Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

CorSec
Jedi Knight

Post by CorSec »

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Some very interesting additions, Stravo. This thing is going places I never considered it going. Dammit, you're good.
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Stravo wrote:I will make this vow...Kirk WILL NOT kill Thrawn....remember KIRK will not kill Thrawn 8)
Grumble now i got to figure out who is going to kill Thrawn

BTW GREAT!! You just made my day :)
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

I bet Luke's gonna kill him.
Supermod
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Thrawn Dies, You should see the "sci-fi torture meathods" thread. Then take that level of suffering ^10. That will be meted out as vengance.

Thrawn ends up fighting converted nemesis and fleet, resulting in apocolyptic battle?
Last edited by NecronLord on 2002-10-01 04:53pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

So much suffering for poor Thrawn???
Supermod
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Sorry correction there, the torture threat was aimed at stavro, conditionally. Not at Thrawn, Rukth maybe... :twisted: :twisted:
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Hey Stravo, thanks. :wink:
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Hey wait,, He did not Pick up Rukh until AFTER Vadar was suprivsing the DS II(According to Zahn Thrawn did not have Rukh untill he came BACK)

So no Rukh for you! :D

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Akm72
Padawan Learner

Post by Akm72 »

sigh..you're not going to kill Thrawn, oh well I can' t have everything :cry:

But you've got Khan in it! My favorite Trek bad guy, and you write him unbelievably well, whoo-hooo! :D

Wait a minute, you said that Kirk isn't going to kill Thrawn. But that still let's Khan have a go at slowly torturing Thrawn to death, I can't wait. :twisted:
"Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, "Yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down, down. Amen!" If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it."
- Dan Barker
willburns84
Padawan Learner

Post by willburns84 »

General Madine.

If he should die, I do hope his death shall have more meaning than in Darksaber.
"Fleet admirals have it made. They only have to worry about the success of their subordinates, their Moff, and guys whose name beings with Lord."
-Captain Seledrood (deceased)
"Iron within! Iron without!"
willburns84
Padawan Learner

Post by willburns84 »

Hmmm, Lando in an X-Wing, without Wedge backing him up. I sense bad things about / going to happen.
"Fleet admirals have it made. They only have to worry about the success of their subordinates, their Moff, and guys whose name beings with Lord."
-Captain Seledrood (deceased)
"Iron within! Iron without!"
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Stravo wrote:BOY, Here I thought I was going to get praise for bringing a beloved character into the fanfic and what do I get...threats to my life...promises of pain the likes of which I have never known. Everyone jumps to conclusions about Thrawn's defeat...perhaps he was introduced BECAUSE I think that if ANYONE can beat Kirk, it's gonna be Thrawn....I will make this vow...Kirk WILL NOT kill Thrawn....remember KIRK will not kill Thrawn 8)

Seriously, Thrawn is the ONLY charcter from the EU I ever liked so he will only get the royal treatment....
I think the reason that rabbid warsies rever Thrawn are two fold;
  • He was soo damn cool.
  • He was an EU character, so we were introduced to him throught the novels, which sort of define his character and set in stone in a way that the movies couldn't for its characters.
What I mean by that; how many times have you seen/heard/read a fan saying..."{insert Author here} has totally fucked up Zahn's characters!" So far Thrawn is the only major Zahn character to not have undergone this, mainly because Zahn killed him off. But I think that's what I was referencing to. As always I am your captivated slave in this Stravo. I just wanted to give you the heads up.

In other words, before your competition were George Lucas, Gene and B&B. But know your competition, or my measuring stick, is Zahn. Can't wait for the next installment, and more immportantly HIS entrance... :mrgreen:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
ViciousMink
Youngling

Post by ViciousMink »

WHOA is all I can say.

Things just got a LOT more interesting for the Federation!

Great going! This fic has really got my attention!
The Jedi asked, "What is balance for me as a servant of the Light?" The Master replied,"Balance is not what you seek. For you it is accepting that destruction is a part of the universe."
-- from Koans of the Silver Master
Founder, the Cult of Wilhelm. "Praise be to Wilhelm. AAAAIIIIUH!"
Ted
BANNED

Post by Ted »

INTERESTING?!?!?!?!?!
Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
ViciousMink
Youngling

Post by ViciousMink »

Yeah, 'interesting.' As in, 'May you live in interesting times.' Or somewhat worse, 'May you DIE in interesting times.' =) Thrawn alone bodes ill for the Federation. As far as main character plotitude* goes, Thrawn v. Kirk would be very very interesting.

* This basically means that, while Thrawn could out-strategize Kirk, the overwhelming weight each character brings to the plotlines of their respective stories makes each like unto a tidal wave. =)

And Gary Mitchell! I'm so glad I guessed him right. That knowledge detracted NOTHING from the revelation of his name, though. That just plain rocked!
The Jedi asked, "What is balance for me as a servant of the Light?" The Master replied,"Balance is not what you seek. For you it is accepting that destruction is a part of the universe."
-- from Koans of the Silver Master
Founder, the Cult of Wilhelm. "Praise be to Wilhelm. AAAAIIIIUH!"
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

*Twitch, twitch, drool, twitch*

I like....

*Begins muttering*

Thrawn, Thrawn, Kahn, DEATH STAR!, Thrawn, Thrawn, Kahn, DEATH STAR!

*Cyran continues this chant for about 5 minutes*
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Wait wait!!!!!!

Three Way Kirk, Nemsis, Kahn Fight!!!!
On the DS!

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Mr Bean wrote:Wait wait!!!!!!

