The Matrix: Forge (Formerly Preloaded)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Post by Raoul Duke, Jr. »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Abes mission is to bring peace also..
Is it? Think about it -- why would one bring peace to a world that knows nothing but?
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

oooooohhhhh ....

SO if Abraham SMith is the original One, then Agent Smith was based off of him, thus when he assimalated the Oracle he learns this thus explaining the "MUHAHAHAHAHaaaaaa".
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Change of title -- nothing major, but it fits, and the title Preloaded was only a placeholder anyway.
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

2000AD wrote:oooooohhhhh ....

SO if Abraham SMith is the original One, then Agent Smith was based off of him, thus when he assimalated the Oracle he learns this thus explaining the "MUHAHAHAHAHaaaaaa".
I have an inkling I must be doing this right -- a badly done prequel will almost always conflict with established story (*cough* Enterprise *cough*), but a decent one should actually make things make sense that didn't before, without even trying.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Well it depends, as the "MUHAHAHAHaaaa" could be interpreted as Smith being happy that he's seen Neo die, given that he has stated numerous time that he would enjoy watching him die (or word to that effect)
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

2000AD wrote:Well it depends, as the "MUHAHAHAHaaaa" could be interpreted as Smith being happy that he's seen Neo die, given that he has stated numerous time that he would enjoy watching him die (or word to that effect)
That hadn't happened yet when Smith overwrote the Oracle. Also, is there something I'm missing about the Indian guy in the first part of Revolutions? He claims to know Neo, but Neo doesn't recognize him -- is this something from the video game, or from the comics? Or is it open territory?
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Raoul Duke, Jr. wrote:
2000AD wrote:Well it depends, as the "MUHAHAHAHaaaa" could be interpreted as Smith being happy that he's seen Neo die, given that he has stated numerous time that he would enjoy watching him die (or word to that effect)
That hadn't happened yet when Smith overwrote the Oracle.
It assumes that when he assimalates the oracle he sees what the oracle has seen (the future) therefor he knows he will win. MUHAHAHAHAHAaaaaa!
Hammerman! Hammer!
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

2000AD wrote:
Raoul Duke, Jr. wrote:
That hadn't happened yet when Smith overwrote the Oracle.
It assumes that when he assimalates the oracle he sees what the oracle has seen (the future) therefor he knows he will win. MUHAHAHAHAHAaaaaa!
But the Oracle doesn't know who will win -- remember, she's already told Neo as much. All she knows is that, "one way or another, this war is going to end."

But if she knows that Agent Smith is a template of The One, she (as "Agent Smith") would be pretty confident about her chances of defeating Neo. That's why she takes charge in the final battle with Neo, because she knows what the Agent Smith template is capable of where all the other Smith-overwritten programs might not.
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Also, just re-watched the scene in the Train Station between Neo and Ramachandra, and it's a good thing I hadn't gotten to that part yet. It's not Ramachandra that recognizes Neo without having met him before; it's the Train Man.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Assuming that Ramachandra is the indian guy then he has met Neo before, when neo and crew go to the Merovingian in Reloaded, Rama is being led out. The Train Man probably recognises him from the Merovingians description (he did put a bounty on them) as well as seeing previuos Ones, basing that assumption of how he knew how long Zion lasted the previous time (EtM)
Hammerman! Hammer!
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Haven't played Enter the Matrix yet. Can you give me a synopsis of the game's storyline?
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Raoul Duke, Jr. wrote:Haven't played Enter the Matrix yet. Can you give me a synopsis of the game's storyline?
Shrunk for people who haven't played it and actually care:

