T-X VS the T-1000

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

T-X VS the T-1000

Post by Superman »

Who would win this one? I am going to go out on a limb and say that the T 1000 has a good chance. The T 1000 was virtually impossible to damage, while the T X can indeed be. I don't know. Maybe her arm weapon could hurt the T-1000.

What do you think?
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I haven't seen the film, but it's possible the T - X was the culmination of the T-1000 project, less ambitious, using a tried and tested endoskeleton inside to prevent the damages the T-1000 is vunerable to (namely the damage done in the T2 SE)
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

The T-X has a big fucking plasma death gun. Thats going to help. So is the flamethrower. The T-1000's lack of organic weaponry is going to hurt it.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

NecronLord wrote:I haven't seen the film, but it's possible the T - X was the culmination of the T-1000 project, less ambitious, using a tried and tested endoskeleton inside to prevent the damages the T-1000 is vunerable to (namely the damage done in the T2 SE)
It took A LOT to finally do some real damage to the T1000, so it may still have a pretty good chance of winning this one.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Shinova wrote:It took A LOT to finally do some real damage to the T1000, so it may still have a pretty good chance of winning this one.
But now that I think about it, The T-X has built-in weapons so it probably has a better chance.

But wasn't it made out of energy or something?
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Shinova wrote: It took A LOT to finally do some real damage to the T1000, so it may still have a pretty good chance of winning this one.
I know, I'm saying that Skynet may have decided that a slightly inferior endoskeletal design would be more reliable.

Though of course, the T-1000 can always turn into a rock and attack the T-X when she's not expecting it.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Shinova wrote:

But wasn't it made out of energy or something?
SpoilerThat doesn’t appear to be true, it gets smashed and broken in half in the movie and has one of its guns smashed hitting a truck before that. It's just an advanced endo skeleton covered in liquid metal to let it change its appearance
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Post by Steven Snyder »

NecronLord wrote:Though of course, the T-1000 can always turn into a rock and attack the T-X when she's not expecting it.
Okay your on a slippery slope here..

Why can't the T-X appear to be someone else? When you say that the T-1000 can identify the T-X, you open the door that the T-X can also see what the T-1000 for what it is, despite the form.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Steven Snyder wrote: Okay your on a slippery slope here..
Really

Why can't the T-X appear to be someone else?
Because in a Vs, it's assumed there's no one else around, thus it doesn't matter who it turns into, it's limited by it's endoskeletal shape.

When you say that the T-1000 can identify the T-X,
It's the only thing there. Even if it impersonates Abe Lincon or Mr Bean, it will still be the only other humanoid there.

you open the door that the T-X can also see what the T-1000 for what it is, despite the form.
Wrong. I never gave it any magical abilities whatsoever. They'd only be able to detect each other if they did something stupid, such as activate their skynet uplinks. (SM Sterling books)
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Arnold seemed to be able to readily identify the T-1000 in Terminator 2.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Howedar wrote:Arnold seemed to be able to readily identify the T-1000 in Terminator 2.
The T-800 sees in the infrared spectrum. The T-1000 would not appear the same as human flesh via infrared. Same goes for the T-X
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

NecronLord wrote:Though of course, the T-1000 can always turn into a rock and attack the T-X when she's not expecting it.
How would it defeat the sensors? In T1, Biehn turns on all the equipment in the factory to fool Arnold's sensors. I would think that the newest model would be able to detect that a giant rock is indeed a T1000.
The Prime Necromancer
Jedi Knight

Post by The Prime Necromancer »

I've been waiting for this thread. :D

Firstly, I haven't seen the movie yet. I would go into the review thread, but I hate spoilers. Seriously, is it worth watching? I would wait until I saw the movie to comment, but that may not be for awhile, if at all.

Now, on to the matter at hand.

As far as I know, the T-X is an advanced endoskeleton covered in the mimetic polyalloy. The primary advantage to this would be the concealed weapons. The primary disadvantages would be less flexibility with its transformations, as well as a far lesser capacity to repair damage. This however, assumes that the endoskeleton is only sligthly more advanced, and not some kind of massive leap in technology. The fact that in one of the previews we see the endoskeleton devoid of polyalloy could mean that it survived an attack that destroyed the alloy.
I haven't seen the film, but it's possible the T - X was the culmination of the T-1000 project, less ambitious, using a tried and tested endoskeleton inside to prevent the damages the T-1000 is vunerable to (namely the damage done in the T2 SE)
This site, claims that the T-1000 had to be made utterly autonomous because of its nature, and thus was a weapon of last resort, since Skynet feared that it could turn against it. If that is the case, it could explain the T-X: Skynet traded flexibility for reliability, and added a few new tricks to make up the difference. In any case, I don't see it as preventing the damage of T2 SE. The T-1000 was frozen by Liquid Nitrogen. A T-X in that situation would also have crumbled to pieces, but it wouldn't have gotten back up. Plus, the damage wasn't terrible. The T-1000 was still perfectly combat capable.
The T-X has a big fucking plasma death gun. Thats going to help. So is the flamethrower. The T-1000's lack of organic weaponry is going to hurt it.
The flamethrower is a nonissue. The T-1000 easily survived the tanker explosion in T2. The plasma gun on the other hand is (as far as I know) the sole weapon and advantage the T-X might have. According to this site, a T-1000 can take a pulse rifle blast to the head. I question its canonicity, however. Just how quickly the T-X can bring its weapon to bear, its firing rate, as well as its exact effects will determine the match.
The T-800 sees in the infrared spectrum. The T-1000 would not appear the same as human flesh via infrared. Same goes for the T-X
True. But only the T-X is limited to a human form. The T-1000 can go so far as to flatten itself onto the floor. Hiding as a nonliving material might fool the sensors where trying to hide as a living material would.

A companion comic to the movie depicts a T-X testing session. The unit takes on a "T-1002" in single combat and defeats it. Of course, I question the canonicity of this as well.

Until I get some hard information, my money would still be placed on the T-1000, if for no other reason than he's one of my favorite antagonists in one of my favorite movies. Yes, its fanboyism. So sue me. :P
The Prime Necromancer
Jedi Knight

Post by The Prime Necromancer »

Sorry, that first link doesn't work for some reason.

If at first you don't succeed...
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

The Prime Necromancer wrote:I've been waiting for this thread. :D

Firstly, I haven't seen the movie yet. I would go into the review thread, but I hate spoilers. Seriously, is it worth watching? I would wait until I saw the movie to comment, but that may not be for awhile, if at all.
Go see it now.
As far as I know, the T-X is an advanced endoskeleton covered in the mimetic polyalloy. The primary advantage to this would be the concealed weapons. The primary disadvantages would be less flexibility with its transformations, as well as a far lesser capacity to repair damage. This however, assumes that the endoskeleton is only sligthly more advanced, and not some kind of massive leap in technology. The fact that in one of the previews we see the endoskeleton devoid of polyalloy could mean that it survived an attack that destroyed the alloy.
A big kerosene fire from a helicopter crash
In any case, I don't see it as preventing the damage of T2 SE. The T-1000 was frozen by Liquid Nitrogen. A T-X in that situation would also have crumbled to pieces, but it wouldn't have gotten back up. Plus, the damage wasn't terrible. The T-1000 was still perfectly combat capable.
The T-X would probably have just broken through its mimetic polyalloy shell in that situation. It appeared to be considerably more durable than the T-800.
The flamethrower is a nonissue. The T-1000 easily survived the tanker explosion in T2.
Mimetic polyalloy apparently had some trouble with a hotter-burning fire in T3. The flamethrower wouldn't hurt, at any rate.
The plasma gun on the other hand is (as far as I know) the sole weapon and advantage the T-X might have. According to this site, a T-1000 can take a pulse rifle blast to the head. I question its canonicity, however. Just how quickly the T-X can bring its weapon to bear, its firing rate, as well as its exact effects will determine the match.
The big plasma death gun blew up several semis in one shot each, and one hit knocked the T-800 out of commission for several minutes.
True. But only the T-X is limited to a human form. The T-1000 can go so far as to flatten itself onto the floor. Hiding as a nonliving material might fool the sensors where trying to hide as a living material would.
This never fooled Arnold. It would not change the polyalloy's temperature, nor its other detectable aspects.
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Also, the T-1000 was a prototype. For whatever reason, maybe Skynet decided to never build one again.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Just so you know, the plasma gun and then the flamethrower aren't the only possible choices for weapons.