Three Way Kirk, Nemsis, Kahn Fight!!!!
On the DS!
Bean you have to STOP that...you're taking all the fun away from everyone else when you guess plotlines like that.... :wink:
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Good work Stravo though Solo didnt becomew a General in the Rebellion till after he was rescued from Jabba the Hutt.
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Bean you have to STOP that...you're taking all the fun away from everyone else when you guess plotlines like that....
Guess I should not mention how Leia is pregnat with Wedge's Child or how Kahn is also a Jedi, Or the Fact Thrawn has anmensa! :D

:wink:
Heh no more guessing

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Lando was Gold Leader right? Doesn't that mean he and Nien should end up in a Y-wing?

And BTW, what happened to Captain Vash? You know, the 3rd member of the Star Destroyer 'Triumvirate?' Is he going to come back? Tarsi's AWESOME, but I'd like to see more of the other two.
JADAFETWA
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

OK, a nice surprise for the weekend. A new chapter, it's a little LONG but ALOT happens here, VERY IMPORTANT things.

Enjoy Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Closing the Ranks

“Are you sure about this, Lord Nemesis? Defeating them will not be an issue. I have driven them from every stronghold in their pathetic empire. The Adjudicator is personally responsible for over 600 Klingon kills.” Tarsi stated passionately as Nemesis adjusted his black tunic. Mara held his cape draped over her left arm.

“This is not a reflection on your command, captain. In fact, I did not think that you would be so successful with the few resources I have assigned to this mission. However the Base Delta Zero operation of their homeworld has not had the desired effect I was looking for. The Klingons have become more obstinate and it has become painfully clear that they fully intend to fight to the last man if need be. We cannot afford a three front war.”

“Three my lord?” Branna asked.

“You may have forgotten the Borg but I have not. We crushed their fleet but they control a vast portion of this galaxy and I can feel the beginning of a new threat from them. We will be hard pressed to defeat them and fight off dissention from within our own new empire. The Romulans are currently content with this war against the Klingons but that will evaporate should the Borg begin assimilating worlds that we promised would remain safe under Imperial rule.”

“I thought you should know that the Romulan senate has voted you as Praetor for life. You are the first non-Romulan to hold this title in their history.” Mara added softly.

Nemesis spared her a glance. She had been very quiet of late, lost in though. He was quite sure what it was that she was contemplating.

“I am no emperor, there is only one emperor.”

“My lord, if I may, we are from home and our own time, for the sake of political stability, perhaps you should accept this honor, even if it only is temporary.” Kittaine pressed.

Nemesis stared darkly at Kittaine but Kittaine felt no menace in those eyes, instead there was an almost sad acceptance.

“We shall discuss this after I return. What is the Klingon status?”

“Four hundred warships have come out of warp and are taking up orbit directly opposite our position.”

“How many more cloaked?” nemesis asked with a cold smile.

“The Romulans believe that there may be as many as another 400 ships cloaked in close proximity, our own grav shadow analysis concurs with this opinion.”

“So much for Klingon honor. It matters not. We shall prove to them the utter futility of this exercise.”

“Putting your life at risk is hardly what I would consider safe and necessary my lord. Allow me to take your place.” Mara asked.

Nemesis shook his head.

“I can feel it, they are desperate, they either wish to embrace death or find a reason to live with their precious honor intact. Tarsi would like to grant them that honorable death.” Tarsi seemed to stand up taller at the statement. “But I fear that we do not have the time to give it to them without putting ourselves at risk. My alternative gives us the advantage of ending this war today, right now.” Nemesis replied as he checked his saber, clipped it to his belt and nodded to Mara.

She led him to the small shuttle.

“At least let her pilot you down to the surface my lord.” Kittaine suggested. He found Nemesis’ plan disturbing. Wars were not fought like this. These Klingons were acting like savages and he did not like that Imperial forces were stooping to that level. To actually engage in melee combat on which the outcome of an interstellar war would be decided was mind boggling to him.

“I’m quite a good pilot myself, Admiral. I will be well. I will not give the Klingons a single solitary reason to think that I am breaching the agreement.” Nemesis replied as he visually inspected the shuttle.

“Then there is nothing more to say than good luck my lord.” Branna interjected followed with a smart salute.

Nemesis smiled and it was ice.

“Luck has nothing to do with this captain. This battle was over before it has even begun.” Nemesis replied.

“They are without honor.” Worf stated gravely as the image of Quo’nos’ destruction played out again on the large screen in the Nehgvahr’s assembly area. 100 of the Klingon empire’s finest warriors stood proudly beneath the screen watching it, horror and anger on their faces as the last of Quo’nos’ continents sunk into the flaming hungry mantle.

“Worf, the home of Kahless, the heart of the empire itself was reduced to flaming ruin. Never again will I walk on the soil of our home, never more will I swim in the lakes of Tragala, never more will I look upon the tombs of the emperors. I will not breath the air that sustained me, the cool refreshing waters that quenched my thirst, the solid stone of my home. It is all gone. Our people have been reduced to homeless vagabonds, searching for meaning in an increasingly hostile and merciless universe and the best you can come up with is that the Empire is without honor?!” Martok hissed.

Worf shook his head sadly.

“Your melancholy has grown greatly chancellor. To accept this offer from a people that would do this to a world is insane.”

“I don’t happen to see it that way Worf. I see it as a way out of this war without anymore slaughter. Our people are suffering, we have lost our home and our way. Many warriors have taken to engaging Imperial warships alone in single ship engagements so that they can join their relatives and family in Stovohlkor. I am the chancellor of the Klingon Empire, Kahless is gone, lost to us in that contemptable bombardment. There is no one else to lead our people, to tell our warriors that honor demands that we live not die in futile gestures.”

“You think this will be an answer?!” Worf replied as the screen winked out replaced by the symbol of the Klingon empire. The warriors snapped to attention, many of them holding Batleths to their chests.

“Worf, the other alternative is for us to simply die out as a race because we cannot accept the guilt that eats at us all.” Martok snapped. “This way there lies honor, the other way there is simple suicide, you tell me what other option I have.” Martok stormed away from Worf before he could reply and stood on a podium over the assembled troops.

