Unnamed lensman/ culture fic.

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

NecronLord wrote:
HRogge wrote:Just noticed something... *evil grin*
with a displacer unit big enough to hold an ROU’s 300 meter length. The great thing about the new unit was that it could clasp down to a sphere less than the bulk of an ROU....
It seems they could use their new "mass"-displacer to transport a displacer unit ! So even a pair of them could work together to travel a huge amount of distance...
I thought that was what they were doing, cruising at velocity X then the second from last would leapfrog the last into 5th place, then 4 would move it to 4 then 3 would move it to 3 2 to 2 1 to 1 and start again, crossing 2500 * 10 Ly (25,000 Ly) in a matter of a second at most.
And the probably reason they don't do this is because of that good old 1 in 64 million chance that they could wind up as a lump of neutronium a the other end, which, according to Excession, only gets higher when doing en masse or with large objects.
HRogge
Jedi Master

Post by HRogge »

Singular Quartet wrote:And the probably reason they don't do this is because of that good old 1 in 64 million chance that they could wind up as a lump of neutronium a the other end, which, according to Excession, only gets higher when doing en masse or with large objects.
maybe this can be solved by displacing from a displacer to another displacer, a receiver system might add a little more security...
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Singular Quartet wrote:
NecronLord wrote:
HRogge wrote:Just noticed something... *evil grin*
It seems they could use their new "mass"-displacer to transport a displacer unit ! So even a pair of them could work together to travel a huge amount of distance...
I thought that was what they were doing, cruising at velocity X then the second from last would leapfrog the last into 5th place, then 4 would move it to 4 then 3 would move it to 3 2 to 2 1 to 1 and start again, crossing 2500 * 10 Ly (25,000 Ly) in a matter of a second at most.
And the probably reason they don't do this is because of that good old 1 in 64 million chance that they could wind up as a lump of neutronium a the other end, which, according to Excession, only gets higher when doing en masse or with large objects.
So, they back up their mind states on the nearest orbital before doing it.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

HRogge wrote:
Singular Quartet wrote:And the probably reason they don't do this is because of that good old 1 in 64 million chance that they could wind up as a lump of neutronium a the other end, which, according to Excession, only gets higher when doing en masse or with large objects.
maybe this can be solved by displacing from a displacer to another displacer, a receiver system might add a little more security...
It is unknown if that's even possible, so we have to assume it isn't until proven otherwise.
NecronLord wrote:So, they back up their mind states on the nearest orbital before doing it.
True. Offensive Units do that all the time before going into battle. For civilian purposes, however, they wouldn't do that.
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Post by Stormin »

I wonder what is going to happen when/if the lensmen go to earth and find it still in the 13th century (?)

Also I am waiting to see these invaders learn the two big rules of the galaxy:
1. Don't fuck with the culture
2. Fear what the culture fears.

These lensmen (havent read any of the books) seem to be quite arrogant and would probably try to blow up any alien ship they find, not thinking about how the culture is not the most powerful or most advanced race out there. These races may have been willing to sit and watch a squabble between children in the sandlot (culture vs idiar) but might take offense at the russian army marching down mainstreet. Then there is also the entity known as the Excession, which might take interest in such an event as well as the posiblity of the sublimed races noticing (though I never understood why everyone still in the galaxy is afraid of them.)
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Stormin wrote:I wonder what is going to happen when/if the lensmen go to earth and find it still in the 13th century (?)
Rather intresting, I'm betting.
Also I am waiting to see these invaders learn the two big rules of the galaxy:
1. Don't fuck with the culture
2. Fear what the culture fears.

These lensmen (havent read any of the books) seem to be quite arrogant and would probably try to blow up any alien ship they find, not thinking about how the culture is not the most powerful or most advanced race out there. These races may have been willing to sit and watch a squabble between children in the sandlot (culture vs idiar) but might take offense at the russian army marching down mainstreet.
Ah yes, the various races that haven't sublimed, but instead have left for parts unknown to contemplate who-knows-what.
Then there is also the entity known as the Excession, which might take interest in such an event as well as the posiblity of the sublimed races noticing (though I never understood why everyone still in the galaxy is afraid of them.)
Excession didn't show up for 800 years, and I don't hink it will rnadomly pop up early. As tho the sublimed, in Look to Windward, they created heaven. It is unknown quite what the powers of the sublimed are, although it is generally assumed that if they really cared, and they really tried, they would really kick arse.
FBHLW
Redshirt

Post by FBHLW »

Singular Quartet wrote:
Stormin wrote:I wonder what is going to happen when/if the lensmen go to earth and find it still in the 13th century (?)
Rather intresting, I'm betting.
heh.

These lensmen (havent read any of the books) seem to be quite arrogant and would probably try to blow up any alien ship they find, not thinking about how the culture is not the most powerful or most advanced race out there. These races may have been willing to sit and watch a squabble between children in the sandlot (culture vs idiar) but might take offense at the russian army marching down mainstreet.
Ah yes, the various races that haven't sublimed, but instead have left for parts unknown to contemplate who-knows-what.
[/quote]
I'm not sure they'd blow up any ship the find.
the lensman while fairly arogent aren't quite that bad.

