Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

darthdavid wrote:
No cheap deaths for ANYONE. You have my word.
What about carbonite frozen han solo damn it!!!
Yeah man ... Save Han Solo!
Anyone voting for this?
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Make his force self be transplanted into someone, anyone's body at the very least.
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Nice chapter, like usual Stravo. It would appear the stage is set for the final showdown--although I don't actually know if the Battle of Andor will be the end. But there is treachery amongst the Imperials in Jerjerrod and Vader, the Emperor will soon make his presence known, and all hell will break loose when they all collide at Andor and its exploding sun!

Not even Graham Kennedy could screw this one up. Rock on Stravo. 8)
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

darthdavid wrote:Make his force self be transplanted into someone, anyone's body at the very least.
How about Palpatine? Or Trawn? darkstar maybe?

:twisted: mwahahahaha :kill:
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Comosicus' log, star date 1st December, National Day of Romania

"It's been two days and no sign from anyone. Noone aswered my last call. Only static in the receiver and the continuous loop of the previously sent messages that keep pulsing on the broadcasting network. I wonder if I am the last one ... The feeling is somehow scary. But all that remained inside Pandora's box was hope. There is hope in me too. Hope that I'll be able to find the next chapter. I know it's somewhere, in the storm inside Stravo's brain. I have hope that it will be able to find it's way out and reach me. This is my hope... my belief ... the reason for living."

To become serious ... Stravo, can you give as an ETA at least? I know that there are several universes coliding inside your brain, but can you do that for us? just an ETA.

Kepp up the good work and ....

SAVE HAN SOLO :mrgreen:
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Leave Stravo alone and do not make him set a deadline. Even if it is just a guess. We do not need Stravo worrying about how much time he has left. Patience is your ally.~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

There are more Chapters of Star Scrossed than you have pubic hairs. Let the man work.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

That's not saying much, it just means that there's atleast 1 chapter :P
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Alright, alright. No chapters in less than a week and already you're turning on each other. This is like Lord of the Flies in here. :wink:
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

*mounts Stavro's head on a spike and vanishes into the jungle to have deep philosophical discussions with it*
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Still working on reading through it, cool story though.. only around chapter 50 right now.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

The_Lumberjack wrote:*mounts Stavro's head on a spike and vanishes into the jungle to have deep philosophical discussions with it*
Man, I want to read more of Starcrossed. DON'T touch Stravo.

I'm sorry if I have upseted anybody. That was not my intention. But i noticed no posts in 2 days and I tried to warm things a bit. Looks like I've made it. :wink:

Stravo. make it two weeks if you need it. After all, it's your opera and you're the boss.

*Late idea* How about not posting any chapter till Christmas and puting then 2-3-4 chapters? We will call you Santa Stravo then :mrgreen:
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Darth Fanboy wrote:There are more Chapters of Star Scrossed than you have pubic hairs. Let the man work.
:mrgreen: If that's true, then we'll read Starcrossed until our beards grow white and 2 meters long. Hmm, I wonder if I look fine with such a beard :roll:

Does it count if I have my pubic hair shaved?
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Comosicus wrote:
The_Lumberjack wrote:*mounts Stavro's head on a spike and vanishes into the jungle to have deep philosophical discussions with it*
Man, I want to read more of Starcrossed. DON'T touch Stravo.

I'm sorry if I have upseted anybody. That was not my intention. But i noticed no posts in 2 days and I tried to warm things a bit. Looks like I've made it. :wink:

Stravo. make it two weeks if you need it. After all, it's your opera and you're the boss.

*Late idea* How about not posting any chapter till Christmas and puting then 2-3-4 chapters? We will call you Santa Stravo then :mrgreen:
See, the advantage of having Stavro's head on a spike out in the jungle is that he hasnt got anything else to do but tell me all his fanfics. :) And then, maybe, I could pass them on, but then, if we continue the analogy, I'm supposed to get killed as I see that the real truth is that there is a hidden Stavro in all of us.

Yes folks, tonight, I'm in literary analogy mode
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Comosicus wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:There are more Chapters of Star Scrossed than you have pubic hairs. Let the man work.
:mrgreen: If that's true, then we'll read Starcrossed until our beards grow white and 2 meters long. Hmm, I wonder if I look fine with such a beard :roll:

Im wondering if your account comes with a publicly accessible off-switch. If not, then I know what to ask Santa-Mod for Christmas.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
Comosicus wrote:

Im wondering if your account comes with a publicly accessible off-switch. If not, then I know what to ask Santa-Mod for Christmas.

Ok ... it seems that some people don't like my jokes ... I apologies if I offended anybody and I'll try to post strictly to the subject.
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Chapter 65: A Book by its Cover

The quarters were quiet, in the middle of the ship’s night cycle his quarters were dimly lit as he thumbed through the last pages of the treatise by a human named Carl vonClausewitz. Behind him on his computer screen floated the image of an Andorian artifact that was on display at the Louver on Earth. The Imperium was kind enough to send him a holoimage at his request. His file on Andorian artwork had grown considerably as the eve of battle approached.

Despite the battle reports that were neatly stacked by his computer, the battle readiness drills that were consistently coming up in the excellent ranges and in some cases setting new fleet records, despite the latest intelligence reports that the Federation was fortifying their position but that so far they were vastly outgunned something troubled him.

He could not put his finger on it. Like some rodent gnawing away at a worn leather strap, he could feel his worries gnawing on his confidence concerning this mission. There was something amiss and he had campaigned far too long and hard to ignore his feelings. If something troubled him it was usually for a reason for which his conscious mind had not yet become aware of.

Once, during a campaign in Wild Space he had met with the Admiral of the opposing side of a conquest. The Admiral promised him that he would surrender his fleet at the next battle and welcome him with open arms. Thrawn’s fleet would be allowed into the defensive perimeter and the surrender would be complete.

He had been troubled the night before to the point where he could not sleep. It was only as he lay awake in the very dawning of the new morning that his eyes widened and he realized that the Admiral’s aide looked sick with fear. It was almost palpable.

The Admiral’s last gambit was to bring Thrawn’s fleet into the defensive perimeter, reactivate it and hope that the combination of the defensive guns and his own fleet’s brawling tactics might bring down the Imperial fleet.

Thrawn imagined he expression on the Admiral’s face when he emerged from hyperspace and launched the massive asteroids they had brought with them into the defensive perimeter in makeshift mass drivers. The slaughter commenced moments later.

If not for his noting the young aide’s obvious discomfort he may well have blundered into the elaborate trap. Sometimes the mind noticed things subconsciously and the conscious mind was too distracted to take note. What was bothering him now?

The door to his office opened quietly and Jerjerrod walked in.

“Sir? Lord Vader is here at your request.”

“Very good, Jerjerrod. Please let him in.”

“Yes sir.”

A few moments passed and the armored giant Darth Vader strode into Thrawn’s quarters. The Sith lord paused for a moment at the threshold. Thrawn appreciated the minimum respect that Vader showed him. It would be most gratifying to see the Sith lord on his knees in the near future.

“Lord Vader, if you please.” Thrawn indicated the empty seat opposite his.

“I would prefer to stand Grand Admiral.”

“Of course.” Thrawn replied evenly and regarded the tall imposing Sith lord for a moment through hooded crimson eyes.

“Lord Vader what is the current status of our fleet?”

“We are in position in orbit of the gas giant of this system. Strict communications silence is being observed and any and all communications must be sent either by shuttle or probe droid. All fighters have been recalled and a small perimeter sensor net of probe droids relying solely on passive scanners has been set up on the perimeter of the system. We should have at least 15 minutes warning should any vessels approach via warp drive.”

“I didn’t order the probe droid net.” Thrawn noted.

“It was my order. I do not like the position we are in. We are vulnerable and I will not give our enemies the slightest advantage.”

“Excellent Lord Vader. I must admit that when the Emperor stated that we would compliment each other perfectly for this assignment I was skeptical.”

“Indeed.” Vader said but his voice betrayed nothing. Some whispered that Vader was nothing more than some berserker stuck in the past who slew at a moment’s notice and had not a whit of political acumen. Thrawn quickly learned otherwise. Vader cultivated the image of himself as a lumbering hatchet man. He was a cunning warrior and had a keen mind that let him see through almost any plot or ploy and was ruthlessly efficient at eliminating his enemies. Most telling of all was the fact that the Emperor kept him as his right hand for these long decades without fail.

He would be a force to be reckoned with and Thrawn privately relished the possibility.

“I have formulated a plan, lord Vader that will help assure us victory.”

“It is my understanding with the firepower we have assembled that victory is assured.”

“Not the kind of victory that I want and we need.”

“Go on.”

“We need the Andorian shipyards, we need their infrastructure and manufacturing base.”

“In my opinion Admiral, you have placed to much value and emphasis on Andor. They are one of the most highly developed worlds in the Federation that is true but they are not the only world. There is also the Borg Collective, there is an entire swath of this galaxy with dead worlds brimming with manufacturing facilities and shipyards that we could easily convert to our use.” Vader countered.

“The problem, Lord Vader, is time and distance. It will only help the Imperium’s cause if we set up a base of operations in another quadrant of this galaxy. If, however we are right on their doorstep so to speak then we have a better chance of keeping them in line until it is time to remove them from the equation.” Thrawn explained.

“You will leave Lord Nemesis to me.” Vader said coldly. Thrawn could feel the cold smoldering anger beneath the words.

“Interestingly enough, Lord Vader, my own spy network has unearthed a possibility we have not considered concerning Lord Nemesis’ disappearance.” Thrawn began, his crimson eyes narrowing on the towering giant.

Vader said nothing, only the mechanical rhythmic breathing of his respirator filled the silence between the two.

“It seems that the initial story concerning his disappearance proved false. The Imperium is desperately trying to hide the fact that they have no idea where he is.”

“What are you implying?”

“That he abandoned them to their fate perhaps?”

“He would gain nothing by running. It is not in his nature to turn away from battle or a challenge. If the Imperium does not know where he is it is because he intended for them not to know.”

“You seem to know Lord Nemesis very well.” Thrawn noted. “I was impressed with the young man but he is a random element we can no longer afford. His loyalties were questionable to begin with and now they have borne fruit in this forsaken place.”

“Be that as it may Admiral, you will leave Lord Nemesis to me. A Sith lord must be dealt with by another in matters of betrayal.” Vader warned.

“I would not think of usurping your role Lord Vader.”

“And Mara Jade.”

“I’m not sure I understand.”

“You approached her some time ago in a private meeting. The Emperor’s hand is closest to Lord Nemesis, seems to have gained his trust what better assassin than someone trained to do precisely that.” Vader noted coolly.

“You assume much Lord Vader. Besides she disappeared with him, many whispered among the Imperium that he intended to marry her.”

“That would be false. A Sith lord does not marry a woman. He takes what he wishes.”

Thrawn shrugged slightly.

“I am merely relaying what my network has managed to gather.”

“We are not fools, Grand Admiral. I respect you enough not to play semantic games with your intelligence, I ask you to do the same with me.” Vader replied darkly and pointed a crooked finger at Thrawn. Thrawn could feel phantom finger caressing his throat.

“Of course, Lord Vader. I respect you and consider you a valuable if not essential part of my fleet and command staff. So much so that I will rely on you to give us victory in the coming battle.” Thrawn commented casually.

“Indeed?” Vader asked curiously, the fingers retreating from Thrawn’s throat but an outside observer would never have guessed from looking at Thrawn’s face that he had almost been killed.

“The minefield is the key to the Andorian defense. They know that the minefield is not powerful enough to stop us, only slow us down.”

“Giving them the time they need to set up their defense and decided where they will make their stand while we are blasting our way through millions of self replicating mines.”

“More to the point, giving them time to begin self destructing the very assets we intend to capture.”

“You have found a way to deactivate the mines?”

“Not quite.” Thrawn replied and reached over to the stack of datapads on his desk. He checked it and handed the pad to Vader. Vader glanced down at the report.

“You’ll note that this is an after action report for the Battle for Earth or as it is more commonly known the Battle of sector 001. Note the highlighted portions of text.”

Vader scrolled down and read. He looked up slowly.

Although obviously Thrawn could not read the masked Sith Lord’s face he could feel the sense of realization dawning in his mind.

“The question most pertinent to both of us is simple Lord Vader.” Thrawn leaned in closely. “Can you duplicate what Darth Nemesis accomplished in the Battle?”

Vader handed the datapad back to Thrawn.

“There is nothing that the boy can do that I cannot.”

“Good.” Thrawn replied with a sharp nod. “I am placing the fate of this fleet and our future in this galaxy in your more than capable hands.”

“As you wish.” Vader replied and began to turn to leave.

“Lord Vader?” The Sith Lord paused. “I am curious.” Thrawn began as he toyed with the datapad in his hands. “Should Lord Nemesis return and I begin my assault against the Imperium what will you do to him?”

“What needs to be done.”

Thrawn watched him closely now, his crimson eyes narrowed to slits.

“Does that include killing him?”

“If that is his destiny.” Vader replied without hesitation.

“Lord Kierkegaard, it is indeed a pleasure.” the fat major domo exclaimed clapping his hands together gleefully as he swept down the long marble steps that led up to the front of the enormous palace. His long black and white silk robe flowed behind him like an ocean on a windy day.

