SW vs. ST fic "Thirty Years Warning"

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

This one.

You are telling me none of you made the connection?
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

Well I don't see anything tragic about this becoz I'm waiting for the next chapter of this fic and have never read the other fic :P
Busily picking nuggets out of my well-greased ass.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Don't make me reprogram your computer to transmit 'The True Rebellion' directly into your brain. Because if I learn how to do that, then it will be easier to take over the world than not, and the responsibility would piss me off, and I'd have to abdicate and leave you in charge with a bomb in your brain set to go off if you tried to abdicate or mess with me, and who knows where that would lead to. :wink:
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Chapter 6: "That's no moon"

The Imperial Fleet rapidly approached Ceres base, completely unopposed. Tensions were still running high, who could guess what sort of bizzarre opponent would next appear to casually expend themselves against the Imperial battleline.

Ceres Base, one of Starfleet's main installations, was originally just a source of raw materials. Years later, it was used as a storage point, and for testing that needed to be isolated. Eventually, it sheltered the vast majority of the mothball fleet, long since withdrawn and thrown against the Galactic Empire. As soon as Starfleet Command became aware of the imminent invasion, it was converted to a primary industrial point. Partially this was because of the vast resources still within the rock, and its proximity to the remainder of the asteroid belt's raw materials. The location was also chosen because it wasn't nearly as deep within the Sun's gravity well as other potential sites. But mainly, it was because no one wanted the primary torpedo production facility of Starfleet to be anywhere near their homes. As the Imperial fleet reached the magic distance of 200 million klicks, computers aboard the deserted monolith took note, and executed their preset programs.

On board the Scrambler class communications cruiser Jam Session , the real time tactical display began to distort as Ceres literally ruptured at the seams. The outer covering of rock disintegrated, revealing a mostly hollow interior. Hollow, except for the innumerable torpedos that oriented instantly upon the Imperial fleet.

*Omega One, now, and all ships brace for impact.* Admiral Netos ordered.

Imperial ships have highly capable, mission adaptable shields. One of the most neglected features is the potential for their field of coverage to be expanded, as this normally serves no useful purpose in a combat situation. The computers on board ship however, forgot nothing, and upon receiving the coded signal, the Imperial screening force immediately adjusted their shields, so as to create a series of gigantic hemispheres in front of the main fleet.

The first torrents of warheads crashed upon their shields, and while the shields were nowhere near as resilient as normal, the perfect synchronization of attack meant that far more missiles were intercepted than normally could have been achieved. The outer shell of picket ships died in moments, as following tidal waves of torpedos smashed into the lines behind them. The screen behind them fared just as poorly, as did the formation beyond that. The destruction then slowed, as the heavier screening ships lasted slightly longer before succumbing. Still, following salvos washed over the picket ships, finally stopping a bare two lines before the first Imperator formation.

*Sir, scanners report upwards of- sixty billion individual torpedos fired* a rating reported in an awestruck voice, swallowing nervously before continuing: *losses of over fifty thousand frigates sir*.

Admiral Netos sat perfectly still for several endless seconds, before stating into the network in a far-away voice *Bring up reserve forces to compensate, and prepare for immediate usage of 'Shock and Awe' tactics*

*Sir, our reserves don't have enough ships to provide the psychological warfare effect you have been employing, not without delaying operations for at least several days, the best we can manage is a hundred thousand without stripping other areas*

*Bring up everthing immediately available then, and have our 'Shock' units prepared for immediate deployment on every space platform, Mars, and Earth' moons, and set course for Earth*

<Admiral, you know perfectly well that your 'Shock' tactics are in violation of the Emperor's orders, he will not take this lightly> Darth Wylde quietly noted in the back of Netos's mind.

<I don't care> Netos replied stonily.

<Admiral, listen to me->.

<No, you listen dammit. So far, I've lost over 15 million good men to this Sith-forsaken little shithole, and any of your other commanders would have added 200 million more. I'll conquer these people, but on my terms. If he feels like killing me at the end of this, he can, and may whatever dark gods he believes in help him with the next wormhole he sends an expedition through, because I certainly won't be around to.>.

*Sir, shock units are ready for deployment on your command* the rating reported, oblivious to the argument going on within Netos's head

*Execute*

In Starfleet Command, the atmosphere was almost jubilant. Incredible damage has been dealt to the invaders, and human casualties were almost nonexistent. Suddenly, several hundred Imperial ships vanished into hyperspace. Almost simultaneously, proximity alarms went off, and all of the status codes for fixed Starfleet presence off of Earth itself flashed red.

"Endgame gentlemen" Jellico said as the reports of destroyed installations began to pour in.

*Complete success sir! Every orbital platform they have is just gone. Their fourth planet is covered by an enormous firstorm, and eveything on the surface seems to be flattened. Both of Earth's moons have been hit hard, in fact, the second one seems to have shattered. No trace of their mobile forces, but-*

*Hold Report. Focus all sensors on the remains of the second moon, and call up the archives of this system we retrieved from those Vulcans.

The display went out of focus for a second, before showing a highly magnified display of the cloud of rubble, where a vast object could be seen moving quite clearly. Beams lashed out from the vast monstrosity, dragging the debris around it into an opening on one end. Within seconds, its former shell was gone, and it turned its attention upon Earth's original moon, swiftly devouring it as well.

*Sir, whatever that thing is, its over two hundred and fifty kilometers long. Even so, it shouldn't be to great of a threat given this galaxies retarded technological state.*

Another rating reported, *Sir, according to the recent Vulcan records, everything checks out, but as soon as they dig back more than twenty years... Sir, according to this the Earth only has one moon*

The first to report stood shocked for an instant, before saying:*sir, according to readings, the vessel's hull is completely composed of degenerate matter, their best guess is solid neutronium*

Admiral Netos watched the screen for a second, as the leviathan warped to Mars far faster than any of Starfleet's vessels could manage, and began carving up the planet. He then transmitted resignedly *All ships alter course for that thing, and-* he paused for a second, visibly startled, as a giant flaming bird, with a wingspan nearly as wide as the planet it had been coccooned in, broke free of Mars's remnants, and warped out of the system. he continued *and get me some kriffing painkillers*.

tbc...

Well, What am I doing wrong?
What, if anything am I doing right?

In case it isn't obvious, speech surrounded by * * is communication directly through the Imperial tactical computer network, and < > is for telepathy.

Next chapter will be this weekend, honest, maybe sooner if the Writer's guild actually gives me feedback this time.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

consequences wrote:Tragically, due to a half-assed decision on my part, this fic is now in the same time-line as the last one, and kind of has to be completed first.
We apologise for the inconvenience. :oops:
You mean adding in Lt. Iruled, perhaps?

EDIT:

Quit complaining. I'
ve posted stuff and recieved zero comments. I know it sucks, but suck it up and deal. I know I did. I didn't post a single piece of writing for half a year. Then, when that didn't recieve any comments, I didn't post abnother piece for half a year.

Now, I'm trying again, and I've recieved... *checks thread* ONE comment, askin for clarification on something.

Ah, the joys of writing...

Anyways! Your creative use of tactics and technology have made your fanfics both amusing and intresting. Keep up the good writing.
Last edited by Singular Quartet on 2003-06-21 12:02am, edited 1 time in total.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

No, there is actually an intricate web connecting the two now, if only in my mind. I'm not going to claim that things are going to make a lot more sense, but they should certainly get more interesting.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

consequences wrote:No, there is actually an intricate web connecting the two now, if only in my mind. I'm not going to claim that things are going to make a lot more sense, but they should certainly get more interesting.
*Shruggs*

Hey, its your descision.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Besides, I know I can finish this one, the True Rebellion promises to get truly lengthy if I don't just arbitrarily cut it off.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

consequences wrote:Besides, I know I can finish this one, the True Rebellion promises to get truly lengthy if I don't just arbitrarily cut it off.
True enough. The Treu REbellion could, if you tried, turn into a complete replacement of the original trilogy...

That's far to much writing...
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Chapter 7: "If you can't beat 'em-"

While a medical droid administered high level pain-killers, Admiral Netos considered the situation. After nearly ten subjective minutes of thought, during which the last of Mars was devoured, he broke his silence, ordering *Evacuate all crew off of the two hundred Imperators with the worst efficiency ratings, as well as the Earthquake, Avalanche, Arrogant, Disdain, and Reciprocity . Slave those ships to my command immediately. Deploy the fleet to engage that thing with maximum firepower, spare nothing.*

The Imperial fleet spread itself over a wider area, which grew even more as another hundred thousand frigates caused their ranks to swell once more. The fleet soon reached its range of the leviathan, and immediately began to pour all of its insane destructive force into it. Under this titanic hammer, a planet would begin to lose cohesion in minutes as the energy forced into it overwhelmed its gravitational attraction, the current target didn't even begin to warm detectably for several seconds. Nor was the monstrosity quiet under this incessant barrage, as it lashed out with its own beams at five hundred targets simultaneously.

*Report* Admiral Netos demanded.

*Sir, its some sort of concentrated beam of pure anti-protons, projected with tremendous force, but insufficient to penetrate our shielding, so- Holy Rancor buggered Mynock!* the officer exclaimed as explosions of various transports erupted against the targeted ships' shields, causing them to momentarily flicker. This was immediately followed by the evisceration of the stricken warships, the anti-proton beam might have no effect upon the neutronium latticework impregnating Imperial hulls, but the rest of the frigates tore themselves apart in short order. The gigantic ship immediately targeted the same number of ships again, all of which died a few seconds later. The process fell into this pattern, while Imperial sensor officers watched the ambient temperature of the beast rise by at most a degree for every Sector Groups ship count lost.

*Resonance pattern one, execute* Netos snarled as he glared hatefully at the mocking display of the target, still not noticeably affected by the truly ludicrous energy pumped into it.

The vast majority of the fleet continued its barrage unabated, as three thousand frigates crashed against a score of broad areas of armor. These were followed precisely a second later, by two hundred Imperators impacting in a smaller circle within that described by the initial impacts. Two seconds later, the Shockwave heavy cruisers Earthquake and Avalanche , as well as the Superior heavy cruisers Arrogant and Disdain expended themselves in a diamond pattern near the center of the expanding debris fields. Exactly one second after that, the Vengeance Battlecruiser Reciprocity cored into the center of the pattern. Neutronium, while immensely tough, still transmits shock waves through its surface, although it takes an unimaginable force to have a substantial effect on a solid neutronium structure. Still, precisely timed and coordinated impacts would have an exponential effect, a principle clearly demonstrated if you have ever seen a group of idiots who won't break step while marching across a bridge. So it was that the impact of the Reciprocity caused an immense section of hull to flex inwards, breaking free of its larger whole, and tearing into the interior of the Juggernaut. The Imperial Fleet was quick to capitalise on this advantage, firing all available batteries into the gap, and gleefully launching more unmanned frigates to their doom.

The crippled giant bore this punishment for only a few moments, before vanishing in a titanic explosion.

*Bullshit* Netos observed *Where the hell is it people, and how badly were we hit. And while we're at it, how in the name of Klono's titanium testicles was that thing able to sit in orbit of a planet it outmassed like that, and why couldn't we detect the trick*

*Sir, we are reading large fragments that match the composition of that thing, but not nearly enough to account for the mass that would remain, even after that detonation. No trace of it on any sensors, No gravity shadow present, and no distortions consistent with its known ftl drives. There was an immense energy surge just before it went, that we have zero frame of refernce on sir, whatever they did, its beyond our ability to analyse here. Relatively light casualties this time, it took out eight thousand frigates on its own, and we ended up throwing four thousand more at it. Those, the two hundred Imperators, and the five cruisers are our total losses for this engagement. As far as we can tell sir, they used some variant of the 'Mass-lightening' trick they use for their normal ships to both conceal its nature, and avoid overly disrupting their planet.*

*Right. Set course for Terra, its time to end this.*

tbc...

For those of you who need to purchase a clue, this was the Planet-killer Mk. 2 from Peter David's 'Vendetta', interpreted my way.
And Singular quartet, its worse than that, I have half formed thoughts for all sorts of crap after the OT.
Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot
Jedi Knight

Post by Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot »

Cool pair of updates.
Titan Princeps of the Mecha Maniacs: Gloriam Imperator
"StarDestroyer.net: Even our idiots are smarter." - RedImperator
"A Terminator Space Marine. Also known as your worst nightmare." Stormbringer
"Know the ECM. Love the ECM. Cherish the ECM, for it jams thine enemys targeting."- Necronlord
HALOite, Robotech/Macross supporter, 40Ker, and part-time Warsie.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

fuckit, let's try for three, I can always blame sleep dep later(aren't 24 hour duty shifts fun?)
Chapter 7b: "-Cheat"

The Imperial fleet rapidly approached Terra, hoping that once the planet was under their guns, the insanity might end. The entire Shuriken force, nearly fifty thousand strong was waiting for them, constantly in motion to avoid the destruction that had swept away Starfleet's fixed defenses. As they waited, they launched continuous streams of torpedos to wait quietly in orbit of Earth. Also visible in orbit were twenty thousand remaining civilian craft of assorted types, waiting to be expended. From bases on Earth, swarms of fighters rose, more to give the Imperials more targets than in any expectation of inflicting appreciable damage.

The torpedos and suicide craft moved to engage their oncoming doom, leaping into warp as one gestalt being. As they arrived, swarms of thousands of pathetically small organic looking craft appeared around the Imperial formation. To the fleet's dismay, the torpedos went straight through their reinforced particle shielding with no resistance, smashing into the unprotected hulls. At the same time, more ships were being subjected to massed death dives, battering at their shields, and all to often at the hulls beneath. Meanwhile, the bioships unleashed beams at still more ships that had solely decided to defend against the oncoming horde. Incredibly, where the beams hit hull they caused the ships to rip apart easily, all out of proportion to the power that could be detected in the beams.

Tens of thousands of Imperial ships died, again confounded by inexplicable assaults, and overwhelmed by the sheer number of targets. Still, for every ship that died, there was at least one more to take its place. The bioships were casually wiped away by the fleets point defense batteries, and the Shurikens had had to empty their magazines to maximise surprise. The Shurikens then threw themselves forwards, maneuvering to evade fire with almost supernatural ability. Even so, they were small, and most of their volume was dedicated to torpedo storage, now empty. Ten or more would kill themselves to remove the shields on a frigate, allowing still more ships to capitalise on the momentary weakness, to crash through into their targets. At last, the space around Earth was clear of targets.

*Well, that's that. Prepare the first invasion waves* Netos sighed with relief.

<Not so Admiral, the worst has yet to strike. I don't know how or from where, but you must remain vigilant> Darth Wylde practically shouted into his skull.

*All ships, maximise sensor sweeps, report anything anomalous, no matter how minor or vague.*

Reports began to flood in: *Sir, there are numerous gravity signatures approaching our fleet, but we can't see anything*

*Begin continuous area bombardment, and make sure the frigates are screening our battle line.*

The fleet began to fill the area with fire, but nothing was hit, all of the vast firepower simply faded into the distance. *Sir, the computers on the frigates are reporting that the mass readings are traveling right through them with no effect, they've been manuevering to intercept, even collide, but to no effect.*

The sight was almost comical, as the massed Imperial armada huddled together, frantically firing in all directions.

