salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

you´re all fools! fools! fools!

the best beer is
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I love guinness, unfortunatley it hates me and i can't drink it anymore if i want to continue to lose weight. Guinness is very heavy and any more than 7 pints means your putting on a lot of weight. When drinking in the house i'm partial to Carlsberg Export. And when i was in Belgium a few years ago i drank a wonderfully strong beer called Hoe Garden, honestly. Newcastle Brown is nice but it causes me to do bad bad things that usually result in me getting into a fight, and losing.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Zoink
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zoink »

If you offer me a beer, I'll say Smirnov Ice ;)
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Zoink wrote:If you offer me a beer, I'll say Smirnov Ice ;)
....[stabs]....

~ver
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

verilon wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:Heh, I remember back in the day when "Best" meant how much can you get for the lowest price.

30 cans of High Life for ten bucks or so, made it sickeningly cheap to be an underage drinker.

hahah! Now I settle for no less than a good Rolling Rock or Killians.
I don't know about Killians.. but Rolling Rock? :x blech.

~ver
Ok, you've stated that you don't like beer. It's extremely pointless to go about commenting on how everybody can possibly like Beer X at every opportunity.
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Of all the foreign beer, the only one I've liked is Heineken. Corona is pretty much undrinkable unless you stick a lemon in it, and Bud or Coors are nasty stuff. I had some "Leinenkugel" or something like that when I visited a friend in the US, it was good, red-beer or some nonsense like that. Of course, there was a lot of it available, probably because this guy's dad's last name was Leinenkugel.
Bertie Wooster
Jedi Council Member
Location: reposed at the bosom of Nyx on the shores of Formentera

Post by Bertie Wooster »

I used to like light beers when but lost the taste for them after a couple of years then progressed to black&tans, then stuck with heineken for a while, but then shifted towards to Bass Ale as my preferred beer, and Bass it still is.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Yuengling Lager: it's good, it's cheap, it's relatively local.

When I'm in western New York or Canada: Labat Blue. Suck it, Molsen.

Guinness is perfection in a glass, but sadly it usually costs a lot more than a Yuengling.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Slartibartfast wrote:
verilon wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:Heh, I remember back in the day when "Best" meant how much can you get for the lowest price.

30 cans of High Life for ten bucks or so, made it sickeningly cheap to be an underage drinker.

hahah! Now I settle for no less than a good Rolling Rock or Killians.
I don't know about Killians.. but Rolling Rock? :x blech.

~ver
Ok, you've stated that you don't like beer. It's extremely pointless to go about commenting on how everybody can possibly like Beer X at every opportunity.
My fault. :? I don't like beer in general, but I can handle my Shiner Bock (that was actually pretty good).. Rolling Rock I though was just gross.. as most beers are.. but we'll not go there. Again.. my apologies.

~ver

Formerly verilon

haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Slartibartfast wrote:Of all the foreign beer, the only one I've liked is Heineken. Corona is pretty much undrinkable unless you stick a lemon in it, and Bud or Coors are nasty stuff.
Correctamundo! :P However, I prefer my Corona with lime. ;) It's not the greatest in the world, but it's still not a bad beer.

~ver

Formerly verilon

Jawawithagun
Jedi Master

Post by Jawawithagun »

The_Lumberjack wrote:I am rather partial to Speckled Hen, as well as Bishop's Finger (nothing quite like draining the head from a Bishop's finger... :mrgreen:), Abbot is alright, and back in Lancaster, I was rather partial to Lancaster Bomber. But mainly Old Speckled Hen.
Dunno, wasn't too impressed by Hen, drinkable but not especially good ... but that could be very well the pub's fault.
"I said two shot to the head, not three." (Anonymous wiretap, Dallas, TX, 11/25/63)

Only one way to make a ferret let go of your nose - stick a fag up its arse!

there is no god - there is no devil - there is no heaven - there is no hell
live with it
- Lazarus Long
Lilith
Youngling

Post by Lilith »

Negra Modelo is the best Mexican beer. Corona is, well, just plain.

There's some real nice regional and local breweries in the Northwest. My favorite is "Polygamy Porter" from Utah. Slogan: "Why have just one?"
SoS:NBA

Coyote: You're a Mean Chick!
BrYaN19kc
Jedi Knight

Post by BrYaN19kc »

MILLER LITE

Nothin' better! :P
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Jawawithagun wrote:
The_Lumberjack wrote:I am rather partial to Speckled Hen, as well as Bishop's Finger (nothing quite like draining the head from a Bishop's finger... :mrgreen:), Abbot is alright, and back in Lancaster, I was rather partial to Lancaster Bomber. But mainly Old Speckled Hen.
Dunno, wasn't too impressed by Hen, drinkable but not especially good ... but that could be very well the pub's fault.
Well, I'm very new to this drinking lark, tend to prefer the real ales, I'm no guarantee of a good review. Hobgoblin was quite nice as well.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Victoria Bitter, in Australia, is good. Now in the US I cannot find it, so I indulge in Henry Weinhard's.

