Star Trek: Sojourner

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Star Trek: Sojourner

Post by Singular Quartet »

Well, I figure Dalton needed something to put on the Archives, and I was wondering whether or not I should have put this out here, I figured "Why not?"

So, a brand-spanking-new fanfic, from both myself, and to the board...

"So we've finally gotten rid of her?"

"Yes... certainly took long enough. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be another mess..."

"Another mess?"

"Voyager was a fine example, however, there have been a few others."

"Ah, true enough. So what happens now?"

"Well, we won't have to deal with them for another five years once they leave Deep Space 9..."

The woman turned around. She shook her head, sending her mess of red hair flying about her. A thin sheen of sweat glistened on her body as she stood up and stretched. The hair fell away from her face, revealing pointed ears, sticking away from her head through the hair.

"Well, that was fun..." was the only comment from the bed she had just gotten out of.

"I know, isn't it?" was the woman's response. It was more of a statement of fact, rather than a question. She yawned, revealing a pair of fangs. "Now where did I put my pants..."

"I think over there, Captain... now for my question..."

"Which would be, Ms. Nerez?"

"Well... I've heard a bit about your... reputation... and I was wondering... was I your first Bajoran?"

The captain paused for a moment. "Yes, actually... and Ms. Dax here was also my first Symbiote, too..."

A mumbling voice came from below the covers. "I was what now?"

"Oh, nothing. Well, the last of my crew should be popping by today, so I figure I should meet them... that, and I ship out this evening. Admiral's orders..."

"It's alright, we know... granted, I wish you could stay longer..."

"Heh, so do I... well, its been fun, but I got people to go drive insane. See you girls around."

"Ah, Captain. I was wondering when you would finish..."

"Shut up, Grayson."

"Now that's hardly the way to treat your tactical officer."

"True. What's this place called, anyways?"

"Quark's. Ferengi proprietor. Probably overcharging us, too."

"Not surprising. So when can we expect our new fodder?"

"Let's see... we're getting a 12 more reds, a new counselor, a new first officer, and a new science officer."

"A new first officer? Damn, and here I was hoping to promote your screwed ass."

"I'll have you know I haven't let anyone screw my ass in... oh... three months."

"Uh-huh. Sure, Bruce. So when are these idiots supposed to get here?"

"Right about... now, actually."

The captain turned to look at her new replacement crew members. "Oh, they can't be serious."

"I'm afraid they are, Captain."

"Shit. Well, I know I can't officially complain..."

Grayson and the Captain watched as two of the newest members of her command staff walked towards the pair seated at the table.

"Ensign Harry Kim reporting for duty, ma`am."

"Commander Thomas Allister reporting for duty, ma`am."

The Captain sighed, staring at the pair. "Well, I suppose I'll have to live with that..."

"Is there a problem, Captain?" asked Kim.

"Not really. So where's the watchdog that's supposed to keep an eye on me?"

"If you are referring to Counselor Dore, she is, at present, still dealing with problems."

"Problems?"

Allister explained. "She was... attacked... by a drunk a few minutes back."

"Did he have a thick Gaelic accent and orange hair?"

"Actually..."

"Fuck!" The captain took off like a bullet. "Grayson, I'm going to kill him!"

Grayson shook his head. "I'm Bruce Grayson, First shift Tactical Officer. The man who 'attacked' the new counselor was, more likely than not, in a bar fight with a few Klingons... probably winning, too, knowing that idiot..."

Kim looked at Grayson. "Who is he?"

"Felecia O'Malley, chief engineer. Crazy drunken idiot, if you ask me, and not really my type, either... anyways. This is about... the third time he's done this, so Alex is likely to try slamming his skull through a few control panels before she let's him go off to sickbay... unless..."

The Captain walked back into the bar and sat back down in her seat. She looked at the pair who were staring at her. "Sit down! Sit down! Not like I ordered you to stay standing, jeez..."

Grayson looked at her. "Who got to him first?"

"Grummin, the lucky bastard. Odo's in his office right now, so he wasn't able to respond, and most of the rest are dealing with a bunch of Cardassians and Bajorans being onboard the station at the same time."

