Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Captain_Cyran wrote:Heh, nice with the pain rod... reminisent of Luke's bone thing with the Rancor... only more vicious. You really need to stop following the movies so well Stravo, I'm beginning to worry that I know what is gonna happen. I don't want that to happen.

EDIT: Ok, that's wierd. I have top post for the last 4 pages...
Don't you worry, some of the things that I do are intentionally designed to be an homage to the films because since it never happened in the Starcrossed universe I feel like fate wants it to happen in some way, some mirror image action like the ones that were supposed to happen and never could.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Humm, a mentat eh?

*goes and looks for any descriptions of her having excessively red lips*
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

NecronLord wrote:Humm, a mentat eh?

*goes and looks for any descriptions of her having excessively red lips*
Don't bother, it was just an Easter Egg for those paying attention. Glad you got it.

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Stravo wrote: Don't bother, it was just an Easter Egg for those paying attention. Glad you got it.
It is by the initial warning that I set my mind in motion, it is by the word Butlerian that my thoughts acquire speed... :)
Last edited by NecronLord on 2003-12-15 06:58pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ahh got the hidden joke, a reference to Anastasia fear of machines, and a certian Jihad aginst the evil thinking machines!

Stravo you maniac! Bringing Dune in :P

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Her people were afraid of machines, something about some revolt of AI’s that nearly destroyed them long ago, Butlerian something or other but that’s not important.”
Does this meen that Anastasia is a mentat? a Dune Mentat? wow

Oups ... didn't read the previous posts ... my mistake
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

"Please forgive the length of this chapter"... you kidding right? The longer the better! :P

Well the Dune thing was pretty obvious... except I guess I didn't get her character quite right :oops: She doesn't act much like a mentat though
Busily picking nuggets out of my well-greased ass.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

She probably hasn't had Safo juice or whatever it's called in quite a while.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

Harry Mudd?
I love that character, he is so good in my opinion. Good thing that you brought him in the story, but how did he ended up here in the present time?
I guess his story will be revealed in the coming chapters.
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Dark Primus wrote:Harry Mudd?
I love that character, he is so good in my opinion. Good thing that you brought him in the story, but how did he ended up here in the present time?
I've already planeted a hint as to why he's there in this chapter when Darkstar interrogated him. Take a quick look and you'll go "Ahhhh....sneaky."

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Stravo wrote:
Dark Primus wrote:Harry Mudd?
I've already planeted a hint as to why he's there in this chapter when Darkstar interrogated him. Take a quick look and you'll go "Ahhhh....sneaky."
He's the maker of that stuff that makes a person stay young. And he has some for himself as well.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:Harry Mudd? I see Gary Mitchell is bringing out the big guns against Kirk. :)
I admit I have not seen the episodes frot Star trek with Harry Mudd (just read their description on the oficial site) and those did't give me clues about why this guy will be a danger for Kirk, except for his knowledge ... or are those Dee and Dum two androids from the planet where he was banished?
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Comosicus wrote:
Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:Harry Mudd? I see Gary Mitchell is bringing out the big guns against Kirk. :)
I admit I have not seen the episodes frot Star trek with Harry Mudd (just read their description on the oficial site) and those did't give me clues about why this guy will be a danger for Kirk, except for his knowledge ... or are those Dee and Dum two androids from the planet where he was banished?
I think GAT was being sarcastic. Harry is only a threat to himself but he tends to drag Kirk into the trouble he makes for himself. Mudd remains one of my all time favorite characters and I'm glad I was able to include him here.

Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Damn it, I hate not having another chapter ready for me to read should I wish too.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Alright, Harry Mudd, he is always good for a laugh.

Wonder who Darkstar's parents are.

The next chapter is gonna be grand, I can feel it
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Stravo wrote:
Comosicus wrote:
I think GAT was being sarcastic. Harry is only a threat to himself but he tends to drag Kirk into the trouble he makes for himself. Mudd remains one of my all time favorite characters and I'm glad I was able to include him here.
Like it wasn't enough a character that drags other into the trouble he makes *looks at a picture of C3PO* :mrgreen: That can only make things going funnier. Keep it this way Stravo ... (I just hate I won't be able to acces the internet during the holidays)
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Well, Harcourt Fenton Mudd has returned. Heh. This'll be funny.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Rightous Fist Of Heaven
Jedi Master

Post by Rightous Fist Of Heaven »

Excellent chapter. Luke doesnt need the force to kick ass :mrgreen: Oh boy im waiting for the time when Luke gets the force back and hopefully his lightsaber also and cuts Darkstar to little pieces, slowly :twisted:
"The ones they built at the height of nuclear weapons could knock the earth out of its orbit" - Physics expert Envy in reference to the hydrogen bombs built during the cold war.
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

Rightous Fist Of Heaven wrote:Excellent chapter. Luke doesnt need the force to kick ass :mrgreen: Oh boy im waiting for the time when Luke gets the force back and hopefully his lightsaber also and cuts Darkstar to little pieces, slowly :twisted:
Let's just hope that there's enough of the dark side left in him for that to happen, hey? ;)
Busily picking nuggets out of my well-greased ass.
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Once again I apologize for the length but there's so much that needed to be said and done. But I think that when you get to the end you will be happy with the setup.