“I was hoping that my arrival had been announced with enough time.” Kirk replied arrogantly as he extended his hand nonchalantly towards the major domo. Kirk wore a sparkling golden toga like robe, the long end held up by his free hand. Each finger was adorned with beautiful sparkling diamonds, rubies and gems of other persuasions, each of them rich and rare. Around his neck was a pendant worked from a pure dilithium crystal.

Behind him was his entourage.

Chancellor Worf was wearing battered old Klingon body armor, stains of various species’ blood spattered the armor in odd places along the steel gray scales. He held a batleth at rest in the crook of his right arm and his hair was wild an unkempt, a mad bloodlust dancing in his eyes. He watched everything with a hawk like gaze.

Flanking Worf was Chewbacca standing tall next to the Klingon and holding his bowcaster close to his chest as he glowered at those around him.

Doctor McCoy wore a simple white tunic and a Denebian leather medical bag encrusted with diamonds. He looked bored and distracted.

Spock stood right beside McCoy in an elegantly tailored suit in the sharp utilitarian style of the Romulan Empire. In one hand he held a personal credit computer for quick access to cash and in the other he held a datapad at the ready.

Uhura stood by Kirk’s left hand side dressed in a gorgeous skin tight leather dress accented by flourishes of long crimson feathers from the firebirds of Orion. Her hair was up in a beautiful mound of braids and buns to form a mountain of hair capping her beautiful face. She was smiling politely and one hand remained on Kirk’s shoulder rubbing it softly.

Threepio stood off to the side looking around with some trepidation.

Finally Kirk’s extended hand held a chain wrought of cold black iron and it led behind him to a collar of stylized steel and crystal. The collar was tightly wound around Leia’s pale emerald swan like neck. She wore a metallic bikini that just about covered only the most vital spots to be remotely modest. She was swaying slightly from side to side, almost as if desperate to start running, balanced on the balls of her feet. A feral expression on her face did not hide the smoldering erotic heat that glowed in her eyes as she examined the newcomer.

“Of course not sirrah. My Lord Darkstar is always eager to welcome a fellow Orion in these troubled times. He is always on the look out for news of the war that is consuming our galaxy and has thankfully bathed those self righteous drones of conformity of the Federation.”

“Thank the suns for small favors my good man.” Kirk replied as the major domo politely bowed his head and kissed Kirk’s signet ring, holding his birth stone, the syndicate crest etched into the band as per Orion tradition. Every male must wear this ring on their middle finger of their right hand. The tradition had fallen to the wayside by many of the younger Syndicate lords who were far more concerned about being identified and caught by the numerous security forces of the governments their syndicates preyed upon.

To uphold this tradition in these times spoke volumes about the syndicate lord. They must be powerful enough not to care about such petty concerns or they simply did not care and had no fear. Both of these were attractive traits to other crime lords.

“Will you please follow me Lord Kierkegaard Ossus and I will show you the pleasures of my lord’s palace.” the major domo replied proudly.

“My ship?”

“It will be housed in our hangar system beneath the hills to your east.” the major domo stated with a graceful sweep of a meaty arm.

“I see. There are two men on my personal transport, please see to it that they find their way back to me. one of them is my personal security guard and he will be anxious to join me.”

“You have nothing to fear my lord. We have not had an incident here since Lord Darkstar took over this palace fifty cycles ago.” the major domo sniffed.

“Of course, I did not mean to insinuate otherwise.” Kirk turned slightly and tugged on the chain jerking Leia forward as he started to walk.

“I must compliment you on your entourage sirrah. A Klingon, Vulcan, humans and what precisely is that impressive alien? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before.” The major domo glanced back at Chewbacca with a mixture of apprehension and appreciation.”

“I don’t know what race it is, my people picked him up out of a wreck a few years ago and he has been fiercely loyal to me ever since rescuing him. I would not get too close as he can be…frisky.” Kirk said with a wicked grin.

“Quite a diverse group.” the major domo beamed eyeing the group.

“With the current crisis gripping our galaxy the available talent pool is swelling as people are growing desperate to try and start a new life anywhere but in Imperial controlled space.” Kirk replied with the right touch of haughty pride.
“I see.”

They walked up the stairs to the palace entrance and the major domo nodded to several guards holding disruptor rifles at attention. They snapped their weapons down respectfully as Kirk, or Lord Kierkegaard Ossus as he had chosen to call himself and his entourage passed by, several of the guards eyed Leia hungrily as she bounded up the stairs, she shot one of them a hungry expression and he almost melted in pleasure.

Truth be told there was something to be said for these pheromones but as soon as she started feeling heady with her power Kirk would jerk the chain and remind her that she was standing chained to the man nearly naked. Then she grew angry that she had allowed herself to be placed in this position, particularly with Uhura taking the role of personal secretary.

