Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Uh oh, Stravo is going Kosh on us, someone slap him till he gives us straight anwsers(Just kidding)

We have a lot of threads to end, so it may not be the endgame, but one thing's for sure, it will be glorius
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

FUCK!

I'm caught up, damnit, now I have to wait like the rest of ya'll for the next chapter. Damnit.

Oh, and I really hate how Boba was taken out(not to say that he's dead yet, but he's out of the fight for right now)
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

About the Nemesis vs Kirk thing, I'm wonder how the fuck Nemesis is going to get out of this, the MF is on the ground, and with the force the Shuttle could probly escape it, but he's also got Rogue Squadron, and a lightly armed Starfleet ship in orbit that could just blast the think from space along with the Slave 1, stranding him there.

Well, he probly could contact Vader with the force I guess.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Enjoy the latest chapter everyone, this chapter has alot going on, two of our heroes duel and do battle, a plot twist, a suprise or two, humor, sorrow and a whole lotta action and yet more wrinkles in our plot.

And again many thanks to the Guild for combing this for spelling and grammar.

Chapter 57: Damnation’s Defiance

Lord Darth Nemesis paused in his stride for a moment as he examined the scene before him. James Kirk, bloodied, burned and bruised with his gold command shirt torn at the shoulder draped down the front of his chest and a lightsaber held aloft over head. One arm obviously injured or maimed hung limply at his side.

He chuckled darkly and it was like thunderheads in the distance of a quickly approaching storm.

“Captain Kirk, do you seriously expect to challenge me in this state?” he nodded to the lightsaber in Kirk’s hand. “You don’t have a clue how to use that.”

Kirk smiled.

“If you’re so certain of that why don’t you come closer?” Kirk asked and whipped the blade down in front of him accompanied by a hungry hum from the cold blue blade.

Nemesis smiled cruelly.

“It will be such a pleasure to finally rid me of your annoyance once and for all, Captain.” Nemesis snarled and attacked. The crimson blade flashed upwards like a claw to decapitate the impetuous young Captain that had dared challenge him and his ultimate goals of conquest and redemption. This little ant of a man that stood in the breach and refused to move and allow Nemesis his final victory and bring order to the chaos. This thorn digging its way into his side reminding him that he once stood in that breach long ago.

The blue blade flashed up and Kirk barely realized his hand had moved, twisting the blade expertly upward and there was a loud electronic clash of light on light. The blades crackled against each other and the light illuminated both their faces. Surprise etched on Nemesis’ features and a bewildered smile on Kirk’s.

“You’ll find I’m full of surprises, Luke.” Kirk said in the cold darkness of the cavern.

“That name means NOTHING to me!” Nemesis roared, recovered the blade, caught Kirk’s blade at the end of his twisted it savagely in several hard turns and hooked the weapon out of Kirk’s hand, flinging it backwards into the cave where it landed with a clatter on the stone behind them.

The crimson blade was at Kirk’s throat.

“It seems your fate ends here on the end of my blade. Did you really think an untrained whelp like you could have challenged a Sith Lord?” Nemesis asked coldly.

“The thought has crossed my mind. But then again, you thought you could as well.”

Nemesis stared hard into the young captain’s eyes. Kirk could not tell what was going on in the Sith lord’s head.

“You will soon learn the folly of that belief.” Nemesis began and an idea entered his head unbidden like the soft whisper of silk on steel.

“Join me and we can end this destructive conflict.” Nemesis whispered coldly, leaning in as he spoke, the crimson blade dancing at Kirk’s throat.

“No.” Kirk replied. The visions of Imperial Kirk flashed through his mind. Nemesis smiled triumphantly.

“Your thoughts deceive you. I can feel the conflict within you.” Nemesis declared.

“The only conflict I have is how to kill you, you black hearted bastard!” Kirk shouted and his kick caught Nemesis in the solar plexus doubling the Sith lord over. Kirk leapt away back into the cave a desperate plan forming. Nemesis took up the chase immediately.

“You know that in the end there are only two ways out of here, fool!” Nemesis called after him.

Kirk stopped short as he kicked something under foot. Glancing down quickly he scooped up the phaser. he turned quickly to face the advancing Sith lord.

“Don’t make me kill you.” Kirk called out to Nemesis. Nemesis stared at the weapon then back at Kirk. He laughed slowly at first but it grew into a long cold laugh.

“Do your worst, James Kirk.” Nemesis advanced.

Kirk fired.