“Soldiers of the empire, the time has come for you to put your wits and courage to the ultimate test.” The assembled warriors roared as one, holding up whatever weapon they had in their hands.

“The Klingon heart cannot be overcome, as long as we have the courage and dedication to face the adversities that face us. We have lost greatly in the last few days, the emperor himself was lost to us but fate is a fickle mistress and she has handed us the possibility of victory. Not more than a day ago, the leader of the despicable Galactic Empire has offered to face one hundred of our finest warriors in single combat. If he is defeated then the empire will withdraw from Klingon space and sign a treaty assuring the Klingon Empire’s sovereignty for perpetuity. Should all our warriors fall to him, we shall surrender to the Empire and offer no more resistance to their invasion. It is with a heavy heart that I consulted with the High Council and our surviving generals and we decided that in order to save the empire and its people, we would accept such a challenge in the spirit of our people. We firmly believe that our warrior’s courage and skill will carry the day.”

The warriors shouted encouragement. Worf watched the exchange from his post behind Martok. He demanded to join the warriors, despite the fact that he did not agree with this plan. But Martok had vehemently denied him permission.

“Darth Nemesis has landed on the surface of Goromar.” a voice announced over the speakers in the assembly area.

Martok nodded.

“Warriors of the Empire. KAPLAH!” He roared.

“Kaplah!” The warriors shouted in return.

“Worf, chorri chu.” Martok snapped.

Worf activated the troop transporters in the assembly bay of the Neghvar. Designed to mass transport troops into battle, the hundred warriors disappeared in a cloud of red light. Martok’s shoulders slumped slightly as the transporter lights dimmed. Worf slowly approached him.

“Chancellor?”

“Worf, I wish I was going with them.” Martok whispered.

“You would do no good. This is a job for our finest and they are that and more.”

“Kind words, Worf, but empty nonetheless.” Martok replied coolly.

The planet Goromar had been one of the first worlds settled by the Klingon people after they took to the stars. It was a barren and rocky world, but suitable for a people whose homeworld was as harsh as their warrior ethic. The shuttle was at the top of the crater that dominated the eastern plains of the main continent. The crater itself was over ten miles wide, caused by an enormous asteroid that had crashed into the planet long ago.

The wind was hard and bitter, carrying thick soot and dirt picked up from the carter floor. There was no sound at all, as if any life had suddenly retreated from this place in anticipation of what was coming.

Nemesis had finished stretching when the hundred warriors materialized around him in a semi circle. many of them locked eyes with him and shifted their weapons eagerly. Nemesis slowly stood up straight and began to grow angry, angry that this race of warriors had disrupted his plans so far, angry that they would not bow to the inevitability of their loss, furious that they had forced him to vaporize a planet, expending valuable resources for a cause that had failed. This anger burned in him like an inferno and in one smooth motion he drew his lightsaber and activated it with a snap hiss.

The first warriors roared and charged, batleths swinging, eager to take his head. The second line of warriors fanned out to close the area around him.

Nemesis did not care. He smiled at them as they closed the distance and suddenly crimson flashes of light whipped around him. Batleths exploded into a cloud of sparks and molten metal as the lightsaber cut through the bladed weapons. many of the warriors stared dumbfounded at their weapons, most cut in half, each end a useless fused metal lump.

Nemesis waded into them, his lightsaber flashing around him like lightning strikes, each stroke took a Klingon warrior’s limb or head. The screaming warriors fell away from him as he moved among them like a stalking panther, black tunic stained with the cold gray soil of the crater. His crimson blade was constantly moving around him, striking anyone that came near.

He brought his blade back, stabbing it backward under his left arm and to his rear and it burned through a warrior coming up behind him. Meanwhile, with a snap move of his free hand he held out a fist and a pair of charging warriors were suddenly thrown back as if they had been shot. They landed twitching as their internal organs burst from the pressure wave of the force push.

He reveled in his anger, feeling it flow over him like a primal wave, never threatening to drown him for he was a Lord of the Sith. The Sith had discovered long ago how to control the primordial urges, the near limitless power of the darkside. Dark Jedi were prone to madness and death as they delved deeper into the darkness. The Sith rode the wave, feeding off of it, but never allowing themselves to be consumed. They were masters of their own anger, not mastered by their anger.

He flipped over a charging warrior, his lightsaber jabbing downward as he passed overhead and pierced the Klingon’s brain. It toppled forward as he landed and nemesis dodged a series of rapid strikes by an older more experienced warrior. Nemesis danced between each lightning strike of the batleth and was driven backwards.

Nemesis let go of himself, allowing the force to attune him to the warrior’s attacks and he suddenly stepped in precisely when the warrior lashed out. His lightsaber ripped through the Klingon’s belly and he casually pushed upwards, cutting the Klingon in half. He pushed both ends apart and stepped through the gore lashing out with the force, crushing another warrior’s windpipe as he set himself for a strike.

Nemesis felt the warning in the back of his head and he ducked down just as the Batleth sliced overhead and he kicked out connecting solidly with his attacker’s ribs, crushing them with his force enhanced strength and sending the warrior tumbling away. He rolled as another warrior drove his own weapon down on him. It connected with the soft packed earth. As the Klingon paused long enough to recover his weapon, Nemesis flicked his blade up and connected with the warrior’s chin, slicing his head open.

Nemesis kipped up and turned at the waist as another warrior drove in close with dagger weapons. Nemesis took a firm hold of the Klingon’s left wrist and turned it savagely, breaking the bone like old wood and plating his feet firmly he sent the warrior screaming through the air, propelled by the force he knocked into a phalanx of warriors, knocking them down like bowling pins.

