30%
Maybe
33%

Total votes: 30

PrinceofLowLight
Jedi Knight

Post by PrinceofLowLight »

Mayhaps this should be stickied?
"Remember, being materialistic means never having to acknowledge your feelings"-Brent Sienna, PVP

"In the unlikely event of losing Pascal's Wager, I intend to saunter in to Judgement Day with a bookshelf full of grievances, a flaming sword of my own devising, and a serious attitude problem."- Rick Moen

SD.net Rangers: Chicks Dig It
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

I shall be there (and perhaps even the mysterious Marcao will as well).

Be wary, there are orcs about.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Better yet, sticky links to the three known meetups rather than just this thread ;)
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

It would probably best work as an announcement thread.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Is this Well known members only? Or can anyone go?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Darksider wrote:Is this Well known members only? Or can anyone go?
Not necessarily, no. But you will be outcast and relegated to the corner to feed on our scraps ;)
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Dalton wrote:
Not necessarily, no. But you will be outcast and relegated to the corner to feed on our scraps ;)
Can't go anyway 19th is a school day.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Perhaps we watch the movie in the afternoon then?~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Yup. I'd be up for anytime. What ever works for people.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

If time is an issue I wouldonly be able to attend and evening or night show unless its on the weekend. Work won't let me have fun any earlier.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Dalton wrote:
Because of my intense paranoia, i just have to ask.

You are joking, aren't you????????
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Darksider wrote:
Dalton wrote:

NO. And make sure you bring a clean rag and some shoe plish, some of us will want a shine before the movie starts.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Darksider wrote:Because of my intense paranoia, i just have to ask.

I already have a doggie bowl marked "Darksider".
To Absent Friends

aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Darksider wrote:
Dalton wrote:

Silence, impudent worm!
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Going to new york to see your sorry faces is a waste of my time and money anyway.

i can watch ROTK here in my own damn city.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Darksider wrote:Going to new york to see your sorry faces is a waste of my time and money anyway.

Awww, sorry kid. We'll let you come. But you'll have to sit in the trunk :lol:
To Absent Friends

Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Dalton wrote:
Darksider wrote:Going to new york to see your sorry faces is a waste of my time and money anyway.

Awww, sorry kid. We'll let you come. But you'll have to sit in the trunk :lol:

I was kidding too

I can't come anyway. Going to new york for this thing would bankrupt me at the moment.

Plus i'd have to miss some school (Which, for reasons that i'd care not to mention here, i can't do if i want good grades)
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

CmdrWilkens wrote: Well if Rob and Lurker are coming across the pond then I'll probably co-ordinate with them about getting another hostel in the city (they are damn cost effective). Almost certainly they would all have room enough for those on cheap budgets and I mgiht be able to wrangle the mini-van for this trip.
We fly out on the 18th (was going to be the 16th but Lurkers work objected) and We're looking at booking a room in a Hotel this time as we're there the whole weekend. ONce we decide on which one we'll book rooms for you and Phil as well (so i need to know if either of you are bringing anyone).
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

On the trip side of things is there a list Anywhere of who's coming and who needs accommodation (and what kind)?
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
PrinceofLowLight
Jedi Knight

Post by PrinceofLowLight »

May I humbly suggest the Battery Park Stadium as the theater? I'm pretty sure the screens are digital, it's probably going to be playing it on two screens, it's right next to the N/R, 1/9 and 4/5 trains, and it's conevnient for those who are driving because it's right near the Holland and Battery tunnels and right on the West Side Highway. The main attraction is that the theater is rarely crowded and we're practically guaranteed a big block of seats. The theater is also connected to an Applebees and a great Mexican place (as well as a ridiculously expensive hotel) if there's a dinner involved in this.
"Remember, being materialistic means never having to acknowledge your feelings"-Brent Sienna, PVP

"In the unlikely event of losing Pascal's Wager, I intend to saunter in to Judgement Day with a bookshelf full of grievances, a flaming sword of my own devising, and a serious attitude problem."- Rick Moen

SD.net Rangers: Chicks Dig It
Soontir C'boath
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

I was wondering...if we could meet up somewhere known?
I never really liked going to Manhatten because I get easily confused with the street signs. Not to mention that the streets are very long from one to another in which pisses me off if I went the wrong way.~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Soontir C'boath wrote:I was wondering...if we could meet up somewhere known?
I never really liked going to Manhatten because I get easily confused with the street signs. Not to mention that the streets are very long from one to another in which pisses me off if I went the wrong way.~Jason
Midtown Manhattan is a grid, how the hell could you get lost?

Hrm. I plan on taking the LIRR into Manhattan (POLL, how close is this place to Penn?). Mayhaps we could meet at Jamaica?
Last edited by Dalton on 2003-09-18 06:26pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Absent Friends

Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Rob Wilson wrote:On the trip side of things is there a list Anywhere of who's coming and who needs accommodation (and what kind)?
Aron's working on a list.
To Absent Friends

Soontir C'boath

I'm just not really comfy there I guess. I am use to bunches of houses with aparment buildings inbetween and nothing above 7 stories. ~Jason
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Soontir C'boath wrote:I'm just not really comfy there I guess. I am use to bunches of houses with aparment buildings inbetween and nothing above 7 stories. ~Jason
Hey, I get vertigo too, but if you get lost in Times Square you're pretty sad :D
To Absent Friends