T-X VS the T-1000

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:I haven't seen T3 yet (planning on it in the next few days) but is T-X's plasma cannon more impressive than standing next to an exploding tanker?--the exploding tanker of course delivering a shitload of thermal energy.
Blew a fire truck apart and blasted up the trailer on a second.. oh and it blew a T-800 quite a ways to when it went off.
What effect would they have on liquid metal?
The T-1000's got some kind of computer mechanism running it, so the nanos do their thing and reprogram the sucker.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

100 pounds excuse me. Running on fumes today. :)
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

NecronLord wrote:Though of course, the T-1000 can always turn into a rock and attack the T-X when she's not expecting it.
One problem with that through. It would have to be a large rock since any shape it took would have to be relative to the T-1000's own mass. Such an object would stick out like a sore thumb in most areas, making the T-1000 an easy target for the T-X.
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
Omega-13
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Post by Omega-13 »

The t-1000 is programmed at the molecular level, each molecule is part of the greater whole, not sure how the nano probes would do with that
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 99#1688299
Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Post by Steven Snyder »

NecronLord wrote:Because in a Vs, it's assumed there's no one else around, thus it doesn't matter who it turns into, it's limited by it's endoskeletal shape.
I haven't heard about that assumption before. Superman didn't set forth the conditions for the matchup.

Though I did some research after I read this, and it seems quite clear that there are 'rules' set forth for Vs situations. Are they posted anywhere?
It's the only thing there. Even if it impersonates Abe Lincon or Mr Bean, it will still be the only other humanoid there.
Yes, if the machines are the only two creatures in the 'arena' and both of them know it, the T-1000 will definately have the advantage in stealth.

Though I don't know how well he could take advantage of it, in the mall scene of T2, both he and the T-800 were evenly matched in physical combat. Neither seemed capable of doing much to the other.

The T-1000 seems to be more specialized in the anti-human role, so the weapons of the T-X may actually give her an advantage.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Haven't watched the movie, but I heard the T-X has a cloaking field system.

Wouldn't that help in this match?
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Haven't watched the movie, but I heard the T-X has a cloaking field system.

Where did you hear that?

I don't remember seeing it in the movie.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

neoolong wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Haven't watched the movie, but I heard the T-X has a cloaking field system.

Where did you hear that?

I don't remember seeing it in the movie.
No cloak?

I thought she was turning invisible in a scene from the trailer, cemetary scene I believe.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

She turned into Kate's fiance. That's the only thing I remember her turning into.

And not everything from the trailer made it into the finished movie, though I don't remember that particular scene in the trailer.

Unless you mean that shot where camera goes around the TX in mid transformation.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

neoolong wrote:She turned into Kate's fiance. That's the only thing I remember her turning into.

And not everything from the trailer made it into the finished movie, though I don't remember that particular scene in the trailer.

Unless you mean that shot where camera goes around the TX in mid transformation.
Then..... that must be it....

No cloak? :(
Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

Post by Shadow WarChief »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:

Nope. What you're seeing is the T-X transforming from Kate's fiance into her Loken body.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Shadow WarChief wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:

Nope. What you're seeing is the T-X transforming from Kate's fiance into her Loken body.
...... I see..... damn!

But the T-X can still use her flame thrower and waste the T-1000.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Spoiler

Just a thought, maybe there is not T-1000 because the T-x is the prototype, seeing as to skynets plan was delayed by the destruction of cyberdine???
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Frank_Scenario
Padawan Learner

Post by Frank_Scenario »

The endoskeleton on the T-X is weird. While it definitely exists, when she takes the rocket blast to the arm, it's not visible. It should be, since her arm (IIRC) is hanging on by a thread.
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

You can see the edge of it when the polymimetic shell starts reforming IIRC.
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Not to mention the endoskeleton has the ability to change shape. (ie: form weapons)
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Vertigo1 wrote:Not to mention the endoskeleton has the ability to change shape. (ie: form weapons)
That happens in only some specialized areas, namely the forearms, the other parts have no shape changing abilities. (correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't watch the movie yet)
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Darth_Shinji wrote: And it took a rocket with a HEAT warhead (Said to able to penertate a foot of armored steel plate) to the arm and didn't really do much apperently.

Huh? 300mm penetration against steel? RPG-7 HEAT round should be ~600mm IIRC.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:
Darth_Shinji wrote: And it took a rocket with a HEAT warhead (Said to able to penertate a foot of armored steel plate) to the arm and didn't really do much apperently.
Huh? 300mm penetration against steel? RPG-7 HEAT round should be ~600mm IIRC.
This site says it's 330 mm.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

It depends entirely on which rocket you shoot from it, more recent rounds can defeat more then twice as much as the originals could.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Vertigo1 wrote:Not to mention the endoskeleton has the ability to change shape. (ie: form weapons)
That happens in only some specialized areas, namely the forearms, the other parts have no shape changing abilities. (correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't watch the movie yet)
True, but the weapons and their ammo have to come from somewhere.

LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Did they ever explain how the hell a T-1000 or a T-X can travel through time without a biological exterior? If that's no longer a problem, why do the good guys still come back naked?
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

GrandAdmiralPrawn wrote:Did they ever explain how the hell a T-1000 or a T-X can travel through time without a biological exterior? If that's no longer a problem, why do the good guys still come back naked?
Nope, and while T2 didn't show how the T-1000 appeared, it could have been wrapped in some form of biological shell, T3 clearly shows the T-X appear without any such coating. All the more reason to consider T3 an alternate timeline compared to T1 and T2.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

T-X was naked? How much could you see? :twisted:

Reese did say that living things were the only ones to be TDed due to some bioelectrical field generated by living things.

Perhaps the T-X and T-1000 could emit similar fields? Maybe Skynet figured it out.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:T-X was naked? How much could you see? :twisted:
Not much at all. Though later after acquiring clothing and being pulled over by a cop she makes her breasts larger via liquid metal morphing.