Nemesis walked casually forward, his hands barely seemed to move but the crimson blade whipped around him like a thing alive, intercepting each phaser bolt as if Kirk were throwing wadded up spit balls at him. The last bolt was reflected back and struck the phaser out of Kirk’s hand leaving him shaking his hand to get rid of the sudden numbness.

“Anything else you would like to try?” Nemesis asked sardonically.

“I don’t know what happened to you, Luke, but the man that Leia described to me is nothing like the monster that has killed billions in his ascent to power and carved a bloody swath through this galaxy.”

Nemesis paused for a moment. His eyes scanned the wounded captain as the words sunk in.

“Don’t say her name.” Nemesis snapped and held out a fist. Suddenly Kirk was catapulted off his feet and he went flying into the ground several meters away where he landed with a loud crash. “Do you understand me?” Nemesis continued pulling his hand back hard and Kirk was pulled off his feet like a rag doll and went head first into a boulder by Nemesis. Nemesis mercilessly kicked Kirk off the boulder and he rolled onto his back obviously stunned.

Nemesis glanced at the boulder and back at Kirk.

“Her name is not meant for you filthy little mouth.” Nemesis stated coldly and he raised one hand up above his head and the boulder effortlessly left the ground and hovered over Kirk, covering him in its shadow as he coughed up blood and tried to recover his wits and senses.

“Struck a nerve did I? She still believes in you, you know despite all this insanity and death. She still sees the Luke Skywalker that destroyed the Deathstar and made a stand against the Empire.” Kirk coughed as he spoke. “She believes in the man that stood by his friends in their darkest hour and came to rescue them even though he certainly knew it was a trap.”

Nemesis stared down at Kirk.

“Tell me about her?”

“Who?” he asked coldly.

“Leia.”

“Why do you want to know.”

“Intelligence reports said that perhaps you were lovers.”

He turned his head quickly as if stung.

“No.” he replied quickly.

The sound of the heavy mechanical breathing was the only sound in the room now as he stretched his legs in precise long strokes, feeling them loosen up.

“Your feelings betray you, my son. You have feelings for the princess.” Vader replied neutrally and strode out to the center of the dueling circle.

“Correction father I had feelings for the princess. Now there is only the power and the rage.” he replied coldly and casually vaulted over the bench he had been stretching on and landed to square up in front of the black armored giant. How I used to fear you, he mused.

“The Dark side does not tolerate divided allegiances.” Vader warned as he activated his crimson blade and extended it forward.

“The dark side? Or our master?” Nemesis asked coolly as his own blade extended with a snap hiss.

“Both.” Vader replied and the blades clashed with a loud hiss of power.

Nemesis blinked and saw Kirk again, groaning as he tried to sit up but also eyed the boulder hovering overhead.

“She came here not to help the Federation or even to stop the Empire. She gave up everything, abandoned the rebel alliance, all to save you.”

Nemesis felt the truth in his words.

“She will soon learn the power of the dark side.”

Kirk shook his head.

“She will not turn.”

“Don’t be so sure, little man. You have no conception of what you speak of. I hold in my hand the instrument of your destruction, with but a single thought I can end your pathetic existence.” Nemesis threatened as the boulder dropped slightly.

Kirk looked up at the boulder warily and back at Nemesis. He would not think of his plan now, he knew that the young Sith lord could read his mind as easily as Kirk read a book. He just had to keep him unbalanced and pin his hopes on an all powerful energy field he did not believe in.

“I’ve faced your star fleets, your invasions, and my so called inevitable death too many damned times to be threatened by a floating boulder.”

Nemesis regarded the young man for a moment and suddenly dropped his hand casually and the boulder crashed to earth mere inches from Kirk’s splayed body.

“You have courage and heart, I’ll grant you that, but it is not enough.”

“Why because it wasn’t enough for you?” Kirk snapped.

Nemesis’ eye twitched.

“Before you turn I will teach you respect.” Nemesis hissed and Kirk was suddenly picked up bodily and flung against a far wall of the cave. He did not slide down to the floor, instead he was held aloft, pinned to the stone cold wall by invisible hands that clutched at him like claws.

“I will not bandy about witless banter with you, Kirk. I am offering you the chance at saving your life.”

“At the cost of my very soul?”

Nemesis sneered.

Kirk was struck by a brutish backhanded blow across the face. Before he could recover another blow struck him from the opposite side driving his head to the left and just as his head snapped to the left another blow struck him on the right. Back and forth his head was jolted until blood poured from a corner of his mouth and both nostrils and he hovered on the edge of consciousness.

