What is your phobia?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Gil Hamilton wrote:The female orgasm. It's a good thing that it doesn't really exist. :D
:evil:

:P
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

I actually have a scar on my arm from where I was attacked by a spork wielding nutcase...
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Wedge
Padawan Learner

Post by Wedge »

jegs2 wrote:I hate spiders. I generally kill them if I find them where they don't belong. Lest someone says they do belong, I don't care -- they die, and quickly.
Exactly the same for me. I am not scared by spiders, but I MUST kill them when I see them, don't know why.
"Who controls the past controls the future who controls the present controls the past" - George Orwell - 1984

"One must always make an argument that is convincing, but never necessarily satisfying (or, in most cases, even logical)." - Axis Kast
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Zaia wrote:
Gil Hamilton wrote:The female orgasm. It's a good thing that it doesn't really exist. :D
:evil:

:P
Give me a few hours and I'll prove it. :D
I think I just signed my death warrant.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Heresy!
「かかっ―」
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Darth Yoshi wrote:Give me a few hours and I'll prove it. :D
WTF??
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Boba Fett
Jedi Master

Post by Boba Fett »

Wedge wrote:
jegs2 wrote:I hate spiders. I generally kill them if I find them where they don't belong. Lest someone says they do belong, I don't care -- they die, and quickly.
Exactly the same for me. I am not scared by spiders, but I MUST kill them when I see them, don't know why.
Uhhh......That's what serial killers used to say... :lol:
Visit Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Member of BotM and HAB
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Fear of... breaking. With as many physical and mental detriments as I have, I really do have to be very careful (moreso than most 18-year-olds... about 98% of 'em).

~ver
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Grand Admiral Ancaris
Jedi Knight

Post by Grand Admiral Ancaris »

verilon wrote:Fear of... breaking. With as many physical and mental detriments as I have, I really do have to be very careful (moreso than most 18-year-olds... about 98% of 'em).

~ver
Do you have a bone disease of some kind? I've got my own lengthy list of medical conditons, but nothing that would make me "break". Well... unless you count mentally "snapping". :P
Grand Admiral Ancaris

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege." --- Unknown

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Lumps, for they are always angry and never subtle." ---Dalton

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." ---Euripides
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

verilon wrote:Fear of... breaking. With as many physical and mental detriments as I have, I really do have to be very careful (moreso than most 18-year-olds... about 98% of 'em).

~ver
I'm afraid to ask about what you're afraid to break :wink:
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Needles and Retarded People.

Needles: Stab me, cut me, beat the blood out of me, just keep that damn thing away.

Retarded People: Was attacked by one when I was 6. He threw a brick at me for no reason. No wait, he told the cops the reason. "I had nothing better to do." I wish I was joking. If I see one in public, I move away quickly. I honestly believe one could go crazy at any time and start beating people to death. Sure the thought proccess is irrational: That's why it's called a phobia.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Darth Yoshi wrote:Give me a few hours and I'll prove it. :D
I think I just signed my death warrant.
LOL

Wait. I give you a couple hours so you can prove to me that there's no such thing as a female orgasm?!!!

Let me think about that. No. :P

Now, if someone said that they would prove that there definitely was such a thing as a female orgasm and needed a week or so to convince me...maybe two.....I'd be willing to sacrifice myself. For science, of course. :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
XPViking
Jedi Knight

Post by XPViking »

This may sound like bragging, but I don't have an irrational fear of anything.

XPViking
8)
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might if they screamed all the time for no good reason.
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Grand Admiral Ancaris wrote:

~ver
Do you have a bone disease of some kind? I've got my own lengthy list of medical conditons, but nothing that would make me "break". Well... unless you count mentally "snapping". :P
I have several. Does that count? lol.. Really, though. I have several different things. I have 7 different mental disorders, at least 8 phobias, and a slew of physical detriments, mostly stemming around my joints and my vertebrae, as well as chrinic migraines and cluster headaches.

~ver

Formerly verilon

haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Darth Gojira wrote:

~ver
I'm afraid to ask about what you're afraid to break :wink:
Mostly my mind and my back. :P

~ver

Formerly verilon

Mayhem
Youngling

Post by Mayhem »

Originally posted by Zaia
Now, if someone said that they would prove that there definitely was such a thing as a female orgasm and needed a week or so to convince me...maybe two.....I'd be willing to sacrifice myself. For science, of course.
Sounds like a worthy challenge... so when do you want to start? :twisted:

As for my phobia's... only one that qualifies as a genuine phobia would be hemeophobia. A Fear of blood. Fortunately it's a minor one. In the sense that it takes a lot of blood, a fairly serious injury (to anyone within my line-of-sight), surgery, etc... to set it off. When it does get set off though, I'm very likely to pass out. I will at the very least get lightheaded, dizzy, and show the begining symptoms of shock.

