30%
Maybe
33%

Total votes: 30

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Dalton wrote:
Soontir C'boath wrote:I was wondering...if we could meet up somewhere known?
I never really liked going to Manhatten because I get easily confused with the street signs. Not to mention that the streets are very long from one to another in which pisses me off if I went the wrong way.~Jason
Midtown Manhattan is a grid, how the hell could you get lost?

Hrm. I plan on taking the LIRR into Manhattan (POLL, how close is this place to Penn?). Mayhaps we could meet at Jamaica?
I don't leave the island proper unless its an extreme emergency or there's potential poon involved. Considering this testosterone heavy group I sincerely doubt poonage would be involved in enticing me to leave Manhattan. :P
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

There's an LIRR station here in Woodside heh. Guess I would have to figure out what time your train comes and which car heh if you do so..~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
PrinceofLowLight
Jedi Knight

Post by PrinceofLowLight »

The theater's about a half hour subway ride from Penn. Hmmm...in retrospect, maybe Battery Park wouldn't be so great, especially for people coming from out of town. Downtown is really hard to navigate.
"Remember, being materialistic means never having to acknowledge your feelings"-Brent Sienna, PVP

"In the unlikely event of losing Pascal's Wager, I intend to saunter in to Judgement Day with a bookshelf full of grievances, a flaming sword of my own devising, and a serious attitude problem."- Rick Moen

SD.net Rangers: Chicks Dig It
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Ok, we need to know how people are getting to New York, if enough are coming by Train then we can meet up at Penn Station (a 10 minute walk from Times Square with ample Pub placement along the way :wink: ). Plus nearly all Subways go through the place.

Lurker and I are angling to get a place off Cantral Park so can get to Penn by Subway anyway.

Also needed is a Meeting time (preferably about an hour before the film so that there is time for people missing a connection or whatever and still having time).

If enough people need accomodation for their Stay, I'll try to block book a place (not easy to do over the Xmas weekend so I'll need to know How many sooner rather than later).

So in order :
1. List of people coming.
1a. How many need rooms.
2. Where to meet up.
3. When to meet up.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Stravo wrote:I don't leave the island proper unless its an extreme emergency or there's potential poon involved. Considering this testosterone heavy group I sincerely doubt poonage would be involved in enticing me to leave Manhattan. :P
I meant, for people coming IN to Manhattan. Not people already there :)
Soontir C'boath wrote:There's an LIRR station here in Woodside heh. Guess I would have to figure out what time your train comes and which car heh if you do so..
Oh, you're in Woodside? Hmm. That sounds like a good idea maybe.
PrinceofLowLight wrote:The theater's about a half hour subway ride from Penn. Hmmm...in retrospect, maybe Battery Park wouldn't be so great, especially for people coming from out of town. Downtown is really hard to navigate.
Yeah, I think that might be a bad idea.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Rob Wilson wrote:<snip>So in order :
1. List of people coming.
1a. How many need rooms.
2. Where to meet up.
3. When to meet up.
1) Every member within a 550mi radius of the statue of Liberty
1a) None, we're all gonna sleep on benches in Central park to get the authentic New York experience of being mugged.

2) Penn is probably as good a place as any. If you and Lurker come in and the timing is right I could probably grab you guys again this year.

2a) I am angling to get either the minivan or full-size sedan from my parents (it won't have my new stereo but I'll sacrifice for the space) so room won't be cramped over the weekend driving around town (if we drive anywhere around town, again breaking as many traffic laws as is possible).

3) I'd think we ought to target a permanent resident's location closest to the chosen theater.

3a) That will require us to choose a theater.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Planning on exact times and what not might be jumping the gun a bit, since we aren't 100% sure what theaters are showing the movie. I was concerned about getting the idea out this early, but since the date itself is a given, people could at least get rooms.

At any rate, I'm definately coming, and I'll need a place to stay. I might shack up with my buddy... I have to check on that.

Also, this weekend is Nici and I's anniversary (8)), but when I get back, I'll update the site with some more info like attendance list and whatnot. Let me know if you have any suggestions for stuff that should go up.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

aronkerkhof wrote:Planning on exact times and what not might be jumping the gun a bit, since we aren't 100% sure what theaters are showing the movie. I was concerned about getting the idea out this early, but since the date itself is a given, people could at least get rooms.
Well an exact time isn't needed as we could meet up at 1500 for example and then a couple hours yakking and chatting if necessary. But if we have an idea of how many I can work on the rooms (I'll need to know if people need Single, twin or Double rooms).
aronkerkhof wrote:Also, this weekend is Nici and I's anniversary (8)), but when I get back, I'll update the site with some more info like attendance list and whatnot. Let me know if you have any suggestions for stuff that should go up.
Hope you Nici are having a happy anniversary. 8)
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Soontir C'boath
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Dalton wrote:
Soontir C'boath wrote:I'm just not really comfy there I guess. I am use to bunches of houses with aparment buildings inbetween and nothing above 7 stories. ~Jason
Hey, I get vertigo too, but if you get lost in Times Square you're pretty sad :D
DEFINITLY NOOOOT THERE!!! No way would I get lost at Times Square.~Jason I mean the other more obscured areas.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Rob Wilson wrote:
aronkerkhof wrote:Planning on exact times and what not might be jumping the gun a bit, since we aren't 100% sure what theaters are showing the movie. I was concerned about getting the idea out this early, but since the date itself is a given, people could at least get rooms.
Well an exact time isn't needed as we could meet up at 1500 for example and then a couple hours yakking and chatting if necessary. But if we have an idea of how many I can work on the rooms (I'll need to know if people need Single, twin or Double rooms).
What you mean we aren't just going to rent a four room suite and bring the bar ladies back to see how they perform on the comlimentary pole?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