Nemesis flipped his saber up and waited patiently for them to stumble back to their feet. He smiled and laughed as they did and launched his saber at them. The saber spun like a scythe its crimson blade humming hungrily as it swept through the tangle of warriors followed by screams and slaughtered warriors collapsing to the ground.

Believing him bereft of his awesome weapon, a horde of warriors charged, deciding to bring him down by weight of numbers. Nemesis waited patiently as they closed the distance, suddenly they heard the hum and the lightsaber came swooping back through them. Many fell away clutching ruined limbs. Nemesis caught his lightsaber and watched the Klingons regroup.

He knew that the battle was being monitored by both sides. He looked up at the sky.

“You may be thinking that this is probably unfair, that I use a weapon that you cannot defeat. I think that those are foolish thoughts but to show you my good faith…” Nemesis doused his lightsaber as he watched the Klingon warriors slowly regroup. many were lying dead or maimed in the crater, some moaned for death, others were deathly quiet as they felt their life spill away.

Nemesis deliberately clipped his lightsaber to his belt and hefted a batleth up from one of the fallen. He tested its weight and frowned. This weapon was not ideally suited for agility and speed. This was a brute force weapon, the exact opposite of his precious lightsaber.

It would have to do.

A half dozen warriors approached, more cautious but determined. Nemesis spun the weapon in slow steady arcs as they drew closer. There was a moment of stillness then an explosion of motion. Three batleths came in at varying angles, two more were sweeping in low for the feet. The last warrior circled around for a strike at his rear.

Nemesis spun the batleth with a furious speed and parried the three batleths coming in high and pushed them away as he simultaneously leapt over the ones sweeping his legs. He landed on his right foot, pivoted hard and buried the batleth in the sternum of the Klingon coming to his rear.

He back flipped away from the falling Klingon and dodged a series of strikes, many coming within a hairsbreadth of his body. The blades whistled by him as he flipped and landed at the rear of the assembled Klingons. He called a dagger to his hand and held it in a defensive posture.

The Klingons glanced at each other and attacked again. Nemesis watched as three older Klingons watched the entire exchange, measuring him as he moved among the younger warriors, severing an artery here, slicing a tendon there. He moved with skill, grace and precision, the dagger flashing like silver death among the Klingon warriors, none able to match his speed.

Soon ten Klingons remained, Nemesis paused to catch his breath. Sweat had begun to bead on his brow and his tunic was torn in several places, blood was welling up on a strike that managed to gash his right shoulder. Other than that, he was untouched. The bodies of 90 Klingon warriors littered the crater, some were still alive, barely, but most were dead, growls and scowls frozen on their faces. many limbs lay scattered across the field. Purple blood was everywhere, Nemesis’ hands were slick with it.

Nemesis saluted the ten Klingons, the three older warriors among them.

“So, we stand here, the greatest of your greatest, and here I stand alone…and unarmed.” Nemesis held out his right hand and let the blood soaked dagger fall to the soft earth. He kicked it away and stood hands at the ready.

“Come then, and kill me, if you are able.” he challenged.

Back on the Neghvar, Martok watched in absolute horror as this young child, no older than a Starfleet midshipman or a Klingon child ready to ascend to manhood would be, soundly defeated a hundred of the empire’s finest warriors.

Now he had dropped his weapon and stood facing the remaining ten. He recognized the three older warriors. Two were Dahar masters. This could prove to be the turn of fate they needed. The expression on Worf’s face spoke otherwise.

“He is too good. We are lost.” Worf whispered.

“He is tired and worn out. The Dahar masters will prove his undoing. They are fresh and our finest tacticians.”

“We were overmatched before this battle began.” Worf replied darkly.

The Dahar masters nodded to the younger warriors and they slowly approached him from all angles, weapons in static positions as they approached. The two masters drew daggers and came up on the rear. The last older warrior remained standing back waiting,

Nemesis paused as he assessed the situation and opened himself to his anger and frustration at these moronic savages. He had slain their finest warriors and still they came. He wanted them to truly feel how ludicrous this battle was, how useless all their courage and strength was in the face of the empire.

He would show them. Now.

Nemesis launched himself in the air and landed behind one of the warriors, taking a firm grip of his head he snapped it around with an audible crack, he lashed out with his left foot with a hammer kick that shattered the spine of another warrior that was starting to turn. He blocked a strike with a batleth by catching the Klingon’s forearm with his own and he dropped down on all fours as another drove his own batleth into the spot where Nemesis still stood, driving his weapon through empty air then into his ally’s gut. The stricken Klingon howled as Nemesis rolled away in a tight ball, coming out of the roll between two other Klingons. He smashed his elbow into the Klingon’s nose, driving the cartilage deep into his face and whipped his opposite hand out, with an open palm broke the jaw of the opposite Klingon. The stunned warriors were crashed together by Nemesis and allowed to drop unconscious to the ground.

“Come then! Come to your death!” Nemesis roared at the remaining Klingons. The rest of the warriors attacked simultaneously, save for the older warriors. Nemesis ran at them, leapt over them as they charged and landed behind them. One of Klingons was already turning as he leapt and drove his batleth at Nemesis’ head. Nemesis caught the blade between both hands and held it. Blood slowly ran along the blade but no matter how hard the Klingon pushed he could no longer move his weapon.

Nemesis smiled and snapped the point off with a savage flick of the wrist, caught the point and drove it into the shocked Klingon’s neck. He sidestepped another strike, a batleth sliced across his back as he continued stepping away and caught the Klingon off balance, driving his leg into the back of the Klingon’s off foot and wrapping his arms around the Klingon’s shoulder he drove it down ward at an unnatural angle, the back broke with a loud crack and he forward rolled over the fallen warrior as another took a long swipe with his Batleth, intending to decapitate him.

