Maybe
33%

Total votes: 30

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

aronkerkhof wrote:
Dalton wrote:
Soontir C'boath wrote:Just want to know Dalton. If you're going by LIRR what time might you go?
I have school on that day. :oops: ~Jason
Well, probably later in the afternoon, around four or five maybe? Depends on the showtime and whether or not we're doing a nerdherd to Red Lobster or something beforehand.
Can I just say, "Fuck Red Lobster." I'll eat anywhere but that place. Yes, even the Korean dive that serves up dog.
Hmmm I get th feeling you and RL don't get along to well :P

Still cool if the times are mid afternoon...at least allow me to settle in.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

aronkerkhof wrote:Can I just say, "Fuck Red Lobster." I'll eat anywhere but that place. Yes, even the Korean dive that serves up dog.
Lobster wasn't quite a lobster? Maybe we can do Hard Rock Cafe again then :)
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Dalton wrote:
Soontir C'boath wrote:Just want to know Dalton. If you're going by LIRR what time might you go?
Well, probably later in the afternoon, around four or five maybe? Depends on the showtime and whether or not we're doing a nerdherd to Red Lobster or something beforehand.
Well I probably can't make it up there before 6 unless I can edge out on the last two hours of work (actually not that hard). I'm off at 2 btu it'll still be 3-4 hours fighting traffic northward. If you guys want to plan on maybe dinner around the 6-7 timeframe that would be perfect. Again I can move up a little bit but not earlier than 4, that'd be impossible.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Dalton wrote:
That's cool. I leave school at 1:30.~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
PrinceofLowLight
Jedi Knight

Post by PrinceofLowLight »

You can put me and one other full-time lurker as a definite (may end up having one more)
"Remember, being materialistic means never having to acknowledge your feelings"-Brent Sienna, PVP

"In the unlikely event of losing Pascal's Wager, I intend to saunter in to Judgement Day with a bookshelf full of grievances, a flaming sword of my own devising, and a serious attitude problem."- Rick Moen

SD.net Rangers: Chicks Dig It
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

I'd go but I think that it would just be awkward.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

I might come, or I might not. Depends on the time and my schedule...
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Ok, it looks like the powers that be are going to release this think on Wednesday, the 17th. This alters the equation somewhat. It is probably going to be a problem for me to make it mid-week, but since I'm self-employed, I can probably sort it out. How about the rest of you?

How many could make it that Wednesday? How many would rather put it off until Friday?
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Friday for me is much easier than midweek.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Still rather on Fridays...mostly because it's easier for me to take a day off versus Wednesday which would be taking a day off...and then come back to work the next day.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Wednesday, Friday, whatever. I'm not employed yet.

At least if it's Friday there'll be no question about what show we're going to watch, as the midnight shows are on that Wednesday only IIRC and we could go DLS instead.
To Absent Friends

Soontir C'boath
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

I'm still cool with Friday. I hate to do extra things in the middle of the week.~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

aronkerkhof wrote:Ok, it looks like the powers that be are going to release this think on Wednesday, the 17th. This alters the equation somewhat. It is probably going to be a problem for me to make it mid-week, but since I'm self-employed, I can probably sort it out. How about the rest of you?

How many could make it that Wednesday? How many would rather put it off until Friday?
There's no way I can fly in before Thursday.

Actually I was thinking, would it be a better Idea if the Out of towners arrive Friday, we all meet up Friday night for a meal or just Get-to-know-you stuff. We then Spend Saturday morning doing any late X-mas shopping or sightseeing in NY and then Saturday Afternoon see the Movie.

The reason is, that for some it's a School day friday, and others will be travelling nearly all day Friday and then have to try and stay awake through a 3 hr+ film at late o'clock at night. This way we can get everyone settled in, do the meet and greet thing and still see the Movie when everyones awake and raring to go.

Just a thought! :D
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

I like Rob's idea here.
To Absent Friends

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Dalton wrote:I like Rob's idea here.
Which reminds me, do you and Kat want a Room in NY or will you just do a commute?
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Which reminds me, do you and Kat want a Room in NY or will you just do a commute?
That's something we'll have to consider, though we'll probably just take the choo-choo to Penn.
To Absent Friends

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Dalton wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote: Which reminds me, do you and Kat want a Room in NY or will you just do a commute?
That's something we'll have to consider, though we'll probably just take the choo-choo to Penn.
OK, let me know if you decide on a room.

Aron, do you adn Nici need a room?

Image Image
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Let me second that. As i said on ASVS there's no way i could possibly make a Wednesday show. Hell even getting oof early on Friday is gonna be a challenge.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Saturday sounds cool with me too. Are we getting a consensus on this?
Soontir C'boath

That is a great idea, Rob. Hmmm....evening dinner....but where? :D~Jason
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Let me state bluntly, Rob, we are not doing Times Square TGIFridays. The damn place costs too much for a burger and steak joint.

-Kingdom of Heaven
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Looks like Hard Rock Cafe then, if Greg won't do TGI Friday's and Aron doesn't want to touch Red Lobster.
To Absent Friends

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Dalton wrote:Looks like Hard Rock Cafe then, if Greg won't do TGI Friday's and Aron doesn't want to touch Red Lobster.
Oh I'll do TGIFridays just fine (hell I've racked up more Fridays Gold Points than half this board combined). The problem is with that one paticular location (Wilson is who I was addressing specifically as he might recall going there last time).

-Kingdom of Heaven
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Dalton wrote:Looks like Hard Rock Cafe then, if Greg won't do TGI Friday's and Aron doesn't want to touch Red Lobster.
I'll touch Red Lobster, with a 50 gallon drum of gasoline and a box of matches. Anyway, this is new york fucking city. Is there nothing besides Red Lobster and TGIF and HRC in this joint? ;-)
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

aronkerkhof wrote:
I'll touch Red Lobster, with a 50 gallon drum of gasoline and a box of matches. Anyway, this is new york fucking city. Is there nothing besides Red Lobster and TGIF and HRC in this joint? ;-)
With my limited knowledge? Maybe Gray's Papaya on 7th ;)

I'll try to scare up a few more restaurants in the Times Square area, but they'll probably be expensive as fuck unless you want to broaden the radius.
To Absent Friends