Not yet. He wasn’t mad enough yet.

“Enough Kirk? This can go on for a long time. I will not tire as I pound your flesh into submission.”

Kirk looked up at Nemesis one eye slowly swelling shut, blood shot through the whites of his eyeball.

“But you won’t break my spirit, Nemesis.” he spat a thick gob of blood at Nemesis.

Nemesis started to tremble.

“Why” Kirk was pulled off the wall and crashed into one of the ‘fingers’ of the altar, he heard ribs in his left side go. “won’t” Kirk jerked back off the ‘finger’ and rocketed into a stalagmite. His head lolled forward in shock, the pain was flaring throughout his body like a storm.

Still not ready.

“you” Kirk exploded upwards as if on a rocket and crashed against the ceiling of the cavern, very nearly impaled on a sharp stalactite. “turn?” Kirk crashed down at Nemesis feet with a bone jarring impact. He lay on his belly and groaned.

Nemesis crouched down on one knee and pulled Kirk’s head up by the hair.

Not yet…god I’m in pain….I’m alone, I’ve always known I would die alone.

“Tell me now, is it worth it? Turn and the pain will end, turn and join me and you will be soothed by the darkness and you can use the anger you feel now to become powerful. They never told you did they? No one ever told you that you were strong in the force. I can train you Kirk. Your power will grow and you will be as a god among men. You will bring order into the chaos. All you have to do is take my hand.” Nemesis extended his hand.

“Power?” Kirk spoke, his speech slurred.

“Yesss.” Nemesis replied coolly, feeling his triumph at hand.

A third path? Had Trelayne lied? There was no future as a Sith. Was it possible, could he forge a third path despite what Trelayne had told him?

Nemesis drank in the doubt like an elixir. Delight glistened in his eyes but deep in his heart something wailed in despair. Luke Skywalker beat at the cold black walls that had been erected around him. See now, anyone can turn. We have our answer, our vindication.

Kirk started to laugh.

Nemesis’ eyes narrowed on the Captain’s ruined face.

“Fan out and be careful.” McCoy ordered as they entered the cave network where the Captain’s trace heat signatures ended.

Spock remained by the Doctor’s side, phaser in hand.

Artoo trundled straight down the center of the cave, a spotlight lancing out into the darkness.

“Artoo do be careful!” Threepio called out after him. McCoy rolled his eyes.

“So much for the element of surprise.” Uhura noted sardonically as she patted McCoy on the shoulder and followed the droids into the cave.

“The caves seem to be interspersed with some dense pitchblende metals. The tricorder is having some difficulty pinning down precise life signs.” Spock noted with some concern.

“In other words this is a perfect spot for an ambush.” McCoy snapped angrily. “Listen you over eager garbage can, get back here and switch off that light!” McCoy called after Artoo.

“I found someone!” Threepio called back.

McCoy glanced at Spock and they both bolted for the droid.

Threepio stood over a human wrapped in a survival blanket. The rocks around him still pulsed dully, obviously superheated by a phaser to provide warmth. McCoy crouched down and gingerly turned the figure to face up.

“Tom Paris. And he looks like he’s in bad shape.” McCoy announced as he ran a mediscanner over the unconscious young officer. Spock flipped open his communicator.

“Spock to Mr. Scott.”

“Scott here.”

“Prepare for emergency transport back to the Millennium Falcon. One badly wounded, standby for my order.”

“Is it the Captain?” Scotty asked.

“Negative Mr. Scott, we are still trying to ascertain his whereabouts.” Spock replied and closed the communicator.

“I’ll stabilize him for transport.” McCoy said as he opened up his medkit attached to his hip and began administering mixes of antibiotics and stimulants to keep Tom in the world of the living and to prevent him from going into shock.

Chewbacca growled something and motioned with his head for Spock to come over.

Spock cautiously walked over to the Wookiee and peered into the darkness beyond. There was a large cave in the back of this cavern.

“He may have gone that way.” Spock surmised.

Chewbacca growled something else, a warning.

“Where?” Spock asked suddenly alarmed.

A sharp shriek quickly followed by an explosion at Spock’s feet was his answer. Spock fell backwards as more bolts of intense white flashed by the assembled group, each one accompanied by a harsh shriek. Chewbacca began firing his bowcaster with one hand into the general direction of the attack and with the other dragged Spock behind cover.

“Uhura, cover me. I need more time to get him stabilized.”

