Your Avatar's Source or Meaning

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

His Divine Shadow, that is from one of hte greatest movies ever made. I revere you for your wise choice.
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Does mine really need an explanation? Anyone who doesn't know where my avatar comes from needs to be thumped. :)
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

My current av is a variation on the logo I created for the website of a group I was once part of.....
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Darth Servo wrote:Does mine really need an explanation? Anyone who doesn't know where my avatar comes from needs to be thumped. :)
You wouldn't thump a lady, would you?
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Anyone who doesn't know the origin of my current avatar will spend the remainder of his life in the various penal colonies of Mother Russia. :D :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
TheDarkOne
Youngling

Post by TheDarkOne »

ERTW

that's what my avatar means.
+++Divide by cucumber error, please reinstall universe and reboot+++
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

TheDarkOne wrote:ERTW

that's what my avatar means.
Ah another 'geer.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Darth Servo wrote:Does mine really need an explanation? Anyone who doesn't know where my avatar comes from needs to be thumped. :)
So thump me. I bet it'll be something that becomes clear, like Shroom's mushroom.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

2000AD wrote:
So thump me. I bet it'll be something that becomes clear, like Shroom's mushroom.
You haven't seen the single greatest sci-fi parody in all of TIME?! It's one of the robots from Mystery Science Theater 3000!!! I forget that one's name, though.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Like Mike, GAT, JMac and a handful of others, I've used the same avatar from day one of joining the board (the only variant being the Xmas one where he wears a santa hat instead of a Helmet). It's Rogue Trooper, Survivor of the Quartz Zone Massacre and last of the Genetic Infantrymen.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Nathan F wrote:
You haven't seen the single greatest sci-fi parody in all of TIME?! It's one of the robots from Mystery Science Theater 3000!!! I forget that one's name, though.
Look at Darth SERVO's username... take a wild guess. :wink:

And I've never watched more than 10 mins of that dire programme.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I've varied between quite a few, but my Favorite so far have been my Captain Marvel Avatar (with thanks to Rob Wilson) and the current, everyones favorite Crustacean from the best Sci-fi cartoon ever, Dr. Zoidberg.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

fgalkin wrote:Anyone who doesn't know the origin of my current avatar will spend the remainder of his life in the various penal colonies of Mother Russia. :D :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
What is it?
delicious pies
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Rob Wilson wrote:Like Mike, GAT, JMac and a handful of others, I've used the same avatar from day one of joining the board (the only variant being the Xmas one where he wears a santa hat instead of a Helmet). It's Rogue Trooper, Survivor of the Quartz Zone Massacre and last of the Genetic Infantrymen.
Erm might no be the LAST one if Venus Greengeens has anything to say about it.....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:
Rye wrote:The curious orange from TMWRNJ.
What is TMWRNJ??
This morning with richard not judy. It was relogated to bbc2 sunday morning hangover hour, and featured several sketches that never lasted more than a few minutes. Very, very funny, and quite possibly the tv program most befitting my humour.

Hell, they even made fun of jesus with the jesus sketches(on sunday morning remember), there's one where he succumbs to the temptation of cress, and one where doubting thomas goes crazy because jesus keeps saying "ahhhh" and gave thaddeus an adverb. He became "double checking thaddeus" but he was rubbish at his duties. Jesus also once said "i'll get my dad on you," and pliny the crow killed God with logic.

MAN that was a good program.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
The Silence and I
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Silence and I »

Mine is related to my handle, "The Silence and I" is a take off of the Alan Parsons song "Silence and I." I wanted a plain to symbolize the silence that comes with open, remote places, and the main line of the song is "two of a kind, silence and I, we need a chance to talk things over/we'll find a way to work it out," so my avatar has two people in it to symbolize that kind of relationship...but they only look like smallish blobs at this size.
Yes, I do think about this too much :D
"Do not worry, I have prepared something for just such an emergency."

"You're prepared for a giant monster made entirely of nulls stomping around Mainframe?!"

"That is correct!"

"How do you plan for that?"

"Uh... lucky guess?"
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

The Silence and I wrote:Mine is related to my handle, "The Silence and I" is a take off of the Alan Parsons song "Silence and I." I wanted a plain to symbolize the silence that comes with open, remote places, and the main line of the song is "two of a kind, silence and I, we need a chance to talk things over/we'll find a way to work it out," so my avatar has two people in it to symbolize that kind of relationship...but they only look like smallish blobs at this size.
Yes, I do think about this too much :D
You just think to much period... :D
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

2000AD wrote:
It's Servo from Mystery Science Theater 3000! *Thumps 2000AD in the back the head* dumbass.
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Nathan F wrote:
Look at Darth SERVO's username... take a wild guess. :wink:

And I've never watched more than 10 mins of that dire programme.
Oh, yeah. *doh*
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Wow. I can't believe my one little post generated so much "discussion" :P
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
PrinceofLowLight
Jedi Knight

Post by PrinceofLowLight »

The pennyfarthing, the symbol of The Village in The Prisoner. I have no intention of ever changing it, as the few months it took me to decide on an avvie is actually what delayed me registering.

Am I the only one who recognizes Demiurge's avvie as Rorsharch from Watchmen?

Damn, I wish this thread had come sooner. Two questions:

Innerbrat, what was that greenish thing that was your old avatar? That think was cool.

Spanky the Dolphin: What was the avatar you had about a month or so back? It was a girl with goggles on her head? Horribly adorable?
"Remember, being materialistic means never having to acknowledge your feelings"-Brent Sienna, PVP

"In the unlikely event of losing Pascal's Wager, I intend to saunter in to Judgement Day with a bookshelf full of grievances, a flaming sword of my own devising, and a serious attitude problem."- Rick Moen

SD.net Rangers: Chicks Dig It
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

PrinceofLowLight wrote:
Spanky the Dolphin: What was the avatar you had about a month or so back? It was a girl with goggles on her head? Horribly adorable?
Undoubtedly one of the many, many Asuka AVs.
JADAFETWA
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Well, we don't have MST3K or any related "let's talk through the entire movie" programmes over here. We like to provide our own commentary.

My last av was drawn by my flatmate:

"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Kuja wrote:
PrinceofLowLight wrote:
Undoubtedly one of the many, many Asuka AVs.
Well, I'll be damned if I just checked through all of them and couldn't find one with goggles. :?

Do you remember anything else about it?
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Wind of Storm Riders
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi