New Story- Star Trek TNG/ NGEvangelion: Future Impact

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

JME2
Emperor's Hand

New Story- Star Trek TNG/ NGEvangelion: Future Impact

Post by JME2 »

Disclaimers: Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry and owned by Paramount Pictures. Neon Genesis Evangelion created by Hideki Anno and owned by Gainax Studios. I own the story and any original characters/species. No copyright infringement is intended.

Star Trek TNG/Neon Genesis Evangelion: Future Impact

Synopsis: A Star Trek TNG/Evangelion crossover; the Enterprise-E, while on a routine patrol, discovers Evangelion Unit-01 and the Lance of Longinus drifting in space…Please r/r!

Author’s Notes: This story is based on an idea mentioned in a segment of the “End of Evangelion” English director’s commentary. In terms of setting, this is set about six months prior to the events of the film Star Trek: First Contact. Yes, that means no Worf (Since he was on Deep Space Nine at this point) so all the Worf fans, go cry for micro-brain. Well, enough with that. Enjoy!

Star Trek TNG/Neon Genesis Evangelion: Future Impact- Prologue

Space…The Final Frontier…

Trudging through the vastness of the final frontier was the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E. Sovereign-class, sixth Federation starship to bear the name and the second to be commanded by Captain Jean-Luc Picard. It was a masterpiece of engineering and sculpting, seeming fast even when she was not moving at faster than light speeds.

In many ways, Picard liked it more than her predecessor, the Galaxy-class Enterprise-D. She was more hi-tech, savvy, and simply incredible to command. Still, even though they had been in space for six months, he at times found himself longing for the previous Enterprise. But he had gone through a similar face after the destruction of the Stargazer twenty years prior so he was not too upset.

And of course, he had most of the old crew back, from the ensign whose name he could never recall, even with a memory like his, to the senior staff, from Will and Deanna, to Beverley and Data. Everyone was there.

Except for Worf.

His former-Chief-of-Security had gone into meditation on the Klingon monastery world of Boreth following the destruction of the previous Enterprise. Then, six months prior, just as the senior staff had become acquainted with the new Federation flagship, Worf had been reassigned to Deep Space Nine, the result of Gowron’s unbelievable and unjustified invasion of the Cardassian Union and subsequent destruction of the Khitomer accords that had kept the peace between the Federation and Klingon Empire since the close of the last century. Though he missed the presence of a Klingon on the bridge, he knew Worf was far more valuable helping the command staff of DS9 fight both the Klingons and the Dominion at the same time.

“Captain?”

Data’s cool, scientific tone brought Picard back to his surroundings.

“Yes Mr. Data, was is it?”

“Our sensor arrays are picking up an unusual reading two light years from our current position.”

“What kind of signature Data?”

“Oddly, a metallic one. I can identify several Earth-based alloys, and several of which are not present not only in the Federation metallurgical database, but those of other known space-faring races.”

Picard was intrigued.

“At Warp 8, how long would it take, Data?”

“Two hours, twenty minutes sir.”

Picard smiled.

“We’re not due at the conference on Meezan IV for another three days. I think we can spare a few hours. Helmsman, set a course for those coordinates, Warp 8.”

Thanks to the new Enterprise’s upgraded engines, the damage caused to the fabric of subspace by Starfleet’s previous engine designs was a thing of the past.

“Aye sir. Course plotted and laid in. Warp engines standing by.”

“Engage”

To be Continued.
Agent R
Padawan Learner

Post by Agent R »

I think I've seen something similar to this on FanFiction.net. Is it the same one I think I'm thinking of?

EDIT: Scratch that, I just found it. And- lo and behold!- it is! Same goes for your other recently posted fic "The Best of Both Worlds".
No conscience. No law. No stopping them....

....well, maybe a Happy Meal would do it.

Ka Anor needs test subjects!
I still think Furlings look like tribbles
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

. . . .

I'd like to see you attempt to explain how Second Impact, Third Impact, and ST's World War Three could have possibly occured in the same timeline.

No, actually, I wouldn't. Not at all.

I predict headaches...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Agent R
Padawan Learner

Post by Agent R »

I predict alternate timelines, realities, dimensions, etc....
No conscience. No law. No stopping them....

....well, maybe a Happy Meal would do it.

Ka Anor needs test subjects!
I still think Furlings look like tribbles
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I predict silly nonsense and more headaches.

I do not see how such a rediculous fanfic idea could even go anywhere.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I predict silly nonsense and more headaches.

I do not see how such a rediculous fanfic idea could even go anywhere.
Predict what you like. But as to who the enterprise will find in Unit-01, well let me put it this way: What makes you think it's Shinji or Yui?
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

WHat?!

What the fuck did you just ask?

Seriously... :shock:

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:WHat?!

I think what he's saying is that Unit 1 still exists, and the crew'll find someone else (descendant of Shinji and Asuka perhaps?) in the plug.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

.... :wtf:

OF COURSE EVA-01 STILL EXISTS!!!!