Uhura nodded and peered over one of the rock outcroppings and instantly ducked back down as more fire concentrated on her.

“What are those?” McCoy asked as he finished making the last injection with the hypospray and snapped his medkit shut.

Spock propped himself up against the rock that Chewbacca was using as cover.

“The sound and secondary explosive effects seem to indicate some sort of disruptor weapon,” a bolt took off the upper part of the rock outcropping they were using as cover. Spock glanced up at the damaged solid stone. “Obviously heavily modified.”

“Klingons?” McCoy asked.

“It would be illogical for Klingons to be here this far from this space utilizing a modification to their weapons that they would find dishonorable.” Spock shouted over the next volley.

“A simple no would have sufficed!” McCoy snapped.

“I’m no military expert but it seems to me that we’re woefully outgunned here.” Uhura noted with growing alarm.

“Mr. Scott! Energize.” Spock shouted into the communicator over the din of battle.

“Mr. Spock, there is a transport scattering field in place at your location.” Scott reported with concern.

“It seems that matters have grown worse.” Spock noted as another disruptor bolt exploded

Threepio had ducked down into an alcove at the edge of the cavern and watched the exchange of fire with a sense of alarm and urgency. They could be over run and then what? He saw Artoo quietly rolling along the lower portion of the cavern, trying his best to use the rocks and stalagmites as cover.

Where was he going?

“What’s so funny?” Nemesis demanded, jerking Kirk’s head forward and clutching him by the chin with one hand.

Kirk continued laughing until he had a coughing fit and spat up some more blood.

“I just got the damned punch line of this joke.”

Nemesis said nothing.

“You turned to the dark side and now here you are trying to turn me. Why? Why did you come all this way, tracking me down and trailing me over hundreds of light years, then following my tracks through miles of frost ridden tundra?”

“Make your point.” Nemesis growled and squeezed Kirk’s chin tightly, blood flowed from his mouth down Nemesis’ fingers.

“You knew where I was going to be, how the hell else did you find me? You knew exactly where I was going to be and you came for me.”

“And?”

Kirk looked into Nemesis’ eyes.

“Why didn’t you bring one of your stardestroyers? Why didn’t you come with the full intention of capturing or killing me Luke?”

“I’d say I’ve done a fine job of both and watch what you call me.” Nemesis squeezed Kirk’s chin even tighter.

Almost, though part of him shuddered at the pain that was to come.

“I’ll tell you why. You wanted to turn me not kill me and why did you want to turn me? After all what’s there to gain in turning me? I’m no one, a man out of time with no realistic hope of defeating your war machine. The best I can hope for is make you pay dearly for every world you take but I’m no real threat to you. Hell you’ve beaten me into a pulp in less time than it takes me to shower. What threat could I possibly be to you?” Kirk demanded.

Nemesis stared into Kirk’s eyes, shadows hooded his gaze.

“But you’re not happy with your decision are you Luke?” Nemesis squeezed Kirk’s chin harder. “You don’t think you made the right choice. It’s eating at you and you decided that if you could turn me, if you could make me, the last hope of the Federation turn to the dark side that it would vindicate you.”

“Shut up.” Nemesis whispered.

“You would no longer be the weak willed boy that could not face death.”

“Shut up.” Nemesis’ voice rose.

“You would not be the coward that couldn’t make one last stand no matter what the odds.”

“Shut up.”

“You would not be the traitor to yourself. What happened to the farm boy who dreamed of flying among the stars? When did he become a mass murdering villain?”

“SHUT UP!” Nemesis roared and stood up, taking Kirk with him by the throat. He held Kirk up high with one hand and squeezed his vile throat, Kirk clutched futilely with one hand at Nemesis’ stony grip.

Now.

He concentrated and projected. His final kiss goodbye to Leia. How her lips felt, the supple arch of her back, the heat of her passion. He projected every iota of detail from his memory of that moment at Nemesis.

Nemesis’ eyes widened.

“YOU BASTARD!!”

Kirk went flying like a rag doll right where he should have. He crashed among the stony ‘fingers’ of the altar and rolled down on his belly at the edge of the pool. He saw the clear cool waters and looked up at the crystal spikes above the pool where the water ran off.

This place was strong in the light side of the Force. Strong enough to project phantoms from his own mind and give them shape, strong enough to help him when his life was on the line against the bounty hunter. Now he pinned all his hopes that it would be powerful enough to open Luke Skywalker’s eyes.

