What is your phobia?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

What is your phobia?

Post by Trytostaydead »

Mine is arachnaphobia. I'm deathly afraid of them almost of the point I wonder whether I need psychiatric treatment. They're the only serious reason I dislike wilderness areas. I remember when I was canoing in Louisiana and we ran into some bushes. All these BIG multicolored spiders fell into our canoe and we were banging our oars around like mad killing them *shiivers*

Now as I was on my bed studying, a big ass spider started crawling up the wall next to my head *shiivers*
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

I have a serious phobia of water. But i don't let it get in my way of swimming in lakes and pools. Every time i do it though it takes me awhile to jump in the water.
Xenophobe3691
Sith Marauder

Post by Xenophobe3691 »

Being Alone/Abandoned. I FREAK when someone leaves me alone somewhere without telling me why...
Dark Heresy: Dance Macabre - Imperial Psyker Magnus Arterra

BoTM
Proud Decepticon

Post 666 Made on Fri Jul 04, 2003 @ 12:48 pm
Post 1337 made on Fri Aug 22, 2003 @ 9:18 am
Post 1492 Made on Fri Aug 29, 2003 @ 5:16 pm

Hail Xeno: Lord of Calculus -- Ace Pace
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Picking bugs dead/alive. Especially when they're dead because I always then think that if I pick them up they will come alive and move.....It's not really that bad if they're alive because I can pick them off of my body...well cause I want to get rid of them! but if anywhere else...COUNT ME OUT!!! That a phobia?~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I'm not real great with heights. I can cope fine, but they bug me. Unless I'm on an airplane; that doesn't bother me.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Severe vertigo to the point that I refuse to ride on certain amusement park rides and would not come out of a car when on top a paved street in a residential area on top of a mountain because I could see over it. That and worms/slugs..
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Heights and spiders only bother me a little. Not phobia material.

Depths on the other hand make me shiver.
「かかっ―」
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

Heights
Water
Being alone
Blindness
Dying
Not dying
delicious pies
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Needles... I HATE Needles.
RadiO
Jedi Knight

Post by RadiO »

The dark.
Well, no, that's not entirely true. I love the night, and darkness in general doesn't give me any problems. It's sleeping in the dark which gives me fucking problems. When you can't get to sleep and you're in a dark, featureless void... It's like sensory deprivation.
Whihc wouldn't be so bad, but... I have vivid nightmares and sometimes, when I wake up, there's that brief period of time where I'm neither fully awake nor asleep. And for a couple of seconds I'm still dreaming, and whatever it is I'm dreaming about is in the room with me. That shits me up, but if the lights are off... Shit. I've always slept under a dimmer switch. Yeah, it's pussyfied, but who's keeping score?
"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr I'm-My-Own-Grandpa! Let's get the hell out of here already! Screw history!" - Professor Farnsworth
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Height and sh sh sh shark.
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

OH yeah, I forgot that I have a phobia of being around lots of people.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Kelly Antilles wrote:Needles... I HATE Needles.
You and my wife both. If we are in a hospital and she see's a needle she will run outside
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

thecreech wrote: You and my wife both. If we are in a hospital and she see's a needle she will run outside
I won't even step in a hospital.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Kelly Antilles wrote:
thecreech wrote: You and my wife both. If we are in a hospital and she see's a needle she will run outside
I won't even step in a hospital.
I wish i could do the same but we have a kid. Whenever he has to get shots she leaves the room
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

thecreech wrote: I wish i could do the same but we have a kid. Whenever he has to get shots she leaves the room
I can't even watch the vet give my dog or ferrets shots.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Heights, bugs (especially bees, wasps, and spiders), and long and tall bridges.

And I also get extremely uncomfortable around lots of people, especially ones I don't know...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

I have no phobias aside from regular healthy fear. Well republicans are creepy, but I don't think they constitute a fear for me.
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Kelly Antilles wrote:OH yeah, I forgot that I have a phobia of being around lots of people.
That is ochlophobia (sp?).

I am mildly arachnophobic. That's about it.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote: And I also get extremely uncomfortable around lots of people, especially ones I don't know...

I used to be like that, but eventually my apathy overwhelmed it.
「かかっ―」
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote: And I also get extremely uncomfortable around lots of people, especially ones I don't know...
I've been known to forcibly push my way through a crowd to get out. I just get.... shaky when there are so many people around. Pretty bad that I really like sports.Must be why I've never been to a rock concert before.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Oh, poor dear...

*big hugs for Kelly*

I'm just uncomfortable. I think it's because I'm so shy and reserved.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I'm afraid of jumping into cold water, it gives you an unpleasant chill. Other than that, there isn't much I'm unusually afraid of.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

I, like FDR, have phobophobia.

Well, that and bees. :P
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Xenophobe3691
Sith Marauder

Post by Xenophobe3691 »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Heights, bugs (especially bees, wasps, and spiders), and long and tall bridges.

And I also get extremely uncomfortable around lots of people, especially ones I don't know...
lol, that's my one other phobia. Being Alone gets me jittery, being in groups of strangers destroys me, or even with one or two strangers. I didn't choose the SN Xenophobe for nothing...
Dark Heresy: Dance Macabre - Imperial Psyker Magnus Arterra

BoTM
Proud Decepticon

Post 666 Made on Fri Jul 04, 2003 @ 12:48 pm
Post 1337 made on Fri Aug 22, 2003 @ 9:18 am
Post 1492 Made on Fri Aug 29, 2003 @ 5:16 pm

Hail Xeno: Lord of Calculus -- Ace Pace