Anyone Remember 'Imperial Phoenix' by Shep?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Anyone Remember 'Imperial Phoenix' by Shep?

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

I've been reading it for the past couple days (which is why I haven't been spamming so much lately), and I have two words for it: FUCKING AWESOME.

Backstory: I was searching Google for something (I think it was the word 'Sheppard', I don't remember why) when I hit the Groups tab, found something on ASVS that looked like an interesting read, and dove in. Good Job Sheppard. That was one of the most fun fanfics I've read in a while. :D

P.S. wanna try writing a new chapter sometime soon?
Image Image
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Yes i remember reading the excellant fic on the archive. Are you ever going to write more, Shep?
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Hmm... I recall that one. I'll ahv eto go back and read it at some point...
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Yes, Sheppard = teh good fanfic writer, up there with Chuck and Marina and whatnot.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

OK, whispers of a Shep-Einy romance are slowly being confirmed. Someone hold me. :wtf:
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Stravo wrote:OK, whispers of a Shep-Einy romance are slowly being confirmed. Someone hold me. :wtf:
Alright, you've violated masculinity statute #15: Never ask anyone, not even a woman, to hold you. In order to reassert normalcy you're going to have to slug someone on the bicep and talk gruffly about football.
--The Lord Humungus
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Stravo wrote:OK, whispers of a Shep-Einy romance are slowly being confirmed. Someone hold me. :wtf:

No.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Re: Anyone Remember 'Imperial Phoenix' by Shep?

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
P.S. wanna try writing a new chapter sometime soon?
That would detract time from him writing another UPF chapter. Plus IP is now biased towards Star Trek in terms of relative firepower and combat power. :lol:
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

Fucking right I remember IP hell that was the fic that got me started writing SW/ST fics :twisted:
Brotherhood of the Monkey: Rabid Sith Monkey from hell.
Mad scribbler of the Writer's Guild Headquarters
Grand Inquisitor of ASVS (ret) ASVS Vets Assc.

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

LOL

*wraps arms around Strav and holds him*
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
Alright, you've violated masculinity statute #15: Never ask anyone, not even a woman, to hold you. In order to reassert normalcy you're going to have to slug someone on the bicep and talk gruffly about football.
Only if you're a man overly paranoid about his sexuality for some reason.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Hell, I've probably hugged as many blokes as I have women in terms of affection between friends, it's a very good group of people. Bless them...
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Only if you're a man overly paranoid about his sexuality for some reason.
Hah. You "normal" people with your non-Spanish cultural heritage. As a distant grandson of Old Castile, not only am I three times as masculine as you and Stravo put together, I am also three times as insecure about it.
--The Lord Humungus
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Pablo Sanchez wrote: Hah. You "normal" people with your non-Spanish cultural heritage. As a distant grandson of Old Castile, not only am I three times as masculine as you and Stravo put together, I am also three times as insecure about it.
Killed any tied up dogs recently?
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Killed any tied up dogs recently?
If you're suggesting that I'm compensating for something...

you're absolutely right.
--The Lord Humungus
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Sea Skimmer wrote: That would detract time from him writing another UPF chapter. Plus IP is now biased towards Star Trek in terms of relative firepower and combat power. :lol:
Actually, no, I've always leaned towards massive SW firepower, however,
I'm trying to counterbalance it with the Wars side being outnumberd 1,000 to 1 or so.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Pablo Sanchez wrote: If you're suggesting that I'm compensating for something...

you're absolutely right.
*scribbles idea down for UPF*
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I really need to finish up Messenger, (It's set in my alter of IP universe where Shep's and Marina's invasions got stalled due to ASVS infighting) I already know how I am going to end it, and What I was planning to do with Pablo and Phong after hearing Phong ask to be anything but the stereotypical slicer.

Ok, remember those devestator/bolo hybrid Capships? Good, yup I was planning on putting you as the human advisors sitting in the crygenic chambers hyperlinked to the ship's computers. Commanding enough firepower to scorch a planet. And then going YV hunting.

---
Edit

oh anyone who wants to look there is a spoiler for something in this post.
Last edited by The Yosemite Bear on 2003-10-13 06:15am, edited 1 time in total.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

And Pablo, your avatar is confusing the fuck out of me, because I
associate it with Colin. :P

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

you too, eh?

Yeah I was wondering why I was making his posts too.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

MKSheppard wrote:And Pablo, your avatar is confusing the fuck out of me, because I
associate it with Colin. :P
There. Now it's King Gustavus Motherfucking Adolphus. Happy?
--The Lord Humungus
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

MKSheppard wrote:
I'm trying to counterbalance it with the Wars side being outnumberd 1,000 to 1 or so.
Voyager loses only 5% of its shields to a salvo from a Corellian corvette, today we know that such a shot would blow the thing apart, keep going and blow up several more ships if they happened to be lined up.
Darth Phoenix
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Phoenix »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
MKSheppard wrote:
Voyager loses only 5% of its shields to a salvo from a Corellian corvette, today we know that such a shot would blow the thing apart, keep going and blow up several more ships if they happened to be lined up.
However if i'm not mistaken that shot was at low power so has not to damage Voyager.
-...and the entire room goes silent when one of the stormtroopers points to a stain in Darth Vaders cape. -

There is no peace, there is Anger;
There is no fear, there is Power.
There is no death, there is immortality;
There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Sea Skimmer wrote: Voyager loses only 5% of its shields to a salvo from a Corellian corvette
Err, you do realize that the Corvette was firing it's lasers at the
lowest possible setting, the one they use to simulate shots in SW
ala MILES?

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Pablo Sanchez wrote: There. Now it's King Gustavus Motherfucking Adolphus. Happy?
How many atrocities did he commit? :P