Nemesis loomed over him.

“You have insulted me for the last time.” Nemesis vowed. He extended his hands and focused his raw anger and blue lightning spat from his fingers. Kirk roared in pain as the lightning lanced through him and drove him into the altar. The lightning danced over him hungrily, burning away his life force.

Nemesis advanced on him, hands held out in front of him emitting the stream of force lightning while the other held the lightsaber at the ready. Kirk writhed like an animal on the floor, convulsing in pain and screaming, the blue lightning arced between his lips and sparked, some danced around his eyed and his heart was about to explode in his chest as the thicker tendrils tore through his body.

He rolled back into the pool and reached out. Every time his hand reached out to the pool new pain burned through every fiber of his being forcing him to convulse into a fetal ball. Nemesis stood over him feeling his life burn away like parchment in fire.

He held up his hand and the lightning died away, several tendrils danced along his fingers and down his wrist like water. He smiled coldly as he watched Kirk feebly reach into the pool.

“You proud fool, only now, at the end do you realize what you were up against. Your feeble courage was no match for the power of the darkside.” Nemesis gloated.

Kirk ignored everything but his hand and the pool. The rest of his body was on fire, his breaths came long and ragged, punctuated with sharp pain. Obviously his broken ribs had punctured a lung. His vision was blurring

“Now, you have this one last chance, James T. Kirk. Join me and we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.”

He felt his hands touch the cool water. His entire mind was focused on this one last chance. He cupped the water in his hand and turned his head to look into Nemesis’ eyes.

He whispered something.

Nemesis paused.

“What?”

Kirk coughed and his lips moved again.

Nemesis frowned and bent over, one hand reached out and grabbed Kirk’s ruined collar and pulled him up to his face.

“What did you say?” Nemesis demanded.

“Wake up Luke Skywalker.” Kirk whispered hoarsely as he slapped the hand onto Nemesis’ open sneering mouth. Much of the water in his hand splashed into Nemesis’ mouth.

The Sith Lord jerked backwards and slapped Kirk way, the casual blow cleanly snapping Kirk’s wrist. Kirk grunted in pain but could no longer muster any more energy. He simply slipped back down to the altar and his head draped down the side of the pool into the water and waited to die.

Nemesis spat and gagged as the cool clean water slid down his throat. The cave was no longer dark and cold but brightened as if the stone were alive with light pulsing around him, pure white clean light and all shadow was driven away.

“What…What have you done to me?” Nemesis exclaimed.

“This is a most dire predicament doctor.”

“That’s all you can say Spock?!” McCoy exclaimed.

“We are pinned down by superior fire power and numbers Doctor. What would you like me to do?” Spock replied as more bolts shrieked by overhead. Chewbacca fired another volley with his bow caster and roared triumphantly as he heard a scream of pain from beyond the darkness.

“At least he’s not giving up.” McCoy shouted angrily. “Go get ‘em Chewie.” McCoy said and slapped Chewbacca on his shoulder. Chewbacca chuckled and roared his agreement with the sentiment.

“I don’t think it will have to come to that!” Leia exclaimed as she raced into the cavern firing her blaster trailed by Captain Entebbe and his security force. Wedge led several of the rogues on the left flank laying down heavy fire with their blasters.

“The Princess!” Uhura shouted excitedly.

“Who would have thought Spock? We’re being rescued by a princess!” McCoy laughed.

“I do not understand the reference.” Spock replied with a slightly arched eyebrow.

McCoy grumbled something incomprehensible. Leia rushed over to them.

“What’s happening?”

“We are pinned down by an unknown group and I believe the Captain is beyond in that cave network.”

Leia reached out and could feel Jim. His pain was almost intolerable. But she suddenly felt something else as well, a presence looming over everything that she had not felt since Earth.

“Luke.” She whispered. She looked into McCoy’s eyes and gripped his forearm. “We must get through to them now.”

“Leave that to us princess.” Wedge said and nodded to Captain Entebbe.

“Let’s do this gents!” Entebbe shouted to his security team.

Nemesis reeled backwards as he was flooded with memories and half forgotten ghosts.

“There’s nothing for me here now. I want to go with you to Alderaan and learn the ways of the Force and be a Jedi like my father .”

He stumbled forward clutching his head and trying to block out the light that flooded around him, driving his shadows away.

“How did my father die?”

“A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil helped hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. He betrayed and murdered your father.”

LIAR

“Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father.”

“He told me enough. He told me you killed him.”