Nemesis kipped up and stood in a defensive crouch as he watched the last three remaining Klingons. The two Dahar masters were in combat positions, one had tried to decapitate him with a batleth but now stood in a more aggressive stance. The other held a dagger in each hand. The last one stood slightly behind them and remained silent and weaponless.

The Dahar masters nodded nearly imperceptibly to each other and they advanced in a flash of motion on exact opposite ends of Nemesis’ peripheral vision, Nemesis was in motion as well, he stepped into the one to his left, blocked one swipe of a dagger and slapped another away as the opposite Dahar master swung in, grazing Nemesis’ side. Nemesis lashed out with a kick that ruptured the attacker’s knee joint. The Dahar master expertly recovered, shifting weight to his good leg, knowing that retreat meant death instead launched a vicious series of stabbing attacks. Nemesis twisted his body out of reach of each strike as he simultaneously held down the other Dahar master with the force. The Dahar master moved as if he were underwater. He stared at his won actions in horror as a strike form his dagger that should have been lightning fast slowly lumbered towards Nemesis. Nemesis waited, watching the quick series of blows and the force suddenly urged him and he lashed out with a closed fist, striking the Dahar master ion the throat. The Dahar master sputtered as blood foamed at his mouth. He stumbled backwards, his shattered knee no longer able to hold his weight he crashed to the ground. Nemesis surged forward, easily dodging the slowed attack by the other Dahar master, and drove his foot into the fallen Dahar master’s chest, he pressed and the Klingon roared in pain as his chest collapsed inward, crushing his heart, piercing it with the broken shards of his very own ribs.

The Dahar master stared into Nemesis’ eyes as the last of his life fled and purple blood flowed freely from his nose and mouth. Nemesis turned on the other Dahar master and released his hold on him. The master noting the sudden change in his circumstances launched an attack of speed and fury. Nemesis smiled as he felt the anger flowing from the Dahar master, he allowed the anger to wash over him like a hot rain and he allowed the Dahar master to exhaust himself. Nemesis simply turned, ducked, dodged as the daggers flashed in at all angles and speeds, to no avail.

Nemesis was untouchable.

Then as the Dahar master stopped, breathing heavily, Nemesis smiled and slapped the daggers away. The Dahar master was speechless as Nemesis lifted him by the neck and began to squeeze. He could feel the last Klingon watching him but detected no threat from him.

Nemesis looked up at the sky, knowing full well that each fleet could see precisely what he was doing.

“This is the fate of the Klingon Empire and her people should they continue to oppose us.” Nemesis snarled and with a vise like squeeze, the Dahar master’s neck was ground to powder and he slumped in Nemesis’ hand. Nemesis flung the body away like a rag doll and turned on the last Klingon.

“Will you fight?” he asked.

“I have no desire to expend the last of my strength in a hopeless battle.” the Klingon responded coolly.

“A pity that your people have not come to the same conclusion.” Nemesis stated as he stalked towards the Klingon.

“I would prefer death to living under your tyranny.” the Klingon replied evenly.

“What did you say?” Nemesis asked softly and stopped in his tracks.

“Death before surrender. I will not join you to avoid death.”

Nemesis blinked.

Suddenly he was holding on to the gantry on Bespin, the wind howling in his ears.

“Join me…there is no other way.”

He looked down at the yawning abyss below him, torn by the lies that were revealed and by his utter helplessness before the black armored giant that had been the same man that he worshipped growing up.

He could not see any other way than flinging himself to the abyss. Death. It chilled his heart and he looked to the man that was his father, holding out a hand. (How long had he wanted to touch his father, to know that he was loved?) He decided that death was not an option, why die to protect those that had lied to him from the beginning. (Because you were afraid)

This Klingon was doing what he could not.

It enraged him. The fury exploded out of him like a storm and he roared in anger (and pain) and the Klingon took a step back in fear and surprise as the darkside vomited out of Nemesis tearing the Klingon apart until there was nothing left but gristle and gore.

Martok stared at the blank screen for a long silent moment. His eye glazed over in shock and grief.

“Your orders, Chancellor. The Imperial fleet is demanding that we stand down.” Worf asked putting his hand on Martok’s shoulder.

“He was but one man…a boy at that.” Martok whispered.

“Do we surrender?” Worf pressed.

Martok slowly looked up at Worf.

“The Klingon empire is finished. I have seen the end of our glorious heritage, it ended on the sands of Goromar. What will they say of Chancellor Martok, will they call me the greatest traitor in Klingon history?”

“Chancellor, there is still time to run. Our warriors never stood a chance against that thing. Let us retreat to safe areas on the rim of the empire, perhaps link up with Starfleet and see if together we cannot drive them from our galaxy.” Worf urged.

Martok smiled for the first time and gripped Worf’s forearm.

“Worf, my old friend, you still believe that we can beat these devils? You still have faith in Klingon honor and courage. You’re right, we will do just that, but I will not be joining you on this journey.”

“What?”

“I have seen enough suffering and death to last me a lifetime Worf. My home, my beloved wife, my homeworld is gone. Quo’nos is nothing more than a ball of magma, you will carry the banner, Chancellor Worf, you will see us to victory.”

“Chancellor?! No, come with me!” Worf protested.

“It’s alright Worf, your brother Kern and I already discussed this. Farewell old friend.” Martok said and Worf was suddenly engulfed in a pillar or swirling red light. Martok nodded to himself.

“It is finished.” he whispered, straightened his armored tunic and stood up.

“Signal to the Imperial fleet that the Klingon empire formerly surrenders to the Galactic Empire.”

“Yes, Chancellor.” his communications officer replied, grief thick in his voice.

Martok nodded to his chief engineer who activated several controls. A warning sounded deep within the bowels of the Neghvar.

“The Imperial forces accept our surrender and ask that we immediately stand down.”

“My answer is forthcoming.” Martok replied and smiled. “Kaplah, Worf.” he whispered.