For fucks sake, she was seen drifting away from Earth through space at the end of End of Eva!! And the Plug was empty. There was nothing in it. Not Shinji, as he and Asuka were still on Earth, and not FUCKING Yui, because while her soul had been asigned to EVA-01 (so it cannot be removed), her body was destroyed in the "accident" years ago...

This rabble is an insult to my intelligence. :roll:

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:.... :wtf:

OF COURSE EVA-01 STILL EXISTS!!!!

For fucks sake, she was seen drifting away from Earth through space at the end of End of Eva!! And the Plug was empty. There was nothing in it. Not Shinji, as he and Asuka were still on Earth, and not FUCKING Yui, because while her soul had been asigned to EVA-01 (so it cannot be removed), her body was destroyed in the "accident" years ago...

This rabble is an insult to my intelligence. :roll:

Okay hint: Who else was in Eva-1 during Third Impact?
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Nobody.

As I said, do not insult my intelligence...
Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2003-10-07 01:36am, edited 1 time in total.

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Nobody, idiot...
2nd hint: What makes you think I'm talking about the entry plug?
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Enough. You will share your delusion.

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Nobody.

As I said, do not insult my intelligence...
And please, do not call me an Idiot; it too is an insult to my intelligent and cultured mind.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Shinji was in the plug, but went back to Earth.

Yui's soul belongs to EVA-01, who is forever dormant.

Rei was in NEITHER.

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Eh, just tell us.

And don't mind Spanky so much. He's the resident EVA expert. That should tell you something.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Yui's soul is the only thing that is in EVA-01, that was the whole point, and is fact.

To say anything else is a lie.

Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

... :wtf: :?

LOL, Unit 01 had Yui's soul in it, and nobody/nothing else. Shinji and asuka quite clearly came back and were on earth, and Yui's soul remained in Evangelion unit 01. Excluding its soul and entry plug, there's nowhere anyone else can be. What an absurd, uninformed notion.

I'm shocked that anyone could not have picked that up from the movie. So what, the Enterprise enters a paralell universe where humanity all but wiped itself out, and finds a 200-foot tall modified human being in space, which at best responds to occasional stimuli? Sounds sort of amusing, but I don't see it going on for long.

Spanky may be getting loud, but considering the implications here, we could be seeing something on the magnitude of the "Angels = invading alien robots" claims. :roll:
By His Word...
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Yui's soul is the only thing that is in EVA-01, that was the whole point, and is fact.

Last hint: What else did Unit-01 take into itself during Third Impact (and I'm not talking about the fake lances)
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Spanky, Utsanomiko, JME2 has written one chapter so far. Why not give him a chance and see where he goes with this? If authors stuck to strictly canon events we wouldn't be able to explore certain scenarios and scenes for our fanfics. Just give it a chance to grow a bit, if you still disagree or its simply wrong then I don't see why you can't rightly criticize the author on his work.

Mind you I myself have not seen EoE as Netflix does not have it available :evil: So I was stuck watching Death and Rebirth and one helluva of a cliffhanger yet to be resolved.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

JME2 wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Yui's soul is the only thing that is in EVA-01, that was the whole point, and is fact.

Last hint: What else did Unit-01 take into itself during Third Impact (and I'm not talking about the fake lances)
Just spit it fucking out.

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
JME2 wrote:

Just spit it fucking out.
Use that language and I may not...
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Shinova wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:WHat?!

I think what he's saying is that Unit 1 still exists, and the crew'll find someone else (descendant of Shinji and Asuka perhaps?) in the plug.
Actually, to be honest Shinova, I'd rather hope it's something silly and inexplicable like some random person's soul is in there, or the Eva has become host to a colony of super-intelligent tapeworms, than it be something that unlikeable.

*Gags at the wank-fest of the Enterprise duking it out with unit 01 piloted by Asuka Ikari the IV, defending some post-apocalyptic setting filled with other Shinji and Asuka desendants* I suppose some of the MP Evas are going to be repaired and reactivated to pitch in, eh? Maybe they can get 20-30 kids together and rebuild NERV HQ to go along with them? Actually, that might be kind of funny if done as an over-the-top parody. :lol: :P

I really want to just get it over with and hear what this guy's real, unexpected idea is.
By His Word...
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Don't be so God damned cocky. You're just lucky I didn't say what I was first going to.

So, please do tell. I could use a nice joke at this point.

Stravo: There's a difference between interpreting and expanding on Eva, and just making shit up and not understanding it.

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Don't be so God damned cocky. You're just lucky I didn't say what I was first going to.

So, please do tell. I could use a nice joke at this point.

Stravo: There's a difference between interpreting and expanding on Eva, and just making shit up and not understanding it.
I'm not making shit up! All right since you've all be so patient...

I should have been more precise - I should have said which Ikari, but as you can now guess...

It's Gendou.