“No, I am your father.”

Nemesis dropped to his knees and he bowed his head as the light blinded him. The memories flooded around him like a tempest.

“Wake up Luke.” Kirk whispered fervently like a mantra but he lacked the strength to even sit up. He lay in the pool, his blood slowly seeping into the water, smoke still rising from his body.

“That name no longer has any meaning for me.”

“But it is your name just as Luke Skywalker was mine.”

“No longer. As a Sith we shed the past and are reborn as masters of rage.”

“He betrayed and murdered your father.

“As a Sith we shed the past and are reborn as masters of rage.”

“A young Jedi named Darth Vader.”

“That name no longer has any meaning for me.”

Nemesis pounded his fists into the unyielding stone, his lightsaber rolled away from him as he screamed. There was no physical pain. But the memories were shredding his heart like shrapnel and a growing realization that he had not been able to face in these long months.

Ochoa’s soft voice intruded in his thoughts lending a pale calming glow.

“Luke, you are angry at Ben. After getting to know you I would say that you’re angry at the whole universe. But this is not who you are. Han, the gentle soul I grew to care for in this cell is a pale reflection of the true Luke Skywalker. Ben told me so much about you, he told me what drove you, how your aunt and uncle were killed by the very Empire that you serve now.”

“He told me about all you sacrificed, your hard work to try and become a Jedi knight like your father before you. But then you were betrayed, betrayed not because they wanted to use or manipulate you but because they wanted to protect you.”

“They did not want you to face the fact that the man you grew up idolizing and dreaming about was actually the second most evil man in the galaxy, a cyborg monstrosity that serves the Dark side. He is not the man that you idolized.”

“Luke.”

Nemesis looked up slowly, the pain of the light had vanished now, but a brighter light now glowed like a second sun. He held a hand up before his eyes to shield himself from the light but it was not harsh. It was warm like an autumn day.

“Leia?”

Leia stood in front of him wreathed in white light. She wore the same white dress she wore when he first saw her so long ago, save that this dress was crafted from white shimmering light.

“Luke, I am here for you as I have always been.”

“Leia.” He whispered.

“Luke come back to me.”

“Leia, it’s so dark here.”

“I know Luke. Please come back into the light.”

“They lied to me Leia.”

She smiled and for some reason he thought of the mother he never really knew.

“I never lied to you, Luke.”

“My work here isn’t finished.”

“What are you waiting for?”

“My father, Leia. My father. I have to save him.”

“Luke, can you? You have to be able to save yourself if you want to save your father and you so perilously close to the abyss now. Closer than you have ever been.”

“It’s so much easier in the dark, Leia. I am so tired of carrying the only hope in this galaxy, so tired of being the one that everyone looks to.” He paused as he dropped his head back into his hands. “I miss Tatooine.”

“Luke, I will be here for you. But your path is taking you farther away from the light and soon you will not be able to find your way back.”

“Leia, I miss you. I miss Han. I miss it all.”

Leia smiled and he basked in the beauty of the smile, closing his eyes as he let the light play on his face as he had done thousands of times on Tatooine and just as suddenly as it had appeared the light vanished.

He was kneeling on the stone in the cavern again. Nemesis glanced around slowly feeling his senses back under his control. His eyes found Kirk lying very still in the pool.

“You did this to me. You made me remember.” He spat and the lightsaber leapt into his hand as he rose like an avenging angel. He moved, hands pulling back, the lightsaber activated with a snap hiss.

“Wake up, Luke.” Kirk whispered eyes locked on the approaching Sith lord. He had nothing left, completely spent, he waited for the stroke of the lightsaber.

“Sleep forever James Kirk. Your adventure is over.” He snarled and brought the lightsaber down to Kirk’ head.

The lightsaber blade exploded into a thousand flashing red butterflies. Nemesis stared in shock as suddenly his world turned upside down.

Kirk opened his mouth to speak when his jaw dropped off his face and rolled down his chest in a gelatinous mass. Nemesis started to scream but his eye balls inflated like balloons and floated out of his head as his body quivered and his right leg slid off like a falling tree trunk.

And…Reality…simply…unhinged.

“Are they down?”

“Look at ‘em.”

Nemesis and Kirk were writhing on the floor, screaming incoherently. A low dull thrumming filled the cave. A large suitcase sized device was set on a tripod behind the altar. It pulsed a sickly green like an obscene heartbeat.

Six figures stood behind the device, each one wore an intricate spacesuit, and each suit had a heavy belt that also pulsing sickly green.