Aside for that I have the occasional panic attack if I let myself dwell on my own mortality for too long. Though it takes some serious stress or anxiety to set that whole downward spiral off.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Mayhem wrote: As for my phobia's... only one that qualifies as a genuine phobia would be hemeophobia. A Fear of blood.
Phew. I thought you were going to say HOMOphobia. :shock:

BTW, after renting a book about the history of sci-fi.... I'VE OVERCOME MY IRRATIONAL FEAR OF GREY ALIENS!!! (although I doubt it will have any effect on my reluctance to ask out girls who are criminally underweight.)

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Zaia wrote:LOL

Wait. I give you a couple hours so you can prove to me that there's no such thing as a female orgasm?!!!

Oh come on! Think of the fun you'll have proving me wrong. :D
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Darth Yoshi wrote:
Zaia wrote:LOL

Oh come on! Think of the fun you'll have proving me wrong. :D
That's one of the single funniest things I've read.

Grand Admiral Ancaris
Jedi Knight

verilon wrote:I have several. Does that count? lol.. Really, though. I have several different things. I have 7 different mental disorders, at least 8 phobias, and a slew of physical detriments, mostly stemming around my joints and my vertebrae, as well as chrinic migraines and cluster headaches.
My list would include at least 7 bad joints, I sunburn exceedingly easily (to the point where I avoid going outside during the day if I can help it most of the time), I'm partially colorblind (not a biggie but still), I'm partially deaf I get migraines, a few memory problems. Then there's the three phobias I listed earlier, I have Bi-Polar disorder (aka Manic-Depression), and I suspect a couple other mental disorders, though I've not had them diagnosed.
Grand Admiral Ancaris

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Lumps, for they are always angry and never subtle." ---Dalton

Grand Admiral Ancaris
Jedi Knight

Mayhem wrote: As for my phobia's... only one that qualifies as a genuine phobia would be hemeophobia. A Fear of blood. Fortunately it's a minor one. In the sense that it takes a lot of blood, a fairly serious injury (to anyone within my line-of-sight), surgery, etc... to set it off. When it does get set off though, I'm very likely to pass out. I will at the very least get lightheaded, dizzy, and show the begining symptoms of shock.

Aside for that I have the occasional panic attack if I let myself dwell on my own mortality for too long. Though it takes some serious stress or anxiety to set that whole downward spiral off.
hmmm.... hemophobia interesting one. I never did understand the fear of Blood.

But then again, some people are afraid of cotten balls and aluminium foil. :?
Grand Admiral Ancaris

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

My fears are as follows:

1) The dark. Depending on where I am, I tend to hate the darkness.

2) loneliness. I fear of growing old alone. Though it looks like I might not be in the near future.

3) heights. I am extremely afraid of heights.

4) choking. I'm afraid of choking.

5) all the above combined. I fear that I would die alone in the dark on top of a mountain choking on a peanut. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Sporkzen
Padawan Learner

Post by Sporkzen »

Zaia wrote:I have an irrational fear of sporks.
:shock: :(
Sweet jesus on a stick! Hey isnt that what we call easter?
McNum
Padawan Learner

Post by McNum »

Stinging bugs. Closely linked to a bad allergy of said bugs.
Dentists.
Spinning metal things. (I wonder if this has a -phobia name)
Needles.
To a smaller extent, groups of people.
I'm the Randomly Chosen One!
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Grand Admiral Ancaris wrote:
verilon wrote:I have several. Does that count? lol.. Really, though. I have several different things. I have 7 different mental disorders, at least 8 phobias, and a slew of physical detriments, mostly stemming around my joints and my vertebrae, as well as chrinic migraines and cluster headaches.
My list would include at least 7 bad joints,
kness, ankles, wrists, shoulders, scoliosis in lower back, upper back and neck problems.
I sunburn exceedingly easily (to the point where I avoid going outside during the day if I can help it most of the time),
photosensitivity causes me to not be able to look at fluorescent anything without an instant migraine, and I am extrasensitive to sun poisoning (nausea and a headache after being in the sun too long)
I'm partially colorblind (not a biggie but still),
Astgmatic
I'm partially deaf
Partially deaf in my left ear (can't hear stereo 75% of the time) and reverberation sets off migraines
I get migraines,
Chronic migraines and cluster headaches
a few memory problems.
Can't remember most of my childhood, and I have no sense of time whatsoever
Then there's the three phobias I listed earlier,
The 8 I have listed
I have Bi-Polar disorder (aka Manic-Depression), and I suspect a couple other mental disorders, though I've not had them diagnosed.
Bipolar (Hypomanic, Rapid Cycling), Social Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Clinical Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, and two more that I cannot think of.

I may also possibly have something called Ailer's Something Syndrome, but I do not think so (hereditary ailment). Also have a slight tendency toward sodium deficiency as well as hypoglycemia.

Yes, I am severely afraid of breaking.

~ver

Formerly verilon