Since the biggest one of said races (the homomda ) actually backed the Idirans in the last war I doubt they will interfier.
Then there is also the entity known as the Excession, which might take interest in such an event as well as the posiblity of the sublimed races noticing (though I never understood why everyone still in the galaxy is afraid of them.)
yep.
Excession didn't show up for 800 years, and I don't hink it will rnadomly pop up early. As tho the sublimed, in Look to Windward, they created heaven. It is unknown quite what the powers of the sublimed are, although it is generally assumed that if they really cared, and they really tried, they would really kick arse.
I would think the sublime would just be grabbing pop corn. thats pretty much what they did in the Idirian war.

PS yes this is still me. I seem to have locked my self out of my other account (FBHthelizardmage) by wrongly imputing a changed email adress.

the next chapter may be dellayed for a bit due to me having exams pretty soon.
gravity
Padawan Learner

Post by gravity »

NecronLord wrote:
Excession wrote:The Grey Area was fascinatedand appalled. It had grown up within a universe almost totally free from threat; providing you didn't try to do something utterly stupid like plunge into a black or white hole, there was simply no natural force that could threaten a ship of it's power and sophistication; even a supernova held little threat, handled properly.
Occams razor would dictate that the handling implied is to run away and let Inverse Square law do the rest, as that is the meathod which requires the least additional factors.
Occam's razor says jack shit here, the quote obviously implies that they can do something other than run away; after all, black holes aren't a threat either if you run away from them, so if running away was the only way to deal with a supernova, then it wouldn't be mentioned seperately from black/white holes.
XANATOS
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by XANATOS »

pelase :!: :!: pelase write another chapter :!:

AND REMEMBER :kill:
I WANT TO SEE THE DEGENERATE CULTURE BLEED :D

XANATOS
HRogge
Jedi Master

Post by HRogge »

XANATOS wrote:pelase :!: :!: pelase write another chapter :!:

AND REMEMBER :kill:
I WANT TO SEE THE DEGENERATE CULTURE BLEED :D

XANATOS
Yep... and while Culture will bleed they will wipe the floor with the lensmen ! :D :lol:
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

The Culture will whip the floor with the lensman, more likely than not....
FBHthelizardmage
Padawan Learner

Post by FBHthelizardmage »

The next chapter is in the works, be patient.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

FBHthelizardmage wrote:The next chapter is in the works, be patient.
We'll give you another month before we start beating it out of you.
XANATOS

Post by XANATOS »

OH COME NOW WERE TALKING ABOUT THE LENSMEN
AND THE GALACTIC PATROL
who whooped the scum of two galaxies

not the weak and lazy hippyes
of star treak T.N.G.

the galactic patro fields fleets over 1000,000,
strong each mighty S.D OVER 1 MILE LONG
AND ABLE TO VAP A WORLD
AND THIS IS BUT ONE FLEET

REST IN PEACE

CULTURE hippyes

XANATOS :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Culture Hippies that have warships with nanosecond reaction times and weapons with ranges measured in light years
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
HRogge
Jedi Master

Post by HRogge »

Typhonis 1 wrote:Culture Hippies that have warships with nanosecond reaction times and weapons with ranges measured in light years
With their larger displacers they could target a fleet from 100+ lightyears away, they only need a scout... imagine what kind of bomb the culture could build !
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Post by Stormin »

Frankly I would rather live in the culture than some dictatorship stuck in the '40s.

Go Culture!
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

XANATOS wrote:OH COME NOW WERE TALKING ABOUT THE LENSMEN
AND THE GALACTIC PATROL
who whooped the scum of two galaxies

not the weak and lazy hippyes
of star treak T.N.G.

the galactic patro fields fleets over 1000,000,
strong each mighty S.D OVER 1 MILE LONG
AND ABLE TO VAP A WORLD
AND THIS IS BUT ONE FLEET

REST IN PEACE

CULTURE hippyes

XANATOS :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
A a third fo a klick long ship shaped can fuck an entire solar system. And since form=function with warships, they shaped it like a gigantic dildo.

A 200 klick long, 90 klick wide, 20 klick tall Culture warship, after 40 years of preperation, built and fielded a battle fleet of 30,000 ships in three weeks.
FBHthelizardmage
Padawan Learner

Post by FBHthelizardmage »

I hoped to get the next chapter up tommarow, after long dellay, unfortunatly this isn't happening due to my editior being away.

So saterday I hope.
HRogge
Jedi Master

Post by HRogge »

FBHthelizardmage wrote:I hoped to get the next chapter up tommarow, after long dellay, unfortunatly this isn't happening due to my editior being away.

So saterday I hope.
NOOOOOO....
( I'm away from Internet access Saturday and Sunday... )

Hope I will see the story Monday morning... :D
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

HRogge wrote:
FBHthelizardmage wrote:I hoped to get the next chapter up tommarow, after long dellay, unfortunatly this isn't happening due to my editior being away.

So saterday I hope.
NOOOOOO....
( I'm away from Internet access Saturday and Sunday... )

Hope I will see the story Monday morning... :D
Oh, no, you wont be able to get first post!

How horrible!</sarcasim>
XANATOS

Post by XANATOS »

YOUR FANS ARE WAITING :D

DIE CULTURE SCUM :finger: :kill: :finger:
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Post by Stormin »

GO CULTURE! TEACH THOSE LENSFREAKS THAT NOBODY FUCKS WITH THE CULTURE!!
XANATOS

Post by XANATOS »

after moping up the degenerate culture
kimball kinnison and the galactic patrol
needs to go calling on the star trek hippy universe
and whoop them into shape
befour they become
a cancer as big as the culture

XANATOS
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Post by Stormin »

Hah! your silly lensmen have not faced a real mindfuck until they face a culture ship gone Grey Area!! :angelic: