SDN SN

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Embracer Of Darkness
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by Embracer Of Darkness »

Well it actually means something spiritually, but that's a long-ass story, ask me later.

It's usually regarded as some cliché "goth" thing, pft. Whatever people want to think. :)
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Darth Yoshi. There's nothing like a Sith Lord who's also an adorable dinosaur.

As for my title, according to the Metroid Fusion manual the word "metroid" is a Chozo term which translates roughly as "ultimate warrior." I think it sounds pretty cool. Plus, I like metroids, especially hunter metroids. They've got tentacles.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

When I was a high school freshman and just discovering the wide wonders of the Internet, I signed up for some damn thing and accidentally misspelled Uranium, and didn't feel like correcting it in future usernames.

So since 2000 I've always been Uraniun235. (and on rare circumstance, Uraniun233)
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Darth Yoshi wrote:Darth Yoshi. There's nothing like a Sith Lord who's also an adorable dinosaur.
And according to vore fanatics, the sexiest computer game character ever!
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

InnerBrat wrote:
Darth Yoshi wrote:Darth Yoshi. There's nothing like a Sith Lord who's also an adorable dinosaur.
And according to vore fanatics, the sexiest computer game character ever!
I did not need to know that.

*readies Giant Mallet of Much Smiting +1 +2 +3*
Image Image
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

Sharp is my surname, and its what all my friends call me, -kun is a Japanese honorific ^_^
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Me and my friends were sitting around one day in health class not paying attention to the pregnant teacher. One of my friends says he wants a good screen name. I just start coming up with random adjective + noun combonations. Only ones that stuck were Anarchist Bunny, which I immediatly claimed for myself(and have kept ever since, and almost completely original on the net until I find some fucker at SA.com forums has Anarchic Bunny and I can't help but think rip of) and Masturbatory Turtle which I think another one of my friends eventually chose as their band name.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Soontir - Best Pilot using that death trap of a fighter the TIE L/N
C'boath - Crazy uber Jedi

Thus the combination is very interesting. :D
Edit: I misspelled his name though, switch the "ao" to "oa" but it will stay like that forever and everywhere I go.

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

I have precious little creativity as it is without wasting any of it on some Internet screen name! :P

The "J." is actually my middle initial, because I'm a paranoid coward.
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Gandalf was just really cool. It was either that or Saruman.

My CT was for the fact he was much cooler when he went white.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

I had made a comment about jesus being a bastard on another board and one of the local fundies accused me of "not taking the christian faith siriously enough and not showing the proper respect for our saviour..." (the typo was his). I decided to register here the following day and while I was filling the registration form I came to the part where it ask for a user name, for some reason while contemplating on my choice I came to think of that incident and decided to use the name Sirius. I then wen't to create the freemail address I would use to register here, only to find that the name Sirius was already spoken for at my regular freemail provider and decided to add Sir infront of Sirius, thus forming Sir Sirius, which was still free.
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

It's a book written by one of the Monty Python guys about a Douglas Addams computer puzzle game based in the Hitchhiker's Guide universe. The Starship Titanic, according to "Hitchhiker's...," is one of the three ships of the universe driven by a truely unique powersource. The Starship Titanic uses a black hole, the Heart of Gold has the Infinite Improbability Drive, and the Bistromath uses cheap Italian bistro reciept mathematics. Unfortunately for the Titanic, it suffers a "Catastrophic Existance Failure" and disappers the day of its launch.

"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Laird
Friendly Neighbourhood Asshole

Post by Laird »

I chose this user name because it is my name.
"LairdCorp, where total dominion is our number one goal!"-LairdCorp's Motto
Dorsk 81
Sith Devotee

Post by Dorsk 81 »

Mine comes from an EU character who appeared and died in the Jedi Acadmey tril. Not very impresive. It would have been something better but at the time of signing up I thought it best to have a SW name on a SW site.
My msn name is better "Cherry Flavoured Sarcasm (brought to you by the makers of Apple Flavoured Irony)" no reason to it, I just thought of it one day.
"I would, for instance, fellate a smurf before I pick death." Dylan Moran
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
EBC's Devonian Deviant | GALE's Supplementary Bi Brit | BoTM's Raw Recruit | GDC's Horny Delphinidae | I'm with RMA | CoIB
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Thirdfain was my old WarcraftIII screename. I like it, cause it sounds sort of weird....

It comes from Babylon 5. Lennier belonged to a religious group called the Third Fain of Chudomo.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Beowulf is a character from a bunch Larry Niven stories, and the title is because I'm a Pratchett fan.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
lance
Jedi Master

Post by lance »

It is my name.
PrinceofLowLight
Jedi Knight

Post by PrinceofLowLight »

A few years back I needed to make an AIM SN, and I had always admired Phil, The Prince of Insufficient Light from Dilbert. That didn't fit. Low Light did, however, and it's the name for my online persona ever since, occiasionally becoming Lord rather than Prince on places that only allow 14 character names. Well, the secret's out...
"Remember, being materialistic means never having to acknowledge your feelings"-Brent Sienna, PVP

"In the unlikely event of losing Pascal's Wager, I intend to saunter in to Judgement Day with a bookshelf full of grievances, a flaming sword of my own devising, and a serious attitude problem."- Rick Moen

SD.net Rangers: Chicks Dig It
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

PrinceofLowLight wrote:A few years back I needed to make an AIM SN, and I had always admired Phil, The Prince of Insufficient Light from Dilbert. That didn't fit. Low Light did, however, and it's the name for my online persona ever since, occiasionally becoming Lord rather than Prince on places that only allow 14 character names. Well, the secret's out...
Should you get a custom title, may I suggest:
15 watts and dropping :D
PrinceofLowLight
Jedi Knight

Post by PrinceofLowLight »

SyntaxVorlon wrote:
PrinceofLowLight wrote:A few years back I needed to make an AIM SN, and I had always admired Phil, The Prince of Insufficient Light from Dilbert. That didn't fit. Low Light did, however, and it's the name for my online persona ever since, occiasionally becoming Lord rather than Prince on places that only allow 14 character names. Well, the secret's out...
Should you get a custom title, may I suggest:
15 watts and dropping :D
Unless Babylon 5 has lied to me (which is impossible), by the time I've accumulated enough posts to warrant a custom title, we'll all exist as pure energy and not need webboards to communicate random thoughts.
"Remember, being materialistic means never having to acknowledge your feelings"-Brent Sienna, PVP

"In the unlikely event of losing Pascal's Wager, I intend to saunter in to Judgement Day with a bookshelf full of grievances, a flaming sword of my own devising, and a serious attitude problem."- Rick Moen

SD.net Rangers: Chicks Dig It
Bug-Eyed Earl
Jedi Master

Post by Bug-Eyed Earl »

phongn wrote:My name is "Phong Nguyen," I'm sure you can figure out the rest.
I heard somewhere that Nguyen is the Vietnamese equivalent of Smith (in terms of how common it is). Is that about right?

Anyway, Bug-Eyed Earl is the name of a character in a comic strip called "red Meat."

www.redmeat.com
BotM Cybertronian
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

My screen name is the short version of my full name 'Stuart James Mackey'
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Whilst pondering the expanses of screen names for one Star Wars Galaxies forum of my origin, I asked myself, "What thing would you not expect to be a Sith Lord?" After many instances of thought I came to the conclusion that a garden gnome would be seen as most peculiar donning the menacing black amror of Darth Vader. Logically "Darth Garden Gnome" is what follows.

The custom title is an obvious extension of my screen name. As is the cult. But I won't go into that. :wink:
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

anarchistbunny wrote:Me and my friends were sitting around one day in health class not paying attention to the pregnant teacher. One of my friends says he wants a good screen name. I just start coming up with random adjective + noun combonations. Only ones that stuck were Anarchist Bunny, which I immediatly claimed for myself(and have kept ever since, and almost completely original on the net until I find some fucker at SA.com forums has Anarchic Bunny and I can't help but think rip of) and Masturbatory Turtle which I think another one of my friends eventually chose as their band name.
How about telling the origin of your first custom title as well...? :twisted:
Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Whilst pondering the expanses of screen names for one Star Wars Galaxies forum of my origin, I asked myself, "What thing would you not expect to be a Sith Lord?" After many instances of thought I came to the conclusion that a garden gnome would be seen as most peculiar donning the menacing black amror of Darth Vader. Logically "Darth Garden Gnome" is what follows.

The custom title is an obvious extension of my screen name. As is the cult. But I won't go into that. :wink:
DINK DINK! HAIL GNOMAGE!

Or are you referring to the other cult? The one we only speak about in hushed tones and with paranoid glances?

Anyway, on to my name and title.

I originally had Ice, because I thought it was cool. So I used that as my online persona before I came here. And I was a fairly icey bastard too. So, I used that name, posted once (something about the Articles of Confederation, and I was NEVER poked! :P ), then vanished.

Then I returned. I tried to log on to Ice, and it didn't work. So I figured it was deleted, so went to re-register it. It said it was taken. Frustrated, I had to come up with something else. I figured adding Rogue to my name sounded cooler, so I added it. And, now I have rediscovered how to log in to my Ice name, so now I have two names, and two origins! :)

That, and it fits well for the story I'm about to go remake in a certain usergroup I'm in. Hopefully Rob will alter the story for me. :)

As for my title(s)... Well, Ice had Yoda's Bitch for awhile, mostly because that was the title I suggested for the Admin Son of the Suns, and it came back to me. I thought it was pretty cool myself, but now it's gone.

This title should be fairly obvious to those who have been around long enough. I didn't even have to ask for it! :wink:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Well... when SirNitram moved in with me, he introduced me to SDnet... mainly by me looking over his shoulder whenever he started laughing hard.

So... since Nitram and I had meet through an online RPG, I chose a shortened form of my character's name. Since Nitram is 'Sir', I decided I should be 'Lady'; also I didn't like the correct feminine equivilant 'Dame'. :mrgreen:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet