Your Avatar's Source or Meaning

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

For the longest time I've had this bizarre obsession with rats.
I prepared Explosive Runes today.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

It's my birdie. I made it a long time ago and it's always been my avatar.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Nathan F wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Right now it's Sarah Jane Smith, played by Elisabeth Sladen, from the British sci-fi TV series Doctor Who.

Anybody who can guess what the symbol I was using last night/early this morning gets a cookie. ;)
No fricken clue what that was. In fact, that was one of the reasons for posting this thread...
Well, might as well explain it. It's the cross of Kronos, also known as the symbol used by the 70s rock band Blue Öyster Cult. I found a red on black one on Google and changed it to a white outline on black in Photoshop.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:It varies, like Alucard (Dracula backwards, naturally) and Arucard, which doesn't seem right but "l" and "r" are the same in Nihongo.
Pronounced the same, but if written in Romanji are not quite the same :P They should have transliterated it correctly to Alucard.
But I digress, Victoria is kawaii and uniforms, big guns and Saxon APCs rule.
Victoria rocks. But other than for some fanservice, why did they change her from baggy pants to a miniskirt?
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

phongn wrote: Pronounced the same, but if written in Romanji are not quite the same :P They should have transliterated it correctly to Alucard.
My bad, yes, pronunciation I meant.
Victoria rocks. But other than for some fanservice, why did they change her from baggy pants to a miniskirt?
Miniskirt, synonomous with '60s British style, I'm blaming Austin Powers for something entirely unrelated.

No, it's because she's female and can't wear trousers in an institution that dates back to the crusades. ;)

Oh, and panties, they must be seen.

Gil: Birdie! :mrgreen:
zombie84
Jedi Knight

Post by zombie84 »

StormTrooperTR889 wrote:Iron Maiden is sweet. Which band had a nameless sword wielding hero dude on all of their albums?
Thats probably Manowar you're thinking of. Great band, second only to Iron Maiden in my opinion.
I'll swallow your soul!
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

Herr Gerd von Kluge, insane Field Marshall, screwed over Guderian in 1941 due to a pity grudge, and took posion doing Hitler a favor of one less trial after the bomb plot.
Formerly the artist known as Captain Lennox

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

mine is a guy bent over while the ship's guns fire in the background, giving the impression of a massive fart.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Gordon Freeman, the researcher with a bad attitude and sharpened crowbar from Half-Life. Except that this is his new look, from HL2.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Ryoga
Jedi Knight

Post by Ryoga »

Well, let's see. When I first came here, my avatar was Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons. Because Comic Book Guy rocks, and it suited my caustic style during the Darkstar Wars. :twisted:

Then I saw Mike had a Scorpion avatar hosted on his site, and I had just bought Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, so I just had to switch.

Now, though, I'm using Cloud Strife's sprite from Final Fantasy Tactics. Why? Hell, I dunno. I've always been an FFT-head, and mysmilies.com had a whole section for it. Yay!
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

The curious orange from TMWRNJ. The chances of someone else having anything similar were remote, and it was perhaps the funniest thing i have ever seen, so i chose it and will probably keep it forever on here. As long as i don't poke newbies or whatever.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

DeadM wrote:Celes Victoria, because Hellsing owns :mrgreen:
Yes... And that's a very good screenshot btw... Assuming you made it ;P

Mine's Chise from Saishuuheiki Kanojo... Teenage girl weapon of mass destruction capable of leveling entire cities with ease...

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

Thanks zombie. I think I'll try to find that pic for an avatar.
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Crayz9000 wrote:Gordon Freeman, the researcher with a bad attitude and sharpened crowbar from Half-Life. Except that this is his new look, from HL2.
So I'm guessing that's a CG image? 'Cause for the longest time, I thought it was a photograph. :)

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

DeadM
Padawan Learner

Post by DeadM »

Exonerate wrote:
DeadM wrote:Celes Victoria, because Hellsing owns :mrgreen:
Yes... And that's a very good screenshot btw... Assuming you made it ;P
I found it on the internet, heres the whole picture: Big Pic

The site that hosts it has lots of anime pictures BTW.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
Crayz9000 wrote:Gordon Freeman, the researcher with a bad attitude and sharpened crowbar from Half-Life. Except that this is his new look, from HL2.
So I'm guessing that's a CG image? 'Cause for the longest time, I thought it was a photograph. :)
Lol, yeah, it's a promotional image. In fact, it's near enough in game quality given how great HL2 looks.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

phong, transliteration would be no different.. Japanese has no L, so you cannot write "alucard"
Sì! Abbiamo un' anima! Ma è fatta di tanti piccoli robot.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

You can in romaji. :P

Slowhand
Redshirt
Location: Sitting atop Victor's rack. That's good vibrations!

Post by Slowhand »

I think my signature says it all. :wink:
Once it was known as the Codeine Hippo, but so as not to influence a legion of teenage fans, it was renamed the Cosmic Hippo. Most often seen flying through the depths of space, to catch one is to be near the Flecktones themselves.

With my spear and magic helmet,

~Slowhand
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

I am the Black Mage!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Jadeite wrote:I am the Black Mage!
And where there's a Black Mage, there's always a White Mage not far behind. ;)
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Rye wrote:The curious orange from TMWRNJ.
What is TMWRNJ??

BTW - I assume that you know whom my avatar is - but in case you don't: It's Lama Su, Prime Minister of Kamino. As for why I chose him - he's the only Star Wars character resembling an albino praying mantis with a mohawk.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Its a small piece of one of the cover designs for Catch-22.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

New pic, Man-o-War. Might keep for a while; I"m screwing around with IrfanView. This program is sweet.
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

I am the alpha and the omega, the begining and the end.