SDN SN

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Mine was a character in some of Glenn Cook's Black Company novels. I liked the sound of the name so I used it.
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Let's see here, I fly planes, and I'm a wicked infadel. Any questions?
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Bill Door
Padawan Learner

Post by Bill Door »

Maybe because I'm a huge Terry Pratchett fan? And of all the characters, I liked Death the best? But having Death as a SN is too overused?
A distinct possiblity, I'd say.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

For those that have them, I'd be curious as to how people pick their custom titles.

Me, I asked for suggestions and I liked The Red Duke (aka Leto Atriedes) and it made a good custom title.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

For mine...it fits the Avatar and name oh so well :D .
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

i picked my name putting together a couple of letters randomly. only later was i told that there was some star wars captain(?) salm. nice coincidence.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Stormbringer wrote:For those that have them, I'd be curious as to how people pick their custom titles.
-ahem-

It chose me, really. :D
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
otter
Youngling

Post by otter »

Mines been my nickname since grade school
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

This is a Necron Lord. Any questions?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

I play a little to much D&D, and this name is that of one of my elven mage characters.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I chose mine for a couple of reasons. First I consider myself an enigma and second I like the Riddler.

Other screen names that I also go by is:

Edward Nigma
Xtreme
Xtreme Psycho
Deathrider
Das Riddler
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

My SN comes from a historical figure in Canadian history "General Montcalm" and for my custom title just look in my sig. :mrgreen:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Cyborg Stan
Jedi Knight

Post by Cyborg Stan »

Cyborg Stan was a little character I drew in fourth or fifth grade art class. I then adapted the name to some other characters after that, and sometimes used it for an alias. Around eighth grade, I started posting at a certain forum. I needed a name, and they really didn't have that much in the way of name limits (compared to say, being limited to only 8 alphanumeric character), so I picked "Cyborg Stan of CyKoLaJx, Inc.", the latter part really having nothing to do with anything. I tend to use Cyborg Stan on mediums that don't support that name.
ASVS Vets Assoc, Class of 1999

Geh Ick Bleah

Avatar is an image of Yuyuko Saigyouji from the Touhou Series.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

NecronLord wrote:http://uk.games-workshop.com/40kunivers ... arge/3.jpg
This is a Necron Lord. Any questions?
Yup, did the Necrons get owned during Eye of Terror?

My screen name did not come from the popular sci-fi comic of the same name.

AD are my initials and i first got internet in the year 2000AD
I thought it sounded cool and then i realised that it was also the name of a comic i used to read that was quite good.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

2000AD wrote: Yup, did the Necrons get owned during Eye of Terror?
I have to confess. that I didn't really have much to do with it. However.

There's now only one Blackstone left, and it's posessed by Slanessh, and we've seized the sentinel worlds, and are building more cadian style monoliths on them...

So I'd say the campain was fairly sucessful, I can't recall hearing of any major necron defeats in the results.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

My original SN was NF_UTVol, standing for my initials (NF) and the University of Tennessee Volunteers (where I go to school). It got awkard when people started thinking my last name was 'Utvol', so I got Mike to change it to just 'Nathan F.'
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

My name is "Phong Nguyen," I'm sure you can figure out the rest.
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Stormbringer wrote:For those that have them, I'd be curious as to how people pick their custom titles.
Mine was issued.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Asked for suggestions and polled the board.

This is my second - my first was a collective term my two bfs and I used for ourselves...
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

well i'm a bit of a crackpot. adding the colonel title makes it sound important. Sure anyone can be a crackpot, but it takes a grade-a whako to be a colonel and a crackpot. My custom title was the winner in a poll of 6 catchy phrases that best suited my personality. :D
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

mine's around since elementry school, I wanted Ace, which was obviously taken, and I wanted something to rythme with it, heard the word pace, and stuck it on.

now people either use ace or pace, never Ace Pace :(
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

I've been The_Lumberjack since the first game of Planetarion, where I was The_Lumberjack of the Ministry of Silly Walks, more or less at the same time, I joined TheGamingUnion (TGU) as The_Lumberjack, where I proceeded to create the Moose Rebellion, and am now known over there as both The_Lumberjack and El Moose Monstero. Over here, I remain The_Lumberjack out of a sense of continuity, and thoughts about changing the name to El Moose Monstero were defeated in a small board survey.

This concludes The_Lumberjack history 101.
Last edited by El Moose Monstero on 2003-12-06 01:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Made a poll after I hit 2000 posts (now it's 2500), and ended up going with my own idea. :)

Was originally going to go with something like "Guv'mint sp00k," but then I decided that "Third Children" sounded better.

I'm a huge fan of the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion, and the kids who pilot the Eva Series are refered to as "Nth Children" singularly.

It's because the First Children, Rei Ayanami, is really a series of clones that use the same soul, with NERV replacing her body every time she is killed. Hence she is a children, not a child, and to help keep her true nature secret, NERV calls all of the Eva pilots Children.

Rei Ayanami is the First Children, Asuka Langley Soryu is the Second Children, and Shinji Ikari is the Third Children. Since Shinji was the only male Children (at least for a while), I decided to go with that instead of something stupid like Sixth Children, since there are only five. Besides, I'm also a lot like Shinji in many ways... :)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Alexander Lyron Valdemar was the ace pilot that under the guidance of a mysterious tachyon hologram, went on to unlock the mystery of the Red Sun, a Sha'Har ship designed to wipe out the human race.

I bought Colony Wars: Red Sun and was playing it like mad when I joined SB.com in early 2000, thus I used the name in honour of this class game. It stuck ever since as my major online alias (seond to Zakalwe and Skaffen-Amtiskaw from the Culture).

My custom title is part of a theory made by Banks in the Culture novel Excession.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Vald, with all honesty, I think you have one of the best titles here. :)

"Outside Context Problem" just has a fantastic ring to it.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"