Main characters are Niobe and Ghost (ghost being the Asian dude who goes round with niobe in the films in case you didn't know). Starts with them recovering the package in the Matrix that contains the last transmission of the Osiris (see Animatrix). After that there's a bit where you have to rescue one of Soren's crew (Soren being the other captain that went to look for Morph), just before that informing all the other captains of the meeting. As your getting the rescued guy out of the MAtrix, the Trainman (didn't know it was him until after seeing Rev) walks past Niobe saying "72 hours, that's how long Zion lasted last time", freaking her a bit before she jacks out. Then there's the meeting of the captains and the subsequent escape from it when the agents arrive. Niobe and Ghost are trapped in a dead end but before the Agent can finish them off the Keymaker pops up and opens a back door for them to escape. He explains that he has a special key for the One, but before he can give it to them two of the Merovingians henchmen pop up and kidnap him ( They're called Cain and Abel, i think they're the two who are watching the vampire film when Persephone shoots one of them in Reloaded). Ghost and Niobe go through the Mervs. mansion fighting his henchmen (focus on them being vampires), doing the kiss thing with Persephone, rescuing the one who your not playing and finding out from the keymaker that he's wasted their time by mistake as "their paths were not meant to cross at this moment". They go back to Zion and it is revealed why Niobe chooses to go and find Morpheus: Locke had convinced the council that the Logos' EMP was too small to do any damage and Niobe is pissed at being left out of the battle becaus she's the commanders bed buddy. Also revealed is that Ghost is in love with Trinity but knows he doesn't have a chance. You go into the Matrix to track down Morph, ending up with driving up to the truck to catch him when he gets thrown off. After that you get briefed on what you need to do so Neo can go to the source, you go and blow up the powerplant. When you get out after that it is found that the Oracle has contacted you. You go in, fight Seraph and if you win you get a load of extra levels. You meet the (new) oracle and get a bit of explaination as to why she's got the new look: apparently some programs sold her out to the Merv and she had to change her shell, but it was worth it to protect their child (presumably the indian people in Rev). She then says that neo is trapped somewhere and tells Seraph to let you out using a backdoor. As your going along the back doors Smith pops up, saying that you weren't the person he was looking for. Dodging him and going through a door you end up in a skyscraper under construction and have to dodge a load of Smiths. You take another back dor and wind up in chinatown, more Smith dodging, from there you leave the matrix. When you get out (This is where it cuts to if you lose to Seraph) you get chased by a shit load of sentinels but you manage to hold them off with your guns. Eventually one of the sent's throws a bomb thing and you have to shoot that. you then get a cutscene where they let all the sentinels get in range before triggering the EMP and setting up for where the Logos is in Rev. End. Revolutions trailer including the "Do you think they'll find us" speech)

If you need a bit clarifying because i've garbled it just ask.
Hammerman! Hammer!
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

2000AD wrote:Main characters are Niobe and Ghost (ghost being the Asian dude who goes round with niobe in the films in case you didn't know). Starts with them recovering the package in the Matrix that contains the last transmission of the Osiris (see Animatrix). After that there's a bit where you have to rescue one of Soren's crew (Soren being the other captain that went to look for Morph), just before that informing all the other captains of the meeting. As your getting the rescued guy out of the MAtrix, the Trainman (didn't know it was him until after seeing Rev) walks past Niobe saying "72 hours, that's how long Zion lasted last time", freaking her a bit before she jacks out. Then there's the meeting of the captains and the subsequent escape from it when the agents arrive. Niobe and Ghost are trapped in a dead end but before the Agent can finish them off the Keymaker pops up and opens a back door for them to escape. He explains that he has a special key for the One, but before he can give it to them two of the Merovingians henchmen pop up and kidnap him ( They're called Cain and Abel, i think they're the two who are watching the vampire film when Persephone shoots one of them in Reloaded). Ghost and Niobe go through the Mervs. mansion fighting his henchmen (focus on them being vampires), doing the kiss thing with Persephone, rescuing the one who your not playing and finding out from the keymaker that he's wasted their time by mistake as "their paths were not meant to cross at this moment". They go back to Zion and it is revealed why Niobe chooses to go and find Morpheus: Locke had convinced the council that the Logos' EMP was too small to do any damage and Niobe is pissed at being left out of the battle becaus she's the commanders bed buddy. Also revealed is that Ghost is in love with Trinity but knows he doesn't have a chance. You go into the Matrix to track down Morph, ending up with driving up to the truck to catch him when he gets thrown off. After that you get briefed on what you need to do so Neo can go to the source, you go and blow up the powerplant. When you get out after that it is found that the Oracle has contacted you. You go in, fight Seraph and if you win you get a load of extra levels. You meet the (new) oracle and get a bit of explaination as to why she's got the new look: apparently some programs sold her out to the Merv and she had to change her shell, but it was worth it to protect their child (presumably the indian people in Rev). She then says that neo is trapped somewhere and tells Seraph to let you out using a backdoor. As your going along the back doors Smith pops up, saying that you weren't the person he was looking for. Dodging him and going through a door you end up in a skyscraper under construction and have to dodge a load of Smiths. You take another back dor and wind up in chinatown, more Smith dodging, from there you leave the matrix. When you get out (This is where it cuts to if you lose to Seraph) you get chased by a shit load of sentinels but you manage to hold them off with your guns. Eventually one of the sent's throws a bomb thing and you have to shoot that. you then get a cutscene where they let all the sentinels get in range before triggering the EMP and setting up for where the Logos is in Rev. End. Revolutions trailer including the "Do you think they'll find us" speech)
Thanks.