The Neghvar exploded as its warp core ruptured. The matter antimatter explosion was incredible as the massive warship tore itself apart like a small sun.

“I guess you’ve come to say that we’re about to be assimilated is that it?” Archer asked hotly as he readied his weapon. The Borg queen smiled coolly as she regarded him as one would regard an ant crawling across a table.

“No.”

Seven slowly rose from her place by the alcove. The data node pulsed at her feet, she was able to download as much as she could before the queen appeared. Seven noticed something different about the queen. She could not quite make it out.

“Then why are you here? You do not expect us to believe that you are merely observing and are going to let us leave with the data we’ve recovered.” Seven said coolly.

“Seven, you of all people should know that whatever data you recover from the Borg can never really hurt us. We are forever, we are eternity. We have always been here, and we will always be here. Data changes with time, we adapt and overcome. Why would you think that we would stop your data tap?”

“You knew?” Archer asked skeptically.

“Of course we did.” she smiled knowingly. “How could we not? Even this insignificant data node is part of the great Collective. We are all the same, tapping this data node is exactly like tapping a data node in the central core of the unimatrix. We knew the moment your vessel entered our space, we detected your matter/energy stream as it penetrated the outer surface of the unimatrix we detected your life signs as you walked through these halls. I followed and here I am.”

“You? Where is that army of drones that always follows you around?”

“Seven, they are from outside our galaxy and they mean to destroy us.”

“That is supposed to motivate me into action? In case you didn’t realize it, we’d like it if you were gone.” Archer interjected.

“This is why your species is doomed to extinction. You cannot grasp the full picture, you cannot see all the scenarios. Your narrow vision will keep you from seeing the abyss until you’ve already walked out into it.” The queen sneered.

“What do you want with us that the Collective cannot already provide?” Seven asked suspiciously.

“Who says that I want anything from you?” the queen replied coyly.

“You would not be wasting time and effort talking to us if it were not so. Why would you need us, we are a single starship, far from home, what could we possibly give you that the vast resources of the Collective could not?”

“This smells funny to me.” Archer noted.

The queen began to reply when Seven’s eyes narrowed on her and she realized why she felt so odd about the queen. She did not hear the myriad voices coming form her, she could not hear the voice of the mighty Borg Collective that seemed to surround her like a choir.

“You are no longer part of the Collective, are you?” Seven asked in shock.

The queen looked at each of them and reluctantly nodded.

“Unfortunately, the Collective decided that due to my past failures, particularly with our incident with Janeway and the loss of a transwarp hub that I was more of a liability than an asset to the Collective so I was forcefully severed from the many.” she actually sounded devastated.

“Why not just kill you?” Archer asked pointedly, not liking this one bit.

The Queen smiled.

“I made sure that the Collective was hardwired with the inability to directly strike against me.”

“You manipulated the Borg to insure your own survival.” Seven breathed.

“What I did happened a very long time ago, Seven. Longer than you can guess.” the Queen answered with a mysterious smile.

“So now you are trapped here, powerless. What do you want from us then?”

“Your help in defeating the Galactic Empire.”

“I guess that would include reinstalling you as queen?” Archer added.

“Correct. In other words, Seven. You must decide whether to defeat your newfound foe and reinstall me as queen of the Borg, assuring our ascendance in this galaxy, or allow your precious Federation to fall into ruin.” she replied icily.

“Talk about your deals with the devil.” Archer muttered to Seven.

Seven nodded slowly.

“Unfortunately, I believe that this is a deal we cannot afford to deny.” she replied staring at the Borg queen. They exchanged cool glances in the Borg alcove.

“So the decision is finalized and ratified by a near unanimous decision.” representative Togray announced. There was some hushed mutters of discontent in the room. The Federation High Council, or what was left of it had just finished debating a very weighty issue. They were seated in a makeshift mockup of the High Council chambers back on Earth. The council chamber was located in the cavernous shuttle bay of the Achilles, Admiral Ross flagship.

“If I may be heard.” representative Loen started.

“We have already heard your words, Loen. Your sole voice is not going to be enough to deter the will of this council.”

“Have we asked the brave beings that we have put in harm’s way time and again whether they will accept a surrender at this juncture?” Loen, the Andorian representative asked in the cold whisper that was common among Andorians.

“They are Starfleet, they will do as they are told.” Togray huffed, puffing out his chest a sign of aggression and asserting dominance common to Tellarites.

Many of the assembled officers, essentially the captains and command staff of each ship in the fleet that had escaped the massacre of the Battle of Sector 001, exchanged troubled glances, many were obviously angry.

“May I be heard.” a lone voice spoke up from the back of the assembly. Everyone turned as one to look back, all save Admiral Ross who knew exactly who the speaker was.

Captain James T. Kirk stood up at the back, his command staff seated around him in their distinctive bright colored uniforms from an era long gone by. Sitting next to him was a regal looking Princess Leia and her Wookie companion. The droids were standing further to the back.. Kirk stood confidently under the scrutiny of the assembly and the High Council

“Captain James T. Kirk, you do not even belong in this timeline.” Togray replied.

“I recognize James Kirk to speak before this assembly.” Loen interjected. Togray glared angrily at him but Loen pointedly ignored him and motioned for Kirk to speak.

“Gentlebeings, I understand why you are all so frightened, we are facing a threat the likes of which we have never seen before. Imperial forces seem unstoppable, particularly after the Battle of Sector 001, but we saw the very best of what they could do and we’re still standing, this tells me that we have a chance. As long as the Federation has a chance at victory how can we not take it?”

“Because Captain Kirk, this so called chance you speak of is most likely infinitesimal. We barely escaped with our lives.”

“Some of us did not.” Loen added.

“Logically Captain Kirk, we cannot see another way to victory without taking losses that we do not believe the Federation can bare.” the Vulcan representative added.