“Check your subspace harmonic nullifiers.”

The figures each checked their belts and nodded.

“Just what the hell does this thing do?”

One of the figures sighed heavily. The Vulcan shook his head. “For the last time it is a Subspace Harmonic Generator.”

“Great that answers our question.” The Andorian replied rolling his eyes. The men gathered around Nemesis. Out of sight of the men, Artoo quietly rolled closer, using the rocks as cover.

“Are you familiar with the concepts behind warp drive?” The Vulcan asked in a bored tone as he slapped a collar around Nemesis’ neck while the others held him down. The collar activated with a deep hum. Nemesis stiffened and remained as still as a statue.

Artoo let out a low mournful whistle.

“Did you hear something?” The Andorian asked. The others ignored him.

“I never get over seeing those slaver stasis collars at work.” One of the men snorted as they hefted Nemesis up on their shoulders.

“Me am hungry.” The Nausican grunted.

“Calm down Grogna, we’ll hit the mess as soon as we beam up.”

“As I was saying” the Vulcan continued. “warp drive creates a subspace shell around the ship allowing it to travel faster than light.”

“Yeah so?”

“This generator functions along the same concept, it creates a subspace bubble in a confined space.”

“Why they scream?” the Nausican asked.

“Because my brutish ally the subspace bubble essentially erases the very laws of physics, right down to the fundamental laws. A new subset of rules exists in this bubble, so in essence, reality no longer exists and the mind can simply not cope with the new rules set and lashes out.”

“So they go crazy?”

“In a manner of speaking. Temporarily of course, once out of the field’s effect recovery can be quick. However prolonged exposure simply kills the subject as their mind shuts down, unable to deal with the new reality for very long.” The Vulcan explained as they stepped off the altar with Nemesis stiff as a board on their shoulders.

“Good thing we have these belts or we’d be the ones doing the crazy man mambo.”

“What’s a mambo?” the Nausican asked.

The Andorian paused and glanced down at Kirk.

“Hey, is that James Kirk?”

The Vulcan snorted.

“Surely you have not fallen for that pathetic line of propaganda.”

“C’mon Taloth, everyone knows that the Feds are claimin’ Kirk came back from the dead to help boost morale. That old legend’s been dead for years.” One of the humans added.

“It just looks a lot like him, he even has the old uniform on.” Taloth replied defensively.

“Since when have you become a historian Taloth, let’s go. The boss is impatient and you know how he can get when he adds something to his collection.”

“Alright, alright, but damn if he’s not the spitting image.”

A series of explosions rippled outside the cave. The six looked over to the sound with concern.

“Looks like those Feddies are makin’ a push. Get the device and lets get the hell out of here.”

“There’s no need for concern.” The Vulcan replied as he deftly switched off the device and dismounted it off the tripod. Artoo rolled closer, excited to see his master but saddened by his fate so far.

“Gold Team to Wraith, we’re a go.” One of the humans reported into a wrist com.

“Copy that Gold Team, energizing.”

Artoo decided then and there that he had to do something, anything. In his frustration he simply raced forward, charging the group of men holding his master.

“What the hell?!”

“What that?!”

“Look out!”

The assembled team, the device, Nemesis and Artoo vanished in columns of light.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Been awhile...first post :d~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Okay, who the hell were those masked men?
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

What the Hell?!?!?

It gets more complicated... :shock:

So, are they working for the Empire, the Imperium or an Independant? :?
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Seems folks are far more interested in a teeny tiny plot twist over the fight everyone's been asking for since this story began. Interesting......

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Complications! wooo!

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Stravo wrote:Seems folks are far more interested in a teeny tiny plot twist over the fight everyone's been asking for since this story began. Interesting......
Actually I quite like the part when Luke remembered the past when Kirk shoved the water in this mouth. It was enhanced by Celes theme though so listening to that and reading that part at the same time was just great.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

*blink* Woah...
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Where did that come from? And ripping up the already ripped up fabric of space is not going to be good. So did Q lie to Kirk? It seems like a third option has been introduced, or the two options have not yet been offered.. cripes.. Stravo! Hurry up with the next chapter so we can find out :-)
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Wow, did not see that coming, and I was playing the Gladiator theme, and it switched from battle music to reflection music right when Luke gets the water.