She felt as if she had been fooled into this.

They entered the main courtyard of the palace.

Everyone stopped for a moment and gaped at the sights around them, the massive meticulously manicured gardens were a wonder of emerald splashed with every natural color of the spectrum and the fragrance of thousands of wildflowers and roses drifted on the moist mist in the air. The roar of an unseen waterfall became a natural accompaniment to the vista.

“Well shut me down if this is not a natural wonder.” Threepio commented brightly. The gardens reminded him of his home on Alderaan so long ago.

“Lord Kierkegaard Ossus! A pleasure sir.” Lord Darkstar boomed from the edge of the large bridge of marble spanning the small river that ran through the heart of this garden. He stood with a beautiful woman with long blonde locks smiling with a bored expression. He was flanked on either side by tall masses of slim sculpted muscles. They wore loose fitting suits one was all in black the other all in white. They eyed Kirk with a predatory interest.

“Lord Darkstar, I thank you for your kind hospitality. Please allow me to introduce my entourage.” Kirk turned his head and rested a hand on Uhura’s hip. “This is Nyota Umbasha my personal secretary and trainer.” Uhura bowed her head respectfully and smiled with a vapid expression on her face. As awful as she felt acting like a walking stereotype she felt far more for the poor princess reduced to the state she was in.

“This is Soren my accountant. I have discovered that there is nothing like a Vulcan mind when it comes to making sure I know what I have in my coffers to the deca-credit.”

“I agree Lord Ossus. It is a testament to your personal power that one of their kind would logically follow you.”

“That and the fact that they have no where else to go. It is either serve the Empire or take to the very space which they oppressed all these long years.” Kirk leaned in slightly and immediately noticed the two muscle bound guards inched in closely and their hands flashed to the small metallic studs at their belts. He also noticed that they moved as one, exactly simultaneously. “I have found that many credits can instantly make anything very logical.”

Darkstar eyed Kirk for a moment, his eyes boring into Kirk’s for a long uncomfortable moment, the twin guards’ hands were hovering over the metal studs without shaking. Darkstar suddenly guffawed and slapped Kirk on the shoulder.

“You have a sense of humor Kierkegaard….I can call you Kierkegaard of course…I am so weary of the gaggle of so called Syndicate lords so full of themselves as they preen in my presence with their stony serious faces.

“I find that a humorous outlook in life is a necessity particularly in these grim times.”

“Agreed my good lord and please tell me who is this enchanted creature.” Darkstar said as he eyed Leia with unconcealed lust. Leia tried her best to scowl menacingly at him and she found that her experiences in the Imperial senate proved valuable now. She had to speak before thousands of senators as a young woman alone in the spotlight. Now all she had to do was face down a petty crime lord and despite the fact that she was nearly naked she was not afraid. She held her head up high and scowled at the young crimson haired Orion.

“This is my most prized possession. Leeta.” Kirk replied and tugged at the chain bringing her closer to him.

“Her scent is strong, I commend you. She looks as if she is in her prime. I suspect that even you do not last as long as she does.”

“Anyone who has ever been with one of the animal women knows that they can outlast ten men let alone one.” Kirk said with a wry smile and glanced back at Leia. His eyes softened slightly as he looked into hers but quickly recovered. “She is more energetic than most.”

Darkstar’s raised his eyebrows in surprise and respect.

“You are a lucky man sir.”

“I consider myself so.”

Darkstar’s eyes wandered over Leia’s body but she did not flinch, she would not give him the satisfaction that he was making her feel uncomfortable.

“And this creature?” Darkstar asked looking up at Chewbacca with an appraiser’s eye.

“I don’t know his species, I found him in a wreck a few years ago and he has served me faithfully since.”

“He looks strong.”

“I’ve seen him tear arms out of a Nausican’s socket for looking at me the wrong way.” Kirk offered.

“Hmmm.” Darkstar tapped his chin as he examined the Wookiee. “Would it be possible to purchase him from you?”

Kirk looked pensive for a moment and walked over to Darkstar. The muscled twins were instantly flanking him as he drew closer. Chewbacca growled at them menacingly.

“I would watch your step here. Lord Ossus likes his personal space and I enjoy enforcing that edict.” Worf snapped.

“Ah, my bodyguards, they can be so enthusiastic.” Kirk noted.

“A Klingon eh? Not the first of these so called honorable warriors to have fled the field of slaughter and come into our employ. They are loyal and easy to care for, much like human canines in my opinion.” Darkstar sneered.

