Anyone else here laugh a lot?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Anyone else here laugh a lot?

Post by Durandal »

One of my roommates just complained (quite justifiably) that I laugh very loudly and very often. He's not wrong. I've often noticed that, whether it's in a movie theatre, at a play, or watching TV with my friends, I always end up laughing at something no one else finds funny, or doesn't find funny enough to laugh at, and it ends up being pretty frequent. I also tend to guffaw, which even I find annoying, but that's a different matter (my old apartment's TV and couch were positioned such that when I was sitting watching TV, my laugh would hit the resonant frequency of the room and reverberate, so I got a taste of my own medicine).

Is it just weird that I find humor in things the majority of people don't? Do I catch subtle humor, or do I just see humor where it was not intended? Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

I have done this, but more witnessed it with my roommate. Sometimes it is just finding dry humour funny. Sometimes it's finding humour in inappropriate places. It just depends on circumstance and situation.. But more'n likely it's recognizing dry humour when you hear it.

~ver
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

I've been threatened violently for laughing loudly ("I'll fuck your shit up if you laugh like that again!").

I also tend to laugh at stuff that no one finds funny (which is kind of embarassing, really). I try to not worry about it.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
CorSec
Jedi Knight

Post by CorSec »

You are not alone, Durandal. I will laugh at the drop of a hat. It doesn't even have to be something terribly funny. If it's simply remotely funny it'll get a response from me. And when I do laugh it's big and loud. Sometimes it bothers friends, but I say fuck 'em. I'm not laughing for them, I'm laughing for me.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

I laugh all the time. I think that's about all I can say about it.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

My laughing patterns are weird and erratic. Sometimes even ridiculously funny things will only get a half-hearted chuckle out of me, while other times things that are not intended to be humorous in any way (and probably aren't to anyone else) cause me side-splitting laughter. I think it's a seasonal thing. :)
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

i laugh freely and loudly too. old simpsons episodes. stupid people. and i, like verilon, appriciate dry humor that many of my friends (and often my wife) just don't get.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

I used to do that a LOT. I've calmed down more (maybe more depressed lately?) in recent years but still sometimes just goofy shit will make me bust up laughing. Every now and then something off the wall will happen and I will crack up for minutes, leaving my friends wondering after they've stopped laughing if maybe I'm having an attack of some kind.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I really don't laugh that much, honestly. I find a lot of things funny, but even really hilarious stuff will only draw a chuckle. Something's got to hit me just right to make me guffaw.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

I tend to laugh at inappropriate times. And loudly...
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

When I was younger my parents complained that I laughed too loudly at comedy movies, but that's about it.
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

I grin uncontrollably sometimes, but don't laugh outloud much. I do smirk a lot though.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I laugh a lot...but only a few things make me laugh to the point of loud or hard of breathing.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Cyborg Stan
Jedi Knight

Post by Cyborg Stan »

At home, I do. Elsewhere, almost never.
ASVS Vets Assoc, Class of 1999

Geh Ick Bleah

Avatar is an image of Yuyuko Saigyouji from the Touhou Series.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Exonerate wrote:I grin uncontrollably sometimes, but don't laugh outloud much. I do smirk a lot though.
Same here. I smirk/grin at funny things and that's about it. Maybe my voicebox is screwy.~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

I laugh at things noone else finds funny, and sit quiet while all others are "rolling on the floor laughing". I seem to laugh a LOT, a whole lot.
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

What the fuck is guffaw? How much does it cost per ounce?
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Wicked Pilot wrote:What the fuck is guffaw? How much does it cost per ounce?
It's like this deep laugh that can be very annoying.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Agent R
Padawan Learner

Post by Agent R »

I'm more likely to perpetuate pre-existing laughter. I see or hear something funny and I add on to it.

Anyway, my sense of humor is kinda twisted- a combination of dry, ironic, sarcastic, snide and just the least bit.......inappropriate. I'll find something funny in something that shouldn't be, distort innocent words and phrases into innuendo, plant pictures in people's minds, and use any arcane knowledge I have to make jokes and insults that tend to go right over their heads.

I don't laugh much, but when I do, it's usually as an insult.
No conscience. No law. No stopping them....

....well, maybe a Happy Meal would do it.

Ka Anor needs test subjects!
I still think Furlings look like tribbles
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

I laugh quite often, because I find lots of things amusing. When I really think stuff is hilarious, I usually throw my head back and laugh. I guess some people probably find this annoying, but most of my friends love my laugh. My best friend says my laugh is one of her favourite sounds. :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:I tend to laugh at inappropriate times. And loudly...
Repressed laughter is the best. Like when you're kneeling at a casket ... :)
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

When it's most inappropriate, I am most likely trying to hold down a laugh that won't go away.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Wicked Pilot wrote:What the fuck is guffaw? How much does it cost per ounce?
It's like really loud and sounds like "Ga-HUCK GA HUCK GA HUCK" in my experience.

I smirk an awful lot, nothing more than one body-laughter-movement per friends style americomedy uberjoke shall we say, when something unpredictable happens that is funny i laugh out loud.

Innopportune humour usually results in giggles or snickering, usually which sets someone else off, and that's the greatest pleasure of all. :twisted:
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
jegs2
Imperial Spook

Post by jegs2 »

My wife often accuses me of laughing too much

"Why is everything so funny to you?!"

I told her I'm just always happy...
John 3:16-18
Warwolves G2
The University of North Alabama Lions!
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

I snicker, giggle, and laugh my ass off at the damndest things. I don't know why, people think I'm psycho or something, hell, even I think I need help!
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P