Definatley not Imperium or Empire, maybe what's left of Section 31, or heck, maybe its the Orion Syndicate.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

They just appear to be slave traders who just got a whole load of fuck when Luke wakes up ...
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Agent R
Padawan Learner

Post by Agent R »

The lightsaber blade exploded into a thousand flashing red butterflies. Nemesis stared in shock as suddenly his world turned upside down.

Kirk opened his mouth to speak when his jaw dropped off his face and rolled down his chest in a gelatinous mass. Nemesis started to scream but his eye balls inflated like balloons and floated out of his head as his body quivered and his right leg slid off like a falling tree trunk.

And…Reality…simply…unhinged.
I love that image! :D

This is most certainly an interesting twist. I wonder who the other three of the six were?
No conscience. No law. No stopping them....

....well, maybe a Happy Meal would do it.

Ka Anor needs test subjects!
I still think Furlings look like tribbles
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Crown wrote:They just appear to be slave traders who just got a whole load of fuck when Luke wakes up ...
The fact that they are using slaver stasis collars, doesnt automatcially make them slave traders.

Personally it looks like someone really didnt like Luke, and was tracking him down & planning on doing something to him.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

My questions is when Artoo chases after his master, is it refering to Luke or Kirk
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

ggs wrote:
Crown wrote:They just appear to be slave traders who just got a whole load of fuck when Luke wakes up ...
The fact that they are using slaver stasis collars, doesnt automatcially make them slave traders.

Personally it looks like someone really didnt like Luke, and was tracking him down & planning on doing something to him.
Ahhh, going from memory wouldn't they have needed Hyperdrive to just keep up with him, let alone set up a trap to capture him?
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Ender wrote:My questions is when Artoo chases after his master, is it refering to Luke or Kirk
Artoo was referring to Luke. Kirk wasn't taken it was Luke being carried off in the transporter beam. Artoo saw his master and wanted to save him.

All will be clear soon but I will say that someone here hit it as to what faction was involved in this ambush but the true villain behind this plot will soon be revealed. A BIG clue was droppped in the last chapter as to the possibility of an ambush.

FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Well, they were using modified disruptors. Sounds like it might well be linked to Kahn. In any case, it doesn't seem Imperial/Imperium related.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
Mitth
Youngling

Post by Mitth »

I didn't have time to read it in depth, but that was a great distraction from my horrible science test grade here at school. I loved the part where Luke was remembering scenes from his past.. I just loved the whole fight. Hell, I love the whole story! Great work Stravo, I look foward to the next chapter!

-Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Tugging a rhythm to the vision that's in my head
Tugging a beat to the sight of you lying
So delighted with a new understanding
Something about a little evil that makes that
Unmistakable noise I was hearing
Unmistakable sound that I know so well
Spent and sighing with a look in your eye
Spent and sighing with a look on your face like

Sweet revelation, sweet surrender
sweet, sweet surrender
Surrender...
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

Another great chapter Stravo!

Some comments:

Kirk's question should not have been 'what threat could I be to you?' but 'what *help* can I be to you?'

Leia's name should not have been mentioned immediately upon her coming to McCoy's team's rescue. You know, blasts coming from behind them out of nowhere, one looks back to see what's happening, *then* she speaks out loud and everyone turns around :D

I think it's Section 31. Remember that guy who was going to use that teleporting sniper rifle on Nemesis? He never got the chance to use it, but the whole plotline can't be dropped just like that, right? :)

I have absolutely no idea what's the big hint from last chapter though. :|
Busily picking nuggets out of my well-greased ass.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Well, we have the guy trying to assassinate Nemisis...we have the borg/Picard thing...We have reality destroying itself...what ever happened to Janeway? You know Stravo...I think you've forgotten some of your own sidestories... :D
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Captain_Cyran wrote:Well, we have the guy trying to assassinate Nemisis...we have the borg/Picard thing...We have reality destroying itself...what ever happened to Janeway? You know Stravo...I think you've forgotten some of your own sidestories... :D
Never doubt me my freind....I wonder if your feelings are clear on this matter Cyran? :twisted:

Lex
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lex »

I know i am not to critic anyone, but i highly dislike the ending... why didnt Nemesis just kill Kirk? and even if his mind tricks worked, the appearance of this wierdos is highly unlikely... i suppose you are a kirk fan,according to your avatar), but he simple should have died in the cavern... it was enough that he not only escaped Boba Fett, but also evaded death by nemesis' lightsaber!

btw: i hope Fett will escape from the worm as he fled from the sarlacc, he's MY fav character ;)

Other than that, great story!!
As long there is gravity, ride on...