[From the Ashes] - renamed: Black Gold

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

[From the Ashes] - renamed: Black Gold

Post by InnerBrat »

I don't like the title, as it gives too much away too early.
I also need a name for one of the characters.
It started as a BtVS fanfic, but the 'Spike' character has ceased to be Spike, so he needs a suitable name.

--edit: I've coe up with a better title now, but still subject to change.
Last edited by InnerBrat on 2003-11-18 04:23am, edited 1 time in total.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

In one of the more out of the way but well off area of the West End of London, South of Holborn, east of Soho, a pair of large, heavy, imposing oak doors were being manned by a pair of large, heavy, imposing bouncers.

They were highly paid, and earned their keep. They knew who to let in and who not to, with as little need for a guest list as the doors had for a sign. The right people knew, and they knew the right people.

The two large, expensive, and noisy motorcycles that suddenly charged around the corner and pulled up just past the doors did not, at first glance, look like they belonged to the right people. The right people usually didn't arrive under their own power. Nevertheless, the riders dismonted and removed their helmets.

"This the place?" The second rider asked, adjusting his mid length black pony tail and staring up at the tall, blank-looking building. His companion shook her mane of golden blonde hair so it cascaded down her back and nodded, once.

"This is it," She confirmed, hooking her helmet, black with painted red flames under her arm, resting it on her hip.

"I know this place," the man continued, doubtfully, "it's nigh on impossible to get into."

The woman laughed, and handed her helmet to her companion, pressing her leatherclad body against his as she did so.

"Not for me, it isn't. Look after the bikes, sexy?"

The man looked down at her, and reached up to undo the top two buttons on her biker jacket, pulling her collar opan and exposing her honey neck. "Don't be too long," he implored.

She laughed again, and, pressing her body harder against him, reached up to kiss him on the forehead, so his face was level with her throat, then strided off puporsefully through the doors. The bouncers merely nodded as she passed, but they made it perfectly clear that it wouldn't be worth trying to follow her.

She was the first person to walk through those doors for a few hours: the last guest had arrived hours ago and the first to leave would be in hours to come. They opened into a large, highly exclusive nightclub, filled with a clientele that liked its anonymity; that either craved the anonymity as an escape,or wnated very much to need that escape. All guests were in highly formal wear, and this new guest, dressed as she was in flame-red biker leathers, did not appear to fit in.
That failed to stop her, however - she strode through the opulent rooms like her own home, and only a few of the patrons stared at her dress. The others, regulars, bearly acknowledged her.

She was not overly tall, but shapely, sporting the classical hourglass that had recently fallen out of fashion. She ripped her jacket open for air, and carried her head high with a regal pride. Her long aves of golden hair shimmered in the reddish light of the club. She swept through the numerous rooms of the club without glaning aorund her, making a beeline for the most exclusive, heavily guarded, curtained off section at the far back.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Hmmm. Intriguing so far. I think it has great potential.
JADAFETWA
Rye
To Mega Therion

Re: From the Ashes

Post by Rye »

InnerBrat wrote:I don't like the title, as it gives too much away too early.
I also need a name for one of the characters.
It started as a BtVS fanfic, but the 'Spike' character has ceased to be Spike, so he needs a suitable name.
William maybe?
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Rye wrote:William maybe?
Nah.
Although at the moment he might be Liam.

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

InnerBrat wrote:
Nah.
Liam wouldn't be too bad...Angel's real name. :P

Nice intro.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

InnerBrat wrote:
Nah.
Well do you want something normal-sounding or something different?

How about Gunnar?
JADAFETWA
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Or what about ....

Eric?? Everett?? Zechariah??
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

I'm leaning towards Zach, at the moment, thanks Simon

InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

The curtains opened on to a small room lined with velvet covered seats around a luxuriant, if slightly tasteless, gold and ebony coffee table. The occupants of the seats were clearly enjoying themselves, but at the same time, trying to make it seem like they took it all for granted. The least successful of these were the youngest of the women, dressed to display as much brown flesh as possible and slightly out of their league in terms of the drugs flowing freely throughout the entire club.

The only occupant of the room completely in control was the heavily built man sitting dead central behind the table, one ebony hand cradling a glass of brandy, the other curled around the plump rear of the youngest girl present. Only he failed to start when the blonde biker entered.
On seeing the new arrival, the man grinned, wide, displaying a large amoutn of gold fillings matching the rings on both hands, the medallions aroung his neck and the discs adorning the walls.

"Red!" He greeted her joyously, signalling with both hadns, and a pat on the bottoms of the two nearest women, that the opthers were to empty the room, which they did so.

"Black," she used the nickname with a smile, mimicking his greeting, and ignoring the looks that the darker women shot her as she slided in where they had vacated and sat close to the black man.

He placed one strong arm around her and drew her to him.

"So what brings you to my humble abode, sweet thing?"

"You, Black, of course, I've come for you."

He grinned even wider. "Of course you did, love. Of course you did. Any part of me you want?"

Her smile faded as rapidly as it had appeared on seeing him, and her soft body stiffened.

"I want your power, Drac," she said coldly.

LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

Hmmm very intresting, I'll be keeping my eye on this fic.
Brotherhood of the Monkey: Rabid Sith Monkey from hell.
Mad scribbler of the Writer's Guild Headquarters
Grand Inquisitor of ASVS (ret) ASVS Vets Assc.

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

InnerBrat wrote: "I want your power, Drac," she said coldly.
That just made me think of Highlander.

Your style is like many good fanfictions I've seen that appear as written TV shows in how they flow. They seem different from normal literary conventions somehow (I'm not sure how to place it), but are still very good and remember fondly reading them.

Do keep it up.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.