No
30%
Maybe
33%

Total votes: 30

Daltonator
Reclusive Wanker

Post by Daltonator »

Your daughter is more important than any silly ol' meeting :)

Another time, Strav.
JMS 4:22 | Image
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Rob Wilson wrote:Well don't forget some of us will be having a little dinner on Saturday night as well. Right, my train leaves in 5 hours. I have to sleep, so I'll see you all on Friday. Don't forget Chistmas cards. :P
Great and Christmas cards...oh boy that means I have to make a quickie run to the local store...haven't made them out. :shock:

One other thing, Dalton, IIRC you said you're taking the LIRR, so erm...how shall it work?
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

OK, I finally have things settled. I will be coming up Friday afternoon. Greg, unless you're planning on coming home Saturday night or very early Sunday morning, I'm going to drive myself up since I will have to work on Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

If anyone needs to reach me phone 302-737-8127
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Soontir C'boath wrote:One other thing, Dalton, IIRC you said you're taking the LIRR, so erm...how shall it work?
Er...jump on the westbound to Penn and hop on the uptown A to 57th?
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Soontir C'boath
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Oh never mind, was thinking of something else. And I thought the theater was on 42nd?
There is no stop for 57 for the A only F :P

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Soontir C'boath wrote:Oh never mind, was thinking of something else. And I thought the theater was on 42nd?
There is no stop for 57 for the A only F :P
The Hard Rock Cafe is on 57th, which is where dinner is tomorrow night.

If the A doesn't stop there, you can just hop on the F then from where you are if you're anywhere west of 179th street.

To get to the theater, the easiest thing to do would be to take the E to the Port Authority. If you're on the F you can transfer at Union Turnpike.
To Absent Friends

Soontir C'boath

OK, just wondering about the theater that's all. Remember, I can't come today. :P~Jason
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Soontir C'boath wrote:OK, just wondering about the theater that's all. Remember, I can't come today. :P~Jason
Oh, oops, forgot :)

Oh yeah, guys, try to get there a little early tonight so we can try to get tables.
To Absent Friends

Dalton

Post by Dalton »

My cellphone is 516-316-8152. I also have Hotfoot's cell and Aron's cell (though I haven't heard from him in a bit...).
To Absent Friends

Dalton

Post by Dalton »

And there was merriment and laughter. The people who attended the dinner:

Myself
My sister Aylakat
Rob Wilson
Lurker (Rob's hetero lifemate)
CmdrWilkens/Greg Burnett
Phil Skayhan
Hotfoot
Marcao
Ghost Rider

Aron, we tried to call you like three times, man :)
fgalkin, hope you're feeling better.
Stravo, we saved a chair in your memory...well, kinda. We had a table for ten, so Phil used it for baggage :)

Pics will come from Rob and Lurker, hopefully soon. Much fun was had by all.

OK, I expect to see at least Jason tomorrow. Any others?
To Absent Friends

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

I must regretfully announce that I'm not coming. That sucks considering I've got the ticket and everything. :(

Although I'm thinking that we must try again someday, hopefully more people would be able to attend.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Well, it's only ten bucks in the long run, and your health is more important - considering that we don't want you getting us sick :)
To Absent Friends

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Dalton wrote:Well, it's only ten bucks in the long run, and your health is more important - considering that we don't want you getting us sick :)
It's not the 10 bucks that I miss, its the fact that I've been keeping it in my wallet, thinking "Soon now. Vrey soon. Preciousssss" every time I looked at it.

Oh well, I'll see it some time next week.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

fgalkin wrote:It's not the 10 bucks that I miss, its the fact that I've been keeping it in my wallet, thinking "Soon now. Vrey soon. Preciousssss" every time I looked at it.

Dude, you could probably go and get your money back tomorrow morning, before the movie.
To Absent Friends

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Dalton wrote:
fgalkin wrote:It's not the 10 bucks that I miss, its the fact that I've been keeping it in my wallet, thinking "Soon now. Vrey soon. Preciousssss" every time I looked at it.

Dude, you could probably go and get your money back tomorrow morning, before the movie.
Like I said, the money is irrelevant. I simply hate sudden changes of plans.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Soontir C'boath

All RIGHTY! Off I go. I'll call you up Dalton after I'm out of the train ride.~Jason
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Alright! The movie and Friday's went pretty well. Highlights of the day...

Me. I missed the 11:39 train, had to take the 12:39. Got to the theater at 1:31 PM, a minute after the scheduled movie start. Everyone was waiting for me :P

Got in, got the tickets, wound up in the neckcramp seats. Jason turned up like some sort of "theater ninja" according to Rob.

Soon after the movie starts I am handed a box of donuts. I hate you guys.