The best beer from a tap I ever got was this dark, kinda sweet brew in the Vyversicht Bar just outside of Brunssom, in the Netherlands. There's a NATO base there and the Vyversicht is (was?) about a kilometer or two down the road and around the corner, next to some sort of old observation tower for tourists.

Damn, that was REFORGER 1987...
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

I'll drink to E.S.B., Fuller's makes some damn fine beers.

Youngs Double Chocolate Stout is the best beer I can think of that hasn't been mentioned already.

Three Floyds makes some beers worth checking out too.
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

Sriad wrote: Youngs Double Chocolate Stout is the best beer I can think of that hasn't been mentioned already.
I love that stuff, but it's a little expensive for an everyday drink.
Rolling Rock is definitely an acquired taste, but it goes well with a meal.

Sapporo used to make a dark beer that was pretty good for the price.

My 'standard' beer is Michelob Amber Bock. Not the greatest, but it sure beats the shit out of Miller Lite or Colorado Kool Aid.
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Macs Amber ale.
but the Macs and Monteiths range is pretty damn good on the whole.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Molson....mmmm...
JADAFETWA
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

verilon wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:Of all the foreign beer, the only one I've liked is Heineken. Corona is pretty much undrinkable unless you stick a lemon in it, and Bud or Coors are nasty stuff.
Correctamundo! :P However, I prefer my Corona with lime. ;) It's not the greatest in the world, but it's still not a bad beer.

~ver
Well, I don't have lemon or lime per se, just another similar fruit that tastes better than the two combined. I call it lemon because it's the closest phonetically.
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Slartibartfast wrote:
verilon wrote:

~ver
Well, I don't have lemon or lime per se, just another similar fruit that tastes better than the two combined. I call it lemon because it's the closest phonetically.
Limón? That would be lime.. However, if not that.. ok.

~ver

Formerly verilon

Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

verilon wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
verilon wrote: Correctamundo! :P However, I prefer my Corona with lime. ;) It's not the greatest in the world, but it's still not a bad beer.

~ver
Limón? That would be lime.. However, if not that.. ok.

~ver
Yes, it would be limon, but nope, it's not the same as lime. Unless you're talking about the european one. The one I speak about has like 100 times the concentration of acid. You can actually cook fish in it in under 20 minutes.
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Slartibartfast wrote:Yes, it would be limon, but nope, it's not the same as lime. Unless you're talking about the european one. The one I speak about has like 100 times the concentration of acid. You can actually cook fish in it in under 20 minutes.
The word limón means lime.. it's a variation of the lime, I think. It's also what they flavor a certain type of Bacardi with of that I haven't had yet.

~ver

Formerly verilon

Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

verilon wrote:The word limón means lime..
Then how do you say "lemon". To those who use the word "limón", there isn't a clear distinction betwen lemon and lime. Except one is more sweet, the other is more acidic, one is green, the other is yellow, one's bigger, the other is smaller, and it's never consistently the same one (I actually ran a little poll, nobody in a US supermarket or a couple families could tell me which one was which, even after I bought them, showed it to them and allowed them to taste them)
it's a variation of the lime, I think. It's also what they flavor a certain type of Bacardi with of that I haven't had yet.
Well, yes I think I've tried those. There's also Vodka.
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Slartibartfast wrote:
verilon wrote:The word limón means lime..
Then how do you say "lemon". To those who use the word "limón", there isn't a clear distinction betwen lemon and lime. Except one is more sweet, the other is more acidic, one is green, the other is yellow, one's bigger, the other is smaller, and it's never consistently the same one (I actually ran a little poll, nobody in a US supermarket or a couple families could tell me which one was which, even after I bought them, showed it to them and allowed them to taste them)
Damnit.. I can't remember.. been a couple of years since I took Spanish.. :oops: Informally, yes, limón is for both. Formally, there is a different word for lemon.
it's a variation of the lime, I think. It's also what they flavor a certain type of Bacardi with of that I haven't had yet.
Well, yes I think I've tried those. There's also Vodka.
Vodka... :twisted:

~ver

Formerly verilon