30%
Maybe
33%

Total votes: 30

aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

NYC ASVS/SD.N LOTR Meetup!

Post by aronkerkhof »

One of the fruits of my visit to Rob last month is a plan to get some geeks together to check out the Return of the King when it comes out. If this sounds at all like something you'd like to get a piece of, check out this link for more info:

http://www.galactec.com/neolith/content ... e=lotr-nyc

Let me know if anyone has questions or suggestions... Rob and I will update the site and maybe this topic as plans either solidify or fall apart. :D
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

I'm in.
Happily married gay couples with closets full of assault weapons. That's my vision for America
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I live here so HELL YEA!~Jason
Edit: I would choose Ziegfield if they show it. They have advance ticket sale and IIRC on-line too . They have that giant screen and popcorn and drinks are sold at the front of the seatings too.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

As always I'm in, though driving up might be a tad bit tricky. I will almost certainly have to work that morning, still I'll be up there even if I have to double the speed limit the whole way to make it.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Soontir C'boath wrote:I live here so HELL YEA!~Jason
Edit: I would choose Ziegfield if they show it. They have advance ticket sale and IIRC on-line too . They have that giant screen and popcorn and drinks are sold at the front of the seatings too.
You're nuts, man. The Ziegfield is going to be beyond crowded and probably sold out by the time we get around to preordering.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Well, that's a good bit away, so I may be able to wrangle the money to make the trip. No guarantees on that.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I might be able to make it :)
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Lets see here..... 18 hours to NYC.

Uhh.... No.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Dalton wrote:
Soontir C'boath wrote:I live here so HELL YEA!~Jason
You're nuts, man. The Ziegfield is going to be beyond crowded and probably sold out by the time we get around to preordering.
Worth a shot. :D Heheh.~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Ice
Padawan Learner

Post by Ice »

phongn wrote:I might be able to make it :)
Bah, to Hell with the New Yorkers and Canadians!

Tampa Bay Area and/or Florida SDNetters, UNITE!!

:mrgreen:
"Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences." - Midori Koto
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

I'd like to go, but not knowing my schedule meas no garuntees
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I have vacation time I'm not using...train isn't too expensive(wondering where to shack up for the night)

But sure I'm in.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Sounds like a gathering is taking place, almost like an Ent moot. :wink:

Count me in.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Ent moot? Well, if you've ever seen me and Rob, that's not too far off the mark. Dye Rob green, and he's Treebeard right there. ;-)

Anyway, glad to see the responses. As far as hotels are concerned, we might try to get a package deal. Stress might. If not, there are usually good deals to be had at hotwire.com and its ilk.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

*looks very closely at Aron's location, rubs eyes, blinks, looks again, wonder's if his vision's going*
JADAFETWA
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

aronkerkhof wrote:Ent moot? Well, if you've ever seen me and Rob, that's not too far off the mark. Dye Rob green, and he's Treebeard right there. ;-)

Anyway, glad to see the responses. As far as hotels are concerned, we might try to get a package deal. Stress might. If not, there are usually good deals to be had at hotwire.com and its ilk.
Or you could just crash at Stravo's ;)

I may be able to accomodate one or two folks as well.
To Absent Friends

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Actually, we could attempt a Florida ASVS/SDN and perhaps even SB meet for this thing. Orlando or Tampa Bay, maybe?
PrinceofLowLight
Jedi Knight

Post by PrinceofLowLight »

That'd be pretty cool to actually see you psychoes in person. Mind if I bring some non-boarders?
"Remember, being materialistic means never having to acknowledge your feelings"-Brent Sienna, PVP

"In the unlikely event of losing Pascal's Wager, I intend to saunter in to Judgement Day with a bookshelf full of grievances, a flaming sword of my own devising, and a serious attitude problem."- Rick Moen

SD.net Rangers: Chicks Dig It
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

I might show up, if I don't feel lazy.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Yeah, I assume non-boarders are welcome, so long as they can get tickets, unless Rob says otherwise. BTW Rob, when do you think we can find out what theaters are playing RotK? That will be crucial to making a final selection of place and time.

I think I'll update the site tomorrow with who is coming so far and who thinks they might come.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

aronkerkhof wrote:Yeah, I assume non-boarders are welcome, so long as they can get tickets, unless Rob says otherwise. BTW Rob, when do you think we can find out what theaters are playing RotK? That will be crucial to making a final selection of place and time.

I think I'll update the site tomorrow with who is coming so far and who thinks they might come.
Yeah, I think non-boarders would be cool. As for showtimes and stuff...hmm...I'm still thinking October/November. We'll just have to keep an eye on lotr.net.
To Absent Friends

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Dalton wrote:
aronkerkhof wrote:Ent moot? Well, if you've ever seen me and Rob, that's not too far off the mark. Dye Rob green, and he's Treebeard right there. ;-)

Or you could just crash at Stravo's ;)

I may be able to accomodate one or two folks as well.
Well if Rob and Lurker are coming across the pond then I'll probably co-ordinate with them about getting another hostel in the city (they are damn cost effective). Almost certainly they would all have room enough for those on cheap budgets and I mgiht be able to wrangle the mini-van for this trip.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Kuja wrote:*looks very closely at Aron's location, rubs eyes, blinks, looks again, wonder's if his vision's going*
Yes, I am hard core. :-) Actually, I have a very good "real life" friend in NY too, so it will be a multipurpose visit.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

aronkerkhof wrote:
Kuja wrote:*looks very closely at Aron's location, rubs eyes, blinks, looks again, wonder's if his vision's going*
Yes, I am hard core. :-) Actually, I have a very good "real life" friend in NY too, so it will be a multipurpose visit.
You are not allowed to involve "real-life" with anything related to an ASVS/SD.net gathering. it is specifically forbidden by the charter we wrote during the first gathering.

-Kingdom of Heaven
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

aronkerkhof wrote:
Yes, I am hard core. :-)
I've barely spoken to you, but I like you already. :D
JADAFETWA