After the movie: we split into two groups. Greg, myself, Rob and Lee head up to Greg's rental car and haul it to the Friday's, getting stuck in 11th Ave. traffic for a good half hour. Still get there an hour before Phil (who knows the area) and the rest of the entourage. I proceed to have a rum and coke on an empty stomach, draining it in under five minutes. My head buzzes worse than after the three I had the previous night.

Later on at Friday's we get to meet Phil's cute friend Kathy. Rob hits on her. ;)
Shortly after that walks in a tiny woman with humongous, obviously fake knockers. Phil seems to know the man she's with. Hmm. Me, Rob and Ghost Rider decide to spend our time hanging out IRL to talk about...Stardestroyer.net. Whee!

That's my night. And fun was had by all, I assume.
To Absent Friends

Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

Dalton wrote:Alright! The movie and Friday's went pretty well. Highlights of the day...

Me. I missed the 11:39 train, had to take the 12:39. Got to the theater at 1:31 PM, a minute after the scheduled movie start. Everyone was waiting for me :P

Got in, got the tickets, wound up in the neckcramp seats. Jason turned up like some sort of "theater ninja" according to Rob.

Soon after the movie starts I am handed a box of donuts. I hate you guys.
Cue Fiddler on the Roof music: Tradition!
After the movie: we split into two groups. Greg, myself, Rob and Lee head up to Greg's rental car and haul it to the Friday's, getting stuck in 11th Ave. traffic for a good half hour. Still get there an hour before Phil (who knows the area) and the rest of the entourage.

Because like an idiot I go left out of Jersey City instead of right, turning a 20 minute trip into an hour and a half!! I'm still pissed at myself.
I proceed to have a rum and coke on an empty stomach, draining it in under five minutes. My head buzzes worse than after the three I had the previous night.

Later on at Friday's we get to meet Phil's cute friend Kathy. Rob hits on her. ;)
Shortly after that walks in a tiny woman with humongous, obviously fake knockers. Phil seems to know the man she's with. Hmm.
Yeah, Kathy's sweet when she's not hitting you in the head with a calculator and drawing blood. :lol:
I've known Terry and Rhiannon for years. And she wasn't as "pumped-up" as she could have been. I mean that literally. Look for her on the cover of the forth-coming Cleavage Magazine.

Me, Rob and Ghost Rider decide to spend our time hanging out IRL to talk about...Stardestroyer.net. Whee!
Plotting their imminent coup.... :twisted:
That's my night. And fun was had by all, I assume.
I did. I just wish I didn't have to drive those extra 2 hours home tonight.

It was great seeing the crew from the last time as well as meeting Hotfoot, Soonir, Ghost Rider, and Macao. All whom I've never really spoken to on the board. Definately a plus getting to know them.

And now the obligatory pic
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Grrrr.....

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Phil Skayhan wrote:And now the obligatory pic
Dude, ID us! :)

From the bottom left and clockwise:

Me, Kathy, Soontir, Hotfoot, Marcao (Behind Ghost Rider's huge melon), Rob W. with his Bendy Straw of Fun, Ghost Rider (and his huge melon), Lurker and Greg/CmdrWilkens, the Littlest Marine.

Not pictured: Phil. He was behind the camera.
To Absent Friends

Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Dalton wrote:...Rob W. with his Bendy Straw of Fun...
...*raises eyebrow* Not sure I want to know what made it so fun....
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Zaia wrote:
Dalton wrote:...Rob W. with his Bendy Straw of Fun...
...*raises eyebrow* Not sure I want to know what made it so fun....
He was playing with it while we were waiting for Phil. Quite Gollumish.

Oooh, I forgot to mention the Stare. Both he and Greg have hellish stares!
To Absent Friends

Dalton

Post by Dalton »

P.S.:

Aron (I got your voicemail man, no worries), Stravo and fgalkin: We'll get you next time :twisted:
To Absent Friends

Soontir C'boath

Dalton wrote:Me. I missed the 11:39 train, had to take the 12:39. Got to the theater at 1:31 PM, a minute after the scheduled movie start. Everyone was waiting for me.
I went in at 1:29 thinking I somehow lost you inside and so I just went up by myself lol.
This was when I went inside, and there were a ton of people sitting down already and I'm like shit. It didn't help that I left the phone on with it ringing and me stumbling on the stairs so I have people looking at me all the while I went up to the top on one side to check if you guys were there and then went to the other. I stood up there until, I see a dark familiar shadow figure down below and hey IT'S ROB! :D

The most stupidest part at the theatre was, we were all standing outside waiting for Rob and the thing is I didn't know any of the others because I never saw their faces. So I'm standing there like 5 feet away from the rest of the guys in the cold looking around waiting for Rob without knowing it was them lol.

Cyaround,
Jason
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Why is it that I'm almost always immediately recognizable?
To Absent Friends