their 18th birthday and so have a legal right to get a concealed carry in RL anyway. This law would let the kids carry in school.

Do you know what a Concealed Carry requirment is? You have to have firearms training (hunter's course, military or police training-- exactly what the gun liscence crowd want to make all gun owners go through). You then have a background check performed on you by the FBI. Again, this is in step with what the gun restriction crowd usually touts as a requirement before having a gun.

You also just assume that the NRA doesn't care about people (especially kids) getting killed. The NRA (and other organizations, including law enforcement orgs) feels that if people are unarmed they will be helpless before an armed attacker-- since it is accepted as fact that a criminal will get a gun regardless of what laws are passed because *shock and horror* criminals tend not to follow the law.

The NRA is one of many orgs that feels that the best way to deter crime is to allow people to defend themselves-- the cops have no obligation to save any particular person and tend to show up only after something has happened and they are called.

Did you actually KNOW any of this before you posted?
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Well, hell, *I* didn't know-- thank's, Perinquus, for straightening me out. I had forgotten that a person had to be over 21 to get a CCP. I got mine when I was 25 so it made no difference.

Hamel, you seem to think that the mere existance of guns will automatically spark an irrevocable and unavoidable spiral into nonstop butchery and bloodletting. Care to back that up?

Bear in mind there are 80 million or so gun owners in he country, and about 250 million guns. That leaves 200 million totally unarmed people that can do nothing in the face of an onslaught.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

Justin wrote:I used to be in general an anti-gun supporter until I saw a bumpersticker that said "Politcians prefer unarmed peasants". That's when I sat down and did some serious thinking and decided that the ammendment "The right to keep and bear arms" is a good one.
Yes, because as the right-wingers say, it guarantees all of the other rights. Just look at how widespread pre-war private gun ownership in Iraq prevented Saddam Hussein from violating the rights of his people ...
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

"I do not believe Russian Roulette is a stupid act" - Embracer of Darkness

"Viagra commercials appear to save lives" - tharkûn on US health care.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/RantMode/Blurbs.html
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

Coyote wrote:Well, hell, *I* didn't know-- thank's, Perinquus, for straightening me out. I had forgotten that a person had to be over 21 to get a CCP. I got mine when I was 25 so it made no difference.

Hamel, you seem to think that the mere existance of guns will automatically spark an irrevocable and unavoidable spiral into nonstop butchery and bloodletting. Care to back that up?

Bear in mind there are 80 million or so gun owners in he country, and about 250 million guns. That leaves 200 million totally unarmed people that can do nothing in the face of an onslaught.
Do you support the idea of children taking firearms to school with them?

Yes or no.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Hamel wrote:Do you support the idea of children taking firearms to school with them?

Yes or no.
Nope.
Image Image
NapoleonGH
Jedi Master

Post by NapoleonGH »

Yes there ARE school age kids who can buy guns and carry them concealed legally, they are called "Seniors" in high school who are over the age of 18, ever heard of them?

Furthermore where do you think the columbine kids got their guns? they bought them from a gun show.

Coyote:
Ohh so now you are going back to the "criminals will always get guns" agrugment ehh? Well good thing that has been shown to be half bullshit across the pond in the good ole UK. See they made guns illegal right? and in a population a fifth the size of the US they had under 100 people dying by gunshot in any of the recent years, the US = over 10,000. So I think it can be clearly shown that even if the criminals GET the guns, they wont be using them.

And I am appaled that the BLATANT bigotry, predjudice, and racism that just was spewed from Sheppard. If that kind of racism doest deserve to go to the hall of shame, i iknow not what does. Anyone who supports such views does not be deserved to be listened to and should be told to f*ck off. Need I remind you that almost every one of the recent news worthy school shootings came from suburban communities, many your precious south

(ohh and BTW all acid is not that prevelent in at least some affluent suburban areas, it is rare as gold in many and sold at highly inflated prices)
Festina Lente
My shoes are too tight and I've forgotten how to dance