Looking for Editors, Idea People, Critics, and 3d modellers

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Admiral Cross
Youngling

Looking for Editors, Idea People, Critics, and 3d modellers

Post by Admiral Cross »

The Project

I have been writing a star trek fan fic for a bit now, and I have changed it so far three times. I changed it in the hopes that it will be good enough to make it to the fan fiction section on this site. The major change was that I took out the crossover components which made up a huge part of my storyline. So it is now an all trek story.

Now, essentially what I am doing with this story is shaping a new universe. I am already planning to have another series that will follow the conclusion of this one.

The story is roughly 75-100 chapters long, broken up into three parts. The first part is called Ixius: Shattered Empires. It's a very ambitious project of mine, and it involves alot of work, alot more then I expected for sure. However I am doing some things that have I have not seen in any fan fics that I have read. I could be wrong and someone could have done a story about this, and etc. There are many fan fics out there.

Now you are all wondering, yeah this is all great, so why is he looking for people? Well first and foremost. English is not my first language. It is actualy the third language that I learned and it's given me alot of trouble in the department of Grammar, incase you have noticed yet in this post. So I am looking for some help.

Editor(s)
I need one or two more people that are willing to proof read what I send them, and change what ever needs to be changed. The reason I am loooking for one or two more people is that I already have one person playing as editor, and what I don't want to do is always be sending stuff to one person, so I would like to rotate the order people get things in.

The first task would be for the editor(s) to go through the chapters I have already written, and make corrections to them, and then send back to me, so I can fix them up, and prepare the bundle for submission and posting.

Idea People
There have been a few occasions where I got stuck and had no clue how to approach a certain topic in the story. This person or people would be responsible for helping me in making my ideas(some of the wacked ones) into the storyline, you know kinda bouncing ideas on how we can say integrate this species into the story, or portray this character this way.

Critics or "Beta Testers"
Essentially, I am looking for one or two people to read over the chapter after it's gone through editing and stuff like that. Read it and then comment on it, and then we change somethings If maybe they need to be changed, and then we post it up and stuff.

3d Modellers
What to say about this. When it comes to 3d Modelling, I am a beginner and I cannot make the models needed. What I am looking for is for someone to be able to make 3d models of the ships that I have designed for this story. Ofcourse the image credits go to them. It would just really help me out, I mean it will take me another 2 years before I manage to probably make a decent model.

So this is what I need. And yes I know i am crazy, but i am hoping that if i can find some people as crazy as me, and put this team together I can come up with a really great story.

If you are interested in seeing the story, and the project, just reply here with a way to contact you, and I will send you a few chapters from it.

Thank you
Admiral Cross|USS-Executive
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

I can do editing. :) But question first: How many chapters would you be sending at a time? Would you like your editors to collaborate on what should be changed?

~ver
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: Looking for Editors, Idea People, Critics, and 3d modell

Post by Crazedwraith »

Admiral Cross wrote: Editor(s)
I need one or two more people that are willing to proof read what I send them, and change what ever needs to be changed. The reason I am loooking for one or two more people is that I already have one person playing as editor, and what I don't want to do is always be sending stuff to one person, so I would like to rotate the order people get things in.
Thank you
:shock: What am i not good enough? You need another editor? :D
Admiral Cross
Youngling

Post by Admiral Cross »

verilon wrote:I can do editing. :) But question first: How many chapters would you be sending at a time? Would you like your editors to collaborate on what should be changed?

~ver
How it will work is that one editor gets a chapter, and I rotate them.

so say i have 3 editors, how it would work is this.

you get chapter 8, another gets chapter 9, and another gets chapter 10, and then back, you get chapter 11, and another gets chapters 12, and the other gets 13. One chapter at a time, for one editor. That way, I am not sending 20 chapters to one person for editing.

If the editors want to work together on a chapter, they can, I don't mind its up to them.
Admiral Cross
Youngling

Re: Looking for Editors, Idea People, Critics, and 3d modell

Post by Admiral Cross »

Crazedwraith wrote:
Admiral Cross wrote: Editor(s)
Thank you
:shock: What am i not good enough? You need another editor? :D
LOL,