I would if I could but right now things are just a little to fucked up right now.
Brotherhood of the Monkey: Rabid Sith Monkey from hell.
Mad scribbler of the Writer's Guild Headquarters
Grand Inquisitor of ASVS (ret) ASVS Vets Assc.

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

There is an 85% chance of me showing up. Of course, no rooming arrangement is necessary for me, and I'll provide my own transportation/buy my own ticket.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Ok, I've posted a tentative attendance list to the site. If you have the time, please check and see if you're listed and in the right category. By the way, if you're bringing someone that is a non-board member, please let me know by saying you're bringing two friends or whatever. These things tend to snowball, as in the more people come, the more people come. So, I want the actual attendance number as accurate as possible. If you think you can come but might have to back out later, that's cool, we don't mind. :-)

I'm also going to link the names to the user info pages here to help people coordinate. Let me know if any other info on the site would be useful at this time.
Soontir C'boath

Just want to know Dalton. If you're going by LIRR what time might you go?
I have school on that day. :oops: ~Jason
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

aronkerkhof wrote:Ok, I've posted a tentative attendance list to the site. If you have the time, please check and see if you're listed and in the right category. By the way, if you're bringing someone that is a non-board member, please let me know by saying you're bringing two friends or whatever. These things tend to snowball, as in the more people come, the more people come. So, I want the actual attendance number as accurate as possible. If you think you can come but might have to back out later, that's cool, we don't mind. :-)

I'm also going to link the names to the user info pages here to help people coordinate. Let me know if any other info on the site would be useful at this time.
You can change my name over to my real one. It just looks wierd being one of only four screen names on the definates list.

-Kingdom of Heaven
Baron Scarpia
Jedi Knight

Post by Baron Scarpia »

If you're going to see LotR in NYC, you simply MUST see it at the IMAX theater at Sony Lincoln Center! That's where I've seen the last two, and it's unbeatable. Massive screen (IMAX, folks!), gorgeous surround sound and stadium seating. Did I mention the GIGUNDOUS screen?
I believe in the Holy Trinity: Bach the Father, Beethoven the Son and Brahms the Holy Ghost.
Soontir C'boath

Stadium seating? As in those plastic cheap ass chairs with no cup holder? Or those stone blocks that the Romans used as seats? :arrow: :wink:

Anyway if Wilkens is doing it then replace my name with Jason Wang. :D

Cyaround,
Jason
Baron Scarpia
Jedi Knight

Post by Baron Scarpia »

Soontir C'boath wrote:Stadium seating? As in those plastic cheap ass chairs with no cup holder? Or those stone blocks that the Romans used as seats? :arrow: :wink:
I KNOW you're just joking, right? RIGHT?
I believe in the Holy Trinity: Bach the Father, Beethoven the Son and Brahms the Holy Ghost.
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Baron Scarpia wrote:If you're going to see LotR in NYC, you simply MUST see it at the IMAX theater at Sony Lincoln Center! That's where I've seen the last two, and it's unbeatable. Massive screen (IMAX, folks!), gorgeous surround sound and stadium seating. Did I mention the GIGUNDOUS screen?
Thats where I've seen each of the LOTR at the midnight show opening night. Nothing beatst the Loews or the IMAX screen.

Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

well it is a bit of a drive, but i could crash at my aunt's in Stamford....
when you decide on what show i can give a more definate answer.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Soontir C'boath

Baron Scarpia wrote:
Soontir C'boath wrote:Stadium seating? As in those plastic cheap ass chairs with no cup holder? Or those stone blocks that the Romans used as seats? :arrow: :wink:
I KNOW you're just joking, right? RIGHT?
Hmmm...I guess you mean the steel rows of seats that are like the ones at my school here. Or hey you mean the wooden type in the auditorium. :P ~Jason
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Soontir C'boath wrote:Just want to know Dalton. If you're going by LIRR what time might you go?
Well, probably later in the afternoon, around four or five maybe? Depends on the showtime and whether or not we're doing a nerdherd to Red Lobster or something beforehand.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Dalton wrote:
Soontir C'boath wrote:Just want to know Dalton. If you're going by LIRR what time might you go?
Well, probably later in the afternoon, around four or five maybe? Depends on the showtime and whether or not we're doing a nerdherd to Red Lobster or something beforehand.
You mean I have to break bread with you bastards too?! :P

Oh and Aaron you can put me as a definate.

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Dalton wrote:
Sounds good, 'cause I have school that day, too.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Dalton wrote:
Can I just say, "Fuck Red Lobster." I'll eat anywhere but that place. Yes, even the Korean dive that serves up dog.