“What are the losses in men and material compared to what we will suffer as a slave race to the Empire?”

“Slave race? Most likely you Earthers will rise to prominence in this Empire, they are human after all!” Togray spat.

“What did you say?” Loen hissed.

“Is the representative trying to imply that humans are somehow in collusion with the Empire? That’s very brave of you to say when the Earth representative is dead along with the president and the vats majority of Starfleet is human, the ones who fought and died to bring you here alive and well…sir.” Kirk pressed acidly.

The assembled officers began nodding, many whispering angrily to each other and openly glaring at the council.

“Strike that! I spoke out of frustration, the point remains Kirk that there is no way to defeat this empire without losing more ships, men and worlds.”

“That’s what war is all about, Representative Togray, people die, ships are destroyed and worlds are laid waste but we fight because we believe in who we are, we believe in the foundations of this Federation. To surrender now is to spit on the memories of all those that died in defense of the Federation over the centuries and particularly those brave proud souls that died in the face of the Empire’s might so that our so called leadership could escape.”

“I refuse to listen to such inflammatory language!” Togray exclaimed.

“You are trying to appeal to the emotions of the audience, Captain. Such inflammatory language is not looked upon with favor by the Vulcan assembly.” The Vulcan representative countered.

“If I may, logic dictates that an Empire that casually destroys worlds as they have done to Quo’nos will not be a tolerant regime. Logic would show that the long term suffering of Federation citizens under that rule will exceed the short term suffering of a war to keep those citizens free.” Spock added as he stood up by Kirk.

“Gentlebeings I would also like to add that in my galaxy which is suffering directly under the rule of the Empire, millions of our citizens are killed in purges and oppression, millions of worlds live under the tyranny of the empire, trillions of non humans are no more than chattel on many worlds. It is a horrible system that grinds its citizens up like so much waste and views them as nothing more than cogs in a machine. Your people value freedom as we do, to surrender now is to assure your enslavement to the New Order forever.” Leia added.

“Your friends are very persuasive Kirk, but passionate appeals do not an argument make. I can show you the losses we have suffered in the last week, hundreds of starships, thousands dead. Those are just for the initial Imperial attack. Should the war continue we are looking at the total and complete destruction of Starfleet and the dismemberment of the Federation.”

Kirk smiled grimly.

“If we do surrender, representative Togray, we are looking at the total and complete destruction of Starfleet and the dismemberment of the Federation.”

Laughs began in the back of the assembly and soon they swept through the officers like a wave. Togray stared hard at Kirk, fury in his eyes.

“If its plans you want, then its plans you’ll get.” Kirk nodded to Sulu who stood up and activated a holographic chart.

“I currently have a four fold strategy in mind for dealing with the Empire. First we must mount a counterattack as soon as possible, my plans call for one in three days, two if my resident miracle worker can outdo himself whip up what I need in record time.”

“Your will be done sair.” Scotty replied with a solemn nod.

“Two days?!” Togray sputtered.

However, many noticed the assembled officers quickly leaning forward and listening, some captains had even begun to take notes.

“Two days sir, any longer and the morale disaster started on Earth will spread like wildfire throughout the Federation. News of the loss must be quickly followed by a victory or we will have a demoralized fleet and then we have lost.” Kirk replied. He returned in his business like briefing mode.

“The counterattack will involve elements of this fleet, the Rebel Alliance forces and any ships we can get to warp here in time for the assault. The goal will be two fold, sabotage Imperial efforts in this quadrant,” Kirk paused and looked at the assembly meaningfully. “And I mean to kill us a Stardestroyer by any means necessary.”

Some of the men actually cheered, many captains exchanged hopeful glances.

“Where do you plan to commit this miracle?” Togray demanded.

“That’s classified for now, sir. The full details will be released right before we go to warp. If the Empire even gets a whiff of where we’re going this party is over.”

“Classified?! We’re the Federation High Council.”

“There is precedent for Starfleet security to allow the Council to remain ignorant of attack plans before an actual attack commences…latest case would be the battle of Taurian shipyards, when a Klingon/Federation task force struck preemptively at the Dominion shipyards at the start of the war. I do believe that the High Council was not informed of the details until the strike had already commenced.” Spock noted. Kirk smiled at his first officer. They had only been in this timeline for a week and he was already an expert on current events. Spock never ceased to amaze him.

“What are you smiling at me for? I’m a doctor not a databank.” McCoy griped.

“Second prong will be to grab as much advanced technology as possible, hopefully we will be able to use Rebel Alliance resources to bolster our own technological base, but that’s a long term solution, for the short term I have a solution for our firepower gap.”

“What is it?” Loen asked.

“There was a device that I ran into during one of my missions that could boost our offensive capabilities greatly. As soon as we finish the counter attack I plan to mount an expedition to recover it.”

Togray stared in stunned silence at the detailed briefing, he also noted the interested expressions on many of the officers’ faces. He was winning them over without even trying. This was dangerous, very dangerous.

“Third we need to begin all out research to discover a way to link our galaxies in the hopes to either banish the Imperial forces back to their home galaxy or at the very least we can bring over more reinforcements and technology from the Rebel Alliance.”

“You are assuming that we will be able to reverse engineer this technology?” The Vulcan ambassador asked.

“Do you want to give up without even trying?” McCoy countered hotly.

“Who is that?” Togray demanded.

“Just a concerned citizen who’s wondering just what in the hell happened to my pension plan.” McCoy deadpanned.

“Gentlebeings, if you please…go on Kirk.” Loen interjected, impressed with this young Captain from another time.

“Fourth, we need to begin immediate assembly of bases and industrial centers in out of the way sectors. Currently Spock and I have identified several locations from which we can begin building shipyards and secret bases, among them the Badlands and an area known as the Briar Patch.”

“You think we can keep up the war effort with the heart of the Federation in Imperial hands?”

“I have always thought that we, as individuals are the heart of the Federation gentlemen.” Kirk replied seriously and many of the officers nodded emphatically. “As long as just one of us still draws breath, the Federation lives.”

Togray noted the quick change in the audience, many were standing and simply ignoring the council and beaming at Kirk.

Loen was about to speak but an aide rushed up to him and handed him a report. Togray decided to seize the initiative.

“Be that as it may Kirk, we do not believe that the Federation has the wherewithal to continue this war. To do so subjects billions of citizens to the horrors of war and starvation.”

“As opposed to the horrors of tyranny and oppression?” Leia countered.

“Admiral Ross?”

Ross stood up.

“Yes?”

“The High Counsel is directly ordering Starfleet to lay down their arms and begin operations to surrender to the Imperial Forces.”

Ross seemed visibly stricken by the order but he nodded slowly.

“Then I’m on my way.” Kirk announced and motioned to his staff which rose as one and began following him out.

“Where are you going?” Togray demanded.

“Sir, I am going to do what I swore an oath to do. I am going to defend the Federation to my dying breath and if that means cramming my staff into a shuttle and heading out, then that’s what I’m prepared to do…but I’ll be DAMNED if I’m going to lay down my arms when there is still life in these hands and love for the Federation in this heart.”

“This is the Federation telling you to surrender!” Togray thundered.

Kirk locked eyes with the Tellarite and shook his head.

“No sir, this is not the Federation. This is a group of tired and scared beings trying to stay alive. My Federation is here.” Kirk pounded his chest where his heart was.

“I demand that you halt this now!”

“Captain Kirk, the Sagan stands ready to assist you in this mission. It would be my honor to be your flagship sir.” Entebbe announced from the other side of the shuttle bay. The assembled captains began murmuring in alarm.

“What did you say?!”

“Captain Entebbe, your words are a court martial offense.” Ross warned.

“Sir, there won’t be a Starfleet in a few days if these council members have anything to say about it, so I say, tough.” Entebbe replied.

“Captain Kirk is going to need an escort for his flagship, the Endeavor stands ready, sir.” another captain rose up in the audience.

“The hell you say, the Georgetown is ready willing and able to defend the Federation sir!” another rose and soon dozens of captains were offering their ships. Kirk smiled softly, fighting back the tears in his eyes for the swelling pride in his chest was nearly overwhelming. This was the Starfleet he remembered.

“All of you are committing treason!” Togray bellowed.

Ross turned to Riker.

“Damnit Riker, the men respect you, do something.”

Riker nodded slowly and rose up, turning to face the assembly. He cleared his throat and looked out over the gathered captains, noting instead the absences, how many were not here that had started out on this journey, hundreds, dead or captured. He saw their ghosts sitting with them, staring at him expectantly.

“With all due respect to Captain Entebbe, I believe there is only one starship that Captain James Tiberius Kirk should EVER command from, and that is the USS Enterprise. I hereby resign my commission as captain and offer my ship as Captain Kirk’s flagship.” he announced.

Pandemonium broke out as the uncertain ones were suddenly galvanized and rose as one to join with Kirk.

Ross grabbed Riker’s arm.

“Do you have any idea what you’ve just done?” he demanded.

“Yes sir, I’m saving the Federation.” Riker replied, for the first time since Baku, he felt clean.

“If I may.” Loen announced. The officers eventually settled down. “I hold here in my hand a statement from my government. I will summarize it thusly: The government of Andor hereby secedes from the United Federation of Planets.”

Togray’s jaw dropped and many other High Council members sat in absolute silence, the shock also included the assembled captains and officers.

“I have been authorized to give sanctuary protection and succor to any Starfleet forces, elements, ships and personnel for the war effort. Andor stands ready against the Galactic Empire. Come what may, we shall stand as one with Starfleet and we shall drive these black hearted bastards form our stars.”

The roar nearly tore the roof off the shuttle bay as Captains and officers shouted their approval. Togray screamed in anger and frustration and slumped into his seat in utter defeat.

Kirk nodded to Loen. Loen smiled in return.

“You see what he’s doing don’t you! He’s building a cult of personality!” Togray bellowed. “He’s as bad as the Empire, he is nothing more than a dictator in the making, mark me!” Togray continued.

“I see a hero from our past come to save our future, my Tellarite friend.” Loen answered and retreated from the High Council.

“Admiral.” Kirk asked.

Ross looked at Kirk.

“Come with us, we could use a commander like you. Don’t turn your back on us.” Kirk asked gently.

Ross smiled weakly.

“Captain, my place is here, with this Federation. I took a solemn oath to uphold the Federation and obey. Not MY concept of what the Federation should be, but what it is. What you did today, right or wrong, took us a step backwards to when our race believed might meant right and we nearly killed ourselves.”

“I respect that Admiral. But the way I see it, surrender is just another word for suicide in this context. I’m fighting to save the Federation.”

Ross nodded.

“I understand, but I will not be a party to this.”

Kirk nodded slowly understanding where Ross stood and respecting it. Kirk snapped Ross a sharp salute which he returned. As Kirk began to turn away, followed by a throng of Captains Ross called out.

“Kirk.”

He turned his head.

“All our hopes rest with you.”
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Woohoo!...First one, MUST READ!
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

nice, very nice, this one defintely caught me by surprise :twisted:
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
Rightous Fist Of Heaven
Jedi Master

Post by Rightous Fist Of Heaven »

HEELLL YEAH!! Another amazing chapter Stravo! Allso Nemesis's flashback was a good and pretty interesting addition.

Anyways you should try to publish this to a real book for crying out loud.
"The ones they built at the height of nuclear weapons could knock the earth out of its orbit" - Physics expert Envy in reference to the hydrogen bombs built during the cold war.