{Damnit} Netos thought {there has to be something, they still have mass, and have gravity, so} *Order all frigates to merge with one of the readings, increase its grav fields to max, and dump the safeties on the hypermatter and neutronium* he ordered.

Eighteen thousand frigates dashed inwards, then tore apart as they obeyed the commands they were sent. However, they didn't die in vain, as thousands of Starfleet vessels appeared briefly near, or occasionally within them before exploding themselves.

<Good, now to take care of the force that thinks they are going to assassinate you> Nemesis chuckled in the back of Netos's head.

Admiral Netos, having no desire to die pointlessly, a victim of one of Starfleet's obnoxious tricks, had set up a double relay system to maintain contact with the main body of the fleet. The main force communicated by subspace transmitters with the force of Scramblers holding position a light year away from the warzone. One of those ships continually maintained its shields down, acting as a Holocomm relay between the Admiral's ship, a dozen light years away, and the forces he was directing. Still, Starfleet had one more surprise to play, having traced the communications to the relay force, and detected the signals they were receiving from still farther out. It had taken time to trace them, and more time to manuever a force into position, but the trap was finally ready to be sprung, one last piece of revenge for the destruction of Starfleet. The force was small, a dozen phase cloaked vessels, but deemed more than sufficient.

Darth Wylde extended his senses out towards the oncoming ships. Options briefly flitted through his mind as he considered how to most efficiently eliminate the threat. Most Sith Lords, lacking subtlety or finesse, would simply attempt to tear apart their targets with a storm built of their rage, but Wylde considered such displays wasteful. Besides, such tricks could easily be effected against a single target, but a dozen in rapid succession would have far too great a chance of failure. Also, these ships were crewed, making it impossible to simply nudge the controls, forcing them into collisions with each other. Finally realising there was only one effecive way to get all of the attackers, Darth Wylde extended his will into the ships, altering the energy flow to diagnostics to make it appear that the inertial compensators would be engaged no matter what. Then he simply turned those compensators off.

The crews of the ships had no time to react, before they found themselves grease stains on the bulkheads. *All batteries hold fire* Darth Wylde sent through his headset, as he began the more delicate task of coaxing each ship out of phase-cloak without destroying it, while first fusing their communications systems, and deactivating their computers. One by one, a dozen ships appeared headed away from the Jam Session on outbound courses that had clearly gone straight through the ship.

tbc.....

Almost over now, its all done but the screaming and kicking.
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

*screams, kicks* :lol:
great stuff
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

JodoForce wrote:*screams, kicks* :lol:
great stuff
More like the fic is kicking and screaming...
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

And now for the screaming and kicking.

Epilogue 1: "Death before Dishonor"

Imperial forces rapidly made landings, sending in expendable waves of wardroids to clear out resistance. Any enemy concentration away from civilian targets were ruthlessly destroyed. any concentration intermixed with civilian targets was hit with precision support fire before the droids rolled over defenses. Briefly, the defenders made some inroads by unleashing Nanites in record quantities, but as soon as the threat was recocgnised, the Empire began conducting repeated EMP bombardments of the planets surface, effectively neutralising the danger. More than once, defenders expended themselves with a nuclear or antimatter bomb to destroy the forces assaulting them, the follow-up waves simply adjusted their target lists accordingly and proceeded to their next objectives.

Within Starfleet HQ, hidden at the bottom of the Marianas trench, Admiral Jellico watched as his defenders positions vanished from the board with depressing speed, as the area controlled by the Galactic Empire expanded across the planet. He let out a breath, and said:"Computer, code Omega 1 Sigma Epsilon. The Preparation code is Armageddon. The Activation code is Apocalypse. The Go code is Ragnarok".

"Confirmed. Initiation parameters?" The computer replied.

"Immediate execution upon recognising the final trigger"

"Confirmed".

"Now open a channel to the Imperial forces"

Soon, the signal was bumped up to Admiral Netos, who received the transmission with a solemn expression, "I presume you are at last willing to end this?"

Admiral Jellico smiled slightly before replying, "Yes, I have our official response to your unending surrender demands. 'Screw Your Canoe'"

The transmission cut off instantly as an energy wave swept across the planet. Simultaneously, a chain reaction began in Earth's sun, while similar waves to the one that tore across the Earth formed on the other celestial bodies of the system. The Earth seemed to contract in on itself briefly, before ripping apart in an immense explosion, tearing apart the transports that had been holding position nearby. A moment later, the other planets and moons still present detonated as well, at the same time the Sun began to contract in on itself.

*All ships get out of there now.* Netos ordered, quite needlessly, as the Imperial fleet was already turning to flee. Fortunately for them, the eight minute lead time they had was sufficient to reach positions they could jump to hyperspace from, even with the newly formed debris clouds complicating navigations.

A few hours later, no trace at all remained of the Earth, or the battles that had been fought near it so recently.

Epilogue 2 "Final Report"

Admiral Netos strode into the Emperor's Audience Chamber on Coruscant, placing the datapad in the hands of a courtier before stopping at the position of attention directly in front of the Emperor's withered body.

"My final report on the Expedition Milord Emperor."

"And?"

"I am convinced that the resistance to your rule there is not done with. 'The Beast' for one is certain to be at large somehow. I've included an analysis of everything we've learned from the campaign. I've forwarded suggestions for utilising the 'phase domain' as a means of projecting energy to prevent local hyperspace travel, and a modified Imperator design, which will prove more useful against lesser opponents, and more survivable in general. Also, I have submitted a basic analysis of the force needed to guarantee 'The Beast's' destruction. More importantly however, I have identified trendswithin the structure of your military apparatus, that leave you intensely vulnerable to a properly waged rebellion. With your permission, I would like to turn my efforts to securing our new holdings, guarding the other wormholes, and working to correct the deficiencies currently present in your power structure."

"Very well, we will discuss this more later Admiral, dismissed"

Epilogue three: "In it for the long haul"

"Right, you all know the plan. There is to be no active or passive resistance to the Galactic Empire, we have to learn from them before we can fight them. With the detonation of Omega molecules throughout the galaxy, warp travel is impossible, so they will have to bring in their own transports, and eventually give us their propulsion technology if they want to maintain their pretense of benevolent rule. Simply pass the information you gain through the proper channels, and we'll be sure to win in the end."

Epilogue four: "The Last Redoubt"

The interior of the Dyson sphere swarmed with activity. Borg factory modules, Jemhaddar cloning facilities, and the transplanted industrial might of Earth and the Dominion's once-mighty domains sprawled through out the space, along with the assembled fleets of vessels that could be conveniently lost to find their way inside before the end. Dwarfing everything but the exterior shell itself, the Planetkiller mk. 2, dubbed 'The Beast' by the Galactic Empire, slowly worked at rebuilding its ravaged hull.

"It's very simple," A young, fit Admiral Jellico addressed the assembled Admiralty, "We need to be able to reproduce their technology before we can take the fight to them. We have deliberately held back a number of our technologies, to prevent them from having counters prepared when we are ready to take the fight to them. We must be patient, If we lead them here, our cause is lost" {well, not quite he thought to himself}.

Epilogue five: "Through the Looking Glass"

"That's correct, they were completely unprepared. We have already replaced the majority of the important figures here, and our operations to duplicate the control we achieved over the Dominion and the Borg in our own universe are underway. When the time is right we will be ready to strike, whether those we left behind are still alive to join us or not. Hail the Empire!"

Finis.

Next time on hack fanfic writer theatre, the long awaited/dreaded update to 'The True Rebellion'
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

*suddenly notes the topic review on the top instead of the bottom*

odd...

Anyways:

"Screw your Canoe" seems an odd phrase to use in that situation, but I suppose it was picked to make sure that no one in their right mind would use it in normal conversation...
HRogge
Jedi Master

Post by HRogge »

Maybe...
but with the FOUR activation codes it was pretty unlikely to activate the "terra-selfdestruct" accidently... 8)

Hope we will hear again about this version of the Federation...
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

The Federation? Were you not paying attention to the last three words of the fic?
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

'Hail the Empire!'?

It just doesn't make sense. Any way I look at it the last paragraph sounds like Jellico defeating the Empire using the same control methods they used on the Dominion and the Borg to get them to help the Federation.

Or is this Jellico's Empire?
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Must have been way too subtle. Notice the lack of reference to the Federation throughout the whole thing? The fact that it was referred to as Starfleet or Earth at all times? The blatant disregard for life?
HRogge
Jedi Master

Post by HRogge »

Hmm... so Earth left the Federation to defend themself as some kind of Empire ? Maybe Starfleet command removed Earths government ? Similar to the DS9 episode on Earth ?
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Obviously was entirely too subtle. I know HappyTarget never has this problem(hint hint).
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Yes, you were to subtle with that, and it does explain a few things (Like actual brians in their heads (except for Janeway. Any incarnation of Janeway has no brain))

And HappyTarget never had that problem because he openly stated that he was doing a Mirror, Mirror AU fic.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Yes, well, it was intended as a relative surprise, I just wasn't expecting the last line to be misinterpreted, especially with the Through the looking glass reference. *sigh*

Quick author's notes:
In this AU, the Dominion and the Empire of Earth were stalemated at the wormhole, neither side being able to get through the battlelines of the other. The dominion eventually infiltrated some changelings in the wreckage of ships lost in scouting attempts, but the Empire o' Earth being extremely paranoid, was able to locate some of them, infect them with an uber-sleeper virus, and let them carry it back to the Great Link. At this point, the changelings were given the choice of working for Earth, or dying, and letting Starfleet pick up the wreckage after their empire collapsed upon the death of their gods.

The Borg, having been beaten back in the first incursion, in no small part due to the heroic efforts of Picard's crew to retrieve him from assimilation(he'd had the foresight to have all of his officers implanted with explosives that would go off if he was missing for too long) were unprepared for the assault upon the collective through the backdoor present in Picard's mind. SF Intelligence cheerfully took Picard into protective custody, and used him to determine how the collective thinks. A clone of him was hastily reinstated into service to allay suspicions, with the memory gaps being explained as trauma left by his assimilation.

The Planet killer Mk2, or at least my take on it is adapted from Peter David's Vendetta, and will be the major impetus for the DS to be created, as it was deemed necessary to administer a death-blow to 'the beast' in one shot, before it could pull its escape trick again.

The giant flaming bird inhabiting Mars was the 'Great Bird of the Galaxy'(one of them anyway), from Peter David's New Frontiers series, lured to inhabit Mars by classified means.

The 'Mighty Morphin' Bioships' were located from captured Borg information, and assimilated using modified Borg Nanoprobes within days of the first invasion, as that tactic should be obvious to anyone with the brains of a pudding.

I was sick of the tractor beam beats phase cloak solution, and so decided to go a different route, as it might not be readily apparent that the Tractor beam gambit would work, also, the possibility of countermeasures from the target(venting a room full of debris into the path of the beam should do it) made the tactic sub-optimal when the entirety of the GE battleline was at risk.

Likewise, I wanted to go a different route with the Transphasics, and started with the assumption that they would not penetrate the Comprehensive Ray shielding employed by the GE, but should get through particle shields with no problem.
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

I don't really understand it at all, but that Earth-Empire is relly a fucked-up-the-ass-club. Let's hope, that the Galactic Empire will mope the gound with them at the end......