Chapter 67: A Fool’s Hope

“You’re responsible for the Medusaled Draught? You?! Since when are you a genius, Mudd?” Kirk snapped in disbelief.

Harry Mudd looked hurt.

“Captain, I can’t help but be wounded by your words. It’s not like I’m some idiot.” Harry exclaimed and frowned sadly.

“You’re right Harry, you’re not an idiot.” Kirk conceded. Harry smiled. “Buffoon maybe but you’re not idiot.” Kirk added sardonically.

“Laugh all you want.” Harry sputtered. “But I don’t see you coming up with any brilliant plans to get out of here. I’ll have you know that Lord Darkstar has never had a prisoner escape from his dungeons.”

Kirk frowned and glanced around the small cell. The walls were stone, probably carved right out of the foundation of the palace. Small rivulets of water ran down the sides of the wall behind them. The manacled prisoners were forced to stand up straight for if they leaned against the wall, the ice cold water would run down their backs.

Kirk was sure that was a deliberate design choice in this place.

The manacles were tightly closed around their wrists and their arms were fully extended over their heads. Chewbacca was wrapped in chains and placed in a cage at the foot of the stairs. He was still slumbering fitfully from the tranquilizer darts.

“I suspect they were on to us from the start. Any luck at all Spock before they caught you?” Kirk asked.

Spock nodded.

“We were able to penetrate the lower levels of the palace before we were found. My tricorder picked up a clear quantum signature that indicated hypermatter technology in the vicinity.”

“That wasn’t all we stumbled across.” McCoy added darkly.

“What is it Bones?” Kirk asked.

“We found what looked like a Dominion cloning center.”

“What?”

“The Doctor is correct. My initial scans indicated a large number of gestating clones within the vats beneath the palace. I estimate 10,000 clones in various states of development.”

“What would Darkstar want with Dominion clones?” Kirk muttered.

“10,000 Jem’Hadar would be a devastating army for a crime lord to field out here. He could take over all the other Syndicates in a relatively short period of time.” Sulu noted.

Kirk nodded slowly as he began to understand what the mad crime lord intended.

“He wants to set himself up as some sort of god out here. Doubtless Luke was going to be his coup de grace, a general to lead his Jem’Hadar army.”

“The fact that he has Nemesis doing battle in the arena would seem to indicate that Darkstar has changed his mind.” Spock noted.

Kirk nodded.

“He was expecting Darth Nemesis and instead he got Luke.”

“Look, I’m not sure what you’re talking about here Captain but we’re going to be tortured and most likely killed.” Harry interrupted.

Kirk looked over at Harry.

“We’re working on an escape plan.” He stated.

“We are?” McCoy asked sardonically.

“Yes we are. He hasn’t gotten all of us yet. Leia and Tom are still out there and free.”

McCoy nodded. “That’s right. I forgot, a nearly naked woman and a guy stuck on a tramp freighter. I feel so much better.” McCoy rolled his eyes.

“Doctor your attitude is not helpful.” Spock interjected.

McCoy looked at Spock then up at the manacles on his wrists and back at Spock.

“My attitude is not going to do anything about these manacles or this dungeon.” He snorted.

“Bones, have a little faith. Leia’s been under the gun before, I suspect far more than many of us have.”

“Hmmm…I suppose your companion will be able to get through Darkstar’s personal guard, automated defenses and Dee and Dum?” Harry asked.

Kirk smiled.

“You gotta have faith, Harry. Now tell me everything you know about Darkstar and his operation here.”

The team of goons grunted sourly as the sensor technician shook his head emphatically. The goons were sporting a variety of weapons from disruptors to Cardasian plasma rifles. None of them were set for stun.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m telling you, we’ve run the whole gamut of the electromagnetic spectrum plus the usual subspace bands and there’s nothing here. If anyone was on this ship he’s long gone.”

The leader of the goons muttered something unintelligible under his breath.

“Fine. Clear out. Seal the ship and prepare to transport it into the main hold down below.”

“Is that wise?” the sensor chief asked as his men began gathering their tricorders and various sensor devices.

“Lord Darkstar wants this ship in his collection as soon as possible. It’s a genuine ship from the other galaxy and he is excited.”

