Ever been shot with a b-b gun

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Agent Fisher wrote:
TrailerParkJawa wrote:I wonder what would happen if you put a speaker magnet up to your chest??
I can no longer have a MRI because it would shift the BB around and it might damage something.

A MRI uses powerful magnets to scan the body.
Yeah, that makes sense. I wonder if the metal detector wands at the airport are sensitive enough to detect it.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

That would be funny as hell if it set off the detector. I would then have to explain everywhere i went that I had a metal bb in my chest.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Agent Fisher wrote:That would be funny as hell if it set off the detector. I would then have to explain everywhere i went that I had a metal bb in my chest.
And the airport security guard would say "Yeah right :roll: "
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

yeah but they could just hold a wand to my chest and also see the entrance wound of the BB.
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Wow, I'm surprised a BB penetrated. How much did he pump that up with? In the hills of Indiana, I wiled many pre-paint ball days running around with goggles shooting my friends in the woods. Its was a good time for all. The rules were if you had a gun that you could pump more than once, you couldn't pump more than twice. We usually carried one or more of the one-cock type pistols around for close quarters backup.

Sheesh, you people shooting each other with pellets frighten me. Those are designed to kill small game. No wonder you're getting penetration and nerve damange and whatnot.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

aerius wrote:I use to play war games in the local parks & forest with bb guns when I was younger. We'd use plastic practice pellets with our guns though, but it still stung when you got shot on bare skin. I got shot right between the eyes once and had one of those "Paki dots" for a few days.
LOL! Your friend must be a good shot...
Image Image
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

aronkerkhof wrote:Wow, I'm surprised a BB penetrated.
Listen, we've got a guy in another thread who managed to cut his dick with a slice of bread. This is SDN. Just accept it and move on.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Xenophobe3691
Sith Marauder

Post by Xenophobe3691 »

RedImperator wrote:
aronkerkhof wrote:Wow, I'm surprised a BB penetrated.
Listen, we've got a guy in another thread who managed to cut his dick with a slice of bread. This is SDN. Just accept it and move on.
Shit, I feel bad for Hamel...

But anyways, why the hell would anyone shoot anyone else with a BB?
Dark Heresy: Dance Macabre - Imperial Psyker Magnus Arterra

BoTM
Proud Decepticon

Post 666 Made on Fri Jul 04, 2003 @ 12:48 pm
Post 1337 made on Fri Aug 22, 2003 @ 9:18 am
Post 1492 Made on Fri Aug 29, 2003 @ 5:16 pm

Hail Xeno: Lord of Calculus -- Ace Pace
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

well after talking to my friend that shot me, he figured that it would not penetrate the skin. His rifle was CO2 powered. It went in an inch were it stuck in the fat tissue. The ER docs toold me if I had been skinny then the BB most likey would have popped a lung. Thank god for fat.
Xenophobe3691
Sith Marauder

Post by Xenophobe3691 »

Agent Fisher wrote:well after talking to my friend that shot me, he figured that it would not penetrate the skin. His rifle was CO2 powered. It went in an inch were it stuck in the fat tissue. The ER docs toold me if I had been skinny then the BB most likey would have popped a lung. Thank god for fat.
Damn, I'd have that popped lung...

Besides, what kind of an idiot does that?
Dark Heresy: Dance Macabre - Imperial Psyker Magnus Arterra

BoTM
Proud Decepticon

Post 666 Made on Fri Jul 04, 2003 @ 12:48 pm
Post 1337 made on Fri Aug 22, 2003 @ 9:18 am
Post 1492 Made on Fri Aug 29, 2003 @ 5:16 pm

Hail Xeno: Lord of Calculus -- Ace Pace
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Woah! CO2 powered guns? You guys are hard core! Check the PSI that thing has versus an average one-cock type gun. Tell you buddy to try something out on himself before he shoots you with something "he figures" isn't going to hurt you.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Agent Fisher wrote:well after talking to my friend that shot me, he figured that it would not penetrate the skin. His rifle was CO2 powered. It went in an inch were it stuck in the fat tissue. The ER docs toold me if I had been skinny then the BB most likey would have popped a lung. Thank god for fat.
Your buddy is a fucking idiot. A single pump air rifle can pierce your skin at close range. I've seen it. I'm suddenly reminded of the guy who bought a bulletproof vest and had his friend shoot at him with it on to test it out. One guy brought his AR-15 and promptly killed it him. I suggest you stay away from him if he ever moves up to a real gun.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

My lil' brother still has a BB in his thigh, iirc. It was a riccochet from the stump he was shooting. Don't ask me how it wound up in the BACK of his leg, tho.

I've not been shot by BBs or Pellets, although I played with them plenty when I was younger. Mom's still got the pellet rifle at her house... she won't let us take it, she uses it to scare off deer and skunks.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

As an extra irony, his father works for the CHP as a swat team sniper.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Agent Fisher wrote:As an extra irony, his father works for the CHP as a swat team sniper.
:shock: The son of a cop should know what gun does.
Last edited by Montcalm on 2003-09-01 02:49pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Agent Fisher wrote:As an extra irony, his father works for the CHP as a swat team sniper.
Mr. Bean is laughing at you right now, you know.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:
Mr. Bean is laughing at you right now, you know.
What? :?
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Hmm. I would like to go out and shoot my friends with BB guns, but I think that discharging any sort of firearm in a densely populated area would be frowned upon.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Dorsk 81
Sith Devotee

Post by Dorsk 81 »

Yep, tons of times by those little plastic ones and they sting like hell. Thats what you get when you let little 8 year olds run round with weapons, fecking parents should have more control.
"I would, for instance, fellate a smurf before I pick death." Dylan Moran
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
EBC's Devonian Deviant | GALE's Supplementary Bi Brit | BoTM's Raw Recruit | GDC's Horny Delphinidae | I'm with RMA | CoIB
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

HemlockGrey wrote:Hmm. I would like to go out and shoot my friends with BB guns, but I think that discharging any sort of firearm in a densely populated area would be frowned upon.
It's illegal in your town evidently, no guns air or real or bows. Same story for mine. But it doesnt stop anyone.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956