The two new members of the crew looked at them, before asking "Who's Grummin?"

"Head of Security. Just as a warning to you now, he's a bit anal retentive about rules and regulations, and has gone a bit insane thanks to both myself and said rules... by the way. I didn't see Ms..."

"Dore, Captain," answered Allister. "She's probably headed to the head of security's office now to speak with him."

The captain sighed in resignation. "So I suppose we'll have to wait a little while longer... Kyra! How good to see you again!"

The Colonel sighed as she entered Quark's establishment, something she had almost always been doing when she entered it. "Captain, I can see why so many people equate you with Captain Kirk."

"Really? How so?"

"This is the third report of some member of your crew getting in a fight on station, and the thirty-third such incident during your career!"

"And here I though you were going to reminisce on my other qualities..." stated the captain in a dreamy voice.

"Oh, I'll be doing that later, Captain. Now, I can overlook this sort of thing because of your impeccable security officers onboard the station, however, I ask that you try not to cause another incident before you leave?"

Grayson looked at the Bajoran for a few seconds before asking "Are you sure its not for the good Captain's... other... qualities?"

The captain stared at Kira for a few seconds. The colonel looked at her. "If such an incident occurs again, Captain, and our security catches them first, then they will be detained until our Mr. Odo can properly deal with the situation. Given the present circumstances, this could take some time..."

"A tempting offer, I must say. I imagine, however, that it would earn you the eternal hatred of half the admirals in the fleet. No thanks, I can't bring such a horror down upon a person."

Kim and Allister looked back and forth between the Captain and the space station's commander, wondering just what the hell was going on.

"Well, it was worth a shot. Try to look us up when you get back." The captain smiled as she watched the colonel leave.

"I was wondering who you were with last night..."

"Yes, those two were quite a bit of fun... well, I figure Meg is hyper enough, already... anyways... you two should report to Sanol. She'll assign you quarters, and explain how I run the ship. Grayson, make sure they actually find Sanol, and see if you can get Filly to tell you where it is. He might be drunk enough to reveal it this time around."

"While I figure Grummin's already asked, I suppose it can't hurt. Well, come on you two..." Grayson stood up, and lead Kim and Allister towards the ship, before turning, and yelling to the Captain "She's coming!"

"Thanks for the warning!" She watched them go, and waited for the inevitable. First, however, came a beautiful woman wearing a form-fitting body suit that curved in all the right places. She walked up to the table, and looked at the captain with a mixture of disgust and distaste.

"Captain Alexandra Ramius, I presume?"

"Why yes! Counselor Helena Dore, I presume?"

"Yes, and to your other question, I must certainly will not!" She immediately slapped the captain. "Good day, you pig!" She turned and walked away, her body rigid and emanating frozen horror.

"I think I like her already..." said a smiling Ramius, rubbing her reddening cheek. She continued waiting for the final visitor. There was a sudden high-pitched squeal.

"RAMIE!"

A sudden blur of hair, flesh, and far to little clothing slammed into the Captain, who promptly slammed into the back wall due to the sudden force upon her person.

"A-air... n-need... air..."

"Oh, right... sorry..." The girl/woman loosened her grip around the captain's body, before looking at the captain. Her long auburn hair was all over the place, flowing down her back, and scattered all over the seat. "So, did you have fun?"

"Actually... yes. Now, if you don't mind, Meg, we should be heading back..."

"Oh, fine..."

"For all the best reasons..."

"Oh, most defiantly!"
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Good prologue - it certainly builds up atmosphere. Now, in the next chapter the plot should take shape.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Simon H.Johansen wrote:Good prologue - it certainly builds up atmosphere. Now, in the next chapter the plot should take shape.
Actually, that falls under maybe. The next chapter is more about getting off the stations without further adue, introducing a few dozen more characters, a short explanation on how the ship's run, and then the oh so wonderful log entries...
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Okay, I forgive you. It's not unknown for stories to wander for the first parts until the plot truly starts.

