No
30%
Maybe
33%

Total votes: 30

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Already have my tickets for the midnight show in the SOny IMAX at Lincon Center on Tues. Keeping the tradition alive, I have seen all three movies midnight show same theater same friend.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Dalton wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:And just a matter of asking...the tickets aren't up yet, right(even if so 1:30 shouldn't be hard to get)?
You can buy the tickets now if you want, but we have to be absolutely sure of the time.
I snatched up 1:30 but again 11 bucks ain't gonna kill me compared against the totla cost of the trip if we change our collective minds.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Zaia wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
Zaia wrote: It's not that, exactly. It's just hard having the rep I have, y'know? People expect much, methinks.
And they don't from Dalton, Phil, Greg and I... it is a heavy burden we ASVS regs have to bear - Gods amongst men, Adonis personified, more intelligent than Einstein and wittier than Wilde. Thankfully we simply set the Lump club on anyone that complains after a personal appearance. :wink:
Yes, that's true, but I think it's a bit different for a chick. Just a bit.
The whole: bunch of sci-fi geeks will expect that you are the most beautiful creature to wlka the earth kind of expectations? I think you might be safe from that. I say that not because you are or aren't but rather because of the motely crew of people coming I think you'll find most of the guys reasonably well adjusted to just meeting interesting people period.

From the last time, when ASVSers gathered for AOTC, it was just great to actually be able to meet people in person (though Wilson nearly blinded me with his nuclear blast resistant legs and Dalton nearly kileld us all over missing Enteman's but emneh). It didn't matter what everyone looked like (or that Dalton excels at running red lights and leading a convoy fomr the rear car) but rather that we were all hyped to be able to meet and enjoy something we collectively loved.

Now obviously you can't make it and I'm sorry but don't be too afraid about meeting some of these guys as our expectations aren't quite what you think they are.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Can you post the link to buy the tickets? I am too confused and busy to search for it. ~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Last edited by CmdrWilkens on 2003-12-02 12:12am, edited 1 time in total.

-Kingdom of Heaven
Soontir C'boath
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Now I'm more confused.
Dalton wrote:I was wrong anyway. The E-walk is on 42nd and 8th.
Yet in the link provided it said 34th street. So erm, which is it?~Jason
Edit: And Dress thy link. That is damn long. :lol:
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Bad link, I've reposted with the appropriate one

-Kingdom of Heaven
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

So, guys, are we decided? 1:30PM on Saturday the 20th?

Jason: It's the E-Walk on 42nd and 8th. I misspoke before since Penn Station is on 34th and I got confused.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Dalton wrote:So, guys, are we decided? 1:30PM on Saturday the 20th?

Jason: It's the E-Walk on 42nd and 8th. I misspoke before since Penn Station is on 34th and I got confused.
Sounds good...I'm in for the time
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

If only we each looked like our avatars, then it would be easy to find each other in the lobby. :lol:
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Soontir C'boath

Yes I got it...let me just order the ticket/s maybe my bro will come too.~Jason
Daltonator
Reclusive Wanker

Post by Daltonator »

Alright, I bought my ticket, but unfortunately my sister won't be able to make it that day.
JMS 4:22 | Image
Soontir C'boath

Apparently, I need to have the credit card and a form of identification to recieve the ticks. They don't have those pick-up machines don't they?
Well, have to wait on me bro then and guess he's coming along too. :)

Cyaround,
Jason
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Soontir C'boath wrote:Apparently, I need to have the credit card and a form of identification to recieve the ticks. They don't have those pick-up machines don't they?
You don't have ID?
To Absent Friends

Soontir C'boath

If I were to use my mother's credit card. It would state the last name Chen, my last name is Wang thus it'll be hard convincing them I'm with her and not "stealing" unless they're fine with it and i'm just being paranoid. :P~Jason

Edit: OT, with the LOTR meet thread lock just wanted to point out that the London meet is cancelled if I saw it right.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Soontir C'boath wrote:If I were to use my mother's credit card. It would state the last name Chen, my last name is Wang thus it'll be hard convincing them I'm with her and not "stealing" unless they're fine with it and i'm just being paranoid. :P~Jason
This is assuming that they'd even check the signature or name. In my experience all they do is swipe the card...but if you want, you can ask one of us to get your tickets for you and just pay us back.
Soontir C'boath wrote:Edit: OT, with the LOTR meet thread lock just wanted to point out that the London meet is cancelled if I saw it right.
That thread was perm-locked anyway, but thanks :)
To Absent Friends

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Soontir C'boath wrote:Apparently, I need to have the credit card and a form of identification to recieve the ticks. They don't have those pick-up machines don't they?

Cyaround,
Jason
have no fear. Loews E-Walk, along with AMC Empire has those automatic ticketing machines. All they require is a credit card. you can buy or pick-up tickets there. I bought mine there today.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

fgalkin wrote:have no fear. Loews E-Walk, along with AMC Empire has those automatic ticketing machines. All they require is a credit card. you can buy or pick-up tickets there. I bought mine there today.
That reminds me, what the hell would cause a half hour delay getting to the Queens Midtown tunnel from 34th street at 9 fucking PM?
To Absent Friends

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Dalton wrote:
fgalkin wrote:have no fear. Loews E-Walk, along with AMC Empire has those automatic ticketing machines. All they require is a credit card. you can buy or pick-up tickets there. I bought mine there today.
That reminds me, what the hell would cause a half hour delay getting to the Queens Midtown tunnel from 34th street at 9 fucking PM?
No idea. An accident od some kind, perhaps?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Curse you sons of bitches for being so far away... :evil:

Not that you'd actually want to be around me, anyway... :P
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

fgalkin wrote:No idea. An accident od some kind, perhaps?
Well, three lanes of 36th Street and three lanes of the tunnel entrance road had to merge into one lane on a Friday during Christmas season.

I guess that's the best explanation there is.
To Absent Friends

Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Curse you sons of bitches for being so far away... :evil:

Not that you'd actually want to be around me, anyway... :P
Awww, Spanky, you're so cute! Of course everyone would want you there!

Besides, it's not like Iowa is that far from NYC...sheesh...put a little effort into it, will ya? :P :wink:
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Soontir C'boath

fgalkin wrote:have no fear. Loews E-Walk, along with AMC Empire has those automatic ticketing machines. All they require is a credit card. you can buy or pick-up tickets there. I bought mine there today.Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Awesome, I'll order it right now.~Jason
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

Bought my ticket. Still don't know if I'm coming up on Friday night or Saturday morning; depends on work.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Phil Skayhan wrote:Bought my ticket. Still don't know if I'm coming up on Friday night or Saturday morning; depends on work.
If you need a ride I should have space to pick ya' up.

-Kingdom of Heaven