Plasma was the primary, and when she switched she cycled through a number of different alternatives.

I didn't get all of them, but there were quite a few.

Oh, and she does have the nano injectors.

If she can get close enough, and considering Arnie went hand to hand with the T1000, she can inject the T1000 with them.

The only question is whether they will affect something that is basically liquid metal.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

Post by Shadow WarChief »

I think you're all underestimating the durability of the T-X. It seems to survive a lot of the same damage the T-1000 suffered alot better than the T-1000 did

examples: Truck crashes:

T-X gets caught in a truck crash and gets right back up with no problem.
T-1000 gets caught in a crash and has to spend 10-15 seconds reconstituting itself

The T-X also seems to do better against bullets. While both T-800's and the T-1000 visibly jerk when shot, the T-X never flinched even when getting shot point blank from Sarah Connor's personal assault rifle cache.

The real advantage that the T-1000 has is that it can reconstitute itself as many times as it needs.

However, the fact that the T-1000 doesn't have any weapons except it's slashing/hacking/chopping weapons makes it almost usesless against the T-X

My reasoning? The T-1000 never even attempted to hack into the T-800, indicating that it thought such an attack would do insignifigant, or at least inconsequential, damage to the T-800. Since the T-X is designed to be an "anti-terminator terminator", it follows that she would have an endoskeleton at least equal in durability to that of the T-800.

So it's kinda a stalemate. The T-X keeps blasting the T-1000 but it keeps rebuilding itself. And the T-1000 can't really do an significant damage to the T-X.
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

Psh, you guys are taking this all from the WRONG angle.

The T-1000 morphs into the T-X's dream guy robot. They get hitched, and the T-1000 bitches the T-X for all eternity. 'Nuff said, T-1000 wins. Psh.. plasma cannons.. don't make me laugh ;-)
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Shadow WarChief wrote:
The T-X also seems to do better against bullets. While both T-800's and the T-1000 visibly jerk when shot, the T-X never flinched even when getting shot point blank from Sarah Connor's personal assault rifle cache.
The T-800 in the Terminator didn't flinch from assault rifle fire, only hits with shot guns, or fire onto its flank seemed to bother it.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

I think the throw-back problem of the t-1000 is one of the main reasons Skynet made the TX with an endoskelaton. That and the ability to carriy complex machinery.

According to the novel that plasma shot to the termie was equaled to 100 tons of tnt. It took alot less to render the 1000 helpless for a good bit of time (the grenade launcher).

And it took a rocket with a HEAT warhead (Said to able to penertate a foot of armored steel plate) to the arm and didn't really do much apperently.

Note: Haven't seen the movie yet. Just reading the novelazation.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

I'm pretty sure that Plasma cannon outdoes anything that's hit the T-1000, plus it's a thermal weapon so extra bonus there.

Then of course the above mentioned nano-injectors.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Darth_Shinji wrote:
According to the novel that plasma shot to the termie was equaled to 100 tons of tnt. It took alot less to render the 1000 helpless for a good bit of time (the grenade launcher).
The novel is clearly full of crap, such a blast would have disintegrated the T-800s clothing at the very least while in fact is didn't even burn through it at the point of impact.
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

SylasGaunt wrote:I'm pretty sure that Plasma cannon outdoes anything that's hit the T-1000, plus it's a thermal weapon so extra bonus there.
I haven't seen T3 yet (planning on it in the next few days) but is T-X's plasma cannon more impressive than standing next to an exploding tanker?--the exploding tanker of course delivering a shitload of thermal energy.
Then of course the above mentioned nano-injectors.
What effect would they have on liquid metal?
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Yet it charred the T-800's stomach flesh. Go figure.