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Simon H.Johansen wrote:Okay, I forgive you. It's not unknown for stories to wander for the first parts until the plot truly starts.
Essentially. there won't be all that much before it get's going, but right now it's just rambling around introducing characters.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Singular Quartet wrote:
Simon H.Johansen wrote:Okay, I forgive you. It's not unknown for stories to wander for the first parts until the plot truly starts.
Essentially. there won't be all that much before it get's going, but right now it's just rambling around introducing characters.
That's forgivable too - my fic "The Wormhole War" occassionally spends a bit explaining things rather than developing the plot...

Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Simon H.Johansen wrote:
Singular Quartet wrote:Essentially. there won't be all that much before it get's going, but right now it's just rambling around introducing characters.
That's forgivable too - my fic "The Wormhole War" occassionally spends a bit explaining things rather than developing the plot...
Probably what 'll wind up doing for a little while... well.. back to writing... *disappears into the depths of wherever...*
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

And it continues...

Allister stared at the Romulan in front of him. "I'm not aware of your rank, Ms. Sanol."

The Romulan ignored the comment. "The ship is run in three duty shifts. First shift is from 2400 to 0800 hours, second 0800 to 1600, and third 1600 to 2400. I am the commanding officer for second shift. The captain takes third shift. You will be in charge of third shift. Ensign Kim will be my science officer. Grayson, show them to there quarters, and Mr. Allister, I suggest you get some sleep. I will be expecting you bright an earlier 0755 hours tomorrow morning to replace me, and also so that I can introduce you to your crew."

"Technically, you aren't my superior, you know."

"No, technically, I am not, you xenophobic pig. However, as far as the crew, myself, and the Captain are concerned, I am, and that's all that truly matters. You are new to this ship, and will be treated as such until you earn it's respect. Mr. Grayson, would you please show them to their quarters?"

"Sure. Come on, you two, quarters time. Ensign, I assume you know your way around this class of ship. Your quarters are deck..." Grayson looked at the PADD in his hand. "5, section 12. Your name should be on the door. Mr. Allister, I'll show you to your quarters."

"Is she always like that?"

"Depends, really. She was a bit nicer when she was with the Captain, actually... but I suppose most women would be..."

"'With the captain?' What is that supposed to mean?"

"Think non-PC thoughts for a moment, if you actually can, anymore."

"What... oh... what about the Colonel... Does that mean she slept with Colonel Nerys?"

"Yes, although she mentioned someone else..."

"You really shouldn't talk about me behind my back, Grayson," came from behind the pair.

"I was informing your new first officer of you exploits, Captain. I figured you wouldn't mind."

"Well... not really. Meg, stop looking at the console, and come on!"

"Huh? What, oh, right. Sorry, it was shiny..."

Allister and Grayson watched as the Captain dragged a young woman back the way Allister and Grayson came.

"Who was that?"

"That would be First shift's helms-woman. She's a little bit weird, and really hyper. She's actually fairly normal if she doesn't get enough sleep..."

Allister stared at Grayson for another moment, before they ran into Counselor Dore.

"Can I help you, Miss Dore?"

"I was wondering where, exactly, my quarters are."

"Ah! I would suggest you talk to either Sanol or Grummin about that."

She stared at the pair, and walked the way Grayson and Allister were walking from.

"Well, that was odd... here's your quarters, Mr. Allister. Call me if you need anything, anything at all."

Grayson raised an eyebrow, and walked into his new quarters. He sighed, and flopped down on his bed. "Tomorrow is going to be a long day..."

The Intrepid-class USS /Sojourner/ released its docking clamps from Deep Space 9. She turned in space, and after a few minutes of acceleration and another 5 minutes of coasting, she jumped to high warp.

"Meg, what have I told you about immediately going to high-warp?"

"Umm... don't, cause it puts additional strain on the engines... and it wastes fuel?"

"Precisely. Warp 2 would have been sufficient. Not warp 7."

"Yes, Ramie...."
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

And the fanfic gets weirder.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Crazedwraith wrote:And the fanfic gets weirder.
w00t!

I don't know what it is, but it seems that just about every fic I write gets the statement weird, intresting, or odd said about it. In somecases, all three...