:)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Raoul Duke, Jr. wrote:
Is it? Think about it -- why would one bring peace to a world that knows nothing but?
So... he's the one who equalizes the Matrix, no? He was the Oracle's solution to equalize the Matrix, to make it imperfect just like humanity. Am I right?

And as for the Indian man getting to know Neo.... who wouldn't have heard of Neo? He's famous! Agents tailing him, pissing at the Merv, kicking Agents, having very famous Zionists with him, having a bounty placed on his head.....
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Raoul Duke, Jr. wrote:
So... he's the one who equalizes the Matrix, no? He was the Oracle's solution to equalize the Matrix, to make it imperfect just like humanity. Am I right?

And as for the Indian man getting to know Neo.... who wouldn't have heard of Neo? He's famous! Agents tailing him, pissing at the Merv, kicking Agents, having very famous Zionists with him, having a bounty placed on his head.....
I think it's more like that Abe is ultimately all about bringing peace, being the Oracle's grand plan to free humanity - by causing the machines to switch to the Matrix's current system, causing the anomaly (which would be Smith), and it's counterpart (Neo), she sets in motion the series of events which will eventually lead to the events of Matrix Rev.

Maybe.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Okay, spoiler time again.

Neo's mission is to bring peace between Man & the Machines. Messenger's job is to destroy the false peace that already exists by forcibly demonstrating to young and old alike (had to steal a line from The Shadow) -- not that Crime Does Not Pay, but that suffering is a human reality, and by reintroducing all the various nasty bits of human reality into the Matrix's artificial paradise, shocking those who are ready into questioning the reality of their paradise and, ultimately, preparing them to wake up from it.

Remember, the current incarnation of The One (Smith) is the one that frees the first of the Zionists. Well, this is the story of how he does it. This is why the Machines' copy of him (Agent Smith) is so sadistic and nasty -- because that's how he was perceived by the Machines.
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Shroom Man 777 wrote: And as for the Indian man getting to know Neo.... who wouldn't have heard of Neo? He's famous! Agents tailing him, pissing at the Merv, kicking Agents, having very famous Zionists with him, having a bounty placed on his head.....
You're right, and I pointed out that I was wrong about which character knew Neo without having seen him before. It was the Train Man that said he knew him -- and not in a way that came off like "I've seen your picture/been told about you." either. It was a kind of personal recognition that isn't convincingly explained by the Train Man hearing about a bounty, but by the Train Man having actually interacted with The One, though in a different form.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Really? Never noticed that. Why do you say that the Trainman had a personal recognition of Neo?
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

This certainly seems like a very interesting and innovative fanfic!! I'll keep an eye on it!
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Really? Never noticed that. Why do you say that the Trainman had a personal recognition of Neo?
I'm sort of reconstructing the scene in script format because I don't have access to the original, but here goes:

TRAIN MAN: Hurry it up, I'm late!

Neo, Ramakandra, his wife and daughter approach the train -- the Train Man stops Neo.

TRAIN MAN: Who are you?

RAMAKANDRA: He is a friend.

RAMAKANDRA'S WIFE: Rama!

TRAIN MAN: I know you! So that's what they wanted!

NEO: I need to get back.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Ooh. This will be worth keeping tabs on.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Doesn't seem so personal. Perhaps it's just the realization that that guy (Neo) is actually the guy the Merv wants and that maybe he met him before, perhaps just a glimpse. Nothing worth getting a headache about.

Hurry up! I'm growing molds here!
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Doesn't seem so personal. Perhaps it's just the realization that that guy (Neo) is actually the guy the Merv wants and that maybe he met him before, perhaps just a glimpse. Nothing worth getting a headache about.

Hurry up! I'm growing molds here!
You'll just have to wait and see how I pull it off. Next one will be up sometime late this afternoon.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Are we there yet? No. Are we there yet? No. Are we there yet? No. Are we there yet? No. Are we there yet? No. Are we there yet?......
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Yeah, I know, I know... it's late. Boy, it sure is late, this afternoon, ain't it? lol

Well, get a mop, 'cause it's coming.