“Lord knows when that man gets excited…” one of the goons added voice trailing off with a chagrined shake of his head.

“Besides, you certified that there’s nothing here.” the leader of the goons noted with a critical eye.

“Yes, yes, I did.” the sensor chief replied fighting a stammer.

“So you attest to the fact that this vessel is harmless and our quarry not here?” the leader pressed.

“Yes, what do you take me for? I don’t tell you how to do your job.” he snapped.

“Fine, so let’s get out of here and boys, we have some more hunting to do.”

The group quickly filed out of the Millennium Falcon. The hatch and ramp hissed shut. There was silence for a long while in the tramp freighter then a metal panel on the floor of the main gangway slowly shifted and slid aside.

Tom Paris cautiously lifted himself from within the small compartment. He held a phaser in one hand as he quickly scanned the area around him.

“When Chewbacca told me about these things I never thought I’d be smuggling myself in them.” Tom muttered as he got to his feet and gently slid the plate back into place. Chewbacca showed him and Sulu the smuggling compartments when they wondered how they would get weapons past Darkstar’s security service.

Now the secret hold was packed with phasers, blasters and the like and the rest of his team was captured. Not exactly according to plan was it?

Tom crept up to the bridge as the Falcon shuddered for a moment. He peered out of the cockpit and watched as the Falcon gently lifted off the ground in the grip of a tractor beam and began to glide over the assembled smaller ships in the hangar bay. The pale green tractor field was guiding the ship past the neat rows of ships deeper into the hangar area.

He checked his position on one of the passive readout screens. The Falcon was definitely moving deeper into the complex.

“Tell me you Orion scumbag. Ever hear of the Trojan Horse?” Tom asked with a cold smile as he glanced back at the transporter Scotty had installed in the Falcon months ago.

A green sinuous shadow slowly slid along the shadows beneath a series of catwalks cris-crossing the strange complex that hummed with a nearly organic quality. An alien white metallic framework framed the series of tanks that lined the cavernous lower level in neat rows.

Leia paused as a thug strode past toting a wicked looking Cardasian plasma rifle.

She was here alone without backup. Kirk and the others had been captured and she knew that at this moment, they’re only hope was her finding a way to get them out of the dungeons. She fervently wished she had a clue where to begin.

She slipped past another patrol and found what she was looking for. A computer terminal in a relatively secluded spot of the complex. She quickly scanned the area then turned her attention to the terminal. She quickly began typing in a series of codes and the terminal happily divulged information to her.

The chambers around her were Dominion cloning vats. Currently 10,175 clones were gestating, over 90% were at a viable birthing stage.

She shook her head. What was this man doing with Dominion cloning vats and what could he hope to accomplish with these troops? She typed more and noted with some amusement the atrocious security protocols in place. Whoever designed these computer interfaces was not very experienced with slicers as she knew them from back home.

She glanced backwards as she heard a sound and quickly melted back into the shadows. Another thug strode by, peering into the alcove and walking on. She thought for a moment.

Darkstar was looking for her, his troops were expecting trouble and undoubtedly also keeping a close eye on their captives. She needed a distraction, a feint to draw attention and occupy Darkstar’s security until she could help free the others. But where could she find such a distraction?

Leia shook her head and muttered to herself darkly. She was all but naked with a holdout blaster as her only weapon. What could possibly distract the entire complex?

Her eyes drifted over to the control panel and then snapped up to the vats around her. A soft smile slowly crossed her emerald lips.

“I’m so sorry.” Anastasia whispered as she dressed Luke’s shoulder wound. Artoo was by Luke’s side whistling softly.

“There’s nothing for you to be sorry about.” Luke replied quietly as he stared off into space, trying to ground himself and fight past the fog that kept encroaching on his concentration. He was simultaneously fighting the growing frustration and its hand maiden anger. He would never walk that path again. He would die first.

“Yes there is.” she stated sternly and gripped his chin turning his face to look into her eyes. “I knew what I was doing Luke. I knew what he would do once he knew that you had feelings for me. He is very adept at that and discovered that I am very good at having men care for me.”

Luke searched her eyes for a moment.

“He told me about you. He said you are not here because of your beauty or grace. You are here because of your mind.”

She looked down at the floor for a moment.

“It is something you should be proud of.”

“It should be indeed, but I’m not any longer. My people distrust machines and computers and so an elite corps was trained to be human computers. My memories of events and calculations span my entire world’s civilization before Darkstar stole me away to be here.”

“And you miss your world don’t you?”

“Of course I do Luke, but I’ve run the calculations, I’ve examined the odds and studied the simulations. I am never going back home Luke.”

Luke watched her for a moment as Artoo lent weight to her observation with a low mournful whistle. He touched the dressing on his shoulder.

“That’s a good field dressing.” he noted. She smiled weakly.

“I don’t have much experiences but I do have my people’s collected medical works up here.” she tapped the side of her head.

“Let me ask you something Anastasia.” Luke began as he slowly rose and gingerly tested his arm, rotating the shoulder. She looked at him expectantly. “In all your analysis and scenarios did my appearance ever come into play?”

She blinked.

“Uh, no.”

Luke nodded.

“Then you should consider what that might mean for you.”

She squared up her shoulders and stared at Luke for a moment.

“I know what you want me to do but if I do that I might as well kill myself because Darkstar will never forgive me and maybe worse, he may decide to draw out my punishment and I’ve seen with my own eyes what he does to people who have displeased him. You’re asking me to risk death and worse for you.”

“No.” Luke shook his head emphatically. “Not for me, for you.”

“I don’t really have the patience for this Luke. It’s my job to manipulate you and get you to do what I want not the other way around. I assure you I am painfully aware that you will say anything at this point to get out of your situation.” she replied frostily.

Artoo squawked something unflattering.

Luke returned her gaze steadily.

“Anastasia, you’re right that I want to get out of here but I would not say it if I didn’t mean it. You haven’t seen me in action. Once free I will bring this entire palace down around his ears and free you finally.”

“I have seen you in action Luke. You slaughtered those Klingons without mercy, but Dee and Dum, they’re something different.”

Luke nodded.

“You saw Darth Nemesis in action, you haven’t seen me yet.” he replied evenly.

“There’s a difference?” she asked hesitantly. His voice had sounded so certain, so sure. He had no doubts about what he was going to do once freed.

“Oh yes.” Luke said emphatically. “Where Nemesis reveled in his anger and frustration, where he wielded the Dark side like some blunt club and battered his opposition relentlessly, I will act in the name of justice and my ally is not the fickle darkside, but the Force as it should be. And I assure you Anastasia, a powerful ally it is.” he said slowly.

She frowned and watched him for a moment. There was no doubt in his eyes. Yet her own heart was a tempest of doubts and fears. She feared the pain that would be brought to bear, the scars on her body and mind as Darkstar did as he was wont to do with those he considered enemies.

The possibilities that unfurled in her mind made her shudder and she stepped away.

“I have to go.”

“I understand, Anastasia. You are afraid.” Luke said as she walked to the door. Luke remained seated, Artoo by his side. She reached the door and it snapped open. “You have to ask yourself, and run this equation through your head. Which is better? To live in fear for the rest of your very long life or to have a very good chance at being free from this forever.” Luke locked eyes with her. “Either way, I’ll make sure you get to go home.”

“I don’t doubt that you would do as you say, Luke. But you haven’t lived here as I have, you haven’t seen the things I have. There is no hope here.” she said softly.

“I was told once that I could bring hope, let me do so here.” Luke asked gently.

Anastasia opened her mouth to speak but thought better of it. Dee suddenly appeared in the doorway with her.

“Well, luv, what will it be? In or out?” he asked and winked at Luke.

“W…what?” she stammered.

“The doorway. In or out.” Dee responded sardonically.

“Of course.” she muttered and stepped out of the doorway. Dee watched her leave and openly leered at her.

“What do you want?” Luke asked sharply.

Dee’s head slowly swiveled and regarded Luke with utter contempt.

“The guvner wants you and what he wants he gets.”

“Haven’t I entertained enough for one evening?” Luke asked coldly.

Dee leaned on the doorway and crossed his arms.

“Your problem Nemesis is that you got used to being in command and in control. Now you’re not emotionally equipped to deal with this turn of events. You could have done so well if you just held onto that part of you that made you dangerous.”

“It was as dangerous to me as to everyone else.”

Dee shrugged.

“I’m not a good judge of character but I’d say this. The master has no patience, especially for failure and you my friend are most definitely a failure.”

“I’m glad I don’t live up to your ideals of success.”

“I suppose you think you’re getting out of this meeting alive?” Dee asked darkly and sneered.

“You will find Dee that it is you that are mistaken about a great many things.” Luke replied and rose from his seated position. Artoo beeped cheerfully and fell in line beside Luke.

Dee didn’t say anything as the young man strode past him without fear or concern. All would proceed as the Force required it to and if this day would be the day he would need to atone for his crimes as Lord Darth Nemesis so be it, but if this were the day he would be Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight then there would be a reckoning.

The doors to the main audience chamber slid open quietly and a woman strode into the chamber. She wore a long black cloak that trailed behind her like billowing wings. She moved with a calm cold precision, eyes tracking the various figures in the main chamber. Her eyes slowly settled on the man draped across his throne.

She stopped as two guards blocked her path and crossed pikes.

“That will be close enough my dear.” Darkstar said as he eyed the newcomer.

“I was told you were the man to see and do business with.” she said coldly.

“Indeed I am.” Darkstar extended his hand absently as Anastasia walked onto the dais behind his throne. She weakly took his offered hand and sat by his side.

“Well I have your merchandise.”

“So you say, but how can I be sure it is authentic? I may be a collector but it is a collector of true treasures. I’m not some provincial who has collections to show off.” Darkstar replied lazily.

“It’s authentic.” She replied and whipped back her robe to reveal a stormtrooper helmet.

Darkstar raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

“That could have been replicated my dear. I have no way of knowing otherwise unless we make a detailed analysis.”

“I though you might say that so I brought along my corroborating evidence.” she replied and a boom echoed from beyond the main audience chamber. Many of the assembled guard immediately rushed towards the sound while the seasoned guard under Dum’s command inched closer to Darkstar in case it was a distraction.

She noticed all of this with a calm expression on her face. The guards that were running away would not be a problem. Typical conscript material, many were working as guards because they probably had nothing better to do and the pay was probably good. The goons closest to Darkstar and their leader would be dangerous. They weren’t in this for the money. There were real bonds of loyalty there willing to do what was necessary to protect him so they would be trouble.

But this so called palace and court were no different than the dens of rot and corruption she waded through back home, instead of a Hutt she was facing it was an Orion with a propensity for self importance.

“My lord!” one of the guards from outside ran into the audience chamber. “There’s a shuttle out there. It looks Imperial to me.” he announced out of breath. Darkstar sat up and leaned forward slightly. Her smile broadened. Got your attention now don’t I?

“I must say you are a surprise aren’t you my dear? How is it that you came by these goods?”

“I’m fairly certain that’s not a question you ask all your prospective dealers otherwise your collection would be fairly poor.”

Darkstar laughed and clapped his hands.

“You are a sharp one aren’t you?” he exclaimed. Dum received a report whispered fervently into his ear from one of the guards which he relayed to Darkstar. The shuttle’s origins had been verified, it was most definitely an Imperial shuttle. He smiled as he rose and regarded the woman with a hooded expression.

“Here you come to my palace, replete with Imperial equipment ready to deal with me and I have never heard of you. I have had many visitors of late with Imperial technology.” Darkstar snapped his fingers and Threepio hesitantly stepped out from behind the heavy silk curtains behind the dais. She did not react. Her training had been very clear on one point, never let them know what you were thinking.

“Tell me droid, do you know this woman?” he asked slyly.

Her hands did not move but the butt of the blaster hidden inside the stormtrooper helmet was now snuggly in her hand.

Threepio peered closer at her. She did her best to look nonchalant, wishing that the shadows of her hood would do their best to hide her face.

“Why…oh my! Unless I’m mistaken that is the Dark Lady herself!” Threepio exclaimed as he backed up suddenly then stopped short. “Oh my was I supposed to say that?” he asked sheepishly out loud.

“You’ve done well droid.” Darkstar laughed and slapped Threepio on the shoulder. It knocked the protocol droid out of the Orion’s way as he strode to the end of his dais.

“The Dark lady herself. Did you think I wouldn’t know you my dear? I have been stalking Lord Nemesis since his Klingon Campaign and I would not know the face of the woman who we all knew he would call queen or maybe even Empress.” he said coolly.

“Too bad for you I’m a good marksmen.” Mara snapped and the helmet fell away as she raised her blaster and without hesitation lined up the barrel with his head and squeezed the trigger. It was her experience as an assassin that once you chopped the head off organizations like this tended to vaporize within moments.

She was not rewarded with a sharp loud report and Darkstar’s scream. Instead there was a sickly warble from the weapon. She immediately squeezed off another round only to have the same results.

She checked the weapon as she began to draw her holdout blaster.

Dum was on her like a panther and drove the pain pike to her throat. She let the blaster drop from her hand, registered full on the charge so what the hell happened there, and blocked the pike with one hand while sweeping her left foot in and hooking the thug’s ankle.

She delivered a crushing elbow to his chin and jerked her foot hard right.

Dum did not go crashing down stunned as she expected.

Instead he grunted, turned his head to recover from the blow and his feet remained firmly planted on the ground. He whipped the pain pike back around and hooked her legs sending her falling backwards and as she landed with a thud on her back, the pike sliced upwards faster than any human could or should and the bladed end of the pike was at her throat.

She stared up at him.

How in the name of the Emperor could he move so fast and his strength? Was he some force user she was unaware of?

“It’ll take more than the likes of you to take me madamsoile.” Dum hissed.

“This is too rich.” Darkstar chuckled deeply. “You’ll find my security measures are quite effective my dear. Now to the matter at hand. This could prove to be a most interesting development.” his eyes slowly drifted towards the newcomers that strode out of the side turbolift.

Luke was led by a pair of guards and Dee right behind him, pike at his back. Luke stopped short as he saw Mara on the floor. She looked into his eyes and there was surprise. His eyes. There was a light there, a gentleness that she had only seen once before.

“What is this?” Luke asked.

“So, my dear Luke, there are some aspects of your old life that you do remember eh?” Darkstar noted with a smirk.

“I have no idea who she is.”

“You’re as bad a liar as I am honest my good Luke. She was to be your empress, the dark lady. I am shocked at the loyalty displayed here, not only by your friends and I assume lovers but by your enemies as well.” He turned his head to Dum. “Have Kirk and his friends brought here.”

“Yes my lord.” Dum replied and brought the pike away from Mara’s throat as a half dozen guards trained disruptors on her. Dum strode away and as he entered the turbolift Darkstar called after him.

“And find me that Orion animal woman and Kirk’s pilot. Don’t think I’ve forgotten about them.”

“Of course my lord.” Dum bowed his head as the doors to the turbolift shut.

Darkstar turned his attention back to Luke.

“Bind him.”

Dee roughly grabbed Luke’s arms and pulled them back behind him. He felt the manacles lock tightly around his wrists.

“That’s a little tight.” Luke noted as he rotated his wrists in the hopes of gaining some circulation.

“Don’t worry mate, there won’t be much more pain in your future.” Dee replied in his ear before shoving him forward. “Here, let me make a small adjustment.” Dee added as he touched a control on the collar. Luke grunted as he felt a low throbbing in the back of his head and suddenly all his thoughts were in chaos. “We wouldn’t want you pulling nay sudden heroics.”

“You remember the Venus drug when we first met don’t you?” Harry noted.

“That’s what makes the Medusaled Drought?” Kirk asked.

“Yes, mixed with certain other chemicals that I stumbled across on that planet of androids you stranded me on-” Kirk opened his mouth to clarify the statement but Mudd continued on. “I found the Draught. Well Darkstar’s people managed to spring me from there.”

“I’m sure it wasn’t out of the kindness of his heart.” McCoy muttered.

“No, actually I had to trade the majority of the Draught for my freedom. A rather unfair exchange if you ask me captain.”

“Harry, has it ever occurred to you that maybe all these bad breaks and unfair deals are caused by your own greed?” Kirk wondered aloud.

Harry looked pensive for a moment and looked back up at Kirk.

“Actually no Captain I never gave that much thought about that. I think life is simply unfair.” Harry concluded. McCoy rolled his eyes.

“What about it Bones, are you ready?” Kirk asked McCoy.

“If my hands are bound like this I doubt I’ll be able to get at my implant.” McCoy noted wanly.

“If you were determined enough you would find a way.” Worf interjected gruffly.

“Would you mind telling me my ridge headed friend how I’m going to reach my implant with my hands up here.” McCoy demanded and rattled the manacles around his wrists to emphasize his point, hands thrust upwards over his head.

Worf frowned.

“You would find a way if you had to.” he added.

McCoy grimaced at the stern Klingon.

The doors to the dungeon suddenly snapped open and Dum led a small contingent of guards down the winding stone steps. They trained their weapons on the prisoners.

“This is no way ta go.” Scotty muttered darkly.

“You’re coming with us. Lord Darkstar would like to see you one last time before you are consigned to your deaths.” Dum announced. He nodded to Chewbacca who was growling menacingly from his cage. “See that he gets beamed directly to the audience chamber, I’m not risking letting that walking carpet loose.”

“Yes boss.”

“I’m a little busy at the moment, catching up with an old acquaintance. Tell Darkstar I can fit him in a little later.” Kirk replied sardonically.

“You smart ass. This is not a request.” Dum snapped and the guards quickly undid their manacles and bound their hands forward. McCoy and Kirk exchanged a knowing glance.

“I’m almost afraid to ask, does this summons include me?” Harry asked weakly. Dum smiled cruelly.

“Oh yes, fat one. He has something special in mind for you.” Dum promised and nodded to the guards who quickly took Harry down. Chewbacca vanished in a column of light.

“Now, James Kirk, it’s time to see how a legend goes out.” Dum sneered as he finished checking everyone’s manacles and led the group out of the dungeon.

“This is such a pleasure and a joy.” Darkstar exclaimed happily. The assembled prisoners stood before him manacled and bound. Mara stood by Luke who was standing at the front of the group. Kirk and his company stood neatly behind Luke. “I have here a collection of the finest heroes and villains in the war raging around our galaxy. Darth Nemesis held such promise for me, oh the army I had for you my dear and his dark lady who out of love has come here to rescue her lord.” Mara said nothing, merely continued staring at Darkstar as if her gaze could kill. What was the matter with Nemesis? Why was he not mowing through these fools like an engine of destruction?

“And James Tiberius Kirk. I suspect you’re here not so much for our good friend Luke here but for my hypermatter technology. Everyone knows your fleet is on the brink of losing it all and that you’ll do anything to bridge the technology gap and I intend to make you Federation pay dearly for it.”

“How?” Kirk asked.

“I will sell them what I have but it will cost them entire planets my dear friend, territorial concessions and the like and they will recognize my sovereignty over the new Orion hegemony.”

“The Jem’Hadar troops you have, you intend to forge your own little empire out here.” Kirk replied bitterly.

“So, you know about them. Good. But when I make them pay it will come with sad news that will seal the deal between us, you see I will tell them how you came to me to bargain for the technology when our good friend Nemesis here and his dark lady show up to recover their stolen technology. There was a struggle as there always is and the great James Tiberius Kirk lay dead but with a final blow he delivers a killing stroke that slays the evil Sith lord.”

“You really think the Federation will buy that?” Mara sneered.

“Oh my dear, you Imperials have always underestimated the gullibility of the Federation and more importantly how heroic it sounds. They are so desperate for a hero that they handed their entire future into the hands of a man from their past.” Darkstar replied and made a sweeping gesture with his arm towards Kirk. “Imagine their faces when I tell them how he valiantly did battle with Nemesis, the chief villain of this piece, and kills him with his final blow, its so poetic it brings a tear to my eye.”

The assembled group shuffled nervously.

“And when I tell them that his final wish was that his Federation be saved by this technology they will gladly deal with me.” Darkstar finished. “It’s a shame really, that you my dear Luke are not able to fully appreciate my plan as your mind is probably quiet a jumble as we speak no?”

Luke said nothing, eyes closed and grunting as he tried to focus on something, anything but his thoughts vanished into the fog of oblivion and he could barely remember his name.

Darkstar watched the young man’s suffering for a moment and sighed softly.

“Very well, let’s get on with our fun and –”

“Lord Darkstar! If you will please listen to your humble servant!” Harry exclaimed.

“What is it fool?” Darkstar snapped in annoyance.

“I have information that can help me win my release or at the very least my life.”

“Oh?”

“They were talking about an implant in McCoy’s ear back in the dungeon.” Harry sputtered quickly.

“Indeed.” Darkstar replied with a raised eyebrow.

“Harry you snake!” Kirk snapped.

The guards quickly surrounded McCoy and dragged him out of the group throwing him to his knees on the hard marble floor. One of them ran a tricorder over McCoy. The guard looked up quickly.

“There’s some sort of transmitter in his earlobe sir.”

“Ah…no doubt to call your friends. I think we can dispense with the foolish plan don’t you think Dee?”

“My pleasure Guvner.” Dee smiled and casually ripped McCoy’s earlobe off. McCoy screamed as blood oozed between his fingers.

“You monster! There was no need for that!” Kirk shouted.

“There is always a need for pain, Kirk. You taught me that well when you hounded my father and his associates long ago. It was my family that tried to deny the admittance of Coridan long ago that you thwarted.”

“I knew the Syndicates were involved but that was your father?” Kirk breathed in shock.

“Yes and he never recovered from that loss. Do you have any idea how many credits he sank into that operation? The prestige that he lost and the economic hit the syndicates took when we lost that rich revenue stream. It took our Syndicates nearly a generation to recover!” Darkstar boomed. “You managed to do in one mission what many starship captains dreamed of for decades, cripple the Orion Pirates. My father never forgave you for what you did and now I have a chance to avenge his loss and cripple your federation simultaneously. Richly ironic is it not my sweet Captain? If I didn’t know any better I would say this was being written by someone as we speak.” he chuckled.

Anastasia was watching the entire exchange but her mind was on Luke and his final words. As she watched these assembled heroes and villains she wondered if this was life’s way of offering her that one last chance at freedom, the one moment where she could be free and out from under the shadow that had dominated her life for so long.

“Harry Mudd, you have proven useful in the end. Come away from them. Let us see if we can find more uses for you.” Darkstar ordered and guards escorted Harry away from the group unlocking his manacles. Harry glanced sadly down at McCoy and his bloody ear.

“Mudd you gutless P’Tak!!” Worf roared after the rogue.

In an instant a snap decision was made.

Anastasia rushed down the steps of the dais and started crying uncontrollably. Darkstar paused in mid-speech and watched her for a moment. Dee and Dum moved to stop her but Darkstar held up a hand. He was amused by this sudden emotional outburst.

Just as she predicted.

She wrapped her arms around Luke’s neck and sobbed into his neck, silk trailers drifted down her arms.

“I don’t want you to die Luke!” she shouted.

“Oh really, dear, come away from there and stop looking foolish.” Darkstar laughed and snapped his fingers. Dee and Dum each took a hold of her arms and pulled her away.

The thoughts were lost in a tempest. He tried valiantly to forge something coherent, maybe just a word, anything but there was the dull throbbing and the fog that was slowly crystallizing now, threatening to drape his mind in total stasis.

Then there was silence.

His thoughts flowed like water and the throbbing was gone, the fog vanished and most important of all, the Force sung in his mind, alight like a beacon cutting through the shadows. His eyes focused on Anastasia as she was pulled away.

“No more fear Luke.” she whispered.

The collar was off.

“Now that this most unpleasant outburst is over we shall commence—”

An alarm sounded throughout the palace. Red lights flashed ominously and guards were rushing deeper into the complex.

“The clones…” Darkstar muttered in shock.

Luke began to laugh, low at first but louder and more vibrant and powerful.

“Whatever is the matter with him?” Darkstar snapped.

Luke looked at Darkstar and winked.

He leapt upward and executed a perfect standing roll, legs tucked into his midsection as he spun his arms jerked forward over his head and he landed with his bound wrists in front of him. The manacles snapped and clattered to the ground as each arm whipped in the opposite direction crushing the throat of each guard standing to his left and right.

“Now…” Luke began as he force pulled a pain pike out of the hands of the nearest guard to him, it landed obediently in his hands. He activated the pike and it snapped open in a heartbeat, extending on metal segments to its full length.

“Darkstar.” The manacles on each of the prisoners snapped and clattered uselessly to the floor, the door to Chewbacca’s cage suddenly exploded off its hinges and slid along the floor on the opposite end of the audience chamber nearly decapitating several guards as it tumbled end over end.

He swung the pike around with one hand, wrist turning rapidly and the metal pike’s ends nearly sung as it cut through the air in an intricate pattern. It stopped short in a guard position extended out ward with one hand, the other held up above him in a closed fist and the ceiling of the palace began to rumble.

“There will be a reckoning.” he announced coldly as the ceiling began collapsing on the guards.

lukexcom
Padawan Learner
Location: Ah, Northern Virginia. The lone island of stability in an ocean of recession.

Post by lukexcom »

1post

EDIT: Yeah, first post! Woooooooo!!!

Now to read it. :D :D

EDIT #2: Marvelous! Simply marvelous! I cannot wait to taste the blood and the slaughter that Darth Nemesis will inflict in a wrathful fury of venegance upon Darkstar...oh, wait. He's Luke now. Damnit. :?

But still, a most excellent story! I cannot wait for the next part. Oh, the waiting is killing me! :D
Last edited by lukexcom on 2003-12-30 08:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Luke
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Second!

Ooooooh Fanfic

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

I was posting this new chapter and I noticed this reply in the thread over there:
Just curious, earlier on in the story you say that handheld imp weapons can even destroy fed shuttles, if that's true then when Luke got his hand shot (the prostetic one that is) it wasn't destroyed, later on i saw some ewok's (from return of the jedi) arrows penetrating and killing a stormtrooper. If imp handheld weapons are as powerful as you say then the stormtrooper's armour should not have been breached. Either that or Luke's prostetic hand is near indestructible and imp armour is as effective as paper.

And about fighters, i posted this earlier but you didn't seem to notice so i'll add it again:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos Marine
Good story but i can't help but think that the Emprire's ships are two accurate and fast compared to ST ships, plus the SW Galaxy is far smaller than the ST Galaxy, after all, as stated in the films and indeed your own fic they jump to light speed, warp goes a lot faster than just light speed. Plus TIE fighters etc use laser cannons which have a kilometre or so range, ST ships could pick them off at great ranges and their deflector arrays would render them useless.

Although i have to say you've got kirk down to a T.

Very good work

Anyone want to have fun with these comments, aren't these like 5 of the 7 deadly fallacies of Trekkie hatred for Wars?

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

PS this is most definatly an oh-shit part

The Aliens
Keeper of the Lore
Location: hovering high up above, making home movies for the folks back home.

Post by The Aliens »

Absolutely excellent.

"Richly ironic is it not my sweet Captain? If I didn’t know any better I would say this was being written by someone as we speak.” <--- excellent line :D
| Lorekeeper | EBC |
| SEGNOR | Knights |

..French....................Music..................
|::::::::|::::::::|::::::::|::::::::|
.................Comics...................Fiction..