Worf scowled at the Orion. He had to fight the growing urge to run this scum through with his batleth for what he was spouting but he had given his word to Captain Kirk, the completion of this mission would bring much more honor to Worf and his Empire than killing an Orion crime lord.

“Save that it costs more to feed him.” Kirk replied without skipping a beat and laughing haughtily.

Darkstar looked but at Kierkegaard.

“I like you Kierkegaard.”

“Why thank you, but like and business usually don’t mix.”

“And you are here to do business are you not?”

“Of course I am. I am a busy man, I spend much of my time traveling the far reaches of this quadrant. I have rarely spent any time in the Home systems of Orion.”

“Mmm…so I’m told.” Darkstar replied as he examined McCoy and Spock with a critical eye.

“My personal physician, Doctor Renner.” Kirk said helpfully.

“He stinks of Starfleet.” Dee spat.

“Kill him I says.” Dum added hand on the pike at his belt.

“Hold on now.” McCoy began backing away and holding his hands up defensively.

“What is the meaning of this Lord Darkstar!” Kirk boomed and everyone jumped slightly at the sudden change in Kirk’s demeanor and volume of his voice.

Darkstar held up a hand and his twin muscle men stopped instantly. He glowered at Kirk and softly strode up to him until their faces were almost nose to nose.

“Let us get something straight between the both of us, Kierkegaard. I like you, but that does not mean you will be allowed to address me in such a manner. Next time you feel like speaking to me in such a tone think on this.” he snapped his fingers and Dee and Dum were instantly at either side of Leia and grabbed a firm hold of her arms. Kirk took a step forward and Chewbacca roared as he turned to attack the muscle men.

“Oh my goodness! What a horrible man!” Threepio exclaimed excitedly waving his arms.

“They will tear her apart before your walking throw rug can do a thing I assure you!” Darkstar shouted.

“Chewie!” Kirk called out. Chewbacca paused his eyes boring into Dee and Dum with a murderous rage.

“Now, should you decide to indulge yourself in further histrionics I will have Dee and Dum tear her apart. Don’t think I haven’t seen the way you look at her and for shame Kierkegaard….an animal woman? How truly pathetic.” he spat then made a dismissive gesture with his hand. “But to each his own.”

“I think we have an understanding.” Kirk replied his voice thick with anger.

“Good. I pegged you for a smart man. Now, this Doctor Renner does indeed have the stink of Starfleet about him. tell me about him quickly and I will know if you’re lying. Remember, the little lady is on the spot.” Dee and Dum grinned mischievously and their grip on Leia’s arms tightened.

“His real name is Doctor Steven Harper.” Kirk began his tone defeated.

“Damnit you fool shut up!” McCoy snapped angrily but Worf suddenly brought his batleth to McCoy’s throat.

“He was chief surgeon on the starship Endeavor which was downed over Ralyia in the opening days of the war. Harper wanted off the planet, I needed a new doctor after my old one met an unfortunate end.”

“How?”

Kirk eyed Chewbacca meaningfully.

“Ah, I see.” Darkstar noted as he watched McCoy.

“Do you know what these people do to Starfleet officers?!” McCoy exclaimed.

“Well your hardly Starfleet now are you? Deserting your post and the damned drinking.” Kirk shot back acidly.

McCoy looked wounded.

Darkstar chuckled and motioned for Dee and Dum to release Leia. They instantly let her go as Dum blew Chewbacca a kiss. The Wookiee took a step forward. Leia shot him a warning glare and Chewbacca stopped short but barked something nasty at the twins.

“I like that, Kierkegaard. You taking the dregs of Starfleet. I always suspected that at the heart of that self righteous organization beat a rather corrupt heart of humans. No. I will not kill him. I want him to know that we all know he is a failure and a deserter. That his Federation ideals were not there to help him when he needed them most and most importantly of all they have proven an old Orion axiom correct: Everyone has their price.” Darkstar said icily as he walked past Kirk and the others back to the bridge.

“Perhaps I can help smooth things over between us.”

“Yes?” Darkstar asked innocently.

“Allow me to make you a gift.”

“Hardly deserving of a gift if you ask me.” Threepio whispered to Chewbacca who looked down at the golden droid in mild annoyance.

“Allow me to give you this example of technology from the alien galaxy. Left behind in a battle near Alpha Centauri some agents managed to scoop it up and sell it to me at a very modest price. I offer you my droid.” Kirk said with a cool smile and made a generous sweeping motion with his right hand.

“What did he say?” Threepio exclaimed and did a double take.

Darkstar smiled pleasantly and nodded to Kirk

“I accept your gift in the spirit in which it was given and allow me to reciprocate by inviting you to a game this afternoon where I will show off my latest acquisition.”

“I thank you, Lord Darkstar. If I could please retire to dress for the occasion as I hardly think this old thing is worthy of such an honor.”

“But of course. My palace is your palace, Good Kierkegaard. You will be allowed to roam freely as you will find that my secrets can guard themselves.” Darkstar stated with a cold smile as he took Anastasia’s hand with pomp and circumstance strode away as Dee and Dum stood by Threepio smiling down at the droid.

“But my lord…what did I do??” Threepio shouted in despair as Kirk led the rest of his entourage away following the major domo to their rooms.

“This can’t be serious.” Jellico snapped darkly as he watched the shuttle approach.

“We’re about to find out sir.” Riker replied neutrally as he stood quietly behind his interim Supreme Commander. He had noted how subtly the word interim was being dropped from the title these days.

“Don’t tell me you believe the message, Captain?” Jellico asked watching Riker with a critical expression.

“Quite frankly sir after all we have seen in this war there’s not much I can’t believe at this point.” Riker said with a soft smile tugging at his lips.

“You can afford to be light hearted about these matters Captain Riker, I can’t.”

“Sir, if I may be so bold, Captain Kirk always took the time to smile and laugh. otherwise, what are we fighting for if we can’t take the time to enjoy the life we are fighting for.”

“And look where it got him, Captain.” Jellico replied frostily as the shuttle docked with the airlock. Riker frowned but said nothing as the airlock cycled. The airlock snapped open and three figures slowly entered the base. First was the young Charlie Evans and he was helping a twisted gnarled older woman past the open airlock. She moved with a delicate grace belying her ancient twisted and broken body.

Behind her another figure rolled into the base, his life support chair humming softly as it traversed the area on magnetic cushions. The figure in the chair was old, face scarred by radiation and emergency surgery to save what little flesh had not been ravaged by Delta waves. Despite the age and damage there was enough left, particularly around the eyes to make it obvious to those who knew him in a previous life whom he was.

“Captain Christopher Pike.” Riker beamed.

“Captain Pike?” Jellico asked fighting the disbelief he felt at the appearance of yet another living legend from Starfleet’s past.

“Yes. I thought Captain Kirk would be waiting for me. We have much to discuss.” Pike replied in a cold monotone from a speaker built into the front panel.

“I’m afraid sir that Captain Kirk has left the fleet and we have no idea where he is.”

Riker said nothing but glanced over sharply at Jellico. He knew damn well that some of Kirk’s command crew and the Princess left last week because they were certain where he was but nothing had been heard from them since.

“That’s an unexpected wrinkle.” Pike noted, his face however was frozen in a rictus scowl of pain. Only his eyes were freely moving and they looked alive and alert as they glanced between Riker and Jellico. “Who might you be?”

“I am Captain Jellico, Supreme Commander of the Federation Forces at war against the Empire.”

“Interim supreme commander?” Pike asked pointedly.

“Officially, but it is highly doubtful that Captain Kirk will return Captain Pike. These people need leadership. Surely you of all people can recognize that.”

“I’ve been around long enough, Captain Jellico to know the kind of leadership that these people need. I will wait for Captain Kirk’s return.”

Jellico blinked.

“Sir, maybe you didn’t understand what I just said but Captain Kirk has been gone for some time now and it is doubtful that he will return. If you have anything to say to him you can say it to me.”

“No.” Pike replied simply.

Jellico glared at the crippled older man. What was it about these legends that they thought they were above it all? That life seemed to bow to their whims? He would love to take them on a tour of the medical wards after one of their inspired strategies. Battles were always glorious and inspiring it was the aftermaths no one wanted to deal with. Jellico had to deal with them and as such he had an appreciation of the price to be paid for victory. It was a price that he would not pay if he had anything to say about it.

“Fine by me sir. I will have you assigned quarters. I’ll leave you in Captain Riker’s more than capable hands. Now if you will excuse me I have urgent fleet matters to attend to.” Jellico stated gruffly and started to stalk away but stopped at the door as they obediently snapped open. He looked back at Pike.

“You should ask yourself Captain, whether what you know can save lives and if it does, then any life lost because of your pride should be on your head and not mine. I have very broad shoulders sir, responsibility comes easily to me, I wonder how yours are feeling these days.” Jellico commented dryly and walked out.

“I apologize sir.” Riker began.

“He’s right you know. No matter which way you cut it.” Pike noted.

Riker said nothing for a moment.

“Tell me something, Captain Riker. Do you believe that James Kirk will return?”

“I want to sir. I truly do, but hope has left this Federation with him.”

Pike tried to nod, no matter how many years he had remained in his wasted shell it was hard to discard a lifetime of habits.

“He will return, Captain. These final battles will not be fought without him, trust me on that. Fate has something in mind for him and it is not to die somewhere far of and forgotten.” Pike replied simply. There was a rock solid faith in his words.

Vena smiled warmly and cupped his face and kissed his cheek.

“He is amazing isn’t he? I would listen to him, Captain. He has a tendency to be right about these things.”

“I can believe that.” Riker said with a smile.

“Now I will need to get some rest, its been a long flight. Charlie, why don’t you come with me, I can use the company.”

“You’re not bored of me, sir?” Charlie asked hesitantly.

“Bored? I’m living a new youth through you young man. Besides I want you to read me a good book, its called the Odyssey, I think you might like it.”

“I don’t read so well sir. We didn’t do much reading where I come from.” Charlie said sullenly.

“Charles Evans there is nothing in this universe like reading a good book.” Vena chided.

“Take that Jellico character Charlie. He never learned one of the basic precepts of life.”

“Oh?”

“Never judge a book by its cover.”

Charlie mouthed the words to himself and nodded as he suddenly understood.

“Now come on, I still haven’t convinced you that Starfleet will make a man out of you.”

Charlie smiled shyly as he fell in step with Vena and Riker. Vena placed a maternal arm around the boy’s arm and smiled up at him.

“Don’t let him bore you with those war stories.” she added playfully.

“Hasn’t stopped you from asking me to tell them.” Pike replied with a mechanical laugh.

Riker watched them for a moment and of all things it reminded him of grandparents with their prize grandchild. He could not help but smile and chuckle to himself. Captain Christopher Pike had brought some joy and light with his arrival and for a brief moment Riker forgot that they were facing Armageddon.

Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

hehe
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Darth Phoenix
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Phoenix »

First to post...(I 've always wanted to say that :D )

Edit:Damn Crown Got here first :oops:
-...and the entire room goes silent when one of the stormtroopers points to a stain in Darth Vaders cape. -

There is no peace, there is Anger;
There is no fear, there is Power.
There is no death, there is immortality;
There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

ohhhhh goody goody goody!
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

4th
Illuminatus Primus
All Seeing Eye

Post by Illuminatus Primus »

I really dislike the relationship between Vader and Thrawn.

Vader was invariably sent to make sure the fleet commander was totally loyal to the Emperor (which in the EU, Thrawn was not).

Vader would never answer requests to report to the Grand Admiral. The Grand Admiral would offer Vader reports. Lord Darth Vader is the Imperial Armed Forces Supreme Commander. One of his titles is Military Executor.

Its really out of character I'd wish you could change it some next time.
"You know what the problem with Hollywood is. They make shit. Unbelievable. Unremarkable. Shit." - Gabriel Shear, Swordfish

"This statement, in its utterly clueless hubristic stupidity, cannot be improved upon. I merely quote it in admiration of its perfection." - Garibaldi in reply to an incredibly stupid post.

The Fifth Illuminatus Primus | Warsie | Skeptical Empiricist | Florida Gator | Sustainability Advocate | Libertarian Socialist |
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Illuminatus Primus wrote:I really dislike the relationship between Vader and Thrawn.

Its really out of character I'd wish you could change it some next time.
There is a fundmental shift in the Vader chain of command instituted by the Emperor himself. Thrawn is given supreme authority in this expedition and Vader is sent as a sort of glorified observer. This has of course created a huge rift between the two precisely because of Vader's previous post. As we see in the chapter when Thrawn comes on board.

One wonders why the Emperor would do such a thing? :twisted:

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Im gonna have to agree with IP on this one with Regards to the Thrawn/Vader relationship. Despite Thrawn's obvious qualifications the Emperor has his anti-alien biases that would factor in as well as the fact that Vader is higher in the chain of command than Thrawn.

In fairness to the teller of tales himself, Vader is a most difficult character to write dialgue for I would Imagine, and although there has been more than one occaision in Starcrossed with dialogue unbecoming of the Dark Lord, he has been well written.

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Now I'm trying to remember what it is Nemisis did back at Earth... Couldn't be the superlaser trick could it? They don't have access to the Emperor's Will...do they?

I enjoyed the Kirk and Darkstar scene...and I REALLY want to see Chewie tear one of the android gaurds limb from limb...

The Pike thing was nice. Didn't seem to be worth much but to bring some hope bac to the feddies (which is still worth a lot)...wonder what his information